Klub Outside - Kubo Answers Translations

MShadows

Deathbat
Changed my Klub Outside membership to Elite so now I can finally see the answers to the good stuff.

I will be checking out the Q&A section and try to translate as accurately as possible any juicy info that catches my eye.
Everything will be added to this thread as more updates come out.

Now, since @Mar55 made a thread earlier about Kubo's answer in regards to a Kenpachi question I'll start with that:

Spoiler:

Q5:
Is there any chance of you introducing yet to be revealed Zanpakuto or Bankai in any shape or form in the future?
A5:
If I can find a medium that is recognized by many readers and given an appropriate number of pages to work with then I would like to do that someday.

Spoiler:

Q19:
Is there anything you find particularly hard to draw in terms of character elements?
A19:
In terms of character elements, drawing big breasts is always difficult. Also, during the weeks I used to draw Szayelaporro's released state I was perpetually complaining about it while drawing.

Spoiler:

Q28:
Are the contents and lore of the "BLEACH WE DO knot ALWAYS LOVE YOU" and "BLEACH Can't Fear Your Own World" novels largely decided on by you?
A28:
I came up with and shared the contents and lore with the two writers, but left the portrayal to them. Whenever there was something they didn't understand along the way they would come to consult with me.

Spoiler:

Q47:
Back in the Arrancar Arc, Gantenbainne was healed by Captain Unohana but what became of him afterwards?
A47:
He is still alive. The "God" he was talking about is Baraggan, so right now he is gathering other Hollows that worship Baraggan and building a small country.

Spoiler:

Q50:
A question for you. Is choosing Nemu-chan's hair and clothing part of Mayuri's hobbies?
Or does Nemu-chan choose everything according to her tastes?

A50:
Rather than a hobby, Mayuri's changing them up to match his own style. Now whether it suits her or not is another matter.

Spoiler:

Q51:
Is there any Bleach character that you were surprised to see become popular?
A51:
I never would have imagined that Hisagi would become popular, but I'm glad he's gotten somewhat popular over the years.

Spoiler:

Q66:
Grown up Ichigo sure looks a lot like his dad Isshin. Did he also inherit his hairy chest genes? I'm curious.
A66:
I would like to believe in the power of Masaki's genes.

Spoiler:

Q69:
Back when Isshin was a Captain, Rangiku was the Vice-Captain while Hitsugaya was the 3rd Seat. Why did Rangiku not advance to the position of Captain?
A69:
That's because Hitsugaya was more suited for the position of Captain and also because he had already achieved Bankai. By the way, by the time Hitsugaya had joined the Gotei 13 he had already achieved Bankai.

Spoiler:

Q72:
In Bleach, the higher the number of a Kido spell is, the stronger the spell becomes. Does the "Blue Spark" spell from Burn the Witch work on similar mechanics?
A72:
It's different. The magic numbers in BtW have simple rules and they are assigned in accordance to them.

Spoiler:

Q73:
Between Rangiku, Orihime, Yoruichi, Harribel, Unohana, Isane, Nelliel and Noel, who has the largest chest size?
A73:
I think I probably draw Nelliel visualizing her as the most well endowed one.

Spoiler:

Q75:
In the final chapter we see that Chad has become a boxer that is aiming to become champion. Up until then Chad had sworn that he would never use his fists to fight for himself so what happened? Did something happen that made him change his mind, or is there someone special to him that he wishes to protect by pursuing the title of boxing champion?
A75:
Nothing changed. Chad simply considers boxing a "martial arts" sport and doesn't view it as something violent.

Spoiler:

Q90:
It was said during the Thousand Year Blood War arc that no resident of Rukongai beyond the 50th District had been found to wear sandals, yet as a kid Rangiku had quite a pretty pair of sandals. Did she receive them from Gin?
A90:
After they met each other Gin and Rangiku slowly made their way to the inner districts of Rukongai where it's safe. Gin's wooden sandals and Rangiku's leather-soled sandals which appear in the later half of the flashback where both picked up by them along the way.

Spoiler:

Q115:
Byakuya says that Ichigo is the second person to ever witness Senkei. Who was the first person to see it?
A115:
I cannot answer this here.

Spoiler:

Q117:
Back when Old Man Zangetsu tried to tell his name to Ichigo inside his spiritual world, it was covered in black ink and couldn't be seen. Was that the doing of Ichibei Hyosube?
A117:
That is correct.

Spoiler:

Q120:
Did Captain Hitsugaya and Rangiku notice that Ichigo was Isshin Shiba's son when they came to the living world?
A120:
Both of them noticed.

