• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Informative Naruto & Boruto Sales Figures

Thiago20019

Central problem with Boruto is that Naruto wasn't planned to have a sequel.
They never really worked out a possible sequel, but one of Naruto's themes was about generations, it's not like the generational conflict ended with Naruto's generation.

It's also not like the Otsutsuki‎ brothers' reincarnation cycle is over.

Boruto's problem isn't that it's a sequel, it's the poor staffing.

Corvida

Anda de dia la noche es mia
The delusional Bort stans mindset

Boruto dropping 90% is a blessing.
Boruto getting kicked out of WSJ is a blessing.
Boruto getting no standalone games is a blessing.
Boruto getting no movies is a blessing.
Boruto novels getting cancelled is a blessing.

Boruto getting cancelled is a blessing

Black Mask

Well...
They never really worked out a possible sequel, but one of Naruto's themes was about generations, it's not like the generational conflict ended with Naruto's generation.

It's also not like the Otsutsuki‎ brothers' reincarnation cycle is over.

Boruto's problem isn't that it's a sequel, it's the poor staffing.
Except that Naruto's messianic role was to end said generational conflict which the author lazily pinned on aliens messing humanity's peace attempts.

The plot of Boruto is basically aliens further screwing humanity while magitek gives literal whos power to face Shinobi well beyond their natural abilities.

None of the new antagonists have a connection with the cast except for Kawaki whereas in OG Naruto all the enemies faced had a meaningful background which often interwined with one another.

Besides the occasional lore dump the entire sequel lacks substance.

This is why I reiterate that Naruto redeeming Sasuke ruined any potential interesting sequel?

Thiago20019

Except that Naruto's messianic role was to end said generational conflict which the author lazily pinned on aliens messing humanity's peace attempts.
Naruto's messianic role was to bring peace to the Ninja World, this is something very vague, doesn't the simple fact that Boruto's alien conflict already proves that Naruto failed? The only way to interpret this is that peace for the Ninja World = No more wars between villages.

Also generational conflicts need not be big things that put the ninja world at risk. Where are the people who hate the Uchihas for everything Obito and Madara did? Doesn't anyone in Amegakure blame Naruto for killing their god? Where is the period of instability that comes after every war and lasts for generations?

Naruto left a lot that could be worked into a sequel, Boruto choose to ignore and follow the Alien plot.

Black Mask

Well...
Naruto's messianic role was to bring peace to the Ninja World, this is something very vague, doesn't the simple fact that Boruto's alien conflict already proves that Naruto failed? The only way to interpret this is that peace for the Ninja World = No more wars between villages.

Also generational conflicts need not be big things that put the ninja world at risk. Where are the people who hate the Uchihas for everything Obito and Madara did? Doesn't anyone in Amegakure blame Naruto for killing their god? Where is the period of instability that comes after every war and lasts for generations?

Naruto left a lot that could be worked into a sequel, Boruto choose to ignore and follow the Alien plot.
True, but it's mostly because Naruto and Sasuke as allies became conflict killers that most people against them need to remain in secret.

If super cyborgs were the product of people wronged by Naruto and Sasuke trying to get revenge it could have made for a mildly interesting story but they are just tossed in as alien simps.

A sequel focused on a conflict between Sasuke and the rest of the world would have been far more interesting because people would unite and develop new tactics and technology to face the might of the Rinnegan and the Nine Bijuu.

KennethLT

What I meant by that is that the Boruto anime has more consistant animation and direction thanks to this, unlike Shippuden.
Ahh ok. I do somewhat agree with that, but the anime was definitely being held back by the manga most of the time. If they didn’t have to stall for more manga content, it would’ve been way better.

Bashkuga

What I meant by that is that the Boruto anime has more consistant animation and direction thanks to this, unlike Shippuden.
But it's mostly mediocre at best so what's the point anyway. Even with the animators of 2021 Boruto generally looks worse than Shippuden or even Part 1 for the most part.

But it's mostly mediocre at best so what's the point anyway. Even with the animators of 2021 Boruto generally looks worse than Shippuden or even Part 1 for the most part.

You must find The Last and the Boruto movie garbage then.

The design and animation fluctates so much in Shippuden, watching some episodes here and there you might think it's a different show.

I mean The Pain Arc and early Shippuden suffers most from this. Shippuden's quality is at its peak where there are no movies being made, it works the same with Boruto, it's not rocket science.

Bashkuga

The design and animation fluctates so much in Shippuden, watching some episodes here and there you might think it's a different show.
The Last was beautiful, Boruto Movie was.. not great looking. Not the argument though.

