• CC
    PotW is back with a special edition Happy Holidays!
    ~Deadline to enter is Monday, December the 19th at 9 PM UTC.

Extremely underrated characters

TheTwelfthKenpachi

4-5-7-7, La Menuiserie mec
I think that a lot of people underrate some of the Vice Captains (namely Renji), Bankai Rukia (I've seen a lot of people on other sites call her the "weakest Captain"), and the Vizards.

I've debated with some of my friends about Wonderweiss and I'm surprised as to how underrated I think he is by some, I have a lot of favorites in Arrancars like Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, or Szayel, WW isn't one of them although I still like him, but people called me insane and fanboying when I argued him being stronger than Espada 5-9.

As far as Captains go, I'd say Soi Fon, Kensei, Rose and Tosen are quite underrated.

This is mainly focusing on powerscaling. Talking about characters being underrated with me would probably lead nowhere since I love each one of them with a burning passion and I'd argue every single one of them is underrated.
I just love them all so much.

SazoN

But she literally hasn't done anything combat related other than getting OHKO'd by Ichigo in SS arc iirc.

Unless you mean her character.
I mean the character as a whole.

For many it is as if almost 15 years have not passed since the SS arc in the series, as if there is no possibility for her to evolve.

People don't even give the air of doubt, you know.

Last edited:

SazoN

As far as Captains go, I'd say Soi Fon, Kensei, Rose and Tosen are quite underrated.
I don't understand how people underestimate him so much.

Tousen proved to be one of the most balanced in shinigami skills and still has one of the most broken Bankais in the series, there are very few characters that would have a chance against enma korogi and that in a situation like Tousen vs Zaraki, which was something used head on, if was like in the arc of the past, it is even more dangerous.

TrueTrueTrue

I sincerely believe the top 4 Espada (1-4) are comparable to at least Shunsui in their base states, if not even higher, approaching the level of RG Rukia and Renji. I believe this because of how Harribel ragdolled Hitsugaya in Bankai, and how Ulquiorra did the same to Ichigo in bankai in their final fight. Barragan likewise had incredibly overpowered CQC abilities that he barely used (slowing down time/speeding time up to be fast, rotting your bones with a touch), and Starrk flat out was beating sealed Shunsui, landing strikes on him to make him bleed. Lastly, Ukitake says the top 3 are so close in Reiatsu that you can't tell whose the strongest without asking or fighting them. Given you can't release if you're 4 and above, I'd lump Ulquiorra in there as well.

These feats, to me, tell me that the Espada were truly powerful opponents. None of them except for Starrk lost in a direct fight, and even Starrk had to be literally backedstabbed through the spine and chest in order to give Shunsui the edge needed to win in shikai. Harribel emerged from Hitsugaya's HH, which was supposed to kill her once all 100 flowers bloomed, at full power and continued to fight against her + Lisa + Hiyori in mask (Lisa later becoming a captain makes this even more spicy).

On top of all this, with confirmation that all of them could have gotten Segunda Etapa, these top Espada were each a final boss on their way to true unreal power. Imagining Harribel fighting someone who can't easily counter her water and her building up a flood she slings with every attack, or Barragan aging your bones while using time to semi-teleport around, or Starrk figuring out your ability in three uses and then overwhelming you with 1000 Ceroes at once (which he threatens against Ukitake) and then upgrading these all via Segunda = enemies that have the raw power of the Quincy Elites.

Only thing they lacked was hax. Barragan was the only hax fighter of them all. Raw power that isn't Bankai Kenpachi or Ichigo or Aizen can't get you anywhere with the top tiers. They might overpower Shunsui, but his Bankai kils them all.

Sablés

I sincerely believe the top 4 Espada (1-4) are comparable to at least Shunsui in their base states, if not even higher, approaching the level of RG Rukia and Renji.
RG Rukia and Renji have the stats to break Shunsui in two, so I'm not sure what you mean by this.

TrueTrueTrue

RG Rukia and Renji have the stats to break Shunsui in two, so I'm not sure what you mean by this.
I mean they are baseline Shunsui and possibly RG Rukia or Renji. Starrk half-assed was keeping Shunsui who was actually trying at bay in base like it was nothing. Harribel literally kicked around Bankai Hitsugaya. I could easily see them being in RG Rukia and Renji level in terms of raw physical ability, but I lowball with Shunsui for funsies.

