• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • LL
    Check out The Lifestyle Lounge Short Stories Competition!
    Deadline is July 26th, 2021 midnight, UCT..
  • More languages + Cat Dank + Tooltip Feature for Reactions were added ! (see preferences) More to come!
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Hunter X Hunter Feats - Overlooked Speed Feats

ChaosTheory123

Bored with This
Spoiler:
Here's a couple speed feats that have been overlooked or at least forgotten if they were ever actually looked at

First being?

End of Yorknew/Beginning of Greed Island Gon's Speed

About as cut and dry as there has ever been a feat for being "faster than the eye" (Gon even alludes to as much). Basically, Gon is so fast the fucker can't see him move, nor does he see his card was taken until Gon speaks about him being unable to see him move.

that no one actually moved from the start of the sequence to the end of it from their original position of on panel introduction.

So, now the calc

Spoiler:

You're probably wondering while I don't just scale from

That's due to the weird sloped perspective, thus I'm being a bit more roundabout to get around it

Gon = 410 pixels

Distance to Guy 1 = 1426 pixels

Distance to Guy 1/Gon = 3.478

Gon = 1.54 meters (official height)

Distance to Guy 1 = 5.356 meters

Spoiler:

Distance to Guy 1 = 563 pixels

Distance Between Killua = 940 pixels

Distance Between Killua/Distance to Guy 1 = 1.67

Distance Between Killua = 8.945 meters

Spoiler:

So, unlike normal?

I don't need to do anything for angular size

I can use the distance I derived between Killua and the fatass to figure out the angular scale of the image instead

Which was kind of annoying to do, but I did it.

Killua = 241 pixels (1.58 meters) (4.41 degrees)
Guy = 459 pixels (1.7 meters) (8.401 degrees)

Guy/Killua = 1.905

Plug them in yourself

Use the corresponding heights with the corresponding degrees, then subtract the pair of distances you've derived and you'll end up with the 8.945 meters I got above for the distance between the guy and Killua

Total Distance Gon Traveled = 20.518 meters

Time Frame = 0.00833 seconds (at 1/120th of a second)

End of Yorknew/Beginning of Greed Island Gon's Speed = 2,463 m/s or mach 7.238

Next?

End of Greed Island/Beginning of Chimera Ant Killua's Speed

Notice, his arm moves about 1/6th a circumference between firing the bolt and it reaching the Chimera Ant Soldier.

So he's moving some decent fraction the speed of his lightning in Base

Spoiler:

Killua = 128 pixels

Arm Movement Diameter = 162 pixels

Lightning = 1300 pixels

Arm Movement Diameter/Killua = 1.266

Lightning/Killua = 10.156

Killua = 1.58 meters (official height)

Arm Movement Diameter = 2 meters

Half Circumference = (PId)/2

d = Arm Movement Diameter

Arm Movement Half Circumference = 3.14 meters

Of the 180 degrees of movement made (hence half circumference), Killua from our skewed perspective appears as if he moved about 60 degrees (1/3rd the half circumference)

Killua's Arm Movement = 3.14/3 = 1.0467 meters

Lightning = 16.046 meters

Killua's Arm Movement/Lightning = 0.0652

Lightning = 150,000 m/s

End of Greed Island/Beginning of Chimera Ant Killua's Speed = 9,780 m/s or mach 28.74

Now some of you fuckers may ask "Chaos, why do you think this is real electricity in speed?"

Other than from Meruem converting his own into fucking Photons?

real electrical power sources. When his gathered charge runs out, he can no longer turn his Aura into electricity.

Final Tally

End of Yorknew/Beginning of Greed Island Gon's Speed = 2,463 m/s

End of Greed Island/Beginning of Chimera Ant Killua's Speed = 9,780 m/s

ChaosTheory123

Bored with This
Good shit, Chaos.

Have to do still when I can bother

Its worth doing if only because the conjured darts in base and his Kanmaru's able to make him as fast or once activated

Well, worth doing for that, and the fact the image tells us exactly how far into his Nen Aura the flea bullet needs to penetrate before he reacted to it... and it's a piddling 1/4th to 1/5th the

KilluaThunder

Gon would only have to travel the distance to the guy in the timeframe of his perception.
And why 1/120? The human eye can only perceive in 13ms

OrlandoSky

Gon would only have to travel the distance to the guy in the timeframe of his perception.
And why 1/120? The human eye can only perceive in 13ms
the frame rate for the human eye has been a much debated topic for years which varied between 1/100th of a second to 1/220th of a second. But I've seen current science posts saying that it's generally 1/30th to 1/60th of a second.

Personally I feel like blitzing feats like this are hard to distinguish between whether said character is moving faster than a human eye can distinguish (1/30th-1/1220th of a second) or if the character is just moving too fast for the other character to simply react to (1/5th to 1/10th of a second) the end result is seemingly the same (the other "normal human" character gets blitzed before they can react properly so how do you tell the difference.)

KilluaThunder

the frame rate for the human eye has been a much debated topic for years which varied between 1/100th of a second to 1/220th of a second. But I've seen current science posts saying that it's generally 1/30th to 1/60th of a second.

Personally I feel like blitzing feats like this are hard to distinguish between whether said character is moving faster than a human eye can distinguish (1/30th-1/1220th of a second) or if the character is just moving too fast for the other character to simply react to (1/5th to 1/10th of a second) the end result is seemingly the same (the other "normal human" character gets blitzed before they can react properly so how do you tell the difference.)
Yeah. Ultimately, the 1/220 timeframe was related to sensibility of LIGHTNESS, the subjects were put in a completely dark room, and a bright thing was shown in a very short timeframe. It does not scale to normal perception with regular brightness.

In this case, gon outright the guy could not see his movements, so it's fair to assume his eyes were blitzed, not only the reaction.

Top Bottom