Chapter Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 171 Spoilers and Discussion

Corax

Reggie did better than I expected... it wasnt a complete stomp in the domain.

once again, the sure hit abilities of domains are easily nullified by lower level countermeasures.. ironic that a sorcerer with a perfect domain would've had a harder time against reggies basket whatever protection than megumi, who luckily for him just had an incomplete domain that made it worthless.

one thing bothering me, I dont see this domain being a stepup from megumis previous incomplete one. he used shadow clones to beat up reggie, I think he was already capable of that - a shadow clone got shot in the head by fingerbearer - its just last time he had something better - totality - instead to back him.

it looks like the elephant won the match for him, but reggie was holding on surprisingly well and came close to turn it around. in the end I guess he wasnt a bit above mediocre sorcerer, but probably a grade 1-ish as well.

maybe if he managed to get a recipe of a Boeing or some shit and throw it at the opponent that'd qualify as a trump card to him.. also if he reserved his trucks, and havent used them up before the domain, and drop them megumis shadow instead of the cars, maybe would've made a difference.

maybe its not over yet, but the way reggie himself thought if he ends up being wet, thats the end of him and elephant supposedly put him underwater.. it should.
Megumi's domain is more dangerous because his shikigami can also attack (and their attacks can't be blocked by simple domain). So I guess his complete domain will be even more dangerous because of constant threat of guaranteed hit+totality/shikigami combo.

Kellogem

Megumi's domain is more dangerous because his shikigami can also attack (and their attacks can't be blocked by simple domain). So I guess his complete domain will be even more dangerous because of constant threat of guaranteed hit+totality/shikigami combo.
I think most domains has those kind of non-guaranteed-hit, but still domain boosted attacks, like megumis shikigami, so I dont think its that special..

like dagon.. after the guaranteed attack was disabled, he still had hordes or flesh-eating fishes and crabs and shit, which he didnt have outside of the domain.

jogo probably could still throw rocks at the opponent, plus the heat..

we didnt get to see a lot of domains where the guaranteed hit was not the end of it, but get to fighting inside of the domain, but I think most of them still gives extra stuff.. and the fact megumi can already use totality and shikigami combo regardless of domain, makes the boost his domain gives kind of meh.. especially so far. he really should get some shikigami he is allowed to use specifically within the domain or something like that to make it feel special.

Kellogem

I wonder if megumi is letting reggie live for exchange of his points... plus maybe he has a receipt for medical treatment he can heal megumi with. though I guess the ones he has on him should be ruined, but he can still store some at some place. if so, have him use the ones for treatment on megumi, destroy the rest and reggie is not a threat anymore at least for the duration of the game. now megumi killing him wouldnt be justified after he is defeated and no more henchmen around megumi has to fight..

MHA massive fan

I take it back the chapter was actually alright
Thé spoiler didnt do it justice
Megumi current domain is no different to the one in the cave though
Surprised he seems to have barely improved it
It looks cleaner for sure but it seems to have a weakness the previous version didn’t seem to have in regards to what tools he can pull out of the shadow

Kellogem

if there was more activity in the subsection, I think it'd deserve a thread how Megumi and Yuji barely progressed regarding strength in the last 100 chapters, especially compared to the pace shounen mains tend to progress.. (since it wouldnt get 5 replies I wont make one though..)

I mean sure, they refined their skills and megumi got some neat shadow walking and some aesthetic change for his incomplete domain.. but thats about it. last big progress yuji got was black flash like around chapter 50 and megumis incomplete domain around 60.

I thought by this time they'd reach special grade sorcerer level, and they are still no match for the first (and only) batch of formidable antagonists - the nature curses... despite all of them killed by now. they are seriously lagging behind.

yet maki skyrocketed through tiers in a span of a single chapter.. I'd prefer a more steady progress as opposed to them going the maki/yuta route.

MHA massive fan

if there was more activity in the subsection, I think it'd deserve a thread how Megumi and Yuji barely progressed regarding strength in the last 100 chapters, especially compared to the pace shounen mains tend to progress.. (since it wouldnt get 5 replies I wont make one though..)

I mean sure, they refined their skills and megumi got some neat shadow walking and some aesthetic change for his incomplete domain.. but thats about it. last big progress yuji got was black flash like around chapter 50 and megumis incomplete domain around 60.

I thought by this time they'd reach special grade sorcerer level, and they are still no match for the first (and only) batch of formidable antagonists - the nature curses... despite all of them killed by now. they are seriously lagging behind.

yet maki skyrocketed through tiers in a span of a single chapter.. I'd prefer a more steady progress as opposed to them going the maki/yuta route.
I agree their progress has been lacking compared to basic shonen progression case in point naruto massive tier leap
Let’s not even talk about ichigo’s

However this is a more reasonable realistic approach to improving , it feels more earned

Kellogem

I agree their progress has been lacking compared to basic shonen progression case in point naruto massive tier leap
Let’s not even talk about ichigo’s

However this is a more reasonable realistic approach to improving , it feels more earned
yeah, but considering the manga has like 2 years left supposedly, and the endgame is probably taking on sukuna level opponents for final villains, they really should step up their game, or the gap is going to be so big, its going to take an asspull for them to bridge it.

right now, I doubt megumi or yuji worth more than like 4-5 finger sukuna. if gege was planning to go on for like at least 5 more years, it would be a different deal..

MHA massive fan

yeah, but considering the manga has like 2 years left supposedly, and the endgame is probably taking on sukuna level opponents for final villains, they really should step up their game, or the gap is going to be so big, its going to take an asspull for them to bridge it.

right now, I doubt megumi or yuji worth more than like 4-5 finger sukuna. if gege was planning to go on for like at least 5 more years, it would be a different deal..
For Megumi though it’s easy to see him jump level without it being an ass pull
He got stronger shikigami left to use which we haven’t seen
Plus ultimately he may either have mahoraga or another unseen shikigami with the wheel that alone would make him 10+ fingers he can double in strength casually

for yuji simply learning a curse technique would also have a similar effect

MHA massive fan

Actually Megumi is still quite below yuji has he hasn’t even mastered black flash
Remember what mahito said after he used black flash
He finally understood the nature of his soul
Same for what todo said about it etc

you are right Megumi progess is almost nonsensical and very far behind
Even the girl with the nails has made more progress

Gitagon

I think Megumi will only finally master his DE after performing a Black Flash. But it may be in a monumental battle or something.

Corax

Black flash is for close combat fighters mainly. It doesn't fit his fighting style.Megumi is a summoner that sometimes fights in close combat,but close combat isn't his primary stile.

Kellogem

kugisaki wasnt much more of a cqc fighter either..

but Im not sure if black flash is really necessary for progress, maybe its for specific type of sorcerers, just like not everyone is getting a domain to be high level.

also, kugisaki getting her ass kicked by that ponytail douchebag which nanami no-diffed, I question how much boost that black flash gave to her abilities.

at the end I dont think megumis progress is tied to BF.

Jackalinthebox

I wouldn’t be surprised if Black Flash remains Yuji’s signature tech for a while, whereas Megumi doesn’t use it. Most of the Domain Expansions we’ve seen were perfomed by individuals who either never used BF or didn’t use BF prior to learning DE.

Top Bottom