It backfired very painfully, isn't it?

MrAnalogies

Sugar crash
The only time he lost on purpose was when got caught and wanted to eat prison food, those were his 18 captures, hence why the 7 loses as a pirate is an entire different category altogether the narrator specified.

I dont care if they were 1v1 against 7 different individuals, 10 vs Kaido 7 times, Kaido vs Roger 7 times, Kaido vs leg day etc, I'm not here to speculate any of that, I'm just refuting the honestly dumb notion that Kaido has never lost a single fight his entire life he didn't intentionally threw.
But you don't know if he lost those 7 fights on purpose or not, that's all I'm saying. The guy was literally suicidal and depressed at various points.

spawn3

The narration also doesn't say those losses were 1v1 scenarios. That would be a clear contradiction if he straight up lost 7 separate fights in fair individual combat yet somehow is considered the strongest.
Perhaps he became the strongest later on? Doesn't seem like much of a contradiction.

MrAnalogies

Sugar crash
Perhaps he became the strongest later on? Doesn't seem like much of a contradiction.
Depends on when the L's occured. If they were very recent then it doesn't make much sense for the narrative box hyping him up as the top dog for individual combat. It would be like a boxer going 0-7 and then somehow still remaining the #1 p4p fighter.

spawn3

Depends on when the L's occured. If they were very recent then it doesn't make much sense for the narrative box hyping him up as the top dog for individual combat. It would be like a boxer going 0-7 and then somehow still remaining the #1 p4p fighter.
I don't think they were very recent. I don't think Kaido's fought anyone recently either. Recently as in Pre-Wano.

MrAnalogies

Sugar crash
I don't think they were very recent. I don't think Kaido's fought anyone recently either. Recently as in Pre-Wano.
We'll see that's because you have common sense and basic deductive reasoning ability. Stop being silly and read Two Piece where you can apply your head cannon. :maybe

In all seriousness, I agree it's pretty clear he hasn't been in any serious fights recently... because the damn manga said so.

Kaido can recall events from when he was as young as 10. I think it would be just plain idiotic writing if the losses he took were recent and yet he's telling Luffy he can't even remember the last time he was challenged in a serious fight. It simply doesn't make any sense.

MartyMcFly1

Danger is my middle name!
We'll see that's because you have common sense and basic deductive reasoning ability. Stop being silly and read Two Piece where you can apply your head cannon. :maybe

In all seriousness, I agree it's pretty clear he hasn't been in any serious fights recently... because the damn manga said so.

Kaido can recall events from when he was as young as 10. I think it would be just plain idiotic writing if the losses he took were recent and yet he's telling Luffy he can't even remember the last time he was challenged in a serious fight. It simply doesn't make any sense.
All of this talk of Kaido’s losses does beg the question, what exactly happened between him and Shanks.

From what we know, Kaido’s goal was to attack Whitebeard, and Shanks’ goal was to stop him. Shanks succeeded and Kaido did not. Assuming that’s the only confrontation that they had, what happened that day that made him consider Shanks to be a part of his top 5. My gut tells me he lost a brief exchange but I guess we’ll find out soon.

Dellinger

Charismatic Awesome
I like how Kaido literally states multiple times that nobody can beat him and that the only one who’ll be capable of doing it is Joy Boy, the greatest figure in the entire history of the world But according to some Shanks must have beaten him lmao

can’t you guys realize that nobody can go through Shanks and WB. Not even Kaido. If he were to have an extreme fight against Shanks then how does he reach WB ?

MartyMcFly1

I like how Kaido literally states multiple times that nobody can beat him and that the only one who’ll be capable of doing it is Joy Boy, the greatest figure in the entire history of the world But according to some Shanks must have beaten him lmao

can’t you guys realize that nobody can go through Shanks and WB. Not even Kaido. If he were to have an extreme fight against Shanks then how does he reach WB ?
I guess, but his intention was to fight Whitebeard and Shanks was in his way. What made him turn around? Blackbeard said he was the strongest right after getting the Gura and I think people generally accept that it wasn’t true at the time he said it and he fled from Shanks and Akainu almost immediately after.

Why can’t Kaido have been posturing or wrong?

