• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Emilia Clarke’s Debut Comic Book Follows a Single Mom Whose Secret Weapon Is Her Period

Masterblack06

Quantum Entity
I would suggest going out, getting a random group of about, idk 100 people who actually buy and read comics and let them read the first issue. Then go from there. Shes needs feedback, not from the people who work in marvel but the people who are actually out buying and reading the comics

Subarashii

I see you
I’ll bite. Who’s the rapist superhero?

Sigh
Rapeman lmao Mixer posted it earlier. But the Comedian is a rapist in actual superhero land.

There shouldn't be.

Normalize periods by making a superhero who doesn't have a normal period since it gives her super powers?
You don't know what "normalize" means, do you?
Just look up how babies out of wedlock are ruining america
The implication being that women have no taste and can't discern a good story from shallow pandering attempts?

Again, this is not a great look for you. Ease off that kind of speak. NF has members of all genders.
They don't have to read it. It's not mandatory, but it's certainly directed at men

reiatsuflow

(tho again to be clear they're trying to do a zany deadpool comic and clarke was probably brought on for marketing and funding and stuff and this is also how these people think they have to market things now to get attention so for all anyone knows the comic will be a lot of fun)
( :dontpepe )

Masterblack06

Quantum Entity
Spoken like a person whose never had a period :pikagun
No shit I've never had a period but 90% of my family are women. And not once have their breasts expanded to the point they can use it to stop people from moving. Hell the amount of times I've been told that I'm lucky I'm not a woman cause periods suck is up there.

So to me, basing a super power off of something I've been told fucking sucks for my entire life seems dumb.

not memeing i do feel like this is trying way too hard to shoehorn an agenda in

like, why can't she be an awesome superpowered single mom but not do gross stuff like swing from her armpit hair :blobshrug then again if women want to read that then gj i guess

Subarashii

I see you
No shit I've never had a period but 90% of my family are women. And not once have their breasts expanded to the point they can use it to stop people from moving. Hell the amount of times I've been told that I'm lucky I'm not a woman cause periods suck is up there.

So to me, basing a super power off of something I've been told fucking sucks for my entire life seems dumb.
Look dude, you're making defend a wack ass comic book that I'm never gonna read. Why are you so mad about it?

Masterblack06

Quantum Entity
Look dude, you're making defend a wack ass comic book that I'm never gonna read. Why are you so mad about it?
Your asking me why I'm upset that a media im interested in, comics, is being filled with shit that makes no sense.

I loved She-Hulk she was one of my favorite characters along side Bruce. Then Aaron got a hold of her and turned her into Bruce 2.0.

Catalyst75

Your asking me why I'm upset that a media im interested in, comics, is being filled with shit that makes no sense.

Superhero comics by default are filled with things that make no sense, often with how characters can get/have gotten superpowers and how those powers work.

Yet this cross the line of "it makes no sense too much", and has you going "this is not what comics need right now".

The comic exists because Emilia Clarke decided it is a comic she wanted to create, and Image agreed to publish it. It is as simple as that.

Also, "what comics need right now"? With all the superhero movies and TV shows, adaptations of famous works like Sandman and others, comic book franchises are in a good place right now.

No they didn't....

OMG they did.

She's just trying to normalize periods

Spoken like a person whose never had a period :pikagun

With how scared the average man seems to be of periods this is going to be hilariously received by fuck boy sad sacks

This shit is completely fucking alien to me. Is this an American thing? Cuz periods are completely fucking normal where I'm from, and I'm assuming in most places in the world. Anyone that grew up in a household with women/girls is gonna learn to accept the fact that it's normal. Hell, my parents would send me to buy menstrual products for my sisters when they're busy. FFS, I even had fuck buddies be completely casual about their periods and asked me to buy them some stuff when they were sick.

Y'all fucking weird man.

Cardboard Tube Knight

No they didn't....

OMG they did.

This shit is completely fucking alien to me. Is this an American thing? Cuz periods are completely fucking normal where I'm from, and I'm assuming in most places in the world. Anyone that grew up in a household with women/girls is gonna learn to accept the fact that it's normal. Hell, my parents would send me to buy menstrual products for my sisters when they're busy. FFS, I even had fuck buddies be completely casual about their periods and asked me to buy them some stuff when they were sick.

Y'all fucking weird man.
I don't have any issue or fear with them, but I know grown married men who will get squeamish when a period is mentioned around them. Some people I know won't walk down the aisle where all the pads and shit are or they get grossed out by anything that seems to remotely have to do with periods. I was in Target the other day and I found these little ice pads that you put in the freeze and then put in your panties to help with injury after pregnancy (I didn't know this, I just thought it's hot as fuck in here. I'd be lying if I claimed I hadn't thought of putting ice in my pants before).

Well some random dude nearby saw me looking at it and he started looking and then he was like "That's fucking gross. What kind of degenerate shit is this?"

I tell this story to basically say that I think more than just periods America has an issue with the idea of vaginas being mentioned or spoken about

reiatsuflow

Y'all fucking weird man.

Periods are normal in murika too and they've been apart of and referenced in tv, movies, books, etc my whole life.

We're stuck in a culture rut where we always have to be breaking some glass ceiling even though it was already broken god knows how long ago.

I don't have any issue or fear with them, but I know grown married men who will get squeamish when a period is mentioned around them. Some people I know won't walk down the aisle where all the pads and shit are or they get grossed out by anything that seems to remotely have to do with periods. I was in Target the other day and I found these little ice pads that you put in the freeze and then put in your panties to help with injury after pregnancy (I didn't know this, I just thought it's hot as fuck in here. I'd be lying if I claimed I hadn't thought of putting ice in my pants before).

Well some random dude nearby saw me looking at it and he started looking and then he was like "That's fucking gross. What kind of degenerate shit is this?"

I tell this story to basically say that I think more than just periods America has an issue with the idea of vaginas being mentioned or spoken about

Periods are normal in murika too and they've been apart of and referenced in tv, movies, books, etc my whole life.

We're stuck in a culture rut where we always have to be breaking some glass ceiling even though it was already broken god knows how long ago.

To reiterate: Y'all fucking weird, man.

but yeah rt i think any perceived negative attitude to the idea of periods being 'normal' in the US is overstated

i'm sure if you go on mgtow boards you'll see a bunch of 'periods are gross' type posts but any guy who's actually had experience with women just considers them a normal thing :blobshrug

reiatsuflow

And for the record I was being sarcastic with the erection comment and I think it's perfectly fine for men to be shamed for having them in public because it makes other people uncomfortable and generally speaking we could all use a little more shame these days. (and that's coming from a shameless sexist racist who voted for donald trump)

:dontpepe

Subarashii

I see you
No they didn't....

OMG they did.

Y'all fucking weird man.
Most guys think periods are gross here and women are terrified of getting a leak.

Top Bottom