Tiers MF Sengoku vs MF Whitebeard

O

oiety

Whitebeard. In Sengoku's mind even, Whitebeard is the stronger.

Mihawk

"I don't bother to remember the face of every insect I crush..."
If you think Whitebeard was the WSM at the start of MF and Sengoku was weaker than the C3, a significant gap exists between them that warranted the latter almost shitting his pants every time WB let off a quake.

If you think that WB had declined significantly to the point where he was on the same level as the Admirals while Sengoku is no weaker than any of them, this fight obviously goes the distance.

I'm more of the mind that Sengoku was only marginally weaker than the C3 by the time of the War, while Whitebeard wasn't on an entirely different level from them either.

I'd say that Sengoku has the reputation, rank, and portrayal that's strong enough for the readers to believe that he'd give any version of an older Whitebeard a run for his money. The fact that he was often portrayed as nigh equal to Garp and had the strength to restrain and hold him down helps his case too. Where Sengoku's portrayal hurts compared to WB, was the fact that he had very little to do in the War. The fact that he announced he was going to enter the battlefield only to go on the rest of the War without ever fighting WB himself, was very disappointing. He also didn't have a moment like knocking Marco out of the sky so yeah...

Given their respective hype and reputation, as well their former history as nemesis as Marines/Pirates; I'll say that Whitebeard wins regardless of his declining health in the course of a battle since this is 1v1. This WB doesn't have to go through legions of fodder and suffer different attacks from Admirals while making his way through the plaza.

Whitebeard wins, high difficulty.

Inferno Jewls

If you think Whitebeard was the WSM at the start of MF and Sengoku was weaker than the C3, a significant gap exists between them that warranted the latter almost shitting his pants every time WB let off a quake.

If you think that WB had declined significantly to the point where he was on the same level as the Admirals while Sengoku is no weaker than any of them, this fight obviously goes the distance.

I'm more of the mind that Sengoku was only marginally weaker than the C3 by the time of the War, while Whitebeard wasn't on an entirely different level from them either.

I'd say that Sengoku has the reputation, rank, and portrayal that's strong enough for the readers to believe that he'd give any version of an older Whitebeard a run for his money. The fact that he was often portrayed as nigh equal to Garp and had the strength to restrain and hold him down helps his case too. Where Sengoku's portrayal hurts compared to WB, was the fact that he had very little to do in the War. The fact that he announced he was going to enter the battlefield only to go on the rest of the War without ever fighting WB himself, was very disappointing. He also didn't have a moment like knocking Marco out of the sky so yeah...

Given their respective hype and reputation, as well their former history as nemesis as Marines/Pirates; I'll say that Whitebeard wins regardless of his declining health in the course of a battle since this is 1v1. This WB doesn't have to go through legions of fodder and suffer different attacks from Admirals while making his way through the plaza.

Whitebeard wins, high difficulty.
Let's say if WB hadn't been stabbed by squard nor has he been pierced through by any fodders.
That confrontation between WB and Sakazuki; If WB hadn't been stabbed previously, do you think WB would've still had that heart attack?

Mihawk

Let's say if WB hadn't been stabbed by squard nor has he been pierced through by any fodders.
That confrontation between WB and Sakazuki; If WB hadn't been stabbed previously, do you think WB would've still had that heart attack?

It's possible he might have.

I've always maintained though that I think the stab did serve as a catalyst of sorts. Yeah Squardo was fodder or whatever, but he literally stabbed him right in the heart lol. Whitebeard is still human at the end of the day. His body may be superhuman, but his vitals are the same, and he doesn't possess the monstrous durability or features of a Big Mom or Kaido. He even says he's just "one man with one heart", literally. So yeah, I think getting stabbed in the heart does go a long way to potentially triggering said heart attacks. If Sengoku and Akainu didn't think it was necessary to implement such a strategy/tactic, why would they bother? If it wasn't considered significant enough, why would the entire battlefield literally stop while Oda gives us panels of every single person's reactions?

Of course one can argue that his decline is evident from Marco's comment and the fact that he should've easily been able to see the attack coming. However, WB doesn't possess FS or anything...he did knock Ace's ass out in his sleep during his assassination attempt, but it's possible he simply didn't expect such a betrayal from Squardo. I don't know...

But speaking purely about the heart attacks he suffered against Sakazuki and his subsequent decline, I do think they piled on.

Inferno Jewls

It's possible he might have.

I've always maintained though that I think the stab did serve as a catalyst of sorts. Yeah Squardo was fodder or whatever, but he literally stabbed him right in the heart lol. Whitebeard is still human at the end of the day. His body may be superhuman, but his vitals are the same, and he doesn't possess the monstrous durability or features of a Big Mom or Kaido. He even says he's just "one man with one heart", literally. So yeah, I think getting stabbed in the heart does go a long way to potentially triggering said heart attacks. If Sengoku and Akainu didn't think it was necessary to implement such a strategy/tactic, why would they bother? If it wasn't considered significant enough, why would the entire battlefield literally stop while Oda gives us panels of every single person's reactions?