Spoiler:

Q133:
I believe Tousen can use Hollowfication and enter what would be his Resurrection. Can Ichigo and the other Vizards do this as well?
Is it possible that they could use both Bankai and Resurrection while Hollowfied?

A133:
It is possible.

Spoiler:

Q135:
Please tell us the secret behind "Ururu" and "Jinta". Just what are they?
A135:
Both of them are Modified Souls created by Kisuke.

Spoiler:

Q142:
I have a question about Izuru Kira's healing ability and his Gotei 13 affiliation history.
Initially, he was assigned to the 5th Division under Captain Aizen, where after discovering that he has an inclination for Kaido he got transferred to the 4th Division, after which I assume he was then moved to the 3rd Division under Gin Ichimaru?

A142:
When he was serving in the 4th Division it was Aizen who recommended Unohana that he transfer to the 3rd Division.

Spoiler:

Q144:
When Grimmjow was about to tear off Loly's leg in volume 32, what was she going to say after the "No, wait! It'll be our little secret!" line?
After getting told that I've got a bad personality I haven't talked much about it openly, but what happens before and after that scene is one of my favorite moments!

A144:
"I'll let you bang me!" is what she would have said. Judging by Loly's character, this is the kind of thing she would've said to save her skin. A friend of mine who is a popular mangaka also told me that they loved that scene so feel free to talk about it.

Spoiler:

Q149:
Why is the Shihakusho uniform worn by Shinigami black?
Is it so that the Monk can give them power in case of an emergency?

A149:
The color was decided upon during the days of the first Gotei generation, and the reason for it was so that "you didn't have to throw it away every time it got stained in blood". But the idea regarding the Monk is also nice.

Spoiler:

Q151:
I have a question regarding Yachiru Kusajishi. While she is Zaraki Kenpachi's Zanpakuto "Nozarashi", is her being called "Yachiru" the reason why she herself also possesses the Zanpakuto "Sanpo Kenju"?
Be it Hihio Zabimaru or Fuji Kujaku, there have been many scenes in which the Zanpakuto could not release their true power unless called by their true names. I am thinking that "Nozarashi" gained the essence of a Shinigami and took form due to being named after the real "Yachiru", name which also led to her obtaining the Sanpo Kenju sword which is specialized in the act of slashing.
I am really curious about the identity of Yachiru Kusajishi so it would be great if you could answer my question.

A151:
Oh, wow!
Despite there not even being a single passage written about Yachiru being Nozarashi, I'm amazed that you managed to find all that out!
As far as the content of your question are concerned, you are almost right.
In addition, Yachiru represents a form of Kenpachi's Bankai that was separated from its main body, and which gained the power of a Shinigami upon receiving a name from Kenpachi. The true embodiment of Nozarashi is that of a grown woman. Just imagine Zangetsu and Tensa Zangetsu, that should make it easier to understand.

Spoiler:

Q155:
Did Baraggan not state his rank and refer to himself as Espada out of antagonism towards Aizen?
A155:
Yes.

Spoiler:

Q158:
As Aizen said "No one ever stood atop the heavens before", he then looks at Ukitake and continues "Not you, or I, or the Gods". Was that "you" bit supposed to imply the relationship between Ukitake and the Soul King?
A158:
Yes.

Spoiler:

Q162:
In the Q&A section of 13BLADEs, you mentioned that a certain character's completed Bankai form had yet to be revealed. Were you talking about the grown up version of Hitsugaya? If so, when did you come up with the idea to age him up a bit?
A162:
Yes, I was talking about Hitsugaya. I came up with the idea when I first designed Hitsugaya, so by the time he debuted it was already decided upon.

Spoiler:

Q171:
Is there any difference between short Zanpakuto release commands and long ones such as those of Kyoraku and Ukitake's?
A171:
In general, older Zanpakuto tend to have longer release commands.

Spoiler:

Q175:
I love Chad!
About his tattoo, is there any story behind how he got it?

A175:
When Abuelo passed away he got it in order to strengthen his feelings.

Spoiler:

Q181:
Why does Tatsuki want to become stronger? She's got a strong name which she herself dislikes so I always imagined that her parents must own a dojo or be involved in the martial arts world or something like that. I'm also very curious to know about how Tatsuki viewed Orihime during their junior high days. Since both her and Ichigo used to be bullied because of their hair color and they also both experienced the loss of a family member, I was wondering whether Tatsuki had noticed these things that they had in common.
A181:
The Karate dojo that Ichigo used to frequent was actually part of Tatsuki's home.
Also, in a flashback which I had to take out due to the page number limitation, there was a scene in which Tatsuki likens Ichigo's experience to that of Orihime's. You sure pay attention!

