• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Is War Arc Neji an elite jounin?

Soldierofficial

Nah, she's elite.

She was placed in charge of a genin team immediately after her promotion.

Hey judgement and skills are definitely in high regard if she's being placed in leadership positions.

She is not, any Jonin can have a genin team, she has no portrayal or feats to prove that she is Elite Jonin, she is one of the weakest Jonin we ever seen.

weegee22

Hiashi one-shotted Kumo's head jounin.

WA Neji is in the same tier, so elite Jounin it is.

Still salty about his death.

Ultrafragor

She is not, any Jonin can have a genin team, she has no portrayal or feats to prove that she is Elite Jonin, she is one of the weakest Jonin we ever seen.

Her genjutsu skill is only second to Itachi

Which puts her ahead of 99%of the Uchiha clan in terms of genjutsu

Which, btw, is the reason suna nin were told not to fight Uchiha alone.

So, yuh, she bad and she an elite, now sit down

Hayumi

A Rare Beauty
Yes. He would beat p1 Kurenai, Asuma, and arguably p1 Kakashi. He's equal to Hiashi who is most definitely elite jonin tier.

dergeist

Her genjutsu skill is only second to Itachi

Which puts her ahead of 99%of the Uchiha clan in terms of genjutsu

Which, btw, is the reason suna nin were told not to fight Uchiha alone.

So, yuh, she bad and she an elite, now sit down
The bold is nonsense.

OT: Obito, Madara and Nagato solod dozens to thousands of ninja of a single move and took their time. Hiashi Hyuga solod a few dozen or so in a split second, off of 1 jutsu. He praised Neji and trained him to a high level. Neji slapped away the Jyubi's tail along with Hiashi off 1 rotation iirc. There's no way Neji isn't elite Jonin level, even though he lost to a tooth pick for a shitty pairing.

Shazam

⚡⚡⚡
Asuma and Neji would be an excellent fight that Asuma wins due to experience

Kurenai was a newly made Jounin at the start of the series... she is not elite

Kakashi and Gai is the bench mark - Zabuza.

Ultrafragor

The bold is nonsense.

OT: Obito, Madara and Nagato solod dozens to thousands of ninja of a single move and took their time. Hiashi Hyuga solod a few dozen or so in a split second, off of 1 jutsu. He praised Neji and trained him to a high level. Neji slapped away the Jyubi's tail along with Hiashi off 1 rotation iirc. There's no way Neji isn't elite Jonin level, even though he lost to a tooth pick for a shitty pairing.

You can't change the truth by saying "I don't wanna believe it"

Yes he is.
With how much stronger Neji is compared to fodder Jonin, and the fact he can probably kill Kurenai who is stated to have the best Genjutsu in the leaf(bar the Uchiha probably) so there is no way he isn't an elite Jonin. We've also seen Hiashi(Kyubi cloak or not I don't remember) blast Jubi tails away with Juken and block them with Kaiten..

The Leaf is known as the strongest of the 5, and Kakashi bar 7G Gai is the strongest Jonin in the Leaf. I'm pretty sure the War arc portrays Asuma above Hiashi/Hizashi and therefore probably Neji as well, but even if Asuma's stronger than them it's probably not by too much.

Kakashi's fame comes from the 3T, and while Kakashi is stronger than Asuma, there still clearly comparable power-wise.

3T Kakashi > Asuma > Hiashi/Hizashi/Neji > Kurenai > Average Jonin.

What it comes to down to is the Akatsuki are an S Rank group and while Hidan is the weakest member he is still Low Kage/Elite Jonin level. And while Asuma did get killed, he still manged to put up a fight against an arguably Low Kage level threat, and Asuma probably cannot low/mid diff Neji so that's just more evidence Neji is elite Jonin level.

Hayumi

A Rare Beauty
Yes he is.
With how much stronger Neji is compared to fodder Jonin, and the fact he can probably kill Kurenai who is stated to have the best Genjutsu in the leaf(bar the Uchiha probably) so there is no way he isn't an elite Jonin. We've also seen Hiashi(Kyubi cloak or not I don't remember) blast Jubi tails away with Juken and block them with Kaiten..

The Leaf is known as the strongest of the 5, and Kakashi bar 7G Gai is the strongest Jonin in the Leaf. I'm pretty sure the War arc portrays Asuma above Hiashi/Hizashi and therefore probably Neji as well, but even if Asuma's stronger than them it's probably not by too much.

Kakashi's fame comes from the 3T, and while Kakashi is stronger than Asuma, there still clearly comparable power-wise.

3T Kakashi > Asuma > Hiashi/Hizashi/Neji > Kurenai > Average Jonin.

What it comes to down to is the Akatsuki are an S Rank group and while Hidan is the weakest member he is still Low Kage/Elite Jonin level. And while Asuma did get killed, he still manged to put up a fight against an arguably Low Kage level threat, and Asuma probably cannot low/mid diff Neji so that's just more evidence Neji is elite Jonin level.
Based off of Hiashi's feats, he is probably more or less equal to p1 Kakashi. Which means Neji= p1 Kakashi. And I disagree with the Asuma thing. I feel like you are overselling him a bit. He got mid diffed against Hidan, who a tired Kakashi with a kunai was able to keep up with. This means Hidan most definitely isn't Kage tier. He's Elite Jonin at the most. Also you would have a hard time convincing me a healthy neji wouldn't have done even better in the same situation.

Top Bottom