House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel)

Ruthless Tsuchikage

I know its part of her hedonistic tendencies but its still really sweet that Rheanyra is a total gall pall about Leanor's um....''preferences.
Spoiler:
And that she's sincerely shaken up by seeing him so distressed after his lover got murdered by Criston.

I guess it helps that they grew up together and are thus quite close.

Ruthless Tsuchikage

I rather like the more muted color scheme in House of the Dragon as compared to Game of Thrones. It implies the show is taking place in the fall, or even the winter which is something we never saw in Game of Thrones. Even with ''winter is coming'' being one of the key slogans the show never depicted winter anywhere except the north. There was a brief bit of snowfall when Jaime left Kingslanding in season 7, but the next season Kingslanding was as Mediterranean and sunny as always.

Nightfall

Spoiler:
Actually like the fact HoTD made Alicent a far more likable character. The Greens needed some sympathetic figures.

Spoiler:
Hmm I think they sort of had IMO... I just think Otto and Alicent blundered terribly with Aegon and Aemond in particular.

It's said that Alicent and Otto really didn't like the action Aemond took against Lucerys. And the fact that Aegon was praising his brother for the deed.

It seems really short sighted.. especially by Otto. In regards to not noticing how Aegond and Aemond were developing as they grew up I mean.

I don't think Aegon is as bad as Aemond though, he's just a bit of a hedonistic moron.. His later injuries probably didn't make his decision making any better either.

pfft

Stoic stonemason
He don't know that for 100% certain. There's always the implication.
Rhaeneyra isn’t an incel rofl. She knows that of all the bitches out there Criston is a decent choice and I’ll tell you why;

She knows he can fight
She chose him over other cunts with titles to be a guard
He has an inherent loyalty to her for it
They have bonded because he’s literally with her all the goddamn time
And he’s maybe the only decently attractive guy who isn’t gay in her vicinity

Only a pathetic man baby would want to kill someone for refusing their advances; princess or no that type of shit is only for men cuz they can’t handle rejection

Rukia

CYBERKONGZ
One thing I don't think is clear from watching the show is how much time has passed. Criston has spent years with Rhaenyra by now. He should have a pretty good sense of her character at this point. Especially because she is often transparent. 100% he should understand he wouldn't have been killed for rejecting Rhaenyra. He was a williing participant in that fling.

And he has now murdered someone at the wedding party. His response to the act was far more despicable than the act itself. It shows how selfish he is tbh.

Nightfall

One thing I don't think is clear from watching the show is how much time has passed. Criston has spent years with Rhaenyra by now. He should have a pretty good sense of her character at this point. Especially because she is often transparent. 100% he should understand he wouldn't have been killed for rejecting Rhaenyra. He was a williing participant in that fling.

And he has now murdered someone at the wedding party. His response to the act was far more despicable than the act itself. It shows how selfish he is tbh.

Rhaenyra wanted to keep it going though and Otto found out about Daemon and Rhaenyra.. in these court games they always look for rumors and scandals to undermine each other. And this younger Rhaenyra isn't savvy enough to keep that truth from coming to light, when neither she or Daemon could hide from Ottos spies in that situation. Nor is her position strong enough to challenge the sexist culture that westeros has in the first place at least not before she's inherited the throne.. At which point she would be more in a position to deal with things. Daemon was exiled for the implication and he's the kings brother.

Cole was just a kingsguard at the end of the day, he might have been safe from Rhaenyra, but not from Viserys.

Rukia

CYBERKONGZ
I am talking about a hypothetical world. One where nothing happens. Rhaenyra kisses Criston and he removes himself from her grasp and leaves the room. He wouldn't be killed by Viserys for that. And Rhaenyra would have simply apologized the next time they saw one another. Criston could have had that! All he had to do was not be a willing participant in the sex.

Not all Velaryons are black lol
The show definitely implies they are. Their whole house is black or mixed and his daughter has pure Valyrian blood and features according to Corlys. If Corlys’ mother was a random Summer Islander and before that their house was white that line wouldn’t really make sense. Also, black people are not the norm in Westeros in the books but nobody has yet to differentiate between the Velaryons or any other noble house in any way.

itsxtray

Rhaenrya told Alicent that her innocence was in tact, regardless of who she lost it to, it was a lie. Alicent told the king that Rhaenrya would never lie and therefore that played a role in the king firing her father. And she is also mad at the king, that’s why she disrespected him by interrupting his 2/10 speech and not wearing the colours of house Targaryen at the feast, why do you think she’s not pissed at the king?

Anyways the thing that concerns Alicent the most is that Rhaenrya’s hold will never be secure while alicent’s sons live. If Rhaenrya becomes queen, she has to put alicent’s sons to death. And that’s what her father warned her about
This is my problem with Otto. He created the situation that he's bitching about by pushing his daughter on Viserys five minutes after Aemma was in the ground.

He says Rhaenyra will have to kill her sons she'll have no choice, you put her and them in that situation dumbass 🙄 and isn't the reverse also true? For Aegon to press his claim with Rhaenyra being named the heir he'll have to kill her and her sons? Like c'mon, dude is so biased it's crazy.

Rukia

CYBERKONGZ
Spoiler: Alicent fate
the number one person Alicent should be cursing on her deathbed is Otto. He is to blame for what ultimately turned out for her to be a miserable life.

if only Otto had been kicked out of Kings Landing sooner. Alicent may have had a chance for happiness. Rhaenyra actually did her a favor.

Nightfall

Spoiler: Alicent fate
the number one person Alicent should be cursing on her deathbed is Otto. He is to blame for what ultimately turned out for her to be a miserable life.

if only Otto had been kicked out of Kings Landing sooner. Alicent may have had a chance for happiness. Rhaenyra actually did her a favor.

Spoiler:
Otto, Viserys and Daemon planted the seeds of what happen originally.. but Alicent and Rhaenyras feud were reflected in how they raised their children. By that time they were grown women who had plenty of agency to change things as well, had they chosen to. So they definitely shoulder a great deal of responsibility as well.

We're talking about a feud that took span over a few decades after all.

Besides there was no reason to kick Otto out of kings landing at that time.

I mean there are plenty of what ifs in the story. But given how the political climate works in this story there's always something "else"

There was no particularly strong diplomatic administrator in that time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom