• CC
    PotW is back with a special edition Happy Holidays!
    ~Deadline to enter is Monday, December the 19th at 9 PM UTC.

Klub Outside - Kubo Answers Translations

Quipchaque

Fan of the honored ones 🙌🏻
Is the living world Earth or our universe?

The living world is a reference to earth or the universe depending on the context. When they say "if this happens soul so, hueco and living wo are doomed" It's meant to bring across the message that everything will be destroyed. It's literally just "don't ask how just think it's as horrible as you can imagine" From Kubo's perspective. We are not meant to believe there is an escape basically. But if they say "go to the world of the living quick!" They usually just go to the earth and talk about protecting the humans so it's meant to imply the earth.

Arc7Kuroi

The living world is a reference to earth or the universe depending on the context. When they say "if this happens soul so, hueco and living wo are doomed" It's meant to bring across the message that everything will be destroyed. It's literally just "don't ask how just think it's as horrible as you can imagine" From Kubo's perspective. We are not meant to believe there is an escape basically. But if they say "go to the world of the living quick!" They usually just go to the earth and talk about protecting the humans so it's meant to imply the earth.
I can't say I'd be surprised if Kubo's answer was "it functions as either".

Lord Stark

Master of Dripmark
@MShadows may have already been asked but:
- Which of the Squad 0 were members of the Gotei 13?
- Which of the Squad 0 are older than Genryusai?
- What are the names and squads of the original Gotei 13?

...he's never gonna answer :catcry

Jugo13

@MShadows, can you ask these:
-Why didn't Haschwalth recognize Yamamoto's bankai when he was a Sternritter 1,000 years ago? Did he and other present Sternritter participate in that war?
- Ryuken and Isshin had used a decades-old sun key that Soken Ishida had kept after his banishment. It was said by Uryu that members of the Sternritter are given a key, so does this mean Soken Ishida was a Sternritter?

Kepler

Thanks for your efforts in translating some of the Q&As from Klub Outside, too bad that some good questions (imo) that were answered by Kubo did not make it here, like why does Rukia always wear dresses when she's in the world of the living, what's the reason behind Orihime's hairpins getting bigger in the last arc, does characters popularity polls results have an effect on their screen time in the manga, or the ones about Orihime's relationship with food, how Ichigo and Ikumi met, what was the thing that Orihime and Chad used to kick Grimmjow from Urahara's tent in ch.518, the sizes of Rukia's chest, waist and butt, the ABCookies shop owner, the difference in characters relationships between the original Manga and the old anime adaptation, his favorite character to play with in BBS, Renji wanted something so bad from Urahara when he visited him in the Arrancar arc to the point that it made him accept being in charge of cleaning the Urahara store, what was it....
Nevertheless, thanks for sharing some of them.

Captain Quincy

Death Blade

Heaven or Hell

Just to confirm once and for all, but does Gin NEED to get close and touch the opponent with his hand to trigger the poison of Kamishini no Yari with the "Kill" command?

Kepler

These ones sound interesting :mikebatman
I'll share some of the ones that didn't make it here, keep in mind that they were translated from Japanese to another language and from that other language to English by me, so hopefully I'll do his answers justice.

Q: I've heard that Kubo sensei plays Bleach Brave Souls, so who's your favorite character? Also, do you have any favorite BBS original character?

Kubo: The character I've used the most is Masaki because she's the best in Autoing, so it depends if I'm good or not at the game.
As for the original BBS characters, I pull almost every swimsuit character and every character that has big boobs.

Q: In every arc, there's a scene where Orihime is eating food, in the first arc, her eating the loaf of bread, in the Fullbringer arc, the donuts scene, in the last one, the leftover bread, and even when she was captive in the HM world, she had food to eat, I really like the donuts eating scene from the Fullbringer arc.

Kubo: I've noticed that for the first time when I was told about it.
Yes, Orihime eats a lot, when I draw food scenes, I think I was addicted to Orihime's character in the story, so when it came time when I wanted a cute, easy atmosphere on the screen, I would draw Orihime. I also feel like I don't want to draw the scenes of men eating bowls of rice.

Q: To what extent does the results of the character's popularity votes affect their screen time in the story?

Kubo: Popularity has nothing to do with characters screen time in my story, also, I think these kinds of polls are disrespectful to the characters that get few votes.

