Naruto vs. Sasuke

Uchiha Roo

My friend pointed out this about kishi and i think its a good prediction... Kishimoto's favorite anime was DBZ well in DBZ Vegeta and Goku never got there fight, those two were the biggest rivals when it came to the series. In Naruto, Naruto and Sasuke are friends and rivals at the same time much like Vegeta and Goku so me and my friend both see kishi having naruto and sasuke never getting that fight but possibly teaming up to defeat the main villain... much like goku and vegeta teaming up to defeat Kid Buu

Er...well if you mean by a friendly fight....

This was only in the anime, but at the end of DBZ I remember something like Goku was saying going to say goodbye to everyone to go train Uub and it was a sunset setting. Before he left, Vegeta challenged him to one last friendly fight. We never get to see the fight, but they seemed to have had it,

Uchiha Roo said:
My friend pointed out this about kishi and i think its a good prediction... Kishimoto's favorite anime was DBZ well in DBZ Vegeta and Goku never got there fight, those two were the biggest rivals when it came to the series. In Naruto, Naruto and Sasuke are friends and rivals at the same time much like Vegeta and Goku so me and my friend both see kishi having naruto and sasuke never getting that fight but possibly teaming up to defeat the main villain... much like goku and vegeta teaming up to defeat Kid Buu

Vegeta got his fight in the Buu Saga remember. Well, Naruto still got to fight Sasuke one more time to redeem Sasuke. It doesn't seem like words will get to Sasuke right now.

i mean by a full fight till a no doubt winner is decided... buu saga their fight was interrupted by the hatching of buu, sorry above for the ending i didnt mean the last episode i meant the last villain my mistake... maybe kishi will go along those lines and not show the fight but say they do have the fight possibly im not sure

Uchiha Roo said:
i mean by a full fight till a no doubt winner is decided... buu saga their fight was interrupted by the hatching of buu, sorry above for the ending i didnt mean the last episode i meant the last villain my mistake... maybe kishi will go along those lines and not show the fight but say they do have the fight possibly im not sure

umm.....there has already been a Naruto vs. Sasuke fight where a winner was decided. :oh

I do see a time where Naruto and Sasuke are going to each other, but they both stop fighting because the circumstances are forcing them to defeat a greater foe than both of them. A foe that can only be defeated if they team up. There's a good chance this can happen, but I won't cry foul if it doesn't.

They have to fight again, and a winner has to be decided.
kataimiko said:
umm.....there has already been a Naruto vs. Sasuke fight where a winner was decided. :oh
Yup. There'll be another one, too.

What's better than fighting together.

But how about fighting in Naruto's stomach...

After Kyuubi was introduced on the first page of the manga,
After Akatsuki's purpose was revealed,
After Jiraiya spelled it out how this monster changes Naruto's life path,
After Kyuubi hinted the Uchiha Kyuubi connection,

Sasuke v.s. Kyuubi ftw!

(It's hard to tell what condition Naruto will be in at that time. Maybe it's unsealed so Naruto fights with Sasuke. Or maybe Naruto will be suffering on the verge of seal weakening.)

the problem with comparing the rivals in DBZ with the rivals in Naruto is that in DBZ Goku was almost always shown as stronger for some gay reason. Vegeta was just strolling behind like a lost puppy, while you can say this also counts for Naruto being weaker than Sasuke you should remember that in this story the underdog is the hero so he has way more unfair advantages that help him close the gap in strength between his Rival

kishi likes dbz, yes. so maybe like vegeta gave his body, once sasuke gives his body to oro, has a crazy fight with itachi and wins, he/they fight it out with naruto as the last battle. naruto kills him since sasuke is happy/sad(itachi had a good reason afterall) with killing his brother and helps in holding orochimaru back within his own body of sorts. and naruto keeps his promise and brings sasuke back to konoha to bury him. showing that he kept his promise and that he never turned his back to his friend.

or naruto was a reincarnation of yondaime, and naruto performs the same seal on sasukes soul and sasuke ends up reincarnating, and naruto takes care of him?

