How can Sakura speed up her training?

Insipidipity

Ignostic Buddhist
Given she needs a way to grow thatll let her keep up with her teammates, are there any shortcuts for her to grow?

Here's the things she has going for her:
1. Talent
2. Chakra control
3. Intelligence - Brightest Kunoichi in the leaf
4. Genjutsu type.

How could she combine this to work to her advantage?

The only thing I could come up with would be some sort of self mind warp using genjutsu kinda like Tsukiyomi.

She could just use her sheer talent with chakra and intelligence to learn things faster, but that won't work forever. What else could potentially speed up her growth rate by at least 5x?

Or she could invent some genjutsu that is actually useful instead of the "Oh, by the way, I'm using an illusion on you in an incredibly obvious way" that everyone else seems to use.

I mean, the best use of genjutsu in the whole serious was probably when Kakashi used it to make Sakura think Sasuke was dying. If Sakura would start using genjutsu (first step - if you're a genjutsu type, USE THE DAMN GENJUTSU) that, instead of creating weird nightmare worlds, would simply fool the opponent in subtle ways...

I'm thinkin' Roadrunner myself.

"Ha ha, I'm escaping through these trees!"
*WHAM*
"Ha ha. Pwned by brick wall."

Due to her intelligence and skill in chakra control, I don't really think she needs any shortcut method. She does need to branch out in the types of attacks she can do, though. She also needs to build her chakra/stamina. If only Kakashi would actually teach her something...

I'm still trying to work out what he meant when he said he "taught [her] genjutsu".

But yea, she might not need any shortcut, but given Kishimoto, I just figured he'd have to develop one. It'd be ghetto if
Spoiler:
Naruto and Sasuke had ways of accelerating their already ridiculous growth rates and Sakura catches up to them without one

Sakura doesnt need any special training because she will never need a super attack super move because that not her role in Naruto. Her specialty is close combat attacks and her attacks already do enough damage. She also a medic and all she can really improve is her speed of healing.

She won't gain super speed since Tsunade doesn't have it. And she won't be attacking like that anyway since it is kind of common in any comic, someone with super strength will never possess super speed, when they are known for this super strenth especially.

ALl she needs to do is be able to heal fast and heal others fast and that is it.

There's no way to catch up at his point besides taking drugs or learning a genjutsu near as powerful as Tsukuyomi. The latter I doubt since that would make her probably the most powerful ninja in the series and I don't see how she would make a genjutsu that powerful, so I would go for taking drugs/steroids/speed.

Sho said:
There's no way to catch up at his point besides taking drugs or learning a genjutsu near as powerful as Tsukuyomi. The latter I doubt since that would make her probably the most powerful ninja in the series and I don't see how she would make a genjutsu that powerful, so I would go for taking drugs/steroids/speed.
Well I'm still waiting for an S-ranked genjutsu. Since Kurenai's only shown off a B ranked one, and Shodai only used an A-ranked one, I'm curious what an S-ranked one would be like. We've seen our fair share of S-ranked ninjutsu, it's about time to see the genjutsu equivalent.

It would be useful because genjutsu can play heavily as a supporting role and a midranged attack(which would be good since she already has a close ranged attack)

No offense, Sakura fans and cast, but

Spoiler:
Sakura sucks

She is good on genjutsu, but is poor on ninjutsu and taijutsu. Look man, If you think she can speed up her training, then it will

Spoiler:
ruin the show

Spoiler:
shes already proven her strength against sasori RIP so all thats left for her to become the next tsunade is natural growth with time.

naruto and sasuke have to go beyond that level so they get crazy drugs and demons and seals and shit.

i do foster a growing hope about her genjutsu specialty though.
I want her to pull an s-rank genjutsu out of nowhere when we arnt expecting it and be able to back it up because its been mentioned through out the entire series. If she never learns one after all the hint dropping that will be lame.

