MCU Eternals (November 5, 2021)

Velocity

The Writing Writer
Yep I enjoyed their relationship way more than Cersei's and Ikarasis. Even Druig and Makkari's flirting with each other was better :blobluv
I really liked the metaphor. It was a tragic romance. They loved each other but it was like Thena had Alzheimer's or dementia and Gil was losing her, but he loved her so much he wouldn't leave her side.

Then the superhero stuff got in the way, which is a big issue with this movie in general.

I think we would have gotten a better movie if it had just been about a group of immortals, their lives and romances and rivalries - a family that drifted apart until the death of its matriarch forced them to reunite and resolve the issues they have. No superpowers, no Celestials, no apocalypses...

Foxfoxal

I re-watched it, I found it fine, not close to the best, just tried too hard with the storytelling and a little long, I think the big problem is that it is kinda "boring" for the general audiences.

I do think the critics went too extreme just because Chloe is the one who did it, it's not even close to be below something like Thor 2 or The Incredible Hulk.

Jake CENA

BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!
Just seen this movie and I don't understand why it had negative ratings?

It is actually pretty decent. I hope there's a sequel because we need that Black Knight on the big screen and Eros reveal was also lit.

The only main gripe was the Ikaris was an asshole and that Deviant needed more screentime to kick ass.

~Gesy~

Freshly drenched in coochie water
My personal disappointment comes from the high expecting this to be some crazy sci-fi epic with deep themes .

I would've liked it more if I took it as a "justice league" type spectacle.

OLK

Anybody else think the Eternals themselves felt kinda weak? Only Ikaris seemed like a god, everyone else felt like the Avengers could handle them.

~Gesy~

Freshly drenched in coochie water
Anybody else think the Eternals themselves felt kinda weak? Only Ikaris seemed like a god, everyone else felt like the Avengers could handle them.
I wouldn't say that. One guy can control multple minds simultaneously, another can invent any item (like forge) another can manifest any weapon...and one transmute matter..

I would say these abilities were godlike .

Jake CENA

BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

They were grounded that's for sure. I'm not familiar with the Eternals so I'm not sure if all of them should have super strength and durability.

Gilgamesh seemed to be the weakest if we compare his powers to the rest. Lol

Amol

Chief of Wisdom
So watched this.
It was not bad at all.
They tried something different than the usual MCU affair. It might not have been everyone's cup of tea but it was not bad overall.

Chan being the lead of the film was the main problem though. I dunno she acted very woodenly.

It was hella weird seeing someone like Angelina Jolie playing a side character.

I think if there is one thing that the movie handled best then it would be celestials. They felt grand and all-powerful to me. The visuals were awesome.

I am interested in what happens next. Judge Celestial took them for judgment and Eros came for rescue. Maybe we will see the trial of Eternals. One can't really just kill a celestial and get away with it. Though they can claim that they didn't kill Tiamut. The movie indicated that Tiamut willingly joined the UniMind that gave Sersi power to kill him. So Tiamut chose what happened to him.

Blade coming to MCU was awesome too. I guess we will see Jon Snow in Blade next? Maybe.

Overall good enough movie.
I will give it 6.5/10.

Impulse

I don't think Tiamut is truly dead

I think this the moment where he comes "The Dreaming Celestial"

The wiki says that Starfox is thanos adoptive brother so in the MCU Thanos is not an Eternals possibly?

Cheeky Cunt
I could feel the MCU chains holding Chloe back here

The script felt like it wanted to explore the idea of the cycle of Celestials creating a life, to then use that same life to create a new Celestial.

the_notorious_Z.É.

The Pirate Prime minister
So the other day I finally saw this and I actually really liked it, don't know why people hated on it so much, I mean I can see why, for your average superhero fan this was too different and for movie critics not artsy enough, but even then it did not deserved those low scores.

You know the problem with the Celestial could have (or can if he's still alive) been solved if they borrowed Ant-Man's shrinking technology.

Amol

Chief of Wisdom
You know the problem with the Celestial could have (or can if he's still alive) been solved if they borrowed Ant-Man's shrinking technology.
No that wouldn't help at all.

Problem is not that Celestial breaks planet while being born (I mean sure that is a problem but not the main one here).

Problem is birth of Celestial requires sacrifice of billions of intelligent life form, in this case humans.

That is why Celestial can't be born on barren planet.

So shrinking Tiamut would not have changed anything. He is still a Celestial and humanity still would have needed to be sacrificed for his full birth.

CoopoNitro7

TIAMUT’S CORPSE IS GOING TO BECOME THE SAVAGE LANDS

This is perfect right? See the Savage lands were created in the comics during that time when people thought there was unexplored territory on Earth. At that time you would still here about people going to the Poles or whatever to be the modern day explorers and such. Hence the idea for a lost ecological system in the poles with wondrous creatures long thought extinct and different branches of evolution of existing animals (including humans) which was called “The Savage Lands” in Marvel Comics.

Well it’s 2022 and this kind of story is EXTREMELY implausible. Like actually discovering a new thing on Earth that wasn’t intentionally being hidden, a’la Wakanda would a very hard story to sell. But what if we have ourselves a Brand new land mass appear on Earth. Well here we are with TWO land masses created from Tiamut’s corpse, his head and Hand.

Here’s the theory. Over time we are gonna hear reports of the fingers and such collapsing into the ocean to form tiny islands next to the palms as the main island and the rock will be eroded by the Tides of the ocean as heat is detected to be coming from the corpse. Turns out Tiamut is dead but since the entire body a celestial is cosmic energy, the corpse still contains cosmic energy of some kind. And since a Celestial’s like prime directive is to create Life, the cosmic energy sips out and on autopilot re-transmutes the rock into a whole ecological system of random ancient plants and animals and weird variations of life never seen before.

And so we have our MCU Savage lands consisting of a gigantic mountain island head, the palm island and the smaller broken fingers islands all full of whatever random whacky life forms Marvel wants. And of course we shall get a whole story taking place there once Doom and The Fantastic four come on the scene.

MartialHorror

The Convicted Cinephile!
I enjoyed the movie alright. It's more uneven than I think all the other MCU flicks, but I don't think it's the worst.

One thing that drove me insane though was the love triangle. It's strange how it eats up so much time for absolutely no dramatic pay-off.

Sersi is in a relationship with Dane. Big set-up and then he's gone for pretty much the rest of the movie.

Sersi was in a relationship with Ikaris. He leaves without warning. Finally comes back. Does Sersi ever seem particularly miffed at him? Not really. They seem strangely cool. Even when she asks why he left, it doesn't sound bitter at all.

And then the big moment
Spoiler:
when he commits suicide, she barely seems to have a reaction there. It's so bizarre. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

It just seems like someone in the production wanted a love triangle... and someone else really did not, as it's there, but it's also not really there.

Foxfoxal

One thing I would improve is Ikaris in general, he had ZERO chemistry with anyone or personality.

Cersi had 100% more chemistry with Daniel in 5 minutes than him lmao.

Another thing is that the ending is basically a sequel bait, it's like a part 1 ending.

MartialHorror

The Convicted Cinephile!
One thing I would improve is Ikaris in general, he had ZERO chemistry with anyone or personality.

Cersi had 100% more chemistry with Daniel in 5 minutes than him lmao.

Another thing is that the ending is basically a sequel bait, it's like a part 1 ending.

I actually didn't mind him like everyone else did, but there was something off about his interactions with everyone. Like when the guy says "I've been wanting to clip your wings for awhile", I was like... was there real animosity between them before? Then again,

Spoiler:
His motivation never really made sense to me either. Bringing the eternals back together is the one way to f@ck up his plans. It would've been a little better if maybe he just wanted to spend the last week with his family, which would've made everything more tragic.

He also tries to reach out to Angelina Jolie early on. They have a kind of friendship moment, but she seems most bent on killing him during the finale.

I think what makes it all so strange is that during the finale, it's the villain who seems to be the only one going through any real arc.

I also didn't like how the one guy (haven't memorized all the names) just leaves. A normal arc would have him make a return and take a stand, but nope! He's just... gone.

Ikaris and Sersi had more chemistry in the trailer than they had in the actual movie, lol. I thought it was kind of cute when they were pretending that they weren't spying on Phasmos... but that wasn't really romantic.

CoopoNitro7

Yeah Kingo walking out didn't make sense
You mean the reason he gave for walking out didnt make sense? I think he gave a reasonable enough explanation… like he kinda believed in Arishem’s plan but wasnt gonna kill his friends over it either

Amol

Chief of Wisdom
Would you guys follow Arishem’s plan if you are one of the Eternal ?

From Humanity's pov, plan sounds insane and 'evil'.

But humanity itself uses same plan for other species in real life. Destruction and Creation cycle.

Celestials are indeed responsible for life in universe and killing one Celestial could be result into lot of bad shit. Saving few billions could result into deaths of trillions.

So would you do it?
Or you would choose humanity?

Top Bottom