Uchiha Roo said:
Uhh... of all the characters one could conceivably call Goku's rivals throughout the whole of DB, he's fought all of them at least once, most twice.

Goku stopped fighting them when they stopped being enemies, excluding the tournament fights. At the moment, Sasuke is Naruto's enemy, so there's no problem with the two of them fighting.

*uzamaki-naruto* said:
stop with the reincarnating i hope that it won't end with that cause that would be stupid if you ask me.

i'll stop with the *stupid* idea of reincarnating, when you start to learn how to spell * uzumaki naruto* correctly

that idea just came to me, and it would be something of a nice ending. remember this is a shounen jump manga. there's going to be some kind of happy ending. i wish it were a little more serious toned, but you make do with what you have.

as much as i love sasuke's character i do believe he is in a high percentage of dying in the end, and that low percentage of having team 7 back together in the very end

Well, if it did it wouldn't be because of DB, its just a Shonen peculiarity. Its common for the rivals to never really fight each other until the end.

kataimiko said:

actually that fight is not a good example. the reason being that they two were fighting differently. sasuke was trying to kill naruto and naruto was trying to keep sasuke from leaving. if naruto was trying to kill as well we don't know what will happen.

this is not a fight where a winner is decided.

coolgu said:
actually that fight is not a good example. the reason being that they two were fighting differently. sasuke was trying to kill naruto and naruto was trying to keep sasuke from leaving. if naruto was trying to kill as well we don't know what will happen.

this is not a fight where a winner is decided.
Don't throw around that crock of bs. You don't exactly try to Rasengan someone in the face if you want them alive.

Sasuke3759 said:
Don't throw around that crock of bs. You don't exactly try to Rasengan someone in the face if you want them alive.

I understand your feelings, but I have to agree with Coolgu on this - and this is just our take on what happens. But remember at the start of the fight Sasuke is mocking Naruto and says Naruto won't even be able to lay a scratch on Sasuke's forehead (which is Sasuke's original reason for refusing to put his forehead protector on).

When everything is done, after the two have clashed, their true intentions were made clear - both did exactly what they set out to do in that moment: Sasuke stabbed Naruto through the lung, and we see Sasuke's forehead protector fall off with one, long single scratch across it. Naruto went at Sasuke with Rasengan loaded because he wanted to test Sasuke and see if Sasuke was serious about using Chidori on him (he was). Naruto wasn't trying to hurt Sasuke though - he 'counted coup' (a native american battle practice of touching your enemy someplace that doesn't harm them but shows you had the chance to kill them if you had chosen to, causing your enemy to lose face and indicating a non-lethal way of showing who is stronger). Sasuke said Naruto couldn't touch him and Naruto did, and did no more. Not because he lost or was weaker, but because that was all he intended to do, was that scratch.

I don't know if we'd ever see a real fight to the death quality battle from Sasuke and Naruto simply because Naruto doesn't want to kill Sasuke. He will always be holding back because of this. The exception to this will be if Orochimaru has Sasuke attack Konoha. So how these two match up in strength is a toss up at best.

