• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Gengetsu Hozuki vs Sasuke MS

FlamingRain

Living Legend
Sasuke.

He has all the tools he could need to shut Gengetsu down completely. Either the Sharingan's insight or snake summons' infrared detection can bypass Kijō no Rōkaku. Both Chidori variants and Enton can circumvent the liquefying Hōzuki body. Any of Chidori variants, Enton, and Susano'o arrows can be used to stop Jōki Bōi's explosions. Even lower leveled Susano'o can block any of Gengetsu's attacks.

Gengetsu's best shot is to catch Sasuke off-guard with a sudden activation of Jōki Bōi during one of his standard sword blitzing attempts, but Mizukage's only got one real chance at it and it's a chance that may not even come around given the starting distance (from that far away Sasuke might resort to projectiles before closing in) and Gengetsu lacking knowledge at the beginning same as Sasuke (he may not see a need to go for the surprise Jōki Bōi early enough).

New Folder

Gengetsu wins.

He trolls Sasuke with the Mirage, and sooner or later will take him down. Worst comes to worst, JB will finish him off.

Gengetsu was taken on both Onoki & Gaara at the same time. packed up by the SA
and given them intel.

Sasuke is nowhere near that level. :mjlol

Quikdraw7777

Sasuke.

With no Knowledge, Gengetsu will be under the assumption that his Clam's Mirages will work. Sharingan will indeed see through it, as the produced images don't have chakra. Sasuke then can actually try to cast Genjutsu of his own. While the Mizukage (with his clam) seems proficient enough at using it, there's no proof he's adept at defending against it.

Amaterasu at first glance may be a fair shout, but Gengetsu's body composition is unique. He has the ability to produce some type of oily substance that can shed off attacks on his person (See the Sealing Tag attempt).

Joki Boi is his only real shot at winning this, and not even an easy one. The jutsu takes a little while to get going, and from the looks of it, taxes Gengetsu immensely. It'll be a race against time on whether the jutsu can get large enough to damage Sasuke before he chases down the (now weakened) Kage. Hell, Sasuke can probably cause the jutsu to fire off prematurely by hitting the chibi clone with Katon Techniques or Amaterasu; the heat rapidly causing instability in the clone's temperatures. If it does manage to land though, Sasuke would be done.

I give this to Sasuke more often than not.
The Sharingan is too deadly for "No Knowledge" battles.
If he brings any snake summons to the battle, it only ups his chances.

Bonly

Sasuke would win more times then not. Sharingan to see through Genjutsu, Susanoo to tank Gengetsu's arsenal and Ama/Enton+Raitons to overwhelm him means it's just a matter of time before Sasuke comes out on top and with how trigger happy he was with the MS jutsu, I'd bet on sooner rather then later

Saurin

Three questions for all:

Do you think sharingan can see through mist? I think Gengetsu would be able to be found based on snake heat sensing, but I'm wondering if Sharingan can see through the mist itself. Kakashi couldn't see through Zabuza's iirc so I don't think so.

Do you think that Sasuke's sharingan can break out of Gengetsu's illusion? 3T Hebi Sasuke was able to break out of tsukuyomi - do you think this could apply to Gengetsu's genjutsu?

Do you think Gengetsu's genjutsu would disrupt Sasuke's Susanoo usage? We saw that that Kabuto using Tayuya's genjutsu disputed it, but I could see it argued not because Gengetsu's isn't sound based - I'm not sure though.

FlamingRain

Living Legend
Three questions for all:

Do you think sharingan can see through mist? I think Gengetsu would be able to be found based on snake heat sensing, but I'm wondering if Sharingan can see through the mist itself. Kakashi couldn't see through Zabuza's iirc so I don't think so.

I used to think the Sharingan's Chakra-sight would leave it blinded by all the Chakra distributed throughout in the clam's mist based on the Five Kage's attempt to block the Rinnegan's field of vision in the early stages of the Madara fight, but I've changed my mind on the matter thanks to @Kai.

The wide-shot top panel in which Madara and his Susano'o are blown back is how the battlefield appears as a whole, but the next panels using closer shots show everybody could still see whoever else when standing near enough to one another. Temari and an alliance fodder could still be seen from Mū's perspective before he was knocked away and Mū being batted aside was still visible from Madara's perspective. Mei meant to stop shared vision from becoming a problem, not outright blind Madara.

