• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • More languages + Cat Dank + Tooltip Feature for Reactions were added ! (see preferences) More to come!

• Please check this: link regarding changes in PotW and GotW schedules!
    - Contest Central

• "Lifestyle Lounge: Thread of the Month Contest!"
    Come make a fun thread in the Lifestyle Lounge! Deadline is September 30th, 2021.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

EP 215 mentioned that Danzo feared a coup by the Hyuga

ShadowBringer

Was this ever touched upon in Naruto? I thought it's only the Uchiha clan that started the coup in Konoha. And apparently, the reason why this underground was made was because Danzo feared that the Hyuga would spy on him.

I'm not sure if this plotline and buildup is leading to somewhere byeyond just the Ootsutski, considering that the Byakugan was emphasis alot and even someone like Amado made anti-byakugan pills warning naruto not to let Hinata and Himawari take it feels like an implication that he experimented on the hyuga?

If so, where are the rest of the Hyuga as if everyone beside Hiashi and Hanabi have magically vanished like the Senju.

Platypus

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Of course le boogeyman Danzo did kek.

They wanted to explain why Konoha had an anti-Byakugan room, which came out of nowhere in the manga, I guess. I doubt this will lead to anything Hyuga related in the future.

Instead of fear of a Hyuga coup (why?) they could've just gone with "Danzo didn't want any Byakugan eyes prying into his base of operations". Or better: have it be something Orochimaru developed as an Otsutsuki countermeasure. He was said to be researching the Otsutsuki for Konoha after all.

blk

Danzo was a wise man.

So of course he would prepare preemptive measures in the case an highly insulated / poorly integrated clan like the Hyuuga (not unlike the Uchiha) would start planning funny things.

Platypus

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Of course if the anime were to further explore this, we'd learn that the Kumo incident was also orchestrated by Konoha boogeyman Danzo with the intent to create discontent within the Hyuuga clan toward the village, so he could eventually have them assassinated and their eyes collected as well. We'd also be told that Danzo was one of the first Kara sponsors/Outers and sent young Vessel candidates to Jigen "for the sake of Konoha".
:smilepepe

Ultrafragor

We have no information about the Hyuuga's activities or interests before part1.

It seems all konoha clans were having memebers scalped by ROOT except the Uchiha, Senju, and Hyuuga. The two Uchiha who did join were spies. That alone tells use something may have been up between those clans and that organization.

It's the natural assumption for Tobirama, who had a deep suspicion of the Uchiha (to the point that he was studying how their powers work) to turn his suspicions toward the Hyuuga as well. Then that attitude would have been passed down to Danzo.

The groundwork is there for this idea, but I think they needed to add in a concrete detail of not just why the Hyuuga were not trusted by Danzo, but why he thought there would be a coup from them. That's a pretty extreme idea.

The Hyuuga were basically being hunted by all the other villages so they could get their eyes. As far as we saw they lived in the village quietly and were mostly focused on their own affairs. They never communicated any great aspirations like the Uchiha had.

So, what did they do to make Danzo think they were gonna flip on the hokage and take over konoha?

mayumi

This is kinda like true mind wiping/maniupulating things to suit your agenda sort of thing we see now a days.

It reminds me of Sasuke defeated Zabuza story Kishi tried to put in to story where people were scratching their heads.

Foxfoxal

Danzo literally made Kabuto and his "mom" kill each other because they knew too much, it's so hard to believe he would have plans against the """strongest""" clan of his village?

Danzo is the batman of Konoha lmao, having plans against the entire Justice League.

Last edited:

Zef

Not to be confused with ZefST the Sasuke fan
I wanna know why the manga keeps introducing things with so little context that the anime has to make up BS stories to explain it.

How is the editor okay with the manga just glossing over stuff like that?

Platypus

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Danzo literally made Kabuto and his "mom" kill each other because they knew too much, it's so hard to believe he would have plans against the """strongest""" clan of his village?
It's not hard to believe considering the role they ended up giving him. Just funny how they continue to use Danzo as Konoha's designated boogeyman even to this day. Even the way he forced Nono and Kabuto into becoming Konoha spies and to eventually try to kill one another was needlessly cruel and convoluted.

For what reason would the Hyuga want to overthrow Konoha's leaders? They're loyal to a point where they would decapitate their strongest member to ensure peace between Konoha and Kumo even though they got wronged.