Cynycyl said:
I understand your feelings, but I have to agree with Coolgu on this - and this is just our take on what happens. But remember at the start of the fight Sasuke is mocking Naruto and says Naruto won't even be able to lay a scratch on Sasuke's forehead (which is Sasuke's original reason for refusing to put his forehead protector on).
In the anime they made it out as if Naruto intentionally put the scratch on the headband. However, in the manga Naruto's claws didn't even touch Sasuke's forhead. It was the Rasengan. So Naruto WAS trying to Rasengan Sasuke in the face.
Cyncyl said:
When everything is done, after the two have clashed, their true intentions were made clear - both did exactly what they set out to do in that moment: Sasuke stabbed Naruto through the lung, and we see Sasuke's forehead protector fall off with one, long single scratch across it. Naruto went at Sasuke with Rasengan loaded because he wanted to test Sasuke and see if Sasuke was serious about using Chidori on him (he was). Naruto wasn't trying to hurt Sasuke though - he 'counted coup' (a native american battle practice of touching your enemy someplace that doesn't harm them but shows you had the chance to kill them if you had chosen to, causing your enemy to lose face and indicating a non-lethal way of showing who is stronger). Sasuke said Naruto couldn't touch him and Naruto did, and did no more. Not because he lost or was weaker, but because that was all he intended to do, was that scratch.
For one Sasuke didn't stab Naruto through the lung at that point. At the last minute he formed his hand into a fist and punched Naruto in the chest. Sasuke spared Naruto.

And as I said above, Naruto's claws didn't touch Sasuke's headband in the manga. The Rasengan did.
Cyncyl said:
I don't know if we'd ever see a real fight to the death quality battle from Sasuke and Naruto simply because Naruto doesn't want to kill Sasuke. He will always be holding back because of this. The exception to this will be if Orochimaru has Sasuke attack Konoha. So how these two match up in strength is a toss up at best.
Naruto surely wasn't holding back at the VotE. In the beginning he was, but after he went Kyuubi things were different.

The rivalry in Naruto looks like it might fluctuate between Naruto being stronger at times and Sasuke being better in other moments.
Either that or Naruto will stay better once Sasuke is saved and from that point on, there will be references/notes from each character praising the other as a form of aknowledgement as opposed to either one playing catch up.

OMG

Sasuke and Naruto's next fight is going to be awesome. After this training Naruto will beable to compete with Sasuke, no doubt about it.

I don't know if this is a legit spoiler or not. It was just somthing I found in the spoiler section in the Konoha Telegrams.
Spoiler: 321 spoiler read at your own risk
I read a spoiler that said Kakashi is going to teach Naruto Hiraishin. I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is then things could get pretty interesting.
If you don't believe me then check out the Konoha Telegrams for yourself.

Sasuke3759 said:
In the anime they made it out as if Naruto intentionally put the scratch on the headband. However, in the manga Naruto's claws didn't even touch Sasuke's forhead. It was the Rasengan. So Naruto WAS trying to Rasengan Sasuke in the face.For one Sasuke didn't stab Naruto through the lung at that point. At the last minute he formed his hand into a fist and punched Naruto in the chest. Sasuke spared Naruto.

And as I said above, Naruto's claws didn't touch Sasuke's headband in the manga. The Rasengan did.Naruto surely wasn't holding back at the VotE. In the beginning he was, but after he went Kyuubi things were different.

You think Naruto couldn't use the rasengan to scratch only instead of blow his face off? If he can have the finesse to compress a whirling ball of chakra in his hand, he can have the finesse to scratch only. Naruto's theme is he does what he says he's going to do - Sasuke said you won't scratch it, Naruto said he would, and he did. On the hospital top, Naruto lost his temper and wasn't holding back then...but at VotE he was, he even says he wanted to see if Sasuke was serious. He isn't depressed at the end because he thinks he's weaker...he's depressed because he realizes his friend has lost his mind (so to speak).

At this point we're going to have to agree to disagree. We differ in opinion of what Naruto's intentions were, and since neither of us is Kishi or Naruto, neither of us can say 100%. But I maintain my version of it is just as possible.