Firedraconian said:
"Ha ha, I'm escaping through these trees!"
*WHAM*
"Ha ha. Pwned by brick wall."

:haha

Kenshin Himura said:

Spoiler:
Sakura sucks

She is good on genjutsu, but is poor on ninjutsu and taijutsu. Look man, If you think she can speed up her training, then it will

Spoiler:
ruin the show

WHAt are you smoking lol she is one of the best at taijutsu int the villge how do you think she can hit so hard. her power is second to none to tsunade. and she is a good medical ninja she hardly sucks.

Insipidipity said:
Well I'm still waiting for an S-ranked genjutsu. Since Kurenai's only shown off a B ranked one, and Shodai only used an A-ranked one, I'm curious what an S-ranked one would be like. We've seen our fair share of S-ranked ninjutsu, it's about time to see the genjutsu equivalent.

It would be useful because genjutsu can play heavily as a supporting role and a midranged attack(which would be good since she already has a close ranged attack)

I thought the same thing. I thought that Sakura would be the one of her team to be able to use genjutsus well, and that would be what would put her on the same level as the other two, but that was blown away by chapter 301. Not only can Sasuke do genjutsu, but he's the first of the rookie 9 (including Sakura) who's shown he's even capable of doing it. This came as a shock to me since I would have figured that Sakura would be the one to do so, considering her affinity for it.

This is why I no longer see genjutsu as Sakura's clear advantage over her teammates. Perhaps she could get Naruto captured in one, but Sasuke can do the same thing, and not to mention, he has an automatic defense against it. And the only genjutsu at this point that should be able to seriously defeat Sasuke's, Kakashi's, or Itachi's Sharingan is Tsukuyomi. So unless if Sakura creates a genjutsu as powerful as Tsukuyomi (which would probably make her the strongest character in Naruto), I don't really see how it would put her on the same level as Sasuke.

I think what people need to think about is this:

What exactly do you mean by "catch up" to her teammates?

If you mean by overall as a ninja, Sakura should be around their general level since she's one of the best in medic ninjutsu as well as being decent in fighting, whereas her teammates are incredible in fighting, and none-existent in medic ninjutsu. She's a decent fighter, but her true strength is support skills. Naruto and Sasuke are excellent fighters, but they are not really as good in support.

However if you mean "catch up" as in being able to defeat strong opponents, I think what you need to think is what exactly does she have that can bypass Sasuke's Sharingan? Sasuke is pretty much the most well rounded of the former rookies, so he should be the standard for her. What exactly does Sakura have that can potentially defeat Sasuke, or at least put her on the same level as him? If she can potentially defeat him, then she could potentially defeat anyone and therefore be considered on their level. However, if in the future, she doesn't have anything to at least compete with Sasuke in a fight, then that means she simply won't be on their overall level.

So I guess what you need to ask is "what can Sakura learn that can compete with Sasuke?" If you can answer that, then that should be the answer to how she'll be able to catch up.

The_Green_ Beast Rock lee said:
WHAt are you smoking lol she is one of the best at taijutsu int the villge how do you think she can hit so hard. her power is second to none to tsunade. and she is a good medical ninja she hardly sucks.

yea, but in pre timeskip its different

Sho said:
However if you mean "catch up" as in being able to defeat strong opponents, I think what you need to think is what exactly does she have that can bypass Sasuke's Sharingan? Sasuke is pretty much the most well rounded of the former rookies, so he should be the standard for her. What exactly does Sakura have that can potentially defeat Sasuke, or at least put her on the same level as him? If she can potentially defeat him, then she could potentially defeat anyone and therefore be considered on their level. However, if in the future, she doesn't have anything to at least compete with Sasuke in a fight, then that means she simply won't be on their overall level.