Not using it as an opportunity to tie in Oro's so-called Otsutsuki research was a missed opportunity on top of all this.

Even securing his base from prying eyes would've been a better reason as I've already mentioned. Hell, they could've drawn the link between the room's technology and his artificial arm and use it to explain how no Hyuga ever saw his freaky Sharingarm.

Foxfoxal

It's not hard to believe considering the role they ended up giving him. Just funny how they continue to use Danzo as Konoha's designated boogeyman even to this day. Even the way he forced Nono and Kabuto into becoming Konoha spies and to eventually try to kill one another was needlessly cruel and convoluted.

For what reason would the Hyuga want to overthrow Konoha's leaders? They're loyal to a point where they would decapitate their strongest member to ensure peace between Konoha and Kumo even though they got wronged.

Not using it as an opportunity to tie in Oro's so-called Otsutsuki research was a missed opportunity on top of all this.

Even securing his base from prying eyes would've been a better reason as I've already mentioned. Hell, they could've drawn the link between the room's technology and his artificial arm and use it to explain how no Hyuga ever saw his freaky Sharingarm.
SP can't use their snake boy like in Naruto fillers because he is good now, so Danzo is the new sacrificial lamb.

The point is not "IF Hyuga would do it", it's the fact that Danzo was ready either way.

Platypus

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
SP can't use their snake boy like in Naruto fillers because he is good now, so Danzo is the new sacrificial lamb.
Danzo has been their sacrificial lamb since Shippuden aniori.

And snake boy was sharing his Otsutsuki research with Konoha according to an earlier Boruto anime.
"After Momoshiki's attack, we had Orochimaru help develop us countermeasures against the Otsutsuki's Byakugan. This room was made based on the prototype he created to seal Danzo's right arm in the past."
:boltlogical

Ultrafragor

Danzo was always working with Orichimaru, though.

Orochimaru had a Hyuuga on his team with Anko. So, he already had time to research them and get an idea of the Byakugan's capabilities before he was even helping Danzo with the sharingan arm.

There was ample time for him to consult on Danzo's misplaced fears.

ShinboiDood

Of course if the anime were to further explore this, we'd learn that the Kumo incident was also orchestrated by Konoha boogeyman Danzo with the intent to create discontent within the Hyuuga clan toward the village, so he could eventually have them assassinated and their eyes collected as well. We'd also be told that Danzo was one of the first Kara sponsors/Outers and sent young Vessel candidates to Jigen "for the sake of Konoha".
:smilepepe
If they retcon Danzo and his intensions, ima legit cry

Characters/plotlines ruined +1(if danzo was a outer)

Complaints boil down to people needing to have things spelled out for them.

If people were to talk about Danzou having contingencies for the other villages and then supported their theory with his behaviour until now, you'd have idiots who would immediately dismiss it as headcanon.

I do think Kishimoto missed a trick not having a civil war in Konoha, but the foundations for Danzou causing a rift with the other clan heads were set.

Regardless, something should tell people that root, an organisation that moves in the shadow, would have ways of evading the Byakugan.

ShadowBringer

Of course le boogeyman Danzo did kek.

They wanted to explain why Konoha had an anti-Byakugan room, which came out of nowhere in the manga, I guess. I doubt this will lead to anything Hyuga related in the future.

Instead of fear of a Hyuga coup (why?) they could've just gone with "Danzo didn't want any Byakugan eyes prying into his base of operations". Or better: have it be something Orochimaru developed as an Otsutsuki countermeasure. He was said to be researching the Otsutsuki for Konoha after all.

How is Orochimaru developing method for the Ootsutski countermeasure post the war arc have anything to do as to why Danzo build a Foundation Root when the Ootsutski were not a common knowledge at that time?

When Danzo build a Root Foundation, he was a regular shinobi and political figure who knew nothing of hidden clans secret except how they are feared with their KKG and the Hyuga being a top noble clan since ancient time.

Danzo was born during the time when nobody knew about the Ootsutski.

Maybe Danzo started to uncover the origin of 6th path after he deployed his scientist team and uncover more traces of the Ootsutski like NUE for ex.

There must be a reason why the anime included "Hyuga coup"

Gen D

Danzo is the batman of Konoha lmao, having plans against the entire Justice League.
It's not illogical but it's hysterical given the lack of build up.

Ultrafragor

It's not illogical but it's hysterical given the lack of build up.

Hysterical like replacing your arm with a mokded ckone of a dead hokage then making a bunch of eye sockets in it to implant sharingan so that you could control all bijuu, be immortal, and rule the world?

Draco Bolton

Hyuuga is strongest in the village as per canon

And this is the village having Uchiha clan, Might clan, Hatake clan, Sarutobi clan, Aburame clan, Senju clan, Namikaze clan, Base clan, Sannin clan

Danzo has every reason to fear Hyuuga

Thiago20019

Please, this is stupid, did the people who wrote this actually read Naruto?

The Byakugan cannot see through a simple barrier technique, why they had to invent this Hyuga Coup bullshit.

Couldn't they just say, "We put a barrier technique in this room"?

pumkin1988

If Naruto was a more political manga I could see this being a serious issue as wasn't Hyuga supposed to be the oldest or most wisest or most wealthy clan in all of Konoha?

I could see in a parallel series that the Hyuga have infiltrators in all aspects of society and each of them see secrets everywhere with their Hyuga eyes. Problem is we never saw more than like 5 of them and they never seemed to matter at all. Even in the war they didn't have any good showings for being such an apparently strong/oppulent clan. It's kinda pathetic.

I mean if we even got a single panel of a Hyuga meeting with a Daimyo without the Hokage knowing then it'd be something noteworthy but alas that never happened. I could even see a realistic depiction of the Hyuga being the clan that murdered the Uzumaki clan. (My honest opinion is it was Madaara however Hiashi has always been a bit shady. It could be said he hired "Madaara" and the Akatsuki to wipe out the Uzumaki clan as they were overshadowing the Hyugas so the Hyuga Clan Head wanted something done to them so his clan could gain more prominence) Man some things in Naruto just make you wish we had more deeper plot points in a lot of things.

Platypus

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
How is Orochimaru developing method for the Ootsutski countermeasure post the war arc have anything to do as to why Danzo build a Foundation Root when the Ootsutski were not a common knowledge at that time?

When Danzo build a Root Foundation, he was a regular shinobi and political figure who knew nothing of hidden clans secret except how they are feared with their KKG and the Hyuga being a top noble clan since ancient time.

Danzo was born during the time when nobody knew about the Ootsutski.
My main gripe is that the anime went with scapegoating Danzo instead of coming up with any other explanation as to why Konoha has an anti-Byakugan room (which in the manga was a facility that is well protected against any such abilities according to Sai, not just the Byakugan per se). It's like anything remotely shady Konoha has (done) needs to involve Danzo.

There must be a reason why the anime included "Hyuga coup"
You and I know the Hyuga clan is irrelevant in this sequel plus they're supposed to be chummy with the current Hokage in the new era. A potential coup was only mentioned as a means to explain why Root made an anti-Byakugan chamber.

Danzo was always working with Orichimaru, though.

Orochimaru had a Hyuuga on his team with Anko. So, he already had time to research them and get an idea of the Byakugan's capabilities before he was even helping Danzo with the sharingan arm.

There was ample time for him to consult on Danzo's misplaced fears.
Was that guy ever confirmed to be a Hyuga? :hm

I'm not saying it's out of this realm for Danzo to have anti-Byakugan capabilities at the time. As @Thiago20019 showed, a C-rank barrier does the trick. :fatcat

Ultrafragor

Was that guy ever confirmed to be a Hyuga? :hm

Actually no, it's just an age-old rumor, lol

It could have been Fu for all we know.

Still, everyone believes that Orochimaru would have heard that "sharingan's origins lie with Byakugan" rumor and would have tried to research it.

Though, it's also possible that he just didn't bother since the sharingan is the one with the ability he's interested in.

SuperSaiyaMan12

The Seventh Hokage's arrived.
Actually no, it's just an age-old rumor, lol

It could have been Fu for all we know.

Still, everyone believes that Orochimaru would have heard that "sharingan's origins lie with Byakugan" rumor and would have tried to research it.

Though, it's also possible that he just didn't bother since the sharingan is the one with the ability he's interested in.
Its funny, that did turn out to be true since the Byakugan is the first Dojutsu which both the Sharingan and Rinnegan descend from.

Top Bottom