Spoiler:

Q185:
I would like to know more about the relationship between Mask de Masculine and James. Going off of Yhwach's comment about James having died, would it be correct to assume that James is the real body whereas Masculine is just a fictitious form of his?
A185:
James is the real one while Masculine is the embodiment of his ideal hero.

Spoiler:

Q192:
How old is Ikumi, the owner of the eel shop?
A192:
She is 33 years old.

Spoiler:

Q193:
In the novels it is mentioned that Soul Society's history spans over one million years, but looking at the Four Noble House leaders such as Byakuya and Yoruichi, they are only the 28th and 22nd generations respectively. It doesn't seem like their roots would reach as far back as one million years so what is the catch here?
A193:
The history of the Nobles does not represent the history of Soul Society, but that of Seireitei's.

Spoiler:

Q213:
In regards to Byakuya's grandfather, Ginrei, when Kyoraku brought up the names of the Shinigami that have been Captains for over a hundred years he was not mentioned. Was his service as a Captain rather short?
A213:
I forgot about him! Let's blame it on Shunsui.

Spoiler:

Q226:
Although it's true that it's never once mentioned how Toshiro's Bankai would come undone if his petals were to disappear, what would happen to him if this were to happen before he mastered his Bankai?
A226:
He would undergo an imperfect growth and damage himself in the process.

Spoiler:

Q237:
Regarding the double chant Rukia used when she was fighting Aaroniero, did she simply split the chant for Sōrensōkatsui into two and throw in the one for Rikujōkōrō in the middle? Or is it that the chant itself slightly changes between using each spell individually and going for a double chant instead?
A237:
It was a shortened Rikujōkōrō chant inserted in-between the full chant for Sōrensōkatsui. Reciting the full chants for both spells would increase their effect, but that would defeat the meaning of the double incantation as their time efficiency would end up dropping.

Spoiler:

Q238:
When one inherits a Zanpakuto in the way Tosen and Kenpachi did, will the essence of its soul be overwritten? Or will it mix with the essence of the previous owner?
A238:
Usually it will be overwritten, but in some cases it can also mix.

Spoiler:

Q276:
When Rukia entered into the family register she chose not to change her last name. However, now having become a Captain herself, there are two Captain Kuchiki around. How do the troops differentiate between the two when addressing them? Is it possible that she'll change her name to Abarai?
A276:
Many soldiers use "Captain Kuchiki" and "13th Captain Kuchiki" in order to differentiate them.

Spoiler:

Q277:
In the end, has Zangetsu returned to being just one blade?
The "10 years later" version of Ichigo that was added to the Brave Souls game is seen wielding the "Zangetsu that appeared after Tensa Zangetsu shattered" seen in the final stage of the Thousand Year Blood War arc.
The dual Zangetsu blades containing the Hollow and Quincy sides are joined together into a single blade when releasing Tensa Zangetsu, so I assumed that it would clearly revert back into two blades once the Bankai is undone.
However, after revealing his Bankai, Ichigo has both his Hollow and Quincy powers stolen and the blade gets damaged as well among other things. Would this be the reason why Zangetsu did not return to being two blades again? Or is it possible that if Ichigo so wishes it can be turned into both a single blade and a pair of swords as well?
In any case, it's just a game exclusive addition but I was really curious about it.

A277:
Although this hasn't been touched upon in detail, since I don't plan on expanding upon this topic any further I'm going to answer your question here. The dual Zangetsu is made up of "the blade" and "the scabbard". The correct form of a Zanpakuto is one that includes a scabbard and there are only two blades without one: Sayafushi and Zangetsu. The dual blade state fixes Zangetsu into its "correct form" while its Bankai state provides the scabbard, and what was seen after it shattered is the "True Zangetsu". The shattered scabbard was absorbed by Ichigo so if he wanted to he could split it back into two, but I guess that depends on Ichigo himself.

Spoiler:

Q278:
This is something that I've been thinking about ever since I read Volume 12, but has there ever been any kind of physical relationship between Aizen and Hinamori? If you ask me, I feel like Aizen not engaging in this kind of thing with her is more in-character for him so I personally believe nothing of the sort happened.
A278:
I think it would be more fun to leave this question unanswered.

Spoiler:

Q279:
Is Hozukimaru one of the rare types of Zanpakuto that requires a scabbard to activate its Shikai form?
A279:
That's right.

Spoiler:

Q281:
After being granted a letter upon receiving a Schrift, does one's ability manifest depending on their nature? Or does his majesty already know what it is before even bestowing it to them vocally?
A281:
Yhwach has the ability to see words as if they were engraved in the individual's body. Thus, he find the respective individuals based on these embedded words and grants them the Schrifts that went missing due to war loses and such.

Spoiler:

Q282:
Do Yokai and Fairies exist within the world of Bleach?
A282:
It would be quite fun if they did.

Spoiler:

Q283:
In regards to the digital edition of the Bleach manga, there's a colored version available as well, but were you the one to decide on the color schemes used in it?
A283:
There are parts which I did check and some which I didn't (I only checked what the person in charge of it would ask me to take a look at). But even when it comes to the parts that I did check I often ended up like "Was it really this color??" after checking again later since I'd decide on the colors straight away in-between work breaks.

Spoiler:

Q286:
Is the reason for Uryu not getting affected by Auswählen related to his grandfather?
A286:
The development behind this plot point is a little complicated, but there's a chance it might get revealed in the anime version of the Thousand Year Blood War arc. (Depends on how they approach it)

Spoiler:

Q287:
We know that the Thousand Year Blood War arc is going to be animated, but what about the novels? I’d love to see an animated version of the “WE DO knot ALWAYS LOVE YOU” novel, especially scenes like Rukia and Renji’s wedding, as well as how Ichigo and Orihime’s relationship progressed.
A287:
Oh, I see. If there’s enough material I guess it could be done.

Spoiler:

Q288:
Could it be that Giselle is actually female? Maybe Yumichika only said that to provoke them.
A288:
Giselle is a guy.

Spoiler:

Q289:
Could you tell us who slashed Rukia from behind during the Sternritter’s first Quincy invasion?
A289:
It will be revealed in the anime version.

Spoiler:

Q290:
Is the huge spoon used by Kirio Hikifune of Squad Zero actually her Zanpakuto?
A290:
It is.

Spoiler:

Q293:
When it comes to the role of a Shinigami, they cleanse Hollows of their sins and send them to Soul Society where they can rest in peace via their Zanpakuto. However, was the role of a Shinigami to simply annihilate Hollows before Ouetsu Nimaiya showed up?
A293:
The role of a Shinigami was in fact stipulated after the creation of Gotei 13.

Spoiler:

Q294:
When did Chad get his tattoo? Was it when he went back to Mexico? Or perhaps while he was in his hometown Okinawa? I'd appreciate it if you let us know.
A294:
Chad got his tattoo back in Mexico when he was 9 years old.

Spoiler:

Q295:
Word on the streets has it that you actually ended the Substitute Shinigami arc earlier than planned. Is that true? If so, please let us know what you originally intended to write in terms of story.
A295:
That I originally intended to write an episode for each of the classmates, but on the way got bored and scrapped the idea? That's actually true. I believe I actually mentioned this in one of the Character Guide Books or something.

Spoiler:

Q298:
I really like the relationship between Ichigo and the shop owner, Ikumi Unagiya, especially since it feels like Ichigo's back to being a child in her presence. I'd like to know what you were careful about when creating her character.
A298:
She is a character I came up with because in the Fullbringer arc I wanted to give Ichigo a place of comfort to go to other than the Kurosaki's when all other places were no longer an option.

Spoiler:

Q299:
In Burn the Witch we see that each Division specializes in a certain weapon, but in the event that you are moved to another department like when Bruno was trying to persuade the girls, does that mean that your weapon changes as well?
A299:
You are granted a new weapon to use.
Judging what weapon and department suits an individual best is one of the skills possessed by a Director.

Spoiler:

Q300:
Is the thing underneath Hisagi's eye tape or a tattoo?
A300:
It's a tattoo.

Spoiler:

Q301:
The effects of the medallion and the Sankt Altar used by Yhwach are quite similar. Would it be correct to assume that the medallion is an application of the Sankt Altar technique?
A301:
That's correct.

Spoiler:

Q303:
What kind of technique is Ganju's "Stone Wave"? Judging from the fact that it can directly affect substances and him being shown to have trained with Ginjo & Co in the final arc, would it be correct to assume that it's a Fullbring technique?
A303:
It is a technique that is passed down within the Shiba family. It undoes the union of Reishi particles and scatters them.

Spoiler:

Q304:
From Byakuya and Aizen to Ginjo, all of the main enemies Ichigo has faced so far have a Kanji for a certain color in their names. Does Yhwach's name also have any sort of color symbolism?
A304:
Very early on during the development phase, Yhwach was given the pseudonym Yhwach Beltz. In Basque, Beltz means "black".