Generally the fillers look worse than the canon episodes (emphasis on generally), but even then the difference in quality is not my issue. The problem is that the overall art-style combined with the choice of colours and camera angles is what makes Boruto kind of boring to look at. The art is consistent in quality, I agree with you there, but it matters little if said quality is low to begin with. I have said this before but it's very obvious that with all the baby colours they are trying to cater the show to little kids, who generally don't care for these lower standards.

The Last was beautiful, Boruto Movie was.. not great looking. Not the argument though.

Generally the fillers look worse than the canon episodes (emphasis on generally), but even then the difference in quality is not my issue. The problem is that the overall art-style combined with the choice of colours and camera angles is what makes Boruto kind of boring to look at. The art is consistent in quality, I agree with you there, but it matters little if said quality is low to begin with. I have said this before but it's very obvious that with all the baby colours they are trying to cater the show to little kids, who generally don't care for these lower standards.

I like the art in the Boruto movie, you can even find some traces of this in the last stages of Shippuden.

Quite a subjective topic.

Bashkuga

I like the art in the Boruto movie, you can even find some traces of this in the last stages of Shippuden.

Quite a subjective topic.
I mean the Boruto movie is not bad looking, but it's not something to write home about either. I think they did a much better job with The Last.

It's not that subjective actually. Especially in this franchise one can tell when the developers really put effort in their art or just rushed/slacked on it. I can safely say that the worst offender were a couple of episodes in Part 1 (the Kiba vs Naruto climax episode for example). However these are only a handful of extreme examples, whereas Boruto is consistently lacking in quality if you compare it to the previous series, outside of some key moments like the Sakuga fights and the Kawaki backstory episode.

laracr

Sorry for ask, but what was Kodachi scandal about? does Rei, OD or any other leaker made any clarification? This japanese fan point out NARUTO_kousiki tweets seems too ambiguous about Kishimoto and Boruto script. The covers of the recent chapters only deleted Kodachi name, Kishimoto is not credited as script writer in Kodachi place.

Animeblue

TrueBlue
NARUTO take this category, NARUTO Shippuden and BORUTO worse looks more better than NARUTO worse.

I mean the Boruto movie is not bad looking, but it's not something to write home about either. I think they did a much better job with The Last.

It's not that subjective actually. Especially in this franchise one can tell when the developers really put effort in their art or just rushed/slacked on it. I can safely say that the worst offender were a couple of episodes in Part 1 (the Kiba vs Naruto climax episode for example). However these are only a handful of extreme examples, whereas Boruto is consistently lacking in quality if you compare it to the previous series, outside of some key moments like the Sakuga fights and the Kawaki backstory episode.

You really thinks BORUTO is lower quality guess you haven't watch the first NARUTO Shippuden, Bonds, Lost Tower and Road to Ninja. Amway context matters here. To say what you said without giving the context and circumstances seem you try to create an narrative that relies on an weak foundation

Bashkuga

NARUTO take this category, NARUTO Shippuden and BORUTO worse looks more better than NARUTO worse.
That's... what I have been saying two messages later. Doesn't change the fact that those are extreme cases unlike in Boruto where the quality is lesser on a consistent scale.

You really thinks BORUTO is lower quality guess you haven't watch the first NARUTO Shippuden, Bonds, Lost Tower and Road to Ninja. Amway context matters here. To say what you said without giving the context and circumstances seem you try to create an narrative that relies on an weak foundation
I have pretty much seen every movie multiple times (except for Road to Ninja which I thought was bad) and the series themselves about 20 times or so. I know what I'm talking about. In any case if you're referring to my opinion on the movies I solely compared The Last and Boruto Movie, I never said the other movies looked better. The main message I'm giving is about the anime series.

Animeblue

TrueBlue
my last statement was about both movie and tv series. Anyway does not seem right to compare the tv series production when BORUTO in the consistent state of movie time and NARUTO and NARUTO Shippuden were not

Bashkuga

my last statement was about both movie and tv series. Anyway does not seem right to compare the tv series production when BORUTO in the consistent state of movie time and NARUTO and NARUTO Shippuden were not
I think you're misunderstanding my comment; the first comparison I made between The Last and Boruto Movie was an answer to Yagami's statement:

But in my main message I was comparing the quality of the Boruto anime with the Naruto and Shippuden anime. The movies have nothing to do with that as I never intended to compare the movie to the anime series. I hope that clears up the confusion ;)

Animeblue

TrueBlue
get what you meant. Personally i was not going to say nothing but your comment about the production gave off the impression NARUTO, NARUTO Shippuden and BORUTO was being produce under the same circumstance which they are not

Thiago20019

Sorry for ask, but what was Kodachi scandal about? does Rei, OD or any other leaker made any clarification? This japanese fan point out NARUTO_kousiki tweets seems too ambiguous about Kishimoto and Boruto script. The covers of the recent chapters only deleted Kodachi name, Kishimoto is not credited as script writer in Kodachi place.
This is a fanfic, he had problems with Fate's fans, but it was never said anywhere that this was the reason they took him out.