Q: Why did Orihime's hairpins grew larger when she and Chad came back from their training in HM?
I was worried, because no one mentioned the reason behind it.

Kubo: It was because Kisuke redesigned it to fit her new outfit, also, he put a cap on the outside of the pins to make them more durable and really hard to break.

Q: Have you ever thought that the relationships between characters are different between the original Manga and the anime adaptation?

Kubo: I've watched up until the Soul Society arc while thinking "if they changed it this way, things won't make sense in the story of the last arc", I didn't understand the characters much in the anime adaptation, for this reason, I've started examining the scripts for the anime episodes from the beginning of the Arrancar arc.

Q: Regarding Gin's eyes color, I believe it was changed to from blue to red in the early anime adaptation, then they switched it back to blue in the latter half.
What do you think of the red eyes from the beginning of the anime? Also for the change made by Kubo-sensei, is it okay to assume that Gin's eyes are blue?

Kubo: In the beginning they didn't check with me Gin's eyes color, so it changed to red. A reminder that I'm partly to blame for some of the anime related inaccuracies because I didn't attend the studio at that time.
For this reason, I drew Gin's eyes open on the cover of the Volume 20.

Last edited:

Cirsium

I'll share some of the ones that didn't make it here, keep in mind that they were translated from Japanese to another language and from that other language to English by me, so hopefully I'll do his answers justice.

Q: I've heard that Kubo sensei plays Bleach Brave Souls, so who's your favorite character? Also, do you have any favorite BBS original character?

Kubo: The character I've used the most is Masaki because she's the best in Autoing, so it depends if I'm good or not at the game.
As for the original BBS characters, I pull almost every swimsuit character and every character that has big boobs.
How can someone hate Kubo when he's so based?

Sablés

Well...

Q: In every arc, there's a scene where Orihime is eating food, in the first arc, her eating the loaf of bread, in the Fullbringer arc, the donuts scene, in the last one, the leftover bread, and even when she was captive in the HM world, she had food to eat, I really like the donuts eating scene from the Fullbringer arc.

Kubo: I've noticed that for the first time when I was told about it.
Yes, Orihime eats a lot, when I draw food scenes, I think I was addicted to Orihime's character in the story, so when it came time when I wanted a cute, easy atmosphere on the screen, I would draw Orihime. I also feel like I don't want to draw the scenes of men eating bowls of rice.

Q: To what extent does the results of the character's popularity votes affect their screen time in the story?

Kubo: Popularity has nothing to do with characters screen time in my story, also, I think these kinds of polls are disrespectful to the characters that get few votes.

Q: Why did Orihime's hairpins grew larger when she and Chad came back from their training in HM?
I was worried, because no one mentioned the reason behind it.

Kubo: It was because Kisuke redesigned it to fit her new outfit, also, he put a cap on the outside of the pins to make them more durable and really hard to break.

Q: Have you ever thought that the relationships between characters are different between the original Manga and the anime adaptation?

Kubo: I've watched the Soul Society arc while thinking "if they changed it this way, things won't make sense in the story of the last arc", I didn't understand the characters much in the anime adaptation, for this reason, I've started examining the scripts for the anime episodes from the beginning of the Arrancar arc.

Q: Regarding Gin's eyes color, I believe it was changed to from blue to red in the early anime adaptation, then they switched it back to blue in the latter half.
What do you think of the red eyes from the beginning of the anime? Also for the change made by Kubo-sensei, is it okay to assume that Gin's eyes are blue?

Kubo: In the beginning they didn't check with me Gin's eyes color, so it changed to red. A reminder that I'm partly to blame for some of the anime related inaccuracies because I didn't attend the studio at that time.
For this reason, I drew Gin's eyes open on the cover of the Volume 20.
The anime was proof checked to be consistent with the manga. @Commander Shunsui @N

Last edited:

Lord Stark

Master of Dripmark
Nah, just in general. They fucked up Gin's eye color (serves no plot purpose) so Kubo had them corrected later to blue.
Also gives more credence to the Halibel filler, but I think that one was already confirmed to be Kubo.
Eh but for example Po was scaled up in the manga to evenly fight KTM. I don’t think his canon height is the anime one. A lot of the anime extensions were just for pacing.

Why do you think I tagged @Commander Shunsui :maybe

Filler Byakuya now canon? :maybe

Top Bottom