Spoiler:

Q307:
Which one of Ichigo's parents came up with his name? *Ichigo=*Isshin=
Based on my personal interpretation: he is the result of Isshin protecting () "one thing () = Masaki's life". But since Isshin would be the type of guy to dislike his son bearing half his name (), I was thinking that Masaki was the one that came up with it. Please let me know if this is correct!
A307:
You are correct in assuming that it was Masaki.
I was actually conflicted on whether to draw Ichigo's naming scene or not, but it would've just ended up with Masaki and Isshin appearing all flirty so I gave up on the idea as it seemed kinda gross.

Spoiler:

Q308:
I personally find Ichigo to be the most handsome among all Jump series characters! Is there any Jump series protagonist that you find cool or handsome?
A308:
Usually, I don't really care much about the protagonists.
I do like Cygnus Hyoga though. I feel like I've mentioned this before...

Spoiler:

Q309:
If Grimmjow trains, could he eventually unlock Segunda Etapa?
A309:
Yes.

Spoiler:

Q310:
In chapter 2 we see Ichigo fighting a Hollow in the Yumizawa Children Park. Is the name "Yumizawa" in any way related to the Quincy?
The Ishida family has been residing in the spiritually rich Karakura Town since long ago, so I was thinking that they might have named the park by using a Quincy-esque term.

A310:
Woah!? It actually is related. OMG!
I'm surprised you figured it out because I simply came up with the name when playing around with the story setting. I had no intention of actually bringing this up.

Spoiler:

Q321:
When Byakuya fought Pepe, even thought he was hit with the Love Kiss, he was not turned into a puppet.
Is that because the mantle Byakuya was wearing was made from the Oken?

A321:
That's correct. Come to mention, I couldn't find the right moment to mention this back then...

Spoiler:

Q322:
When we are first introduced to the Soul King, he clearly has all four of his limbs. When did you actually decide to get rid of his limbs?
Also, when Pernida Parnkgjas crushes the Second-Class Divine Soldier, they are shown to actually have a normal left hand too so I'm thinking that back then it had not yet been decided that Pernida was going to be the Soul King's Left Arm.

A322:
Well, the setting I came up with for them is that "normally, they can hold an imperfect human form, but when they lose themselves they can no longer hold it together and their true identity (that of the left arm) is revealed", but since it's pretty hard to grasp I guess I could've scrapped this idea.
Anyway, I really wanted to draw the bit in which their hood tears apart when they turn into the Left Arm.

Spoiler:

Q324:
Sorry for the anime related question, but in the Zanpakuto Rebellion Arc out of all the Captains and Vice-Captains that had their Zanpakuto names revealed I believe that Itegumo is the only one that did not assume a physical form. Was it Kubo-sensei's intention not to reveal it or were you simply not approached by the studio in regards to it?
A324:
I have no recollection about having ever discussed with the staff about Itegumo, so I guess there was no interest in it.

Spoiler:

Q325:
How would you describe Ikumi's husband?
Also, how old is he?

A325:
In the main story she is single. But she remarries in the gap between the main story and the NO BREATHES FROM HELL arc.

Spoiler:

Q327:
Was not revealing any info about Aizen's origin and past something intentional?
It's rare to have villains with no background reveals end up being so charismatic so I'm curious.

A327:
In most cases, revealing the villain's past is done so that the reader can empathize with them and feel sympathy. I'm not a fan of this trope so I don't make use of it.
All characters possess different values, but I believe that the harder it is to accept the gap between them, the greater the villain becomes.

Spoiler:

Q328:
This is something I've always watched out for nervously, but is the fact that Rangiku's overflowing boobs do not slip out of her uniform due to her holding them in place with reiatsu? Or do they actually fall out when nobody is watching?
I'm also curious as to whether the reason she shows so much cleavage is due to it being painful to cover them up or simply thanks to her generosity? I totally love her sexy cleavage!

A328:
When I draw her I always imagine that she keeps them in place with double-sided tape, but I like your idea of using reiatsu a lot better.
I think I might be borrowing it from now on!

Spoiler:

Q331:
I want to know how Yoruichi can turn herself into a cat. Is it a technique she herself invented, or does she actually use some sort of spiritual tool belonging to the Shihouin clan? Or perhaps a tool or technique invented by Urahara Kisuke himself? I can’t think of anything else.
A331:
Yoruichi uses a technique she herself invented so she could sneak out of her clan’s mansion.

Spoiler:

:gglife

Q334:
In the 10th Division section of the BLEACH 13 BLADEs. booklet it says that “Rangiku barely avoided having her Bankai stolen”. Has Rangiku unlocked her Bankai?
A334:
Woah, you’re right! That’s a mistake. How did that get in there...

Spoiler:

Q338:
In Volume 74 during the new captain appointment ceremony we see Nanao acting as the host, but she is seen carrying a cane. Is that a result of her fight with Lille? In a different scene from the same volume (when she goes outside to call for Kyoraku) we see no sight of the cane, so I'm curious to know the truth.
A338:
Yeah. When she was looking for Shunsui I either forgot to draw it or it didn't show up clearly on page or something.

Spoiler:

Q339:
Was Ichigo’s Bankai unable to be stolen by the medallion due to it being mixed with Hollow power?
A339:
Yes.

Spoiler:

Q342:
Will there be a new Bleach game launched once the anime starts? There hasn't been one since Soul Ignition.
I'm talking about a proper console game, not a mobile one.

A342:
I think I might've heard something like that from the manager.

Spoiler:

Q342:
Had there been a Quincy family tree document I'm pretty sure Uryu would've noticed a pure blooded line under the name of "Kurosaki" existing up until recently, but did Sogen actually compile any documents related to their family tree? Had it been the case, after enrolling into Karakura High School, wouldn't Uryu have found it peculiar that the person who bears the Kurosaki name was emanating a high amount of reiatsu?
A342:
Books related to the Quincy are locked inside the archive found within their hospital. Uryu is forbidden access to the archive, and he himself would rather forget about it if it meant getting into a quarrel with Ryuken over trying to enter the room. Also, far more important books are located inside Ryuken's personal room.

Spoiler:

Q346:
Is it possible for two Hollows to conceive an offspring?
A346:
Yes.

Spoiler:

Q349:
Does the effect of Wabisuke's Shikai wear off once the release is undone?
A349:
Yes.

Spoiler:

Q350:
When Shinigami release their Shikai, we see that they call out the name of their Zanpakuto but sometimes they do it without saying the release command. Is there any difference between releasing a Shikai with or without its release command? Just like how only those who have obtained Bankai can release their Shikai without calling out its name, it's not something that can be done by anyone, right?
A350:
Only experts can release their Shikai without its release command, but it will take time for its abilities to reach 100% efficiency.

Spoiler:

Q352:
Please tell us which one of the Bleach movies is your favorite!
A352:
I like the Ulquiorra fight from the beginning of the Hellverse movie.

Spoiler:

Q353:
Is the healing medicine that comes out of Ikkaku's sword something that was added via modification or one of the Zanpakuto's original abilities? After looking it up I found that the "Hozuki" plant was used as a medicinal herb back in the day, so I thought what are the chances?
A353:
It's part of Hozukimaru's abilities.

Spoiler:

Q356:
AI noticed on one of the illustrations that were present at the Reverse Shibuya exhibition that Rickenbacker was classified as a Broom Buggy. While its shape is different to that of Wordsworth and Marshall's, are all mount dragons classified as Broom Buggies?
A356:
While Broom Buggies are a type of Dragon species, they also represent a sort of model number that is registered within Wing Bind. Each applicant brings in their own dragon and if they pass the registration test they can then be listed as Broom Buggies.

Spoiler:

Q360:
I noticed in the latest anniversary chapter that each Gotei member's outfit was quite unique, with streaks of their personality sticking out. Is this new more lenient dress code due to the Captain Commander having changed?
A360:
The dress code has definitely become more lenient. After all, the Captain Commander is Shunsui...

Spoiler:

Q363:
We were introduced to a new Lieutenant in Atau Rindo, but what happened to former Lieutenant Iemura?
A363:
Since Atau's abilities were greater, he personally applied to be demoted to the position of 3rd Seat. Even though he was responsible for it, he fell into depression but thanks to Hanatarou's support he was summoned back into the 4th Division barracks and reinstated. The 4th Division is caught up in lots of paper work but this is what he's best at.

Spoiler:

Q364:
I just read the new anniversary chapter. It's been so long since I last got this excited, I even got goosebumps!
Is this just a one shot or will there be a continuation? I wanna read the rest!!

A364:
I’m not really good at drawing something when I’m forced to. So I’ll consider doing it when people stop pestering me about it.

Spoiler:

Q366:
What are Ichika's views in regards to Yumichika's gender? These are difficult times when it comes to gender inclusion, but I'd like to see a scene in which she's shocked to find out that he's male.
A366:
She already knows that he's a guy.

