Natsu in OP verse.

Link removed
Link removed
Link removed

Yeah, I am well aware of that feat, but it is in bad spirit and kinda sly-fox to post it without other scans that actually show the size of the "support beam"/pillar. Also, within that arc, Natsu did not one shot that beam but was wacking at it for a prolonged time and used many-many attacks again. As I recall, it was in fact a tiring task. With the above said, and just a little more context given to those scans, the feat doesn't contradicted and only compliments what I already said.

Yeah, I am well aware of that feat, but it is in bad spirit and kinda sly-fox to post it without other scans that actually show the size of the "support beam"/pillar. Also, within that arc, Natsu did not one shot that beam but was wacking at it for a prolonged time and used many-many attacks again. As I recall, it was in fact a tiring task. With the above said, and just a little more context given to those scans, the feat doesn't contradicted and only compliments what I already said.

That has nothing to do with why I posted those scans. So please don't try to spin that crap on me.

Ugh @ Natsu being Arlong Park level, much less Arabasta Luffy Level.

Natsu needed multiple attacks to first break apart the side of the building, and it was arguably not entirely stable from the previous fights anyway. In addition to the above, Natsu needed one other attack to smash the foundation.
Link removed
Link removed
All of that is Crimson Dragon Fist it's one attack. And no other battle that took place in the Phantom Guild up to that point was on a large enough scale to do considerable damage to the guild.
After that Natsu needed many-many-many attacks to actually take out the whole Phantom guild building. With regards to the actual damage done to the building, Natsu's attacks weren't simply physical power but released fire (explosions) as they hit, and thus increased the "aoe" of the damage, making his power seem more impressive then it was.
Link removed

Look closely at the fire and cocentrated explosions in the scans...
Good job Sherlock, Natsu uses fire to destroy shit, that's something we didn't know in the first chapter.

Contray to Natsu, Luffy casually destroyed the "Arlong Park building" with an axe in one attack. Worst still for natsu, previously Arlong simply tore a house up and out of the ground. Yep, both instances are beyond Natsu. With that said, Natsu falls into the Don Kreig arc as Luffy or Sanji.
if people really wanted to be sticklers, which they often are, one could simply bring up the fact Luffy has hit people to other islands all the way back against Buggy. Ugh. --- Long live Luffy and his ... which sublimates Natsu all the more under his shoe. That islands thing is horribly annoying.....

Are you fucking kidding me? We get a couple pages of Luffy doing random damage to the Arlong park building before he brought it down with his axe. And both house destroying and tossing people far away have been done in FT. If I myself wanted to be a stickler I could say Natsu was credited with destroying seven houses before the Eisenwald arc. So like I said his feats perfectly fit into Arlong Arc.

That has nothing to do with why I posted those scans. So please don't try to spin that crap on me.

you just posted three scans without any words or anything so off course I'm going to assume something. :oh

And what crap am I trying to spin on you ?

@swan
Natsu threw multiple punches. Hence, it was multiple attacks with his fist. It's that simple.

the fact Natsu 'destroys shit' with fire dictates his physical power isn't as high as the feats shows, and I am pointing that out because none of you seem to be taking that into consideration. The fire and explosions make his physical power less then the feats show and affect 'shit'. Also, stop being a snide "swear word" with sherlock comments and other such shit.....

Luffy split apart the entire building in one hit in the end. The same way you're claming the previous FT fights didn't do substantial damage to the structure to impact the strength feat is my claim for Luffy. In fact, what damage did Luffy/Arlong do exactly that you would say effected Luffy splittling and decimating the entire building in one clean vicious hit. Some holes in a wall or two is nothing.

--- On Ft fights doing no damage, if I cared enough to look over each Ft fight outside of Gazille and Natsu I would comment.----

Lastly-- Post scans of Natsu hitting someone to another island. Oh wait.......

Last edited:

@swan
Natsu threw multiple punches. Hence, it was multiple attacks with his fist. It's that simple.
It's one attack the same way a Gatling Gun, or Storm is one attack. Not that it really matters since Luffy doesn't have any feats of destroying large buildings in "one-attack at this point.

the fact Natsu 'destroys shit' with fire dictates his physical power isn't as high as the feats shows, and I am pointing that out because none of you seem to be taking that into consideration. The fire and explosions make his physical power less then the feats show and affect 'shit'. Also, stop being a snide "swear word" with sherlock comments and other such shit.....
It so obvious it really doesn't have to be said. I doubt anybody missed the large explosions at the end of Natsu's fist when he used the attack. And it doessn't matter when you're discussing DESTRUCTIVE POWER. And my apologies if I hurt your feelings with my bad words, put a band-aid on it, and I'll try and play nice next time.