So I guess what you need to ask is "what can Sakura learn that can compete with Sasuke?" If you can answer that, then that should be the answer to how she'll be able to catch up.
True, all very good points about Sasuke's genjutsu and catching up and whatnot.
Here's what I'm thinking though, genjutsu should potentially be able to affect even the Sharingan. However, as Itachi said, a jutsu of the level Kurenai used(B-rank genjutsu) wouldn't work. Given that he didn't say anything about requiring a specific jutsu(Tsukiyomi), rather, he referred to the level of jutsu, it would seem A-rank would at least be semieffective against the Sharingan. And S-rank would surpass it completely. At that point, it will fulfill the Sannin trade off of Slug > Snake > Frog > Slug because Sakura can put Sasuke in a genjutsu, but Naruto could likely counter it by causing her to waste it on his Kage Bunshin. However, Sasuke's sharingan could potentially see through Kage Bunshin allowing him to defeat it.

Sho said:
Some special jutsu to neutralize the Sharingan, just as the Sharingan neutralized the Kyuubi. That would complete the circle and let Sakura compete against both Sasuke and Itachi, the two shinobi in the world whom she most wants to defeat. Of course, it would only be useful against three (or four or five) living ninja, so it would be a realistic special ability that wouldn't make Sakura suddenly ungodly powerful.

Ah yes, I forgot about Sasuke Neutering the Kyubi. So that plus seeing through Kage Bunshin are both his advantages and indeed completes the circle.

I don't see why she couldn't be ungodly powerful. Naruto will supposedly be. Sasuke seems to be on his way as well. Given the amount of hinting of them being the next Sannin, it would only make sense that she also be quite unstoppable short of someone like Shikamaru having the brains to break out somehow.
I mean it's not as though Itachi wasn't already getting all the credit to beat everyone without a Sharingan due to Tsukiyomi, why wouldn't Sakura, a far more main character, have one just as well?

Ways of breaking out of it could be similar to Gai's method. Or like I said, using a Kage Bunshin to waste the chakra. Or something Shika can come up with. No jutsu, no matter how strong, is completely unavoidable.

She won't gain super speed since Tsunade doesn't have it. And she won't be attacking like that anyway since it is kind of common in any comic, someone with super strength will never possess super speed, when they are known for this super strenth especially.
I think Tsunade does, but her last fight didn't really give her a chance to show it due to the circumstances of her being out of fighting. Super strength often enables super speed if used wisely. Heck speed and strength also seem to go hand in hand(Gai and Kisame). Just using her explosive leg strength to leap up could be shifted to leap forward at unparalleled speed. The ability to jump up 1000 feet(and holding a giant dagger nonetheless) requires you to take off at such ridiculous initial speed is proof of her super speed.

Lets face it. Sakura ain't going anywhere with herself. She'll remain useless and bitching for the rest of her life.

OHHSSs NOOEESS. Negative rep here I come.

Kenshin Himura said:

Spoiler:
Sakura sucks

Spoiler:
ruin the show

wow kid you dont even know what the hell you are talking about. if she speed up her training how does that ruin the show? and she is a good ninja imo. if you dont read the manga than you dont know what you are talking about kid.

Sakura is already training at a good rate. She studies hard and pratcies medicine, her specialty. She just has to meet more experts at genjutsu (Kurenai) since she already worked with Tsunade and maybe learn an S-rank jutsu or at least A-rank.

Marsala said:
Some special jutsu to neutralize the Sharingan, just as the Sharingan neutralized the Kyuubi. That would complete the circle and let Sakura compete against both Sasuke and Itachi, the two shinobi in the world whom she most wants to defeat. Of course, it would only be useful against three (or four or five) living ninja, so it would be a realistic special ability that wouldn't make Sakura suddenly ungodly powerful.

That would make sense if there is such a thing. But still, she would need something more than that since Sasuke has loads of jutsus from Orochimaru and he's still much more faster than her. I mean, what's the point if he could just easily slice off her head at any moment?

She needs some speed training in the worst way though, IMO.