Spoiler:

Q367:
Isshin recovers his Shinigami powers after 20 years in Chapter 188 and makes a mention about the Vizards to Urahara. Despite having helped with controlling their Hollowfication, Urahara acts like he doesn't know too much about their background and intentions. Is this because he simply wanted to keep their goals hidden from Isshin? Or it is because Urahara truly did not know their intentions due to not interacting with them after what happened in the TBTP arc?
A367:
It's because he considered keeping said info hidden from Isshin would benefit in keeping the Hollowfication under control.

Spoiler:

Q370:
In the new one shot Ichigo says that he's over at Keigo's ramen shop with everyone. By everyone, who exactly is he referring to? Besides Mizuiro, who else was there with him? Chad too?
A370:
The guy sitting in the back is Uryu.

Spoiler:

Q373:
Have you ever seen secondary creations of your own work? What are your thoughts regarding this topic?
A373:
As long as the fans can enjoy themselves they can go ahead and make as many as they want. Please send me male-oriented porn, as I check it out.

Spoiler:

Q375:
Do non-noble seated officers live on the road to the seated officers headquarters? Do they live in detached houses?
A375:
Most of them do.

Spoiler:

Q377:
When Shunsui uses the Third Arc of his Bankai, Katen Kyōkotsu: Karamatsu Shinjū's Dangyo no Fuchi, if the opponent does not try to resist (try to resurface out of the water) will it not proceed to the Final Act? With the premise of making up your mind in regards to drowning yourself, I thought that if the opponent would accept this fate it would result in a double suicide, as the name itself suggests.
A377:
Regardless of the ensuing Act, if the opponent dies midway through and it is decided that "the performer has disappeared" then the Act will end right then and there.

Spoiler:

Q380:
Ever since I saw Ichika I've been wondering, but how fast is the growth rate of a Shinigami's physical age exactly? As their physical body ages, does the speed at which it develops eventually slow down?
A380:
I'll probably be writing about this in a Fanbook.

Spoiler:

Q382:
How tall is current Toshiro? Has he surpassed his previous height of 133 cm?
A382:
He's 134 cm tall now.

Spoiler:

Q385:
I'd like to find out about Kisuke's likes and dislikes in terms of food. If there's been any changes in his culinary taste between the time he was a captain and nowadays, I'd like to know about them.
A385:
He likes rice. The list of food he dislikes would have no end. Since we're at it, Yoruichi eats any kind of food.

Spoiler:

Q386:
Who came up with the title for『WE DO knot ALWAYS LOVE YOU』?
A386:
I did.

Spoiler:

Q387:
Could it be that Engetsu is actually not Isshin's Zanpakuto, but actually another Shinigami's? Like maybe it belongs to one of the Five Great Noble Families? Is the reason why no Shinigami noticed the connection to Isshin after seeing Ichigo use Getsuga Tensho because Isshin's Engetsu is known as a fire type while the Getsuga Tensho ability releases condensed reiatsu in the form of an energy slash?
A387:
The reasons for why no other Shinigami thought about Isshin after witnessing Getsuga Tensho are as follows:
- Isshin's Getsuga Tensho is different from Ichigo's, in that it is a close ranged attack in which both fire and reiatsu are released in the form of a slash.
- Captains don't have any chances of learning about each other's named techniques outside of fighting together on the battlefield and training together.
- During the Soul Society arc, Ichigo only ever speaks the name of his technique in front of Byakuya.

Spoiler:

Q389:
I'd like to know how Shutara Senjumaru got promoted to the Royal Guard. What did she create? At first I thought it must've been the Shihakusho that landed her the promotion, but I don't really see it as being that important to garner her such an opportunity.
A389:
It's actually the Shihakusho.

Sablés

As Yachiru was still a girl when Zaraki used bankai, I'm guessing the reason Zaraki's bankai didn't have a name was because it wasn't the real thing?

MShadows

Deathbat
As Yachiru was still a girl when Zaraki used bankai, I'm guessing the reason Zaraki's bankai didn't have a name was because it wasn't the real thing?
It's possible. Or it could be that she told it to him off-panel, although that would be weird.

Xhominid

The Avaricious

I think it's more Yachiru is the Bankai Spirit but the overall Zanpaktou Spirit is an Older Woman. Most likely Kenpachi is making it so that Yachiru as he knows her is more upfront than the Older Woman.