Zabuza didn't cast a typical Kirigakure that would blind Kakashi specifically due to his Sharingan, he adjusted the mist's thickness until it was too much for even regular eyes to see through it.

Do you think that Sasuke's sharingan can break out of Gengetsu's illusion? 3T Hebi Sasuke was able to break out of tsukuyomi - do you think this could apply to Gengetsu's genjutsu?

The hallucinogenic mist would still be in the atmosphere until the clam is destroyed. As long as someone is standing inside the area it covers the illusion should just reapply as soon as it was broken. The spell wouldn't truly be broken until the clam was destroyed, but the Sharingan would let Sasuke recognize the mirages as mirages when he sees them.

Do you think Gengetsu's genjutsu would disrupt Sasuke's Susanoo usage? We saw that that Kabuto using Tayuya's genjutsu disputed it, but I could see it argued not because Gengetsu's isn't sound based - I'm not sure though.

It didn't disrupt the Jutsu usage of any affected members of the alliance, so no.

Gin Ichimaru

Sasuke low diffs, Sharingan sees through genjutsu lol

From there amaterasu/Susanoo take care of joki boi, and raiton negs water body

SKS

Sauce should be able to see through his illusion and kill him with Amaterasu.

Sasuke sees through the Genjutsu and Amaterasu one-shots Gengetsu, done.
Doesn’t work that way.

this genjutsu is not like any other, it’s caused by mist reflecting sunlight, doesn’t effect one’s chakra network. Just like hidden in mist jutsu. Sharingan can’t manipulate the light its retina receives.

Amaterasu can be shed off via Hozuki’s water hydrification technique.

Joki Boi is faster than Gaara’s sand, and that sand was faster than Amaterasu. MS Sasuke isn’t reacting to that speed. Susanno is temporary, Joki Boi last infinitely. Gengetsu wins by fight of attrition

SKS

Sasuke low diffs, Sharingan sees through genjutsu lol

From there amaterasu/Susanoo take care of joki boi, and raiton negs water body

lol no.
Sharingan can’t see though mist. The mirage is caused by water particles reflecting sunlight, sharingan can’t manipulate the natural light it receives.

Gaara’s sand was faster than Amaterasu, Joki Boi faster than Gaara’s sand. Joki Boi can dodge Amaterasu and susanno arrow. Gengetsu wins via attrition.

MHA massive fan

Sasuke should win
Depending of if this heat seeking thing with snakes is canon
I doubt sharingan can see through
Though actually the instant the clam is summoned sasuke could just Amaterasu it

so sasuke can’t loose here

SKS

You're missing the point. What C did here is a traditional genjutsu, it attacks your chakra network, giving you illusions. The flash of light and the short events following it are only in your head. What Gengetsu do isn't like traditional genjutsus. Take a look: Clam hologram and invisibility is formed by water particles deflecting light. It's not a trick in your brain, the hologram is actually there, and gengetsu is actually invisible. Sharingan cannot see through real phenomenons that obscure the eye sight, if it could it would've partly negated Kabuto's flash bang jutsu, and seen through Zabuza's mist jutsu.

Aegon Targaryen

The Shield That Guards The Realm of Men
Sasuke can't find Gengetsu, but Gengetsu can't hurt Sasuke inside Susano'o. Sasuke can spread Amaterasu around him until he does catch the guy though.

GrandBenja

You're missing the point. What C did here is a traditional genjutsu, it attacks your chakra network, giving you illusions. The flash of light and the short events following it are only in your head. What Gengetsu do isn't like traditional genjutsus. Take a look: Clam hologram and invisibility is formed by water particles deflecting light. It's not a trick in your brain, the hologram is actually there, and gengetsu is actually invisible. Sharingan cannot see through real phenomenons that obscure the eye sight, if it could it would've partly negated Kabuto's flash bang jutsu, and seen through Zabuza's mist jutsu.
Exactly. It's not a genjutsu. It's an actual mirage; the fake Gengetsu image is physically present. No genjutsu immunity is going to stop you from seeing something that actually does exist.

What Gengetsu is doing is more akin to Zabuza's mist (albeit more elaborate) than to Itachi's genjutsu. This technique is completely misunderstood.

Speedyamell

If you don't like fax, you can't like me ;)
Depends on how willing sasuke is to use snakes/or if he can at this point. Since that's the only way I can see him finding gengetsu..

Top Bottom