Luffy split apart the entire building in one hit in the end. The same way you're claming the previous FT fights didn't do substantial damage to the structure to impact the strength feat is my claim for Luffy. In fact, what damage did Luffy/Arlong do exactly that you would say effected Luffy splittling and decimating the entire building in one clean vicious hit. Some holes in a wall or two is nothing.
Difference being Luffy's attacks was clearly destroying the structure of the building, you know, the shit stuff keeping it together, in comparison to the fights in the guild arc, which showed no visible damage to the structure until the fight with Gazille. And yes walls are a vital part in keeping a building standing.

--- On Ft fights doing no damage, if I cared enough to look over each Ft fight outside of Gazille and Natsu I would comment.----
Strawman. I never said FT fights don't do damage. I said none of the fights other than Natsu's did considerable damage to the guild up to that point in the arc.

Lastly-- Post scans of Natsu hitting someone to another island. Oh wait.......
Gee I dunno it's not like Natsu destroyed Gazille who punked this guy in combat.

It's one attack the same way a Gatling Gun, or Storm is one attack. Not that it really matters since Luffy doesn't have any feats of destroying large buildings in "one-attack at this point.

Yawn. I see you've taken up denying facts now and making pointless associations. The scans show multiple punches. Natsu threw multiple punches. Nothing else needs to be said.
Natsu threw multiple punches.
It so obvious it really doesn't have to be said. I doubt anybody missed the large explosions at the end of Natsu's fist when he used the attack. And it doessn't matter when you're discussing DESTRUCTIVE POWER. And my apologies if I hurt your feelings with my bad words, put a band-aid on it, and I'll try and play nice next time.

Wrong. It matters because the explosion and fire is primary damage to the building busting we are using to judge the feat, and thus its affects should be weighted in relation to the busting. Lol at thinking you could hurt my feelings over the internet.:laugh Really, your simply posting in the style of douche-bag and I was just pointing that out.

Natsu threw multiple punches.
Difference being Luffy's attacks was clearly destroying the structure of the building, you know, the shit stuff keeping it together, in comparison to the fights in the guild arc, which showed no visible damage to the structure until the fight with Gazille. And yes walls are a vital part in keeping a building standing.

Some walls being damaged does not effect Luffy's feat
unless they are in very specific area's. I see no proof or reasoning from you on the matter so I will dismiss your claims. Also, Axe was a casual attack.

Strawman. I never said FT fights don't do damage. I said none of the fights other than Natsu's did considerable damage to the guild up to that point in the arc.

whatever.

Gee I dunno it's not like Natsu destroyed Gazille who punked this guy in combat.

Gee I guess I missed the scans and statements of the fodder 4 character being thrown to another city, much less another island. Oh wait......
Arlong park is a long way off.

Yawn. I see you've taken up denying facts now and making pointless associations. The scans show multiple punches. Natsu threw multiple punches. Nothing else needs to be said.
And there you are blatantly dodging the fact that Luffy caused prior damage to the building.

Wrong. It matters because the explosion and fire is primary damage to the building busting we are using to judge the feat, and thus its effects should be weighted in relation to the busting. Lol at thinking you could hurt my feelings over the internet.:laugh Really, your simply posting in the style of douche-bag and I was just pointing that out.
Aww man some dude over the nets calling me a douche-bag, how will I sleep at night? But riddle me this, is the concept of overall destructive power that hard to grasp?

Some walls being damaged does not effect Luffy's feat
unless they are in very specific area's.
this
Construction 101: Walls are generally a neccessity in keeping buildings strong. Here's another little tid bit of information, depending on the buildings use it may actually be stronger than other buildings. In this case we're comparing a building used to make maps to a fortress, generally build for defense anyway, capable of handling the recoil a blast as large as that from the Jupiter Cannon would make. And unless you have some blueprints for Arlong Park sitting around your place, the fact that Luffy was randomly destroying the building before the axe needs to be considered.

Gee I guess I missed the scans and statements of the fodder 4 character being thrown to another city, much less another island. Oh wait......

And in order for that to matter you have to know how far the distance between Buggy's island and where he landed. Which you don't.

And there you are blatantly dodging the fact that Luffy caused prior damage to the building.

this has to do with you denying the fact natsu threw multiple punches how ?

Aww man some dude over the nets calling me a douche-bag, how will I sleep at night? But riddle me this, is the concept of overall destructive power that hard to grasp?

You won't sleep because the term will haunt you for all time. :notrust
@ riddle= not really but it's lacking in Luffy feat.2nd- Natsu fire/ explosion greatly effects the structural integrity and makes his feats (physical power) less precisely due to the other/access damages.

Bonus- kind of ignoring the fact Arlong casually picked up a house and toss/crush aren't ya ? kinda shows his casual lifiitingg strength doesn't it ?

Construction 101: Walls are generally a neccessity in keeping buildings strong. Here's another little tid bit of information, depending on the buildings use it may actually be stronger than other buildings. In this case we're comparing a building used to make maps to a fortress, generally build for defense anyway, capable of handling the recoil a blast as large as that from the Jupiter Cannon would make. And unless you have some blueprints for Arlong Park sitting around your place, the fact that Luffy was randomly destroying the building before the axe needs to be considered.

jupiter cannon was a magic spell. its after affects being determinative of the structural integrity of the guild is stretch at best.
The base as a fortress and that it is reinforced is dismissed unless their is evidence of the reinforcement. In this case that reinforcement only matters in regards to the walls/ floors.

Luffy cracked the entire building in half with a casual stomp. beforehand there was only superficial damage from shark on darts and maybe 7 walls damaged.
- Can't remember anything about the other FT fights to argue against, but Natsu and Gazille did alot of damage pre-building busting.

And in order for that to matter you have to know how far the distance between Buggy's island and where he landed. Which you don't.

True. Although I'm certain the surrounding area (sea) didn't have any islands incite. Regardless, Buggy's arch,height, weight, and known travel distance, would also give some indication of the strength with which Luffy exerted. Meh, should be obvious Natsu can't match that feat.

this has to do with you denying the fact natsu threw multiple punches how ?
Way to miss the point, keep up the good work.

You won't sleep because the term will haunt you for all time. :notrust
@ riddle= not really but it's lacking in Luffy feat. 2nd- kind of ignoring the fact Arlong casually picked up a house and toss/crush aren't ya ? 3rd- Natsu fire/ explosion greatly effects the structural integrity and makes his feats less impressive.
Ignoring it? No. Just comparing it to Natsu destroying seven houses three arcs ago. And am I really going to have to explain something this simple to you? Overall destructive power, meaning the amount of destruction it's possible for a character to cause. The fact that Natsu is using explosions is irrelevant because he's using HIS power to do it. My God, this feels like me tutoring the "special" boy back in high school all over again.

jupiter cannon was a magic spell using machinery.Therefore it after affects being determinative of the structural integrity of the guild is stretch at best.
The base as a fortress and thus that it is reinforced is dismissed unless their is evidence of the reinforcement. In this case that reinforcement only matters in regards to the walls/ floors.
So basically an, "it's magic so real laws don't apply" argument huh? So then it'd be up to you to point out a characteristic about the cannon proving that it's shouldn't comply with basic laws of force output.

Luffy cracked the entire building in half with a casual stomp. beforehand their was only superficial damage from shark on darts and maybe 7 walls damaged.
- Can't remember anything about the other Ft fights-
It's damaging the walls and possibly support beams of the house. Let's try to understand that if you randomly break pieces of a building it tends to weaken it.

True. Although I'm someone certain the surrounding area (sea) didn't have any island incite. Regardless, Buggy's arch,height, and known travel distance, would also give some indication of the strength with which Luffy exerted.

If your going to go with the fact that there were no visible islands it only makes the feat less impressive. IIRC it's about five miles before something disappears over the horizon. I'd expect knocking something clean out of sight with no obstruction is even more impressive, in that aspect, both feats are the same, UNLESS you consider mass. Where Buggy was missing body parts at the time, the mage was coated in an ice shroud.

