• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Is War Arc Neji an elite jounin?

Cichy

Kurenai being high Jonin is is not really anything weird at this point. In the canon novel her skills in genjutsu were said to be unmatched by anyone in Konoha at the time and if I remember it right, the databook did mention something about her being close to Itachi in gen, although it's a wide statement.

bil02

Is War Arc Neji Elite Jonin Level?
Depends on where you have your Elite Jounin bracket.

I would say Neji can beat some Jounins like Asuma and Zabhza,generally Neji's abilities are pretty good against shinobi with regular skills.

On the other hand guys like Yamato,Darui,Kitsuchi are all above Neji by some big margin.

In some way,yeah Neji can be considered "Elite Jounin level".

IzanagiSageKunai

Nah, she's elite.

She was placed in charge of a genin team immediately after her promotion.

Hey judgement and skills are definitely in high regard if she's being placed in leadership positions.
Ebisu is in charge of Team Ebisu which is Konohamaru, Moegi, and Udon.
Does that make Ebisu an Elite as well?

IzanagiSageKunai

Her genjutsu skill is only second to Itachi

Which puts her ahead of 99%of the Uchiha clan in terms of genjutsu

Which, btw, is the reason suna nin were told not to fight Uchiha alone.

So, yuh, she bad and she an elite, now sit down
Could also Argue that Kakashi or Jiraiya are #2 to Itachi.
Imo Kakashi's Sharingan Genjutsu is better than Kurenais and Jiraiya's Frog Song as well.

Six Paths Scaling

i mean literally by the Chunin Exam Hiashi already pointed out that Neji has surpassed the Hyuga clan in its entirety

P1 Neji would give any P1 Jonin a run for their money, and can already beat a bunch of them such as Zabuza, Haku, Ebisu. Kurenai, etc. So saying by the War Arc Neji is elite Jonin is pretty fair

charles101

Not to be a dick about this Kurenai statement, but is there any other notable Genjutsu user in Konoha other than her? It's not that hard to be the strongest on that field, when noone else uses it.

Billybags

P1 Neji would give any P1 Jonin a run for their money, and can already beat a bunch of them such as Zabuza, Haku, Ebisu. Kurenai, etc.
I agree the War Arc neji is elite. But P1 Neji, in a rage, got blitzed by several jonin, including Kurenai. Kurenai even keeping up in the fight vs Kisame and Itachi is more than enough proof she thrashes P1Neji. Zabuzu also absolutely murdered Kakashi in their first fight. P1 Neji and even early P2 Neji isn't fucking with Zabuza. Haku, ehhh, idk how I feel about that, but yeah he probably beats Ebisu.

2 tired special jonin took on the sound 4 and exhausted them. Neji barely beat just 1 of the sound 4. Definitely doesn't make him jonin level in part one.

Vivo Diez

Based off of Hiashi's feats, he is probably more or less equal to p1 Kakashi. Which means Neji= p1 Kakashi. And I disagree with the Asuma thing. I feel like you are overselling him a bit. He got mid diffed against Hidan, who a tired Kakashi with a kunai was able to keep up with. This means Hidan most definitely isn't Kage tier. He's Elite Jonin at the most. Also you would have a hard time convincing me a healthy neji wouldn't have done even better in the same situation.
Nah, Kakashi and Gai were in a different league from the other jonins, this was true even in Pt 1.

wibisana

still newbie
so, what about that Spider guy Neji beat in Part 1? is he Chunin or Jounin level?
with lvl 3 curse pretty sure that spider guy is low/mid tier jounin level, and Neji beat them in Part 1.

after time skip, even if we asume Neji didnt improve much, id say he is high lvl jounin.

then again power inflation and stuff should get considered

Vivo Diez

so, what about that Spider guy Neji beat in Part 1? is he Chunin or Jounin level?
with lvl 3 curse pretty sure that spider guy is low/mid tier jounin level, and Neji beat them in Part 1.

after time skip, even if we asume Neji didnt improve much, id say he is high lvl jounin.

then again power inflation and stuff should get considered
Considering the 4 of them struggled fighting two nerfed/tired mid tier jonins, I wouldn't put Kidomaru at jonin.

Top Bottom