Good News

CipherChris

Ever wondered what Christianity really is ?? People usually say it's just another mindless religion with boring people. However, if u try to understand it you may have a different opinion.

The bible can be summerized in one sentence: God's love for the world.

Suppose that you died right here, right now or the world ended. Where do you think you'll be headed ? Heaven or Hell? Most of us would want to believe that we will go to heaven. Let's take a look at what the reality is:

(you can try to find the verses mentioned on Biblegateway.com for those who do not have a bible)
God is holy (revelations 4:8, Isa 6:1-5), the creator of the world (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1), and loving ( 1 John 4:10, 1 John 4:16)

Humans are created by God, thus created to be perfect (Genesis 1:27), but we disobeyed God and became sinful and have been seperated from God, because we are tainted by evil (Rom. 3:23, Isa 53:6). And the punishment for sin is death (Rom. 6:23 "for the wages of sin is death...").

We try our best in our daily lifes to live a "good" life
We think that by obeying the law (not killing, stealing, etc) , and do good deeds (like contributions to the needy, or community services, etc) will lead us to heaven when we die. THINK again!!!
In Romans 3:23 :"...ALL HAVE sinned and fall short of the glory of God" No amount of good work will get you on God's side. We do the good deeds to make ourselves feel good and we accept credits for it, this is also one of humanities biggest sin: pride in the self. People think their own works with their own effort they can get into heaven, but that is not the case. Over and over again we try to close the gap between us and God, but because of sin the gap is only widening, because we refuse to acknowledge that we did wrong. We try to justify our own actions all the time.

But God did not just leave us alone to die without an answer. Instead He took the first step into reconsiliation with us people. He sent a piece of Himself, His only Son, to become a human on earth. (Luke 22:70, John 1:1-51); Jesus Christ.
Jesus came to earth, born as a poor man, so he can empathize with us. He went through the same pain, and temptations as anyone. The only difference is He lived a sinless life on earth (2 Cor. 5:21, 1 Peter 2:22). Jesus' mission on earth was to reconcile us to God (2 Cor.5:18-19). So, as to overcome the penalty for sin-which was death- Jesus DIED, on the cross, in our place.
Romans 5:16 :"And the free gift is not like the effect of one man's sin. Fro the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brings justification."
He is like a substitute for us, because we have sinned we deserve death, but Jesus paid that price for us.
After 3 days He rose from the dead (Acts 17:31), because He was sinless death has no power over Him. With His resurrection He made it possible for us to also overcome death. He became the path of reconciliation for men to God
Jesus became the way to eternal life
JOHN 3:16 : FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY SON, SO THAT EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM MAY NOT PERISH BUT MAY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

What do you think? Do you want that? Are you ready to believe and follow?
If you are then the first step is to believe that Jesus died for you, the second step to acknowlegde that you have sinned against God and ask Him to forgive you.

I pray that you may find the time to read this Good News that I am sharing with you. If you have any further questions regarding God, eternal life and anything else you are free the e-mail me at : chris_wy11@yahoo.com

Servant of God,
Christopher Cheung

Thats my problem with god, if hes real, hes sending innocent loving people to hell just cause they didnt believe...thats not a god I want to follow. Doesnt seem all caring and loving to me. Surely he can see why people question him, cant he have any remorse and see this?

Insted he dumps them into hell, not dealing with the issue at all.

He isn't going to send all innocent lives to hell. He knows everybody and will judge fairly and accordingly.

o_o; You shouldn't be worried about that aspect. It isn't like all children go to hell because they haven't heard the word of God. lmao

Humans are created by God, thus created to be perfect (Genesis 1:27), but we disobeyed God and became sinful and have been seperated from God, because we are tainted by evil (Rom. 3:23, Isa 53:6).

Wait. So, this god created perfect humans, but these perfect humans disobeyed him? And this made them imperfect? That makes no sense. If they were able to disobey him, then this was part of their original design, and therefore using their ability to disobey wouldn't change them from perfect to imperfect. If this god didn't intend for them to disobey and they did, it means that this god is imperfect.

Basically, you're saying to worship a god who creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes. Lame.

