• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

PC PS4 XB1 Elden Ring [FromSoftware - G.R.R. Martin]

Vermilion Kn

Eldric Draconik
I usually stan for anything FS related but too many devs I used to trust have disappointed me with unpolished games and false advertising so I'll proceed with caution and wait for reviews.

It looks like your standard FS affair, a lot of it looks like DS 3 tbh which is ok in my book as long as the game play remains solid.

Also FFS make a BB 2 already.

Vermilion Kn

Eldric Draconik
Can't wait :obamabury

While i doubt any of From Software games can ever top Bloodborne, this looks awesome :blessed

They can top BB.........with BB 2.

Check out this vid. The concepts are incredible, the one with a maritime/whale as eldritch beings is simply majestic and everything I could want in a sequel.

Also FFS make a BB 2 already.
No and you know why!

Because this is an IP Sony owns.
From Soft should never make a new sequel there until Sony puts it on all platforms, the same for DemSouls.

And I think they will do that as they take so much less sales with only Sony games and the vast profits go to Sony by what only the IP ... so NO.

While i doubt any of From Software games can ever top Bloodborne,
Gameplay wise from the trailer alone this shits on BB.

Vermilion Kn

Eldric Draconik
No and you know why!

Because this is an IP Sony owns.
From Soft should never make a new sequel there until Sony puts it on all platforms, the same for DemSouls.

And I think they will do that as they take so much less sales with only Sony games and the vast profits go to Sony by what only the IP ... so NO.

I could care less about platform fidelity as long as I get it and it's polished.

I could care less about platform fidelity as long as I get it and it's polished.
I could care less about IP owned by Sony.

Want a new BB ask Sony to make it, stop bothering FS with it

ER is already better than BB by being on all platforms.

I mean we have not even release ER and we are asking for BB2, hell no. Sony should make it, they should ask Blue Point :hestonpls

And lastly BB has one of the most horrible frame pacing in gaming so there is no polish there.

Vermilion Kn

Eldric Draconik
I could care less about IP owned by Sony.

Want a new BB ask Sony to make it, stop bothering FS with it

ER is already better than BB by being on all platforms.

I mean we have not even release ER and we are asking for BB2, hell no.

Chill son we're just talking.

ER looks like your standard FS game which isn't bad. DS, Sekiro and BB are some of favorite games.

As for ER having better gameplay I need to see more. What I love about BB aside from the cosmic horror is the fast pace make your own openings gameplay which imo is better than the slower you can block stuff from DS.

is the fast pace make your own openings gameplay which imo is better than the slower you can block stuff from DS.
And if you have seen the trailer this is fast paced AF.

ER looks like your standard FS game which isn't bad. DS, Sekiro and BB are some of favorite games.
Watch the trailer again, this is not your standar DS game.

You block with the sword ala Sekiro, you have mounted combat, you cast so fast the sword, you shot arrows after rolling.
You can dodged by jumping, you have stealth combat.

BB looks like 0.1 version gameplay wise.

And that is just 10% on what it is new.

This is so much faster than BB that it looks close to Sekiro.

Again I suggest re watching the gameplay part of the video.

what I would want is a 120FPS mode for PC as I do want to play it on my 144hrz Screen.

Last edited:

Hit The Badass

They can top BB.........with BB 2.

Check out this vid. The concepts are incredible, the one with a maritime/whale as eldritch beings is simply majestic and everything I could want in a sequel.
I have already seen this video.

But man, tge crazy and unique idea people can come up with are fascinating

This looks like Darks Souls 3, open world with Sekiro like speed and deflects, Shadow of the Colossus type of enemies for which you will use your mount to fight it.

Also I saw some jumping from you when dodging and attacking and also jumping with the horse.

Jake CENA

BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!
The monster designs are fucking awesome and the gameplay looks better enough already than DS3

Can't wait for this!!! :bury

Miyazaki is creatively bankrupt if he’s making just another souls game that’s open world

come on
Don't buy it

This one game has more gameplay innovation vs the other than the entire Sony exclusives from PS4 and PS5, excluding of course BB and DemSouls.

