Hirishin vs. Amaterasu

Would Amaterasu hit Minato?

• Yes, it would.

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • No, Hirishin is too fast.

Votes: 79 87.8%

• Total voters
Unless Minato is constantly teleporting, then it's possible. But he'll have to have it set up beforehand. If not and Itachi gets a chance to focus on him, he just may catch him.
Even if he didn't, I think he'd still get away. I was surprised at how long it took for Amaterasu to catch Sasuke. Minato should have enough time to simply pitch a kunai in another direction.

There is no debate in this. The only ones who argued for Itachi in that thread are the Uchiha tards. Hiraishin is instantaneous movement, Itachi can never dream of touching Minato. By the time Itachi close his eyes to blink, Minato sends a rasengan to his face.

Uh.... it was stated you can't escape from Amaterasu. Hirashin wouldn't make a difference because Amaterasu follow the target until burns it. Sasuke didn't "dodged Amaterasu". His body was in fact hit. But he created a new body with Oro's Oral rebirth that wasn't "cursed" by Amaterasu.

In any case Minato is stronger than Itachi. So if Kishimoto ever did a fight between them probably would make Minato defeat Itachi before he can use Amaterasu or give another jutsu (not Hirashin) capable to counter it just like Sasuke.

Uh.... it was stated you can't escape from Amaterasu. Hirashin wouldn't make a difference because Amaterasu follow the target until burns it. Sasuke didn't "dodged Amaterasu". His body was in fact hit. But he created a new body with Oro's Oral rebirth that wasn't "cursed" by Amaterasu.

In any case Minato is stronger than Itachi. So if Kishimoto ever did a fight between them probably would make Minato defeat Itachi before he can use Amaterasu or give another jutsu (not Hirashin) capable to counter it just like Sasuke.

Stated by who? Itachi himself? Cool, Cell stated he could bust a solar system. Kyuubi was also stated to create tsunamis, Amaterasu was also stated to be hotter than the sun.

Fact is those are merely hyperbole. Amaterasu is not hotter than the sun, it is not instantaneous. Sasuke was able to move away BEFORE it finally reached him. I think we can all agree that Minato is faster than current Sasuke without hiraishin. So he would have more than enough time to create the following:

KB shield
go underground
Kawarami (LOL)
Hirashin

Itachi uses amaterasu, focuses his vision on Minato, Minato teleports to a random place, Itachi's vision focuses on whatever was behind Minato, amaterasu burns random tree, Itachi has no idea where the fuck Minato is so he can't focus on him anymore, amaterasu is wasted.
Way to go Itachi!

People seem to have a lack of understanding about Amaterasu.

Once the jutsu Itachi opens his eye, whatever he focuses his sight on sets alight instantaneously - just as instantaneously as Hiraishin teleports. There is no evidence of any delay between Itachi's eyes focusing on a target and it burning; Sasuke only dodged the jutsu because he started moving before Itachi opened his eye. In fact, Amaterasu probably works more quickly, since it seems to be automatic, whereas Hiraishin requires conscious thought to activate.

Hiraishin isn't too fast for Amaterasu, it's too fast for Itachi's eyes to follow.

Which is why I think the winner of the battle of jutsu depends on the circumstances. In a kind of duel situation, where on the count of three Itachi opens his eye and Yondaime starts Hiraishin, then Amaterasu will probably win. Yondaime would be on fire instantly, whereas he would only teleport after the slight delay it would take his brain to actually activate the jutsu.

In a situation where Yondaime was already teleporting around, or a situation like Sasuke was in, the Hiraishin would obviously win.

I've been saying from the time that Hiraishin was first shown that it was the ultimate defensive technique. Its more effect than any of the "absoltute defense" techniques we've seen.

No matter what kind of move you have its impossible to hit someone who can instantaneously be 10,000 miles away then instantaneously come back when its safe.

And its impossible for the sharignan or any other technique to predict where Hiraishin will end up because there is no movement to follow or predict from. Its teleportation.

People seem to have a lack of understanding about Amaterasu.

Once the jutsu Itachi opens his eye, whatever he focuses his sight on sets alight instantaneously - just as instantaneously as Hiraishin teleports. There is no evidence of any delay between Itachi's eyes focusing on a target and it burning; Sasuke only dodged the jutsu because he started moving before Itachi opened his eye. In fact, Amaterasu probably works more quickly, since it seems to be automatic, whereas Hiraishin requires conscious thought to activate.

Hiraishin isn't too fast for Amaterasu, it's too fast for Itachi's eyes to follow.

Which is why I think the winner of the battle of jutsu depends on the circumstances. In a kind of duel situation, where on the count of three Itachi opens his eye and Yondaime starts Hiraishin, then Amaterasu will probably win. Yondaime would be on fire instantly, whereas he would only teleport after the slight delay it would take his brain to actually activate the jutsu.

In a situation where Yondaime was already teleporting around, or a situation like Sasuke was in, the Hiraishin would obviously win.
Really? Looks like it has travel time to me

fancy shit
fancy shit

It'd follow yondy in circles tell he ran out of chakara and couldn't hiriashin anymore. So it'd take a really long time. This is assuming amatseru is like an infinite homing missile.

How do you even know what Minato's moves are??? I'm sure he can't be that fast. Ameratsu could hit him if he spunn around in circles looking at everything.

How do you even know what Minato's moves are??? I'm sure he can't be that fast. Ameratsu could hit him if he spunn around in circles looking at everything.

Again teleportation is faster than movement and can't be predicted. Minato can literally teleport miles away out of sight.

It is possible that Minato's speed w/o Hiraishin would have been enough. I base this comment on his speed when he ran to save Kakashi (who was using chidori) and caught him before the Iwa-nin could counter.

But yeah, with Hiraishin, there's absolutely no chance Itachi would be able to hit him with Amaterasu.

Itachi gets his throat slit before he even gets to use Amaterasu.
Among ALL characters, the only most knowledgeable about the Uchiha's are Madara and Minato. Minato knew all their secrets.
He planned almost every single jutsu Naruto would need to learn to defeat Madara.
The completed version of Hiraishin will be what tips Naruto over the edge.

hmmm u have a point there buddy, if thats true that is

Did you forget the few pages before where the flames were chasing him?

minato does the following: throwing 2 kunais at places with decent distance from each other. If amaterasu comes close he just teleports to the other kunai and vice verse.
lol thats it, amaterasu is fucked

What the hell are you talking about? Hiraishin is a move we all know he has and we all know its instantaneous. Itachi could spin around all he wants, its no good if Minato is thousands of miles away having ramen.

It's good to know that NF hasn't been overrun by Itachi tards.

When this all started, a few seemed to think Amaterasu would win.

Then again, those same people compared Sasuke's Shunshin to the Hirishin...

Back
Top Bottom