Either way, we'll see how they end up =)

Cynycyl said:
You think Naruto couldn't use the rasengan to scratch only instead of blow his face off? If he can have the finesse to compress a whirling ball of chakra in his hand, he can have the finesse to scratch only. Naruto's theme is he does what he says he's going to do - Sasuke said you won't scratch it, Naruto said he would, and he did. On the hospital top, Naruto lost his temper and wasn't holding back then...but at VotE he was, he even says he wanted to see if Sasuke was serious. He isn't depressed at the end because he thinks he's weaker...he's depressed because he realizes his friend has lost his mind (so to speak).
If the Rasengan was really that weak it wouldn't have been able to withstand the clash with the Chidori.
Cycycyl said:
At this point we're going to have to agree to disagree. We differ in opinion of what Naruto's intentions were, and since neither of us is Kishi or Naruto, neither of us can say 100%. But I maintain my version of it is just as possible.
I am Kishimoto... :ninja

LOL

Sasuke3759 said:
And as I said above, Naruto's claws didn't touch Sasuke's headband in the manga. The Rasengan did.Naruto surely wasn't holding back at the VotE. In the beginning he was, but after he went Kyuubi things were different.

Naruto may have been kyuubi but I still think his intentions were to weaken sasuke enough to where he couldn't leave.

Matt

Sasuke3759 said:
If the Rasengan was really that weak it wouldn't have been able to withstand the clash with the Chidori.I am Kishimoto... :ninja

LOL

Finesse != weak. It means how he applied it. If he swipes the Rasengan ball across the forehead protector to leave a scratch only, that's all thats going to happen. If Naruto was trying to plant a rasengan in Sasuke's face Sasuke would be dead - Sasuke had no way to deflect or shield himself from it's power, ergo, the fact it didn't kill Sasuke = Naruto's intent was to not kill him.

Sasuke3759 said:
OMG

Sasuke and Naruto's next fight is going to be awesome. After this training Naruto will beable to compete with Sasuke, no doubt about it.

I don't know if this is a legit spoiler or not. It was just somthing I found in the spoiler section in the Konoha Telegrams.
Spoiler: 321 spoiler read at your own risk
I read a spoiler that said Kakashi is going to teach Naruto Hiraishin. I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is then things could get pretty interesting.
If you don't believe me then check out the Konoha Telegrams for yourself.
spoiler unlikely, elemental different form space time, I think.

It's obvious Naruto and Sasuke will fight again but if they do it won't be a to the death kind of thing, proly after that they will team up and take down the AL or something

Cynycyl said:
Finesse != weak. It means how he applied it. If he swipes the Rasengan ball across the forehead protector to leave a scratch only, that's all thats going to happen. If Naruto was trying to plant a rasengan in Sasuke's face Sasuke would be dead - Sasuke had no way to deflect or shield himself from it's power, ergo, the fact it didn't kill Sasuke = Naruto's intent was to not kill him.
Look at the manga. It does in fact look like Naruto is trying to press a Rasengan into Sasuke's face.

My theory is that when it hit the Dark Chidori it weakened the whirl making it not deadly. It obviously did somthing though because Sasuke spat up blood afterwards.

Naruto actually won in terms of what happened after the clash because he manage to scratch him on his head while nothing happened to naruto's body he collapse from being tired from using the 9 tails chakra. imo anyways

usermighty said:
Naruto actually won in terms of what happened after the clash because he manage to scratch him on his head while nothing happened to naruto's body he collapse from being tired from using the 9 tails chakra. imo anyways
:notrust

RTFM

Sasuke himself said that he spared Naruto.

If you think about, the fact that Naruto has a nearly endless amount of chakra within him and can heal his wounds (as well as go into a freakishly unstoppable rage mode) kind of lets you know who would win the battle between the two.

It's just like Naruto's fight with Kiba. Despite EVERYTHING that Kiba did to Naruto, he still lost with a few attacks and an axe kick to the face, whereas Kiba did a lot of things to Naruto and he never collapsed, though that's probably also due to his will, not to say that Kiba doesn't have a strong will, as well.

Sasuke3759 said:
:notrust

RTFM

Sasuke himself said that he spared Naruto.
noob well after naruto colapse from being tired sauske was still up so he could have kill him at that point i was talking about naruto being the winner of the clash he damaged sauske headband while sauske didnt do anything to him it was the stress from the nine tails.

Back
Top Bottom