News Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (2022) - General Thread

Are you hyped for the upcoming movie "Dragon Ball Super: Superhero"?

• Total voters
This movie was so good, it got everyone speechless. I mean, that’s why this thread suddenly died, right?
I thought it was good. But it wasn't as good as the Broly Movie. There was a lot of silliness in this movie and I wasn't a fan of the cgi approach. While the seriousness of the Broly Movie combined with that amazing animation was so good.

OLK

This movie was so good, it got everyone speechless. I mean, that’s why this thread suddenly died, right?
Honestly though, I found the movie entertaining. But it's also a big nothing burger. Gohan and Piccolo get mad, get powerups, beat up a Cell copy and save the day. Nothing really to talk about, it was basically a pretty filler episode tbh. The big talking points would've been the wish to give Piccolo powers and Gohan's new transformation...except the manga already did the wish powerup thing a year ago so we talked about that, and Gohan's powerup has no info or anything, it's just like Trunks' powerup in the Zamasu arc. Just came out of nowhere with no explanation except "yeah he got mad"

ChadtheGoat

Honestly though, I found the movie entertaining. But it's also a big nothing burger. Gohan and Piccolo get mad, get powerups, beat up a Cell copy and save the day. Nothing really to talk about, it was basically a pretty filler episode tbh. The big talking points would've been the wish to give Piccolo powers and Gohan's new transformation...except the manga already did the wish powerup thing a year ago so we talked about that, and Gohan's powerup has no info or anything, it's just like Trunks' powerup in the Zamasu arc. Just came out of nowhere with no explanation except "yeah he got mad"

Gohan is a genius who has been training since he was 4 years old, doesn't need much explanation he's a mutant his potential has always been giant.

Man somebody send me a damn link for this movie and stop playing smh.
better wait for the dub like 90% of the fanbase is waiting, i don't know if you're a fan of the japanese version.

my friend said he won't watch the japanese version, Toei screwed up the movie should be world release.

BlazingInferno

Forum Ninja
Don’t act like y'all never liked the English dub. And don’t act like you never hated the Japanese version with old lady voice Goku, Gohan, Goten and Bardock either.

Vice

Don’t act like y'all never liked the English dub. And don’t act like you never hated the Japanese version with old lady voice Goku, Gohan, Goten and Bardock either.
I liked the Ocean Dub, regardless of the censoring. I thought they had the more talented actors of them and Funimation. I also hate Schemmel and Sabat and they're most of the important cast.

Other than that, I've always much preferred the Japanese dub.

∞Eternity∞

"The one thing they love more than a hero, is to see a hero, fail, fall, die trying."
Yeah always loved the English dub and I always will. The Japanese dub took me some getting used to. Mostly Goku. The English dub for Z cell, adult Gohan, Future trunks, and zamasu are some of my favorites

Vice

Yeah always loved the English dub and I always will. The Japanese dub took me some getting used to. Mostly Goku. The English dub for Z cell, adult Gohan, Future trunks, and zamasu are some of my favorites
There's some decent actors employed by Funimation, I just find their top two to be insufferable. Both acting and as people

OG sama

Gohan is a genius who has been training since he was 4 years old, doesn't need much explanation he's a mutant his potential has always been giant.

better wait for the dub like 90% of the fanbase is waiting, i don't know if you're a fan of the japanese version.

my friend said he won't watch the japanese version, Toei screwed up the movie should be world release.
It doesn’t matter to me honestly, I just want to watch smh.

I liked the Ocean Dub, regardless of the censoring. I thought they had the more talented actors of them and Funimation. I also hate Schemmel and Sabat and they're most of the important cast.

The Ocean Dub is my Childhood. :gglife :HeartPepe90's & early 00's Children were truly blessed.

Brain Drummond screaming is God Tier

Last edited:

KennethLT

Hard disagree my guy. I really think the Japanese dub is just better by many leagues.

I don’t hate the English dub, so that’s where we agree.

BlazingInferno

Forum Ninja
Hard disagree my guy. I really think the Japanese dub is just better by many leagues.

I don’t hate the English dub, so that’s where we agree.
Idk, I could’ve sworn before Super was dubbed that people weren’t thrilled of having to put up with hearing Japanese Goku. I know I wasn’t at first but I got used to it. Everyone else outside his family, I didn’t have an issue with. Zamasu definitely has the better voice in Japanese. But I know the hate for the English dub began around the time of the Kick Vic shit and suddenly, "it was never good". If you live in the US, I call bullshit.

Mider T

Apples and Bananers

OLK

I love the Japanese voices. Ocean dub was first for me, hated the voice actor change that happened when Ginyu arrived, and then I bought bootlegs to watch the Cell and Boo arcs while the Funimation dub was still on early Android

So I was way more familiar with the Japanese dub and the Japanese was how I was introduced to Cell and Boo. I do like some of the Funimation music, and Cell's VA is amazing in every dub somehow. Also like Evil Boo's voice

∞Eternity∞

"The one thing they love more than a hero, is to see a hero, fail, fall, die trying."

This animation and art style is superb. I demand this for the next animated project of dragon ball. Preferably the anime

Top Bottom