Insipidipity said:
True, all very good points about Sasuke's genjutsu and catching up and whatnot.
Here's what I'm thinking though, genjutsu should potentially be able to affect even the Sharingan. However, as Itachi said, a jutsu of the level Kurenai used(B-rank genjutsu) wouldn't work. Given that he didn't say anything about requiring a specific jutsu(Tsukiyomi), rather, he referred to the level of jutsu, it would seem A-rank would at least be semieffective against the Sharingan. And S-rank would surpass it completely. At that point, it will fulfill the Sannin trade off of Slug > Snake > Frog > Slug because Sakura can put Sasuke in a genjutsu, but Naruto could likely counter it by causing her to waste it on his Kage Bunshin. However, Sasuke's sharingan could potentially see through Kage Bunshin allowing him to defeat it.

I think at this point only an S-rank genjutsu would be able to affect Sasuke or Kakashi. I don't think any ranked genjutsu--not even Tsukuyomi--could affect Itachi since I consider him the god of genjutsu. But Sasuke and Kakashi are already at such a high level with the Sharingan that I think only S-rank genjutsus will be able to defeat them (or Tsukuyomi), seeing as how powerful their Sharingan is already.

If Sakura does have a genjutsu that can compete against Sasuke, then I think it should be either an area effect genjutsu (like Kabuto's Temple of Nirvana) or a sound-based genjutsu like Tayuya's. I'm not sure if it'll do any good, but it would be smarter than trying to attack with a sight based genjutsu.

But still, I don't see how it would put her on his overall level in fighting ability. Sasuke is meant to be the one to break the strongest genjutsu ever by the end of the series (Tsukuyomi), so I don't see what any other genjutsu would do to even come close to that, or affect him after that point. She would need something else besides that.

Sho said:
I think at this point only an S-rank genjutsu would be able to affect Sasuke or Kakashi. I don't think any ranked genjutsu--not even Tsukuyomi--could affect Itachi since I consider him the god of genjutsu. But Sasuke and Kakashi are already at such a high level with the Sharingan that I think only S-rank genjutsus will be able to defeat them (or Tsukuyomi), seeing as how powerful their Sharingan is already.

If Sakura does have a genjutsu that can compete against Sasuke, then I think it should be either an area effect genjutsu (like Kabuto's Temple of Nirvana) or a sound-based genjutsu like Tayuya's. I'm not sure if it'll do any good, but it would be smarter than trying to attack with a sight based genjutsu.

But still, I don't see how it would put her on his overall level in fighting ability. Sasuke is meant to be the one to break the strongest genjutsu ever by the end of the series (Tsukuyomi), so I don't see what any other genjutsu would do to even come close to that, or affect him after that point. She would need something else besides that.
Actually being the person who mentioned Kurenai's genjutsu level, I think Itachi in specific would be someone who could be affected by an S-ranked genjutsu.

While I don't think a sight based genjutsu would work(a sound based one was said to be best anyways), an area of effect one would probably be a bad idea too because as we saw with Kabuto's A-ranked, the more area it affects, the more likely it is to be easier to counter.

The thing about Tsukiyomi is that Sasuke is meant to break it because it's specifically a Sharingan genjutsu. The Sharingan isn't just good for resisting it because of the genjutsu resistance, but more because it's from the same bloodline. Something like a sound genjutsu would be virtually unbreakable by the Sharingan(how is it going to counter something as invisible as sound?) in addition to not being from the same bloodline. I think that's precisely why Sakura's genjutsu would be useful.

well one thing you need to add to her list of things going for her is that she is becoming the apprentice of one of the greatest ninja in hidden leaf history who also happens to be the greatest kunoichi of all time which means she has access to all of tsunade's techniques like her body manipulation jutsus and the Genesis of Rebirth which would be a major trump card for her to use in a fight

Sho said:
That would make sense if there is such a thing. But still, she would need something more than that since Sasuke has loads of jutsus from Orochimaru and he's still much more faster than her. I mean, what's the point if he could just easily slice off her head at any moment?