1. Yea, I'm not in the mood to repeat myself for another page. Keep reading until something clicks.

2. You are misremembering, you're thinking of the life destroying spell that was never finished, not the giant cannon strapped to the front of the guild.

3. Support beams tend to be hidden behind the walls so you shouldn't see them. And where the Arlong park building was made of stone and wood, the guild was made of Stone, Iron, and Steel.

4.Everybody knows that the sparkle effect is indictive of being blasted out of sight. If I wanted to toss some weak shit your way I could say in the last panel you can still see Buggy.

1. Yea, I'm not in the mood to repeat myself for another page. Keep reading until something clicks.

2. You are misremembering, you're thinking of the life destroying spell that was never finished, not the giant cannon strapped to the front of the guild.

3. Support beams tend to be hidden behind the walls so you shouldn't see them. And where the Arlong park building was made of stone and wood, the guild was made of Stone, Iron, and Steel.

4.Everybody knows that the sparkle effect is indictive of being blasted out of sight. If I wanted to toss some weak shit your way I could say in the last panel you can still see Buggy.

1) I feel the same way and will say the same thing for you.
2. I'll check.
3) It still depends on the exact points for the walls. You're right the guild has tougher materials, although I don't recall steel being part of anything relevant to Natsu distrubing the foundation. Also, why would the support beams in Arlong park be made of stone ? Was that shown or inferred anywhere ?
4) The everybody knows portion is probably a fallacy of some sort. Also, even ignoring that, there is no real distances given to such said anime assumption. --- Last scan shows the direction he went in given earlier images shown in battle-
----
Seems we've reached a stalemate on everything above. :(
----------------

ps: if I wanted to throw a weak argument I could say older feats in earlier One Piece also indicate the strength gap because Luffy is stronger-- I.E. Luffy casually knocking up a se king whose sheer size makes it class 100 in weight----

My God. Re-read all chapters of Fairy Tail please, because now you're just bringing up feats that have rather clearly been done in earlier chapters of Fairy Tail. I've spent the last five post explaining why the fact that Natsu using explosions but you continue to miss the point in a retarded fashion. In addition to chaining together completely unrelated parts of my argument resulting in some random Strawman argument. I never said anything about the support beams of Arlong Park being made of stone, I was speaking of the structure in general. The everybody knows part of my post was to give you a little hint about how silly it is to contest the point when it is that obvious. Anybody that has ever watched an anime or manga knows how the sparkle is an indication of an object beeing out of somebody's range of vision. This shit is just getting stupid.

My God. Re-read all chapters of Fairy Tail please, because now you're just bringing up feats that have rather clearly been done in earlier chapters of Fairy Tail. I've spent the last five post explaining why the fact that Natsu using explosions but you continue to miss the point in a retarded fashion. In addition to chaining together completely unrelated parts of my argument resulting in some random Strawman argument. I never said anything about the support beams of Arlong Park being made of stone, I was speaking of the structure in general. The everybody knows part of my post was to give you a little hint about how silly it is to contest the point when it is that obvious. Anybody that has ever watched an anime or manga knows how the sparkle is an indication of an object beeing out of somebody's range of vision. This shit is just getting stupid.

What Monsters as Big as Momo in Fairy Tail were knocked around as casually ? And no, delira or however you speel his name wasn't. your comments on Natsu and explosions was already dealt with in my last post, and you're simply choosing to ignore it. Arlong Park= Oh--- You missed my point or shows to take one aspect of it. The everybody knows part of your argument doesn't matter like I said, because the distance is still limited and without reference we take bare minimum. On the other hand the bugy exmaple even with bare minimum is so grossly beyond the Ft one it is funny. This 'shit is getting stupid' because you keep ignoring a counter to your same point, and then complaining about it with adressing it. -- Last= no one is forcing you to stay in the thread, if it's all so frustrating just stop. This is finished anyway.