Of course one can argue that his decline is evident from Marco's comment and the fact that he should've easily been able to see the attack coming. However, WB doesn't possess FS or anything...he did knock Ace's ass out in his sleep during his assassination attempt, but it's possible he simply didn't expect such a betrayal from Squardo. I don't know...

But speaking purely about the heart attacks he suffered against Sakazuki and his subsequent decline, I do think they piled on.
Since we're using Marineford WB the possibility of him getting interrupted with a Heart Attack isn't impossible.

If MF WB does not get a heart attack mid-battle vs Sengoku, I'd favor WB high diff against Sengoku
-
However, if MF WB does get a heart attack Sengoku would surely take that advantage and I'll favor Sengoku over MF WB since here there won't be any plot armor to save WB like when Sakazuki could've finished him off right there.

Mihawk

Since we're using Marineford WB the possibility of him getting interrupted with a Heart Attack isn't impossible.

If MF WB does not get a heart attack mid-battle vs Sengoku, I'd favor WB high diff against Sengoku
-
However, if MF WB does get a heart attack Sengoku would surely take that advantage and I'll favor Sengoku over MF WB since here there won't be any plot armor to save WB like when Sakazuki could've finished him off right there.
Well yeah I have WB winning high diff.

I'm not sure plot armour saved WB against Sakazuki though. Arguments can really go both ways and we can talk about it all day. Akainu got quaked from behind; Whitebeard was bloodlusted but was far from healthy; Akainu attacked him mid heart attack; Akainu lost but still recovered while WB died later. Lots to consider.

In this thread however, I think WB wins high-diff since we're assuming both sides are healthy and there are no conditions impacted by the plot.

Inferno Jewls

Well yeah I have WB winning high diff.

I'm not sure plot armour saved WB against Sakazuki though. Arguments can really go both ways and we can talk about it all day. Akainu got quaked from behind; Whitebeard was bloodlusted but was far from healthy; Akainu attacked him mid heart attack; Akainu lost but still recovered while WB died later. Lots to consider.

In this thread however, I think WB wins high-diff since we're assuming both sides are healthy and there are no conditions impacted by the plot.
By plot I meant that when WB had gotten hit the heart attack and Sakazuki had walked up and put a hole through him, if he would've continued his assault then WB would've been scorched to death.

VileNotice

Age doesn’t hinder your strength in One Piece and especially not one’s Devil Fruit plus he was still in good health unlike WB
And yet he still had the worst feats in MF out of all the old guys, didn’t he? and Oda didn’t even care to picture him there along the others.

Age does hinder, Garp has literally said this. Also makes sense for Sengoku to be rustier than Garp, as FA he’s probably been stuck doing paperwork for years. He was healthier than WB but he would’ve gotten slapped by him in their primes too

Germa 66

And yet he still had the worst feats in MF out of all the old guys, didn’t he? and Oda didn’t even care to picture him there along the others.

Age does hinder, Garp has literally said this. Also makes sense for Sengoku to be rustier than Garp, as FA he’s probably been stuck doing paperwork for years. He was healthier than WB but he would’ve gotten slapped by him in their primes too
Nope he decimated Blackbeard and his crew in one strike then proceeded to match the full power of the Gura Gura.

It does not as per the SBS I just showed and whats presented in the manga. No Devil Fruit power gets weaker, fact. Garp is rusty in martial arts application of skill not his strength. Can the headcanon.

VileNotice

Nope he decimated Blackbeard and his crew in one strike then proceeded to match the full power of the Gura Gura.
Panel where they got decimated? Last I knew they got blown back a bit, Teach laughed, and they all got out of MF in one piece.
It does not as per the SBS I just showed and whats presented in the manga. No Devil Fruit power gets weaker, fact. Garp is rusty in martial arts application of skill not his strength. Can the headcanon.
Old people being strong =/= old people being as strong as their primes. DF power is most resistant to being affected by age but WB’s DF power > Sengoku’s regardless. Sengoku’s haki can’t be too good if preskip Luffy could block him either
:smilepepe

VileNotice

Still as powerful. Sengoku matched the island busting power of the Gura Gura easily.

Teach is laughing, Sengoku is not, and WB’s use of the fruit is better. Why didn’t Sengoku block any of WB’s quakes like this when he was sinking his base?

You know it’s true. Even Kizaru’s plot-nerfed kick set Luffy back. Sengoku did jack

Germa 66

Teach is laughing, Sengoku is not, and WB’s use of the fruit is better. Why didn’t Sengoku block any of WB’s quakes like this when he was sinking his base?

You know it’s true. Even Kizaru’s plot-nerfed kick set Luffy back. Sengoku did jack
Still the same untamed raw power of seismic energy strong enough to sink islands regardless of the skill being showcased by the user in handling it. Sengoku can’t stop a quake punch unless it’s directly targeted at him, his Buddha powers can’t do anything to to after effects of a quake just the focal point of the attack A.K.A the fists covered in energy

Sengoku was plot nerfed to not use haki against Luffy than

BladeofTheMorning

WB. BB was able to match Sengoku with a quake punch and he was inexperienced with the fruit.

Also what are Sengoku’s feats? Couldn’t knock out Luffy at all and his shockwaves didn’t knock out an of the BB pirates.

Top Bottom