FEAR Combat Help

Corruption

The Sword in the Darkness
I downloaded FEAR Combat from the Sierra website pretty fast using bittorent, and i registered for a CD-key.
I installed the game fine, but when i click on the icon to play a windows error message comes up.

I found out that uninstalling my Kaspersky anti-virus allows me to play it, but when i re-install it i can't play it. So, does anybody know what the problem is, i don't want to uninstall kaspersky, but that's the only way. Have anybody else who downloaded this game had this problem? Thanks smile-big

kaspersky is like one of the best programs out there, it's much better then any norton product. Also i think it's something with one of the windows security updates

Weird that i have never ever heard of it while the guy that made my computer never mentioned it while he is quite knowledgable about programs

Yea... i never heard of it either untill i was looking around for a new version of norton, because i kept on getting viruses norton couldn't delete or quarantine. Then i found kaspersky, and i haven't had a virus since

AVG is the best free anti virus imo.

Maybe your anti virus has like a firewall or something and FEAR needs to be connected to the interenets.

Darkness_Surrounding said:
Yea... i never heard of it either untill i was looking around for a new version of norton, because i kept on getting viruses norton couldn't delete or quarantine. Then i found kaspersky, and i haven't had a virus since
Or maybe their virus scanner sucks that badly that it doesn't even catch any viruseses? If I have to judge by their online scanner damn they suck

Well, i have battlefield 2 and prey, and they both work fine. IDK, i was reading that alot of people have this problem for this game. But, they just realesed the game to the public i think last week, so it's possible they'll come out with a patch, because people w/o anit-virus are having this problem too..... I guess i'm off to bed, i'm tired, and i had surgery on my knee earlier today so the anestesia finally wore off. :p

it detects the virus lol, it just never infected my computer before because it deletes it right away.

it's in 2nd place on this website, and theres updates for it like twice a day.

Vegitto-kun said:
Or maybe their virus scanner sucks that badly that it doesn't even catch any viruseses? If I have to judge by their online scanner damn they suck

Yea... there online scanner sucks compared to the real thing.

Kagutsuchi said:
Maybe your anti virus has like a firewall or something and FEAR needs to be connected to the interenets.

And i'm not using the kaspersky firewall because this one is just the anti-virus, and i have a different firewall and disabled it to play the game, but iit didn't work. Anyway does anybody have any idea about the game, i was reading that it could also be the windows security update KB917422, but i'm not sure if i want to uninstall that

Sorry, for the double post, but i deleted the windows securtiy update KB917422 from add/remove programs. I'm going to try to install the update again to see if it still works, because i know people who did this and the game still worked...smile-big

wait is FEAR combat just the multiplayer of the regular FEAR game. cause if it is you aren't missing any thing special. i think it's the worst multiplayer FPS out.

Back
Top Bottom