Furthermore, pride is a good thing. You should have pride in yourself and the things that you do.

because we refuse to acknowledge that we did wrong

Did wrong? What did we do wrong? If your god is so loving and understanding, he should understand that some people don't want to worship him and he should love them anyway. Clearly, your god is a selfish, egotistical hypocrite.

acknowlegde that you have sinned against God and ask Him to forgive you

Sinned against god? Who is god to judge us? Even if this god exists and created us, he has no right to tell us what to do. Having free will means you have the right to choose, and if someone chooses to not believe in a god or to be proud in themselves, that's up to them. Ask him to forgive? Humans have done nothing in need of forgiveness. If the gods created the world, they also created evil. If you ask me, they should be the ones apologizing.

I do believe jesus died for me/us, I also believe in god. However I will not become a Christian. Btw dont try to pass this off as reality as you did in your first sentence. Its not reality unless god himself comes down and says so. Every religion thinks that theres is "reality" as well. Having faith is perfectly fine just dont try to pass it off as fact.

And yea I wont follow a god who sends innocent people to "Hell".

Humans are created by God, thus created to be perfect (Genesis 1:27), but we disobeyed God and became sinful and have been seperated from God, because we are tainted by evil (Rom. 3:23, Isa 53:6).

Wait. So, this god created perfect humans, but these perfect humans disobeyed him? And this made them imperfect? That makes no sense. If they were able to disobey him, then this was part of their original design, and therefore using their ability to disobey wouldn't change them from perfect to imperfect. If this god didn't intend for them to disobey and they did, it means that this god is imperfect.

Basically, you're saying to worship a god who creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes. Lame.

Furthermore, pride is a good thing. You should have pride in yourself and the things that you do.

because we refuse to acknowledge that we did wrong

Did wrong? What did we do wrong? If your god is so loving and understanding, he should understand that some people don't want to worship him and he should love them anyway. Clearly, your god is a selfish, egotistical hypocrite.

acknowlegde that you have sinned against God and ask Him to forgive you

Sinned against god? Who is god to judge us? Even if this god exists and created us, he has no right to tell us what to do. Having free will means you have the right to choose, and if someone chooses to not believe in a god or to be proud in themselves, that's up to them. Ask him to forgive? Humans have done nothing in need of forgiveness. If the gods created the world, they also created evil. If you ask me, they should be the ones apologizing.
QFT.

As a slight add-on, I can't help but smile whenever I hear people say that the gods love everyone, but if you disobey them you'll burn for all eternity.

Wow. If only people loved like that. We'd be overflowing in mass-murderers.

Clearly. I mean, he sends his only son to save the world, yet the guy only tours around a few cities. What about the poor Africans, Australians, Asians, Native Americans, etc etc? Apparently they all went to hell.

Dear God,

If my unconditional love for my brothers and sisters on this planet is not enough so that I spend an eternity in hellfire, so be it. Send me among the murderers and the rapists in Hell simply because I am a non-believer.

If you wish to criticize humanity for taking self-pride in their good deeds, then what exactly do humans feel when they live for your Son? Is it not satisfaction they feel when spreading your word? Is it not satisfaction they feel when coming to terms with their humility? Is it not satisfaction they feel when accepting your Son as their savior? It seems to me that those fall under good deeds as well. Is it just that some good deeds matter and others do not? What about those that emulate his teachings but do not believe in that man? Are they doomed to hellfire? And what about those who accept your Son but continuously sin? If the path is through the acceptance of Christ only, what of them?

I try to be charitable over greedy; I try to be honest over deceitful; I try to be humble over prideful. I do not trespass upon others as I would not want them to trespass onto me--but mainly because I empathize with others and would not want them to suffer. I feed my mind with knowledge and art so that I may return to humanity more knowledge and art--so that I can be of service to my neighbors. I believe that humanity should be subject to one another.

I am not a spiritual person; I am not a religious person. Giving into those beliefs that I do not hold as my own would be dishonest. What is your stance on dishonesty, God? I am a humanist; I am agnostic. If I am to meet your Son at the pearly gates, so be it. But if I am to meet your fallen servant in the flames, so be it as well. Instead of preparing for the afterlife, I think I could better spend my time being subject to my neighbors. If--for that--I am destined to Hell, I will accept it. Because I would rather be tortured and incinerated than be someone I am not--than be dishonest to myself; than to hold servitude to those I cannot see over those I can see. I won't hold any grudges over it either. I shall simply turn the other cheek and love you anyway.