Medjaynegus

Interesting that some of the strongest shinigami have female spirits (Shunsui, Kisuke, Kenpachi,etc.) I wonder what Yamamoto, Aizen, Gin, Tosen, and a few other zanpakuto spirit gender is.

Sablés

Q115:
Byakuya says that Ichigo is the second person to ever witness Senkei. Who was the first person to see it?
A115:
I cannot answer this here.
:catmad
Q117:
Back when Old Man Zangetsu tried to tell his name inside Ichigo's spiritual world he was crushed by black ink and couldn't finish his sentence. Was that the doing of Ichibei Hyosube?
A117:
That is correct.
I find this very hard to believe :thinkchuu
Q133:
I believe Tousen can use Hollowfication and enter what would be his Resurrection. Can Ichigo and the other Vizards do this as well?
Is it possible that they could use both Bankai and Resurrection while Hollowfied?

A133:
It is possible.
What does this even mean?

Keishin

Q115:
A115:
I cannot answer this here

(0)..(0)

MShadows

Deathbat
I find this very hard to believe :thinkchuu
Made a bit of a mistake translating that, it's corrected now. Regardless, I guess it's referring to this scene

What does this even mean?
Grillar Grillo was Tousen's Resurrection. The person asks if Ichigo and the Vizard have a Resurrection form as well and if it's possible for them to use both the Mask & Bankai and Resurrection & Bankai at the same time. Kubo replied affirmatively.

Sablés

Made a bit of a mistake translating that, it's corrected now. Regardless, I guess it's referring to this scene
Oh I know the scene. It just raises more questions that it answers.

It's the same as Hikone instead of using hollow mask they resurrect (monster form) and go bankai.

Grillar Grillo was Tousen's Resurrection. The person asks if Ichigo and the Vizard have a Resurrection form as well and if it's possible for them to use both the Mask & Bankai and Resurrection & Bankai at the same time. Kubo replied affirmatively.
Derped. Nice that we finally got a (sort of)n answer to that.

Medjaynegus

So did yhwach have his power stolen by Ichibei at some point? Might follow the same path with ikomikidomoe then

Medjaynegus

Oh I know the scene. It just raises more questions that it answers.

Derped. Nice that we finally got a (sort of)n answer to that.
Remember that fanfiction that was posted finishing the war arc? I believe it might be a similar case, ichibei took yhwach name somehow

MShadows

Deathbat
So did yhwach have his power stolen by Ichibei at some point? Might follow the same path with ikomikidomoe then
I think it was just Ichibei blocking Yhwach from telling Ichigo his true identity. It could be that he initially wanted to reveal his Quincy origin but after getting cockblocked by Ichibei he decided to play the fake identity game.

Medjaynegus

I think it was just Ichibei blocking Yhwach from telling Ichigo his true identity. It could be that he initially wanted to reveal his Quincy origin but after getting cockblocked by Ichibei he decided to play the fake identity game.
Damn, how powerful is Ichibei to have done that? How long has he known about Ichigo.

Final Fantasy

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe” XD
So I guess the reason why the vizards are weak is, because their getting a power up.

MShadows

Deathbat
So I guess the reason why the vizards are weak is, because their getting a power up.
The only power up they can get is obtaining a Resurrection at will. Kubo confirmed they can use the Mask with their Bankais just like Ichigo so them not doing so just makes them look stupid.

Final Fantasy

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe” XD
Kubo confirmed they can use the Mask with their Bankais just like Ichigo so them not doing so just makes them look stupid.
I agree it does make them look stupid, they probably were forced not to use it by central 46.

That or their afraid of losing control of their hollow.

Corax

Holy shit, Toshiro had bankai before Gotei13, how long did it take him to get shikai and how long to achieve bankai.
Wasn't in clear from his flashback?Even as a child he froze everything around him in his district I believe. Or may be it was an anime filler?

docj

i have returned
The only power up they can get is obtaining a Resurrection at will. Kubo confirmed they can use the Mask with their Bankais just like Ichigo so them not doing so just makes them look stupid.
This literally confirms Tousen > The Espada

The ability of Mask + Bankai or Ress + Bankai easily puts him above all of them.

Him not using the techniques, is once again PIS, along with the Vizards who also don’t use Bankai + mask like Ichigo.

Medjaynegus

This literally confirms Tousen > The Espada

The ability of Mask + Bankai or Ress + Bankai easily puts him above all of them.

Him not using the techniques, is once again PIS, along with the Vizards who also don’t use Bankai + mask like Ichigo.
How is this PIS, Tosen didnt want to use bankai because he gave up being a shinigami. I doubt a mask would do much

Top Bottom