And you miss the point. Again. The giant rat that was stamping aroung in the forest and Zeref were easily as large as Momo. Now guess what happens when they meet the heros of the story.
And to convey my point on the explosions in a way you may understand:
Duuhhh Natsu controls teh explosions---- Duhhh da explosion knocked down teh fourtress---- Duhhh everyone knows Natsu uses fiar to blow shit up----

Your reaching on the Buggy matter so far it isn't even funny. Quick poll to anybody lurking the thread; how often is a sparkle followed the character flying out of sight in any anime? It's so fucking obvious I don't even see why you'de try to pull some half-assed argument against it. And so far you've been spewing the same nonsense on the fact that Luffy was randomly smashing apart the building, and now seem to have abandoned it altogether. You're wasting whatever credit your name had trying to spread out the non-existent gap in destructive power bewtween Arlong Park and Current FT.

And you miss the point. Again. The giant rat that was stamping aroung in the forest and Zeref were easily as large as Momo. Now guess what happens when they meet the heros of the story.

Scans of giant rat
for comparing to Momo.

And to convey my point on the explosions in a way you may understand:
Duuhhh Natsu controls teh explosions---- Duhhh da explosion knocked down teh fourtress---- Duhhh everyone knows Natsu uses fiar to blow shit up----

Explosions and fire spamming off to hit something from afar are not physical strength.

Your reaching on the Buggy matter so far it isn't even funny. Quick poll to anybody lurking the thread; how often is a sparkle followed the character flying out of sight in any anime? It's so fucking obvious I don't even see why you'de try to pull some half-assed argument against it. And so far you've been spewing the same nonsense on the fact that Luffy was randomly smashing apart the building, and now seem to have abandoned it altogether. You're wasting whatever credit your name had trying to spread out the non-existent gap in destructive power bewtween Arlong Park and Current FT.

The first bolded is a fallacy, as the popular opinion shouldn't matter.
Iabadonned nothing about how Luffy was randomly smashing apart the building. In each post I said walls were destroyed. You're the one that still hasn't proven the walls smashed affected Luffy's feat by indicating. the position matter in him splitting the house in half. How many times to I have to say it.

The second bolded isn't exactly breaking my heart because I don't know a single person in the obd personally. Secondly, "credit' from one topic doesn't mean a damn thing unless your pride needs stroking. I judge a poster by the arguments in each topic. Consitency is a another matter all together...

The gap between Arlong Park and Current Ft in Physical strength is there. Explosions are not physical strength, and older Ft feats are not at One Piece level. Even Don Kreig Casually tossing hise ship a couple hundred feat with one hand isn't easily matched.

1. I can't supply scans as of now.
2. No shit, I've been saying that, and that it's irrelevant to what we're discussing for the last few pages.
3.Repeat DESTRUCTIVE CAPACITY IS NOT DEPENDENT ON STRENGTH.
4. I'm saying it's common knowledge to know what th sparkles mean. Like how an exclamation mark indicates surprise.
5. Stop pointing out pieces of my post because a now you're asking things I've answered in the same fucking post.
6. Walls help keep a building up, smash, the walls, weaken the building. This is about the fourth time I'm saying it but we seem to want to be thick as lead today.

Last edited:
Preety much everything has already been gone over so ill just chime in with the scans people seem to want,heres the ratLink removed
,heres momoLink removed
,o and I guess zeref too is anyone is wonderingLink removed
,while I certainly wont deny that the rat is big...momo is much bigger,heres another momo scan and yes that small thing is sanji
Link removed.

Also consider that the Rat is off in the distance so there's a bit of perspective. And thanks for providing some scans Feitan.

Very true,but you also have to consider the first scan of momo is only about half his body,the second one I posted it the only time you actually see momos entire body in comparison to anything else,o and found nother scan of the rat,should be able to get a decent size range for her with this oneLink removed

Ah yes there is a slight edge in size to Momo. But you also have to consider that this is all before the Guild arc, where most of the main cast get a large power-up. And that there's still the fact that the Rat was manhandled without the use of Erza more powerful techniques.

Ah yes there is a slight edge in size to Momo. But you also have to consider that this is all before the Guild arc, where most of the main cast get a large power-up. And that there's still the fact that the Rat was manhandled without the use of Erza more powerful techniques.

Id give it more then a slight edge but yea they did recently get some nice powerups,Id be willing to say natsu and pissed off arlong arc luffy are around the same level strength wise but...alabasta no.

There's also Natsu stopping that attack from Eisenwald that rendered through steel and iron tracks like they were nothing too.

But yeah I also agree, around end of Arlong Arc Luffy's strength, with Feitan on that one.

Back
Top Bottom