Capa13

Underrated writing/character arc wise? Or Underrated power wise?

Writing/Character Quality Wise:

- Uryu
- Grimmjow
- Gin
- Komamura
- Isshin

Power Wise:

- Gin
- Nel
- Uryu
- Byakuya (MFers genuinely think he’s weaker than Zaraki still…
)
- Haschwalth

Heaven or Hell

If you had asked years ago, I would have said Hitsugaya. Thankfully, people have started seeing the light about his capabilities even in regular form.

lol 4th dimension reiatsu

Put in a little bit more effort into your trolling and you could one day become a half way decent forum villian

Wathever, just remember Renji and Rukia couldn't beat Bazz B, Liltotto was outperformed by Grimmjow and Hallibel in CFYOW that also states Shunsui, Yoruichi and Byakuya have similar reiatsu.

docj

i have returned
Wathever, just remember Renji and Rukia couldn't beat Bazz B, Liltotto was outperformed by Grimmjow and Hallibel in CFYOW that also states Shunsui, Yoruichi and Byakuya have similar reiatsu.
I have no knowledge of the silly novels

but I do understand the Quincy that were featured were depowered in the manga from Auswhalen. That fact alone invalidates your power level comparisons

I have no knowledge of the silly novels

but I do understand the Quincy that were featured were depowered in the manga from Auswhalen. That fact alone invalidates your power level comparisons

They lost Vols but they have the same base stats, and the Arrancars where equal or stronger in their base state.

Released Arrancars do much better than the Quincy girls, even the fullbringers are around their level.

Just look at the manga, Rukia's best feat is defeating someone first invasion Byakuya could have defeated if not for hax and Bankai stealing.

docj

i have returned
They lost Vols but they have the same base stats, and the Arrancars where equal or stronger in their base state.

Released Arrancars do much better than the Quincy girls, even the fullbringers are around their level.
WRONG. Auswhalen is a redistribution of powers. Just Losing VS isn’t the only effects it can cause because we were shown that some Sternritter and other Quincy outright died from it. With information that we are given and shown you’d be obtuse to think that it just steals their Vollstanding. Masaki went from defeating a Captain level Vasto level Hollow in white to losing to Grand fisher who was at or below menos level
Just look at the manga, Rukia's best feat is defeating someone first invasion Byakuya could have defeated if not for hax and Bankai stealing.
False. As Nodt had higher attack and defensive stats than first invasion Byakuya, to the point where he no sold his attacks and put a hole in his chest with a bare hand. He would have lost regardless.

WRONG. Auswhalen is a redistribution of powers. Just Losing VS isn’t the only effects it can cause because we were shown that some Sternritter and other Quincy outright died from it. With information that we are given and shown you’d be obtuse to think that it just steals their Vollstanding. Masaki went from defeating a Captain level Vasto level Hollow in white to losing to Grand fisher who was at or below menos level

That's what it did to Bazz and the girls who say they can't use Vols but never complain about anything else, the one used on the half bloods took all their power instead, and Robert for wathever reason needed that power to live.

False. As Nodt had higher attack and defensive stats than first invasion Byakuya, to the point where he no sold his attacks and put a hole in his chest with a bare hand. He would have lost regardless.

He resisted the Shikai in the anime, with full power Blut, so the Bankai could beat him, and his speed was similar to scared Byakuya.

Nnoitra also did that to Zaraki even tho he was weaker, that's the point of hierro and blut, not needing a sword.

In the manga he failed against the Shikai.

Cirsium

Power-wise, the Royal Guard (except Ichibei, since people usually have him in high regard). Everyone calls them jobbers when they were mobbed by the Elite of the Wandenreich at the same time. The Gotei could only deal with them cause they faced them separately, and they still couldn't defeat Gerard.

ShadoLord

top tier Captain
Gin.

this guy is top tier Captain class like Shunsui, Jushiro, SS Aizen, Isshin, Urahara, etc.

his bankai is a sure kill to non-transcendents.

Top Bottom