Dellinger

Charismatic Awesome
I guess, but his intention was to fight Whitebeard and Shanks was in his way. What made him turn around? Blackbeard said he was the strongest right after getting the Gura and I think people generally accept that it wasn’t true at the time he said it and he fled from Shanks and Akainu almost immediately after.

Why can’t Kaido have been posturing or wrong?
Why are you comparing a guy who was a high tide getting the 2 strongest fruits to a guy who’s literally fought the strongest in the world for decades ?

If Kaido was wrong he’d lose to someone else. He lost to Joy Boy who appeared after 800 years.

Also Kaido isn’t god to fight Shanks and then WB in succession. Nobody can except the imaginary Akainu you guys wish for

MartyMcFly1

Why are you comparing a guy who was a high tide getting the 2 strongest fruits to a guy who’s literally fought the strongest in the world for decades ?

If Kaido was wrong he’d lose to someone else. He lost to Joy Boy who appeared after 800 years.

Also Kaido isn’t god to fight Shanks and then WB in succession. Nobody can except the imaginary Akainu you guys wish for
Jack charged right in to fight Sengoku and Fujitora without a second thought. I think if Luffy had a vendetta against someone he would jump in to fight them back to back as well.

Kaido doesn’t seem like the type to turn back even when odds aren’t in his favor, so something must have made him turn around.

Dellinger

Charismatic Awesome
Jack charged right in to fight Sengoku and Fujitora without a second thought. I think if Luffy had a vendetta against someone he would jump in to fight them back to back as well.

Kaido doesn’t seem like the type to turn back even when odds aren’t in his favor, so something must have made him turn around.
Maybe Shanks told him something. Point is even after clashing with Shanks, Kaido still refers to himself as the strongest and so does the entire world. Are Kaido and the world delusional ?

MartyMcFly1

Maybe Shanks told him something. Point is even after clashing with Shanks, Kaido still refers to himself as the strongest and so does the entire world. Are Kaido and the world delusional ?
Since Kaido’s plan was thwarted was he delusional for believing he could easily accomplish the New Onigashima plan? Maybe.

I think the fact that Kaido put Shanks in his top 5 points to the fact that Shanks was able to beat him in some way, otherwise what was the point of sailing all the way to confront Whitebeard in the first place?

Casval Rem Aznable

Kaidou remembers whanks...that means Wanks defeated him at some point🥴
The mental gymnastics of shankstards keeps getting more and more astounding with each passing day.

Baroxio

Unlimited Strategy Works
My headcanon/fanfiction: Kaido wanted to go after Whitebeard in order to get one last fight in before the old man marched to his death.

Shanks met with Kaido in the same way he met with Whitebeard, neither really fought each other outside of a brief clash of wills. Shanks then used his far future-sight ability to let Kaido know that if he sat tight, a challenger will appear in 3 years to depose him from his throne.

This satisfied Kaido (causing him to retreat back to Wano), and explains why the Shanks pirates are in perfect health despite presumably clashing with Kaido's forces.

Dellinger

Charismatic Awesome
Since Kaido’s plan was thwarted was he delusional for believing he could easily accomplish the New Onigashima plan? Maybe.

I think the fact that Kaido put Shanks in his top 5 points to the fact that Shanks was able to beat him in some way, otherwise what was the point of sailing all the way to confront Whitebeard in the first place?
Based on what ? Kaido clearly speaks of people capable of fighting him, he then says that there is no one currently alive that can beat him. Shanks included. How did Shanks beat him if Kaido says nobody can ?

you guys are pretty delusional with the fanboyism and power creep you wish for in this series. Just so to satisfy your head canon because Oda completely crashed it since Kaido appeared

Ayy lmao

But you don't know if he lost those 7 fights on purpose or not, that's all I'm saying. The guy was literally suicidal and depressed at various points.

Why would the narrator and Yamato emphasize Kaido is unbeatable in a 1v1 then? Why not just say Kaido is unbeatable period? If he hasn't lost ever, then why specify he can't lose in a 1v1? Because he has, but probably not in a 1v1, but by taking on multiple enemies at once. Otherwise, there would be literally zero reasons for the narrator or Yamato to ever bring up Kaido being a 1v1 champ. And those 7 loses reflect that, suggesting he lost on purpose 7 times is completely baseless. Suggesting he was tortured thousands of times on purpose is also baseless.

