Klub Outside - Kubo Answers Translations

Keishin

Bleach is an ambitious project that is going to do things that other series haven't to such a degree, which is better as it makes anime watching a bit more fresh in general. In scenarios like these, normally you should be careful about what you wish for as the animation studios in general are just absolutely terrible writers of anime only content, but Kubo's heavy involvement into all aspects of the production mean it's going to actually feel authentic, no matter how controversial or noncontroversial it'd be.

Muzukashii Hon

I can't believe people are seriously comparing this to how DBS was being produced...

The DBS anime was being pushed out on a weekly basis by different writers each episode and was being made faster than the manga itself. Toriyama was only giving the bare minimum input on character designs and such, but wasn't fully involved with it. Hell, even the manga itself was a joint effort by Toyo and Toriyama, and because of how the anime came out before a lot of the manga did, a lot of it is abridged (just look at how quickly the ToP went by in the manga).

The Bleach anime has been in a multi-year pre-production with Kubo supervising it the whole way from start to finish, and has the manga to use as a solid, strong skeleton for how the story will be structured. That way new content can be added that is derived from what was in the manga, to how Kubo is envisioning it.
You got some things wrong, the DBS manga came first but since it was monthly the anime overtook it during the middle of the U6 arc.

The Top arc is like this because Toyotaro sucks at pacing, the anime was over by that point, he made the decision to make it this short.

Magnum Miracles

Waifu Simp
I can't believe people are seriously comparing this to how DBS was being produced...

The DBS anime was being pushed out on a weekly basis by different writers each episode and was being made faster than the manga itself. Toriyama was only giving the bare minimum input on character designs and such, but wasn't fully involved with it. Hell, even the manga itself was a joint effort by Toyo and Toriyama, and because of how the anime came out before a lot of the manga did, a lot of it is abridged (just look at how quickly the ToP went by in the manga).

The Bleach anime has been in a multi-year pre-production with Kubo supervising it the whole way from start to finish, and has the manga to use as a solid, strong skeleton for how the story will be structured. That way new content can be added that is derived from what was in the manga, to how Kubo is envisioning it.
I hated the final arc and felt it was missing a lot in the manga with its rushed pacing, but after finding this out I hope that the anime will be animating the stuff that fills in gaps(I hear the light novels make it a nigh perfect arc).

I just hope this airs in seasonal cours instead of being a marathon like One Piece or Naruto. That way animation quality does not take a hit.

Breadman

#1 Kale Fan
I hated the final arc and felt it was missing a lot in the manga with its rushed pacing, but after finding this out I hope that the anime will be animating the stuff that fills in gaps(I hear the light novels make it a nigh perfect arc).

I just hope this airs in seasonal cours instead of being a marathon like One Piece or Naruto. That way animation quality does not take a hit.

The Can't Fear Your Own World light novels are honestly really great and a recommended reading experience if you've read the final arc of the Bleach manga. Characters that didn't get much spotlight in TYBW show up and have some cool moments, and there's a lot of good lore exposition which helps explain more about the soul king. Highly recommend.

As of now, we can only guess that the anime will cover what was in the manga with supplementary fight scenes and such. We have no idea if the CFYOW novels will be adapted into the anime. Perhaps if the TYBW arc does well, they might animate the CFYOW novels then.

Basior

So are we done with new questions on this thread?

Just came across this and it's really interesting:

Last edited:

Keishin

So are done with new questions on this thread?

Just came across this and it's really interesting:
:birdsmoke Not a good sign for Iemura. In stories when characters act like that, give up their position, be unsurped, depressed, the next step for them is often to get killed off.

Heaven or Hell

Huh...Hozukimaru is slightly less shit than we thought.

I don't get how keeping info of the Vizards from Isshin helped keep Hollowfication under control, though.

Keishin

Ikkaku's healing is shit compared to Mayuri's.

Hollowfication of Vizards or Ichigo under control? Or just the general information on hollowfication?

T2K Baka

I think the hollowfication might be referring to Ichigo's specifically since Isshin fought White and he might recognize him and become more hostile? That's the only thing I can think of.

rharyx211

The medicine being an ability of Hozukimaru is interesting, but more-so because it's an ability in its base form. Not even in shikai.

Heaven or Hell

Questions:

Why does Aizen seem so fixated on screwing with Hitsugaya and Hinamori? It doesn't help his plans in any way whatsoever.

How are those Captain stats from the Databooks SUPPOSED to be interpreted?

Was Harribel really unaffected by Hyoten Hyakkaso? Could she have freed herself?

Keishin

Questions:

Why does Aizen seem so fixated on screwing with Hitsugaya and Hinamori? It doesn't help his plans in any way whatsoever.

How are those Captain stats from the Databooks SUPPOSED to be interpreted?

Was Harribel really unaffected by Hyoten Hyakkaso? Could she have freed herself?
Aizen screws with everyone that he can find a mental weakness in, not just Hitsugaya and Hinamori. Ichigo, Komamura, Tosen, Shinji for example. His power is Kyoka Suigetsu because he has a habit of controlling people.

Heaven or Hell

No. If she was unaffected, she would've broken out or never been frozen to begin with.

No. If she could've freed herself, she would've done so. Don't forget she wasn't just unending loyal to Aizen, she was now motivated by getting revenge for the Tres Bestias.
Thought so. I was trying to make sure. You know how it is with people who claimed otherwise.

Uraharа

Aardbei
I would like to hear from Kubo himself about Yhwach's changing design. At first I thought it was just his changing art, but now the anime is also using his "small buckbeard" design. I guess the theory about Yhwach getting older, as Quincy souls keep returning to him, is true.

KennethLT

damn, I missed the live reaction of people getting butthurt that the anime is now going to be the complete finished version of Kubo’s final arc story.

Top Bottom