If the Edo Akatsuki were Kabuto's trump card..

Quanta314159265

Hypothetical scenario:

Kabuto doesn't manage to get Edo Madara in the war arc.

Instead, he deploys Nagato (full mobility restored), Itachi (who somehow can't be affected by Koto Amatsukami), and Deidara (whom Kabuto assumes direct control in order to be able to prep/spam C3,C4,C0) to eliminate the Shinobi alliance and to capture Naruto / Bee. He'll enter the battle in SM if needed.

Everything else remains the same.

How would the war arc play out?

GrandBenja

Kabuto doesn't manage to get Edo Madara in the war arc.
In canon, Zetsu led Kabuto to Madara's body, in order to get Edo Madara into the war. What was he doing in your scenario?
Itachi (who somehow can't be affected by Koto Amatsukami)
Why wouldn't Kotoamatsukami work? Samehada's entire strategy relied on using it on Edo Itachi in order to break Madara free of Kabuto's control, and to bring Orochimaru back into the war. That's the reason she led Naruto to Itachi. What was she doing in your scenario?

The problem I have with your scenario is that you're assuming the two main "masterminds" behind the war didn't take the steps to fulfil their goals.
Did they make other plans instead? Surely Zetsu wouldn't just give up on reviving Kaguya.

Quanta314159265

In canon, Zetsu led Kabuto to Madara's body, in order to get Edo Madara into the war. What was he doing in your scenario?

Why wouldn't Kotoamatsukami work? Samehada's entire strategy relied on using it on Edo Itachi in order to break Madara free of Kabuto's control, and to bring Orochimaru back into the war. That's the reason she led Naruto to Itachi. What was she doing in your scenario?

The problem I have with your scenario is that you're assuming the two main "masterminds" behind the war didn't take the steps to fulfil their goals.
Did they make other plans instead? Surely Zetsu wouldn't just give up on reviving Kaguya.
Let's say they are now both obedient to Obito who didn't about Madara/Kaguya. Koto doesn't work in this scenario because the cooldown is in effect/the Mangekyo was destroyed somehow in the Pain fight.

GrandBenja

Let's say they are now both obedient to Obito who didn't about Madara/Kaguya. Koto doesn't work in this scenario because the cooldown is in effect/the Mangekyo was destroyed somehow in the Pain fight.
If Samehada were loyal to Obito, Bee would be captured before the war even starts.

I'm sure you will agree that Obito's idea to have Kisame infiltrate the alliance was, at best, convoluted. He ordered Kisame to miss an opportunity to capture Bee, and fake his death in order to get information that will… help Obito capture Bee. "Don't capture Bee now, so that I can try to capture him after the war starts."
Obito didn't get this "brilliant" idea on his own; he was under Samehada's genjutsu's influence the whole time. Samehada tricked Obito into giving Kisame the order to infiltrate the alliance, so that she could fake Kisame's death (twice) and get access to Naruto.

Without Samehada's plotting, Bee gets captured during the Kage Summit. Without Bee's and Samehada's (who was impersonating Kushina in Naruto's mind) help, Naruto doesn't tame the Kyūbi on the island turtle. Meaning Naruto wouldn't get the ability to detect the shape-shifting Zetsu. He wouldn't be able to share the Kyūbi's chakra with his allies (notably Kakashi) either.

The alliance wouldn't have any chance of winning the war in your scenario. It would come down to a duel between Kabuto (whatever his plans may be) and Obito.

Quanta314159265

If Samehada were loyal to Obito, Bee would be captured before the war even starts.

I'm sure you will agree that Obito's idea to have Kisame infiltrate the alliance was, at best, convoluted. He ordered Kisame to miss an opportunity to capture Bee, and fake his death in order to get information that will… help Obito capture Bee. "Don't capture Bee now, so that I can try to capture him after the war starts."
Obito didn't get this "brilliant" idea on his own; he was under Samehada's genjutsu's influence the whole time. Samehada tricked Obito into giving Kisame the order to infiltrate the alliance, so that she could fake Kisame's death (twice) and get access to Naruto.

Without Samehada's plotting, Bee gets captured during the Kage Summit. Without Bee's and Samehada's (who was impersonating Kushina in Naruto's mind) help, Naruto doesn't tame the Kyūbi on the island turtle. Meaning Naruto wouldn't get the ability to detect the shape-shifting Zetsu. He wouldn't be able to share the Kyūbi's chakra with his allies (notably Kakashi) either.

The alliance wouldn't have any chance of winning the war in your scenario. It would come down to a duel between Kabuto (whatever his plans may be) and Obito.
ah okay. Anyway, Samehada probably has other schemes and genjutsus that would work with my scenario

Top Bottom