• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

How different One Piece would be if it debut in today's time instead of 1997?

blueWaves

Just a question that popped in my mind. Instead of 1997, One Piece would start in the fresh year of 2021. How different do you think the series would be? Examples being would the earlier arcs be shorter or longer? Would Luffy gain or lose more crew members? Would the big bad antagonists arrive earlier in the story? Things like that and more.

Kobe

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█
Today's kids are attention-deficient. Slow-paced East Blue would probably be the end of ratings. Oda would have to rush with the story.

Soca

Kawaii as Fuck
Super Moderator
The anime would have to be a LOT more flashier and shorter to get attention.

I imagine whatever the pace they have planned for the One Piece live series is probably what Oda would have to use.

9TalesOfDestruction

I hate filler
If it's like MHA then it would probably end in 5 years with a sped up plot and all the crew and side characters would disappear and have wasted all the early character development. It'd go from eastblue straight to wano lol.

Kurozumi

R.I.P. Kanjuro
Silhouettes of Yonkou, Shichibukai and Admirals within the first 5 chapters. And a general outline on the poneglyphs early on instead of the first ~150 chpters without any tidbits.

Last edited:

Muah

HADE BARA BOGE PYA
i figure it would be like post timeskip. One piece is a 90's anime and that's why it was successful. Luffy looks like a girl compared to his original design. his design isn't even unique any more he looks like a baby face goku,

Perrin

Today's kids are attention-deficient. Slow-paced East Blue would probably be the end of ratings. Oda would have to rush with the story.
Slow paced?
In 100 chapters we went through loads!
Morgan, Buggy, Kuro, Krieg, Mihawk, Arlong, Smoker. Five crewmates. And 1/3 of the total voyage distance from Orange town to the end of the new world.
If the pace kept up at EB rate Luffy and Crew would have completed the grandline at 300 chapters.

Draco Bolton

We would have had lots of weird colored characters in East Blue, lots of 30-foot tall characters.

Shanks with potentially non-humans in his crew :monkathink

Draco Bolton

The dude has a monkey 🐒
I'm more talking about species here:ufdup

Not fodders animals. Btw it's just one, probably a pet, it can still be tolerated.

And perhaps it's a tool of propaganda for Shanks

"Look I'm not racist, I can accept non-human in my crew. Look this monkey:shroomslander"

:hm

Top Bottom