Itachi's Collapse: Official Thread

Itachi's status

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the coughing is because he had a heart attack obviosuly, from susano-o taking all his life force away, he's clearly dead just look at the last panel his eyes are corpse esque

Has it been four months already? I liked it, but I don't have high expectations of anything so that may be the reason. As for there not being any plot development, i disagree. You need to differentiate between what you don't like from what did/didn't happen.

Apparently people can't understand the meaning behind a fitting death, so they have to say it sucks horribly. This was NOT an epic letdown, it's a perfect ending for Itachi. He stops just short of Sasuke's eyes, and actually taps him on the forehead, like he used to do when they were kids, then he slides down and hits the ground. How can you NOT like that ending? You guys just don't know art when you see it. Even Deidara would've said it was a truly artistic and beautiful death.

Well, he was coughing up blood after Amaterasu, so the best bet is that this is just another MS side effect. Rather ridiculous if you could just seal people away and not suffer any drawbacks. So it's either from simply activating the jutsu, using it to seal, or both.

Though I really wonder why he clutched at his heart. I'm not good with medical things, does this somehow correspond to coughing up blood? Or is it yet a seperate side effect?

Hmm, I wonder if he was poisoned either much earlier by Sasuke or by Orochimaru.

I hope he isn't really dead yet. I really, really want flashbacks and perhaps more talking. But considering he was barely audible this chapter, I don't think we'll be getting anymore last words.

Official Itachi Eulogy Thread

yeah i never really liked him but now that he's 99.9% sure dead, lets remember his good moments

he looked badass usually

he was intense and crazy explaining the uchiha history to his brother

he was awesome with illusions

he was even good at taijutsus

his death was beautiful

Dunno what your talkin about tbh
i thought his death was great. Reaching for his goal but falling just short and giving him the tap on the forehead...i honestly can't see him missing on the way down and aiming high...so maybe it was a last spurt of being a brother? Anyways it was a dramatic death.

Apparently people can't understand the meaning behind a fitting death, so they have to say it sucks horribly. This was NOT an epic letdown, it's a perfect ending for Itachi. He stops just short of Sasuke's eyes, and actually taps him on the forehead, like he used to do when they were kids, then he slides down and hits the ground. How can you NOT like that ending? You guys just don't know art when you see it. Even Deidara would've said it was a truly artistic and beautiful death.

I agree... That was a very fitting end for Itachi.

lol, your a troll.

Kishi talks to me, he said the manga ends and then theres flashbacks of the 3 remaining hyped up villains dying. Yeah, no. Pein, madara, kisame, zetsu, papergirl(whatever her name is) and kabutorochimaru still exist. The plot hasnt quite wrapped up yet.

the ending was absolutely awesome. very badass and fitting for a badass like itachi. i swear people just always wanna find something to bitch about...

Itachi's Death ~ An Art

Itachi's death/defeat was truly an artform. It was just so beautifully done. After all these years yearning for his brother's eyes, he finally cornered him, defenseless and helpless, and was only about to realize his obsession...

when he couldn't. Just couldn't. It was so close yet he couldn't make it. It was under his reach yet he couldn't exert that extra effort to grab in in his hand. He was limited by his body and though he may have aspired to transcend the heavens and achieve the ultimate power, he was still under shackles of his container.

Itachi gracefully collapsed after giving Sasuke that headpoke that symbolizes so many things of the past: their bonds, their brotherhood, the past of the Uchiha. It may not be intentional but I think it's what makes it all the more ironic. And if you notice there is a huge Uchiha fan carved on the wall right behind Sasuke. It was the perfect stage for his death.

Kudos to you, Kishi. I thought it was a bit lame when I read the spoilers but after actually reading the chapter, it was so emotionally amazing. Sasuke's exasperated expression, Itachi's blood bath, everything is just perfect. I expect to see some story-telling next chapter.

the ending was absolutely awesome. very badass and fitting for a badass like itachi. i swear people just always wanna find something to bitch about...

of course
people bitching is half of this forum :notrust
get with it man

Actually, after reading the actual chapter, I absolutely LOVE it. This chapter is just amazing. The intensity, the insanity, the frustration. It was so emotionally packed.

GikuHonishimo said:

agrees with what these members posted. It was a fitting end to the fight. Very intense. I especially love that Sasuke was standing in front of a wall with the Uchiha fan on it. Very fitting. The head poke was just.....incredible. love it. :cry

4 months? Am I already that senile? :wha

Sure, there are always better ways to end a fight, but I'm actually quite content with it. And you're not the only one who stays up late. I'm having a lecture in 2 hours. Pfff :hmpf

looking at it like that
yes i agree, itachi's death was ironic and a big slap in his face

Back
Top Bottom