We know he encountered Shanks crew with King only, you really think Kaido + King>>> The Red Hair Pirates crew????

If so, why hasn't Kaido taken over the world already?? Why does Kaido even need a crew, since he can't be beaten by any crew or organization apparantly?

MrAnalogies

Sugar crash
All of this talk of Kaido’s losses does beg the question, what exactly happened between him and Shanks.

From what we know, Kaido’s goal was to attack Whitebeard, and Shanks’ goal was to stop him. Shanks succeeded and Kaido did not. Assuming that’s the only confrontation that they had, what happened that day that made him consider Shanks to be a part of his top 5. My gut tells me he lost a brief exchange but I guess we’ll find out soon.
It's actually pretty simple.

Kaido says he hasn't been in a serious fight in ages.

The shanks encounter was only 2 years ago.

So obviously it wasn't a serious fight. Shanks didn't own him or beat him and it wasn't a fight with a clear winner/long drawn out brawl.

It sounds like they clashed and then Shanks negotiated with him. Kaido was also surrounded. Fighting another yonko with his entire crew would have drained Kaido severely as tough as he is, and he'd be exhausted before he even got to Whitebeard whose an even deadlier opponent.

MrAnalogies

Sugar crash
Why would the narrator and Yamato emphasize Kaido is unbeatable in a 1v1 then? Why not just say Kaido is unbeatable period? If he hasn't lost ever, then why specify he can't lose in a 1v1? Because he has, but probably not in a 1v1, but by taking on multiple enemies at once. Otherwise, there would be literally zero reasons for the narrator or Yamato to ever bring up Kaido being a 1v1 champ. And those 7 loses reflect that, suggesting he lost on purpose 7 times is completely baseless. Suggesting he was tortured thousands of times on purpose is also baseless.

We know he encountered Shanks crew with King only, you really think Kaido + King>>> The Red Hair Pirates crew????

If so, why hasn't Kaido taken over the world already?? Why does Kaido even need a crew, since he can't be beaten by any crew or organization apparantly?
Kaido became furious and killed the Kurozumi lady for interfering in his fight with Oden. Considering it was a war and there was a lot at stake, Kaido's life was in danger, and she was simply trying to aid her ally, it was completely irrational of Kaido to so that.

Similarly, against Luffy, Kaido was enraged that CP0 interfered even though it technically benefitted him and his goal was to defeat Luffy and stop the raid. He then went after the agent and killed him in a rage. He even apologized to both Oden and Luffy for the interferences and took no pride in either win.

Point being, Kaido's characterization is that he is full of contradictions. He is merciless to the people of wano but has a soft spot for some crew members. He is suicidal one minute, then wants to enjoy a drink and live life to the fullest the next minute. He engages in dirty underhand tactics to get what he wants, but when it comes to combat, he prefers doing things the old fashioned way, 1v1 with no interference or tricks. It's practically his religion. And that's important because the author is making it clear there's a big difference between people jumping you or sneaking up on you vs a fair fight, which is again, illogical in the context of pirates who usually have no honor or creed.

I never claimed kaido and king alone were enough to take down the red haired pirates. Clearly they talked things out because neither side had any injuries. Kaido wants a glorious 1v1 fight, and the fact he was willing to listen once again shows how many contradictions he has. He isn't just a completely single minded brute.

So that's why they specify he is virtually unbeatable in 1v1's because it is tied into his characterization and goals as a villain. He has spent decades trying to chase that elusive, glorious, fair fight and has been getting blue balls over and over. He doesn't care if he lost because his allies fled, betrayed him, or he got jumped/outnumbered because there's no honor in such situations and that isn't real combat in his eyes.

featherine augustus

Kaido - Obito - Sensui - Kairos - Diavolo The goats
Kaido is WSC period only suspassed by Eos Luffy , Eos BB , Imu

Putting any other character besides these 3 above Kaido is completely head canon unless the said character shows better feats

T-Bag

The Strongest
Kaido is a beast no doubt, but he'll become yesterday's news real fast. Power level's are gonna move real fast now with Blackbeard being the next and final yonko villain

Top Bottom