Best regards,
Cory Johnson.

lmao!

but in all seriousness, if you live your life the best you can in good will and aren't faithful there is a chance that God will allow you to heaven.

What I believe is that if you are a good person. God will ask you do you accept God/Jesus, and if you do then bam your in heaven.

The whole point is to be a good person but also believe/love God. Is it that hard? No, but most people over-dramatize Christianity or misunderstand it.

lol sik commercial for christianity...i like my religion like i like my anime-
anti-mainstream and uncommercialized. Christianity is about as commercialized as it gets, baby! Alot of those "holy laws" were created for the profit of the church. At its core, all religions are decent and pretty much the same, and believe in the same god. I'm trying to work my way around all the fluffy stuff and fairy tales before i join a religion, if i ever do some day...

explicitkarma said:
Dude, we're going to hell. Just accept it. :)

Heaven sounds boring anyway. Who would want to spend eternity in the lap of luxury surrounded by priests, nuns, and virgins?

The real party will be going on in Hell. See, what the Christians don't want you to know is... there isn't any punishment there. Think about it. If Satan is evil, if Hell is the domain is evil, and if you go there because you're evil, you're not gonna get tortured, you're gonna get citizenship. Ten bucks says Hell is basically a huge constant orgy. Like Valhalla, only with more chicks.

I manage to take the time to read all of your responses.
Many of u have voice their anger against my post. I hold no grudge nor am I angry with any of u. You have your rights to criticize. My goal was to simply post this message, it is entirely up to u to accept it or not. And I had hoped that maybe it did speak to some.
The thing I notice is, everyone seem to have mentioned hell or wants to go there. I would want to seperate this issue with what I have posted. But I will give a small detail about the this. Hell is not a place where Satan will rule. The truth about Hell has been twisted. It was originally created to bind Satan and his minions in it to be tortured day and night. It was not meant for people. However, because they choose to join Satan they will be cast in.
See if you can find proof that Satan will rule in hell
As to the comment about innocent people. How "innocent" are we? Have you ever lied? stolen (no matter how small the value was)? covet? We judge ourselves according to our own human standard. And since we are imperfect ourselves, whose to say that our standard is the correct one ?

Lastly, God has spoken to people 4000 years ago, sometimes directly sometimes through someone. But people still did not believe. What makes you think that even today if He would come down and speak that everyone will suddenly believe ??

Heck, see if you can find proof Heaven and Hell even -exists-. If proof existed of any of this, it wouldn't be called "mythology". You have faith, it seems, that the gods rule heaven and you'll be rewarded for being good. How is that different from people who have faith that Satan rules hell and will reward them for being bad?

About innocence. Yes, I've lied. And stolen. And coveted. I find nothing wrong with any of this. I did these things because I wanted to do them, and I judge myself according to my own standard. As for imperfect, no one is perfect. Your god is clearly not perfect - he changes his mind at least a half-dozen times in your mythology, and the entire basis of your religion is that he fucked up making humans. Hardly the ideal diety to worship.

Lastly, don't you find it curious that your god hasn't spoken to anyone in four thousand years? Seems he was pretty chatty back then. What happened? Maybe he died. Sure, he says he was eternal, but do you really know? Maybe he lied. He could've had a heart attack and keeled over. You'll go to Heaven and find out the place is a directionless anarchy.

Oh, as a slight add-on, you're suggesting that your god could come down, speak to people, and people wouldn't believe? So, your god isn't all-powerful or perfect? Because, if he was, he could simply snap his fingers and everyone would believe. Surely it wouldn't be difficult, even for someone who couldn't even create a human without messing up.

A lot of people that "hear god" had/have mental diseases, like schizophrenia. Thats what I think, anyway.

Firedraconian said:
Heaven sounds boring anyway. Who would want to spend eternity in the lap of luxury surrounded by priests, nuns, and virgins?

The real party will be going on in Hell. See, what the Christians don't want you to know is... there isn't any punishment there. Think about it. If Satan is evil, if Hell is the domain is evil, and if you go there because you're evil, you're not gonna get tortured, you're gonna get citizenship. Ten bucks says Hell is basically a huge constant orgy. Like Valhalla, only with more chicks.

Actually Satan hates humans. You go to hell and you will burn in eternal flames. He is the one who got adam to eat from the tree. He is the source of sin.

blah... all he did was post a big old long post about his beliefs even if much of it can be refuted by his own bible in hopes of "reaching" some poeple. pointing out the inaccuracies or trying to logically argue with him is not going to change anything. since he believes what he believes upon faith which does not need/use logic.

I think that he did a good job of explaining it. The basic explaination is that all are separted from God by sin and death and that Jesus overcame both for us.

Concerning the main points that people have brought up arguing against it. God does love everyone. He just has some laws of justice that have been established that He follows. All will be judged, however, based upon the desires, intentions and thoughts of their hearts thus it is possible for even those who have not accepted Christ in this life to be saved.

Also, this life is not your only chance. There is teaching of the gospel in the spirit world and those who didn't have a chance to accept it on earth will have that chance there. I also believe that people are not responsible for rejecting Jesus until they have a sufficient knowledge of Him to be held accountable for doing so and that those who are good in heart will, when they have that knowledge, accept Him. They just haven't recieved that knowledge and realization yet.

Finally God did create human beings as perfect. It is human beings who choose to sin and go against God. The thing is that He gave us the freedom to choose for ourselves. He is not responsible if we don't choose to follow Him.

DELETED.
No, nope, sorry, I just can't insult a person for his/her religions. I'm too light hearted.
At the moment, that is.
PS: Love me.

ack....

sometimes I just want to bang my head against a wall. I understand belief and faith and all that and I can let it slide but you can't just contradict yourself and expect to get away with it. If people are made perfect then they can't be imperfect. If they made the wrong choice then they are imperfect. someone/thing that is perfect will make the right choice thus being perfect. But since we did not make the right choice we cannot be perfect. thus god created imperfect beings.

the other stuff you said was basically your own opinion having neither proof for or against it I really can't argue with it.

KyuubiYondime said:
Actually Satan hates humans. You go to hell and you will burn in eternal flames. He is the one who got adam to eat from the tree. He is the source of sin.

Really? You've met the guy, personally, and he told you all this? He's the source of sin?

Well. I can't even begin to describe what's wrong in just those four sentences. Well, yes I can.

First, you say Satan hates humans. What do you base this on? The Bible? First, the Bible was written by people who hate Satan. If I wrote a book about George Bush, and you knew I hated George Bush, would you take everything in my book as fact? Of course not. It would be stupid.

Second, go to hell and burn in eternal flames? So you've been there? You've seen these flames? According to the books I've read, half the place is ice. The other half is random torture having nothing to do with fire or even heat.

Of course, even if I was burned by eternal flames, so what? My soul is eternal as well, right? After a few hundred years, I wouldn't even NOTICE the flames. Everyone in hell would go around on fire and not even care, because they've been burning for a thousand years and it's boring.

Third, he was actually the one to get EVE to eat from the tree. Eve got Adam to eat. And really, God got both of them to eat. But I'll address that in...

Fourth, Satan is the source of sin. So, Satan created sin? But wait. Satan can't create. Only the gods can create. Unless you mean Satan is a god. But assuming he isn't, that means that God created sin. Go figure. Of course, since God is all-knowing, this also means he created Satan, knowing what would happen with the apple. Heck, he created the apple, and the tree, then created humans he deliberately infused with curiousity, then told them not to eat the apple. He's God. He knew what would happen. He must have planned it. So, really, God is the source of all sin, suffering, violence, and evil in the world.

Wow. God sucks.

i don't think the original post is entirely correct. christian thought believes that one can only enter heaven through the grace of god. because we are all born with original sin it is impossible to get into heave with just our deeds. we need the grace of god to get into heaven.

so its slightly different. not that the op is wrong. since we need the grace of god we have to accept the grace of god to recieve it. but its a little more deep than just having to believe in jesus even though thats the basic action.

Back
Top Bottom