She needs some speed training in the worst way though, IMO.
Speed is one of those things that is very inconsistent in manga, though. All Sakura needs is a line about how "chakra control gives super-speed as well as strength," which is plausible since Sakura's burst of speed against Ino was described as using the same process of explosive chakra release that powers her strength.

I hope she does learn some genjutsu. We've seen a lot of ninjutsu already. The only real cool genjutsu was the hax Tsukiyomi.:Itachi

1. always practise her chakra...well she's good in it..
2. she's smart...so she should learn...to improve her skills
3. fill her time with all the above besides hopping 4 sasuke to atleast say hye to her

Yeah, some good genjutsu would be good. I mean, casting illusions on people just has so much potential, but they never seem to use it. So far in genjutsu, we've had one example of someone not realizing it was an illusion, then a veritable storm of "You will fall asleep now", "I will stab you for two days", and "Shh. I'm a tree. Look that way while I cut you."

Not to mention that genjutsu would break the stereotypical DBZ mold of -
"My jutsu breaks rocks."
"Well, mine breaks BIGGER rocks."
"Mine breaks faces WITH rocks."
"Mine blows up planets!"
"Mine blows up galaxies!"

I think she needs seals. She can learn how to form seals against everyone. Naruto, how to temporarily seal the kyuubi. Sasuke, how to seal the cursed seal. If she can completely seal the cursed seal, then that would be an extreme blow against Sasuke. He's plenty powerful without it, yes, but with it, he's even far more powerful. With that sealed, Sakura would do more than her fair share.

Furthermore, we have seen other genjutsu, and high ranked.

Remember when we first met Orochimaru? He used a genjutsu against Sakura and Sasuke that triggered an intense fear reaction. The only way Sasuke countered it is by stabbing himself. Also, Tayuyu also used a genjutsu against Shikimaru, though, that could be filler, I don't remember. But, Orochimaru's was definitely genjutsu. There were 2 genjutsus he used. One was making them see their own death. The other was pure, unadultered, fear of him. I don't believe it was just them sensing Orochimaru's chakra and fearing him because he was so powerful, because, otherwise, they would've done the same with Gaara. And Kiba's squad didn't know how powerful gaara was until they actually saw him in action. Arakamaru knew, but not them.

LordScimitar said:
I think she needs seals. She can learn how to form seals against everyone. Naruto, how to temporarily seal the kyuubi. Sasuke, how to seal the cursed seal. If she can completely seal the cursed seal, then that would be an extreme blow against Sasuke. He's plenty powerful without it, yes, but with it, he's even far more powerful. With that sealed, Sakura would do more than her fair share.
Oh yea, seals would suit her well. That seems to require high levels of intelligence and memorization.

Like the scroll Jiraiya used on black flames.
Besides all the strong people have seals on them. Neji(on his forehead), Naruto(stomach), Sasuke(neck), Gaara(not sure how Shukaku is binded), Tsunade(forehead)

If Kishimoto had wanted Sakura to be a great genjutsu user he would have put her on Kurenai's team. Her ability with genjutsu seemed to come from the fact that she was smart enough to recognize genjutsu and could break them. You never actually saw her cast a genjutsu (if she was going to shouldn't she have put one over her trap in the chuunin exams? The trap that Dosu pointed out sucked). So I'm assuming it was her ability to break genjutsu rather than her ability to cast them that made her a genjutsu type.

It could be that her excellent chakra control makes it easier for her to break genjutsu- genjutsu messes with your chakra. If you have better chakra control it's probably easier to break genjutsu.

And she's been training with Tsunade for nearly three years. Tsunade has shown that she knows one and only one genjutsu- the one that affects her physical appearance. So I supposed Sakura learned that one but not much else genjutsu-wise.

However, the fact that she's so good with breaking genjutsu could end up being the trump card she has over Sasuke.

Back
Top Bottom