We don't want graphics, we don't want ray tracing.
We don't want something different but more of the same buffed to the max.

O and we don't want a DS2 repeat, that had no Miyazaki in it and it showed, and no BB as that is exclusive to one platform, don't want that frame pacing in no FS game ever again and of course 60fps+, 144hrz if the engine can.

Last edited:

Hit The Badass

This one game has more gameplay innovation vs the other than the entire Sony exclusives from PS4 and PS5, excluding of course BB and DemSouls.

I don't want to call names but something.........Uncharted......something...... Last of Us..... something ........falls in that category :russ

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
Might as well fold your interest on this.

Might be time to accept that FromSoft will be derivative as all hell going forward. Worse things to copy paste honestly. Those bosses at the end of the trailer look fantastic. Maybe they'll come up with something more inventive in the future that ain't Deracine.

I personally enjoy the lack of Dark Fantasy shlock here which was getting REALLY old.

Vault

Time: Donut of the heart
Might be time to accept that FromSoft will be derivative as all hell going forward. Worse things to copy paste honestly. Those bosses at the end of the trailer look fantastic. Maybe they'll come up with something more inventive in the future that ain't Deracine.

I personally enjoy the lack of Dark Fantasy shlock here which was getting REALLY old.
Yeah it's a shame. This is just now becoming more of the same. Rehashing the same ideas. No thanks

I don't want to call names but something.........Uncharted......something...... Last of Us..... something ........falls in that category :russ
Uncharted and Last of Us ... innovative ... :russ What did they reinvent the Tomb Rider formula?

I mean Last of Us part 2, still can't implement decent gun control, Even Fallout 4 has better gun control and that was supposed to be an RPG.

In what ... motion capture?

Either way only on this forum people will complain that a new FS IP is too much like Dark Souls :russ

Last edited:

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
Yeah it's a shame. This is just now becoming more of the same. Rehashing the same ideas. No thanks

You'll get a few new ideas but the core is very much Souls. If you're burned out, it's perfectly understandable. Plenty of people already are.

I didn't spend hundreds of hours on the Souls series. I only replayed Dark Souls 1 and Sekiro so I didn't drown myself in it. Having another one after some good years feels digestible to me. The OST sounds awesome, the art direction for the setting is amazing and probably the most refreshing aspect of it.

The bosses look fucking sick - As repetitive as having another Dragon in a FromSoft game, watching a stylish dragon grab a lighting bolt from the sky and using it against you is just cool. Plus the chick with the prosthetic arm in the CGI trailer is here and has a fat ass. I can dig it. And the many armed King facing you in a graveyard while wrecking the tombstones around you is great. It'll be a shame to see all these bosses as one offs but what can you do. Souls always needed rival characters, honestly.

Ironically, I don't care about horse combat/stealth and those are the new ideas it brings. I'm also afraid the open world will bring the game down like so many Japanese open world games.

Last edited:

I mean yeah. Long gone are the days of Kuon. It's their winning formula. Some innovation would be great, but you can't really fault them for doing what they do best.

The bosses look fucking sick - As repetitive as having another Dragon in a FromSoft game, watching a stylish dragon grab a lighting bolt from the sky and using it against you just cool. Plus the chick with the prosthetic arm in the CGI trailer is here and has a fat ass. I can dig it.

Yeah, the enemies and overall setting/style is the selling point. Shit looks cool as fuck.

Simon

‏‏‎Resetera User
Don't buy it

Alrighty buddy, let’s calm down here we have a single trailer, you said the same thing about cyberpunk lol

I don’t mind the rehashing of the “dark fantasy” aesthetic. It’s the gameplay I’m specifically talking about. At its core it can play like a souls game, but if it plays exactly like the last 3 souls games without any sort of innovation or change to that core formula, no thanks.

I had the same concern with NiOh 2, which were put at ease with the introduction of new weapons that all played dramatically different, demon mode, etc.

Top Bottom