Here's the context:

Raniero

『 』
Kishimoto has literally nothing to do with Boruto NNG as a series, so no.

I have no idea what makes Kishi fall on the same level as him.
Because he allowed it to exist, nimrods.
It has everything to do with him. He handed the series over to other people, he chose the people who would draw and write the manga, failed at starting another series because he never learned for the mistakes he made when writing Naruto (thinking he could coast along on name alone instead of actual quality), and then crawls back to the series he willingly allowed to become what it is now because he had nothing better to do. He's a giant hack.

Edit: It actually amazes me that people still defend Kishimoto. This man doesn't have any integrity as an author or creator. Naruto doesn't mean anything to him anymore other than a way to make an easy buck. Even his embarrassment Samurai 8 was just bland Naruto 2.0 with a different skin because he thought it would be an easy sell and he couldn't even be bothered with drawing it himself.

Last edited:

Foxfoxal

Because he allowed it to exist, nimrods.
It has everything to do with him. He handed the series over to other people, he chose the people who would draw and write the manga, failed at starting another series because he never learned for the mistakes he made when writing Naruto (thinking he could coast along on name alone instead of actual quality), and then crawls back to the series he willingly allowed to become what it is now because he had nothing better to do. He's a giant hack.

Edit: It actually amazes me that people still defend Kishimoto. This man doesn't have any integrity as an author or creator. Naruto doesn't mean anything to him anymore other than a way to make an easy buck. Even his embarrassment Samurai 8 was just bland Naruto 2.0 with a different skin because he thought it would be an easy sell and he couldn't even be bothered with drawing it himself.
Damn Kishi really hurted you...

Boruto failed by a huge amount of things, not just by existing... Pierrot, Sueshia, Kodachi, Ikemoto, being monthly with a long running anime, etc... Let alone blinded by the move success.

I never cared about S8 but if he wanted an easy sell he would have continued Boruto by himself when even the trash Gaiden was selling 1 millions copies under his belt.

And not wanting to draw himself is a dumb complaint when we know how trash is the working conditions for weekly mangakas... Especially when he was drawing Naruto for more than a decade and barely taking breaks and giving us almost always full chapters, not like mangakas these days that give 13-14 pages chapters, taking hiatus or having health problems.

Raniero

『 』
Damn Kishi really hurted you...
*hurt
And how did he hurt me? I wasn't upset about the way Naruto ended and I never expected Samurai 8 to be anything special. I'm just acknowledging a hack when I see one :catshrug
Boruto failed by a huge amount of things, not just by existing... Pierrot, Sueshia, Kodachi, Ikemoto, being monthly with a long running anime, etc... Let alone blinded by the move success.
Yeah and it all comes back to him approving Boruto and giving others free reign. But go ahead and act like him, as the creator and one with the ultimate authority, had nothing to do with it. Just like George Lucas has nothing to do with selling off Star Wars and it resulting in the last trilogy.
I never cared about S8 but if he wanted an easy sell he would have continued Boruto by himself when even the trash Gaiden was selling 1 millions copies under his belt.
Please, that's not mutually exclusive. He wanted to move on from Naruto, which is all fine and good. Doesn't change the fact they he expected his next series to be an easy sell too, going by not only the writing, but his interviews about the series. He thought he could get away with lazy worldbuilding, pacing issues, and bad writing because it had his name stamped on it.
And not wanting to draw himself is a dumb complaint when we know how trash is the working conditions for weekly mangakas... Especially when he was drawing Naruto for more than a decade and barely taking breaks and giving us almost always full chapters, not like mangakas these days that give 13-14 pages chapters, taking hiatus or having health problems.
Yeah, not my point. People follow mangaka in large part for their art. Most of the people in this thread didn't follow Samurai 8 just because he wasn't drawing :lmao I'm not saying Kishimoto should slave away like he did before. But Kishimoto has a solid enough position in the industry at this point to choose a much lesser work load for himself. And at least pick an artist that isn't trash and just trying to emulate his art style, because at that point, you may as well draw some of it yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom