• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Dragon Ball Multiverse

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
Shit awful, I’m still pissed at Gohan’s stupid ass position in all of this.

Makes no sense whatsoever to be so forgiving of Bra’s insanity, especially when she literally has no reason for the wanton destruction she consistently causes. Shit terrible.

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
Also, his justification for being mad at Cell made no sense.

Cell did everything in his power to help the good guys, including sparing combatants intentionally and forcibly motivating him. Without Cell's participation and protection of his allies (especially 18Bra) everyone would be dead and SSJ2 Bra would've rampaged throughout any universe of Babidi's choosing. It's ridiculous to say it was for his own pleasure when he willingly fought and died to help stop Bra. One thing we know for sure is that Cell doesn't enjoy losing, even by a little bit, yet he offered his life twice to save the universe.

Meanwhile she's being forgiven for giving into Babidi's control, lol. Fucking awful writing.

Xhominid

The Avaricious
Shit awful, I’m still pissed at Gohan’s stupid ass position in all of this.

Makes no sense whatsoever to be so forgiving of Bra’s insanity, especially when she literally has no reason for the wanton destruction she consistently causes. Shit terrible.
Also, his justification for being mad at Cell made no sense.

Cell did everything in his power to help the good guys, including sparing combatants intentionally and forcibly motivating him. Without Cell's participation and protection of his allies (especially 18Bra) everyone would be dead and SSJ2 Bra would've rampaged throughout any universe of Babidi's choosing. It's ridiculous to say it was for his own pleasure when he willingly fought and died to help stop Bra. One thing we know for sure is that Cell doesn't enjoy losing, even by a little bit, yet he offered his life twice to save the universe.

Meanwhile she's being forgiven for giving into Babidi's control, lol. Fucking awful writing.

Like I said before, none of this makes sense with not only Gohan's actions, but his knowledge of what Bra has done in the past and how this makes no sense with the information we got on Gohan now from Super.
Gohan pretty much brushes off not only Bra killing scores of people but Piccolo and himself off like "Yeah it's no biggie dying because "loldragonballs"
We know this is bullshit because Gohan explicitly knocked out Nappa for FAR LESS(He didn't kill Videl and only attacked her and he didn't even know what happened when he was brought back to life) and him holding a grudge against Cell for even more ridiculous reasons.

He then, completely OOC and then some, proceeds to pretend that Pan's fear of Bra despite her seeing his dead body and the bodies of others she knows and loves doesn't fucking matter and she should suck it up. The same Gohan that pretty much will go to hell and back for his daughter and dotes on her like crazy. Even if we take out the Super equation, Gohan literally became an EVEN WORSE FATHER THAN GOKU TO MAKE BRA LOOK SYMPATHETIC!

BUT! Even if we ignore all of this, ignore how the Majin Marks work and go with all of the shit Salagir wants to say... she still nuked an entire Solar System with no actual regard for anyone and when she was told about it, she was happy she surpassed Gohan.
There's no way in fuck Vegito told no one of what Bra did because you think he would do everything possible to make certain Bra doesn't explode like that again, especially when we take how he says it as the truth. Gohan should not be giving Bra a damn slap on the wrist for shit like this, he should be virtually done with her for the fact she will never stop.

In a good comic, Bra would actually either be murdered or sealed off from everyone else... but this is Dragonball Multiverse...

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
ignore how the Majin Marks work
You mean like Salagir has been doing?

I agree, btw, Gohan's character has been assassinated in these pages. Where is the Gohan that refused to indulge Bra's temper tantrums? That told Vegito off for his ego? I used to love DBM Gohan, now he's as garbage as all the rest.

Neruc

Neat
I agree, btw, Gohan's character has been assassinated in these pages. Where is the Gohan that refused to indulge Bra's temper tantrums? That told Vegito off for his ego? I used to love DBM Gohan, now he's as garbage as all the rest.
My thoughts exactly dude, DBM Gohan and Cell were my favorite characters, only for Gohan's character to take a nose dive straight into the dumpster this chapter :catcry

I hope to god that Cell's character doesn't get hacked to pieces too.

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
I hope to god that Cell's character doesn't get hacked to pieces too.
At least he'll be against Vegeta, who's still pretty great. Maybe they'll just have awesome "I'm better than you" dialogue and wash this taste out of everyone's mouth.

OLK

Canon Gohan would've forgiven Bra and would've shook Cell's hand, since being overly forgiving is a trait he shares with his father. Cell's motives wouldn't have mattered, because the end result would be that regardless of his motives, he did the right thing and worked to save lives. That wouldn't have been lost on Gohan. It's the same reason why he thanked Vegeta, and why the team let Freeza go

Salagir Gohan however took out all his frustration over Bra on Cell for no reason lmao

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
Canon Gohan wouldn't forgive Freeza. What makes everyone think he'd forgive Bra? If he did it would take years for it to happen like how long it took him to forgive Vegeta for what he had done to Gohan personally.
Especially given people keep trying to compare her to Vegeta, there's no way she'd be so easily excused in canon.

The humans didn't trust Piccolo well into the Android saga, for example.

SuperSaiyaMan12

The Seventh Hokage's arrived.
Especially given people keep trying to compare her to Vegeta, there's no way she'd be so easily excused in canon.
And Bra defenders go 'Vegeta did a lot worse and HE was forgiven so what gives!' The response is: Vegeta went through a genuine character arc that took years in both real time and in universe to go from the mass murdering galactic pirate to a honorable if brash warrior and loving father he is now. Bra doesn't have any of that. Her turn was the most poorly written and everyone forgiving her just screams of that people are being fucking mind controlled just to give Vegito the excuse to go bad.

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
Not to mention Vegeta died brutally for his crimes, Bra has never faced any comeuppance whatsoever.

She's a Karma Houdini, one of the worst I've ever seen.

KennethLT

People should just accept whatever is happening with Bra and move on. doesn’t really matter if it makes sense or not.

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
People should just accept whatever is happening with Bra and move on. doesn’t really matter if it makes sense or not.
I don’t agree with this stance, but I also don’t believe complaints matter to Salagir.

I’m mostly interested in the story outside of the Briefs family drama. :mlpshrug

KennethLT

Dude. Complaining about a thing that makes the comic worse does help.
It helps sometimes, but like the quote below me says:
I don’t agree with this stance, but I also don’t believe complaints matter to Salagir.
Complaining really isn't gonna change anything as of now, and I think we have all complained for so long we really said all that was needed to be said about it.

OLK

Canon Gohan wouldn't forgive Freeza. What makes everyone think he'd forgive Bra? If he did it would take years for it to happen like how long it took him to forgive Vegeta for what he had done to Gohan personally.
Freeza was forced to help them, he didn't choose to do it. And guess what, Gohan still trusted him to do what needed to be done
Gohan forgave Vegeta on Namek while he was still evil, and went to shake his hand after Namek for helping them figure out a way to revive Goku. He pretty much forgave Vegeta immediately when he helped them against Freeza. Have no idea where this "look how long it took him to forgive Vegeta" thing is coming from. He immediately forgave Vegeta after he willingly got possessed as well. Gohan immediately accepted Boo into the group despite all that he did.
"What makes everyone think he'd forgive Bra"

Because it's his sister, lmao wtf? Ya'll have fanfic versions of these characters in your heads, with fanfic versions of events. you're starting to become as bad as Salagir at this point. Gohan is as forgiving as Goku, he just isn't as naive as him. Time to bathe in dislikes :obamalaugh

SuperSaiyaMan12

Freeza was forced to help them, he didn't choose to do it. And guess what, Gohan still trusted him to do what needed to be done
Gohan forgave Vegeta on Namek while he was still evil, and went to shake his hand after Namek for helping them figure out a way to revive Goku. He pretty much forgave Vegeta immediately when he helped them against Freeza. Have no idea where this "look how long it took him to forgive Vegeta" thing is coming from. He immediately forgave Vegeta after he willingly got possessed as well. Gohan immediately accepted Boo into the group despite all that he did.
"What makes everyone think he'd forgive Bra"

Because it's his sister, lmao wtf? Ya'll have fanfic versions of these characters in your heads, with fanfic versions of events. you're starting to become as bad as Salagir at this point. Gohan is as forgiving as Goku, he just isn't as naive as him. Time to bathe in dislikes :obamalaugh
How did you become a Saligir stan who defends this fucking shit with every single post, OLK?

OLK

How did you become a Saligir stan who defends this fucking shit with every single post, OLK?
I don't even read DBM aside from what you guys post here. But I'm not gonna sit here and let ya'll act like DBZ was this huge dramatic soap opera.
Saying Gohan took years to forgive Vegeta is an outright lie

SuperSaiyaMan12

I don't even read DBM aside from what you guys post here. But I'm not gonna sit here and let ya'll act like DBZ was this huge dramatic soap opera.
It wasn't but there were times when 'forgive and forget' was tossed out and you fucking know it. And you do defend this shit every single time knowing that trolling like this will get you attention.

OLK

It wasn't but there were times when 'forgive and forget' was tossed out and you fucking know it. And you do defend this shit every single time knowing that trolling like this will get you attention.
Name me an instance where Goku or Gohan refused to forgive someone in DB who was asking for forgiveness
And really? Running to the troll card? Man up my guy. Not everyone is gonna be your echo chamber. You don't have any defense so you running to troll and "you must be a Salagir fan!"

Salagir is shit and DBM is shit. But I'm not the one continuing to read garbage that never has payoff for any storyline they put out. Or getting angry at a crap comic that wasted two years on Bra just beating everyone up with no payoff or resolution

Xhominid

The Avaricious
Name me an instance where Goku or Gohan refused to forgive someone in DB who was asking for forgiveness

Frieza? When in the fuck did Goku OR Gohan forgive him for anything? Or Cell? Or Super/Kid Buu?
Or let's go with the biggest recent example: Zamasu.
Did they forgive him?
The only person they forgave from their villain sector as of late was Broly... and Broly wasn't even a fucking villain, he was a VICTIM.

And really? Running to the troll card? Man up my guy. Not everyone is gonna be your echo chamber. You don't have any defense so you running to troll and "you must be a Salagir fan!"

You are very much acting like one to consistently defend the series over and over again by bringing up nonsense that isn't even relevant for most of the Z Cast(In which no, most of the characters WAS weary over Piccolo and especially Vegeta for years)

Salagir is shit and DBM is shit. But I'm not the one continuing to read garbage that never has payoff for any storyline they put out. Or getting angry at a crap comic that wasted two years on Bra just beating everyone up with no payoff or resolution

Considering you keep defending the crap despite people telling you how full of shit your answers are, again and again, I would say that you are absolutely no better, if not worse than the people you say are being bad for continuing to read something.
It's like you keep forgetting some people continue to read because they've been on this shit for over a decade and they want closure. I mean it's not like this forum was literally once named over a series most of the people here found was going down the crapper and doing the same shit for the same reason at all, nope.

OLK

Frieza? When in the fuck did Goku OR Gohan forgive him for anything?
Freeza never asked for forgiveness. You weirdly left that out of the comment you quoted. And even then, Goku forgives him and thinks of him as an ally. Vegeta doesn't. This was one of the biggest criticisms of DBS Broly, where Goku treats Freeza like he's some friendly rival while Freeza continues to torment the universe. Gohan also trusted him in the ToP to do what needed to be done, which is also what I said earlier.

ou are very much acting like one to consistently defend the series over and over again by bringing up nonsense that isn't even relevant for most of the Z Cast(In which no, most of the characters WAS weary over Piccolo and especially Vegeta for years)
"Not relevant"
No, I'm calling you all out on your nonsense. Seems to be a triggering point here. I've said it time and time again, it's annoying when something is shit, and instead of people calling out the shit for the reasons it's shit, they instead make up all these issues that were also part of the main series. Which is what you keep doing time and time again
Vegetto is wildly out of character and terribly written
The specials are garbage
Bra's entire arc is a poorly done rehash of Majin Vegeta with far worse writing
Bra gets way too much focus
Bra has nothing to her character outside of "arrogant bitch" and then suddenly she gets this "tragic" backstory out of fucking nowhere!
Bra breaking the Majin spell by talking to herself is garbage, especially since main universe Bra was a complete nothing character
The specials are garbage
The supposed main characters of this story, Goku and the main universe, have fuck all to do
Plot elements constantly get introduced and then dropped with no resolution. Salagir introduces what he thinks is cool and then has no idea how to resolve it because he's a hack
Gohan goes off on Cell after he worked hard to save his life, for no reason other than "Gohan must be Clark Kent!"

I can go on and on with my issues with this dreck. But I check the thread and instead of people shitting on this for the many legit reasons, instead it's essays on "OMG GOHAN FORGAVE HIS SISTER", which is the one thing canon Gohan would actually do

So yes, it's annoying seeing all the terrible nonsense of this fanfic get ignored while you focus on the one non issue in this dreck. The only one who actually shits on this garbage for the right reasons is Blade

OLK

Remorseful broken Bra would've had my interest if Salagir was able to keep in his pants for just one second. But he couldn't do that and IMMEDIATELY had Vegetto take the blame for all of her actions, resolving her of all guilt. So now this "I'm so sad and regretful" thing falls flat, because Salagir already made every character remove her culpability for her murderous rampage. So wtf is she even atoning for if the story made Vegetto the villain
This shit is garbage

Plague

Punches People in the Face
Alright, let's settle down, gentlemen.

It's not worth getting this worked up over. And there is some truth to Gohan being forgiving.

What really ruined the Majin Bra stuff was the aftermath. Buu being able to magically fix everything just made it all feel like a colossal waste of time. And no comeuppance on Bra other than a kick from Vegito (and then him later getting all the blame) just added lemon juice to the wound.

Salagir is a shit writer, but in the end we are the ones who decided to click and read. I dropped it entirely during the Cold fight (Senzugate lol) and 99% of the Majinization crap.

EDIT:
I think if I were to redo it, Gohan should have been more stern. And possibly referenced when Vegeta and Spopovitch were controlled. They still had some semblance of control and will. He should have recognized in Bra that some part of her must have wanted to kill them.

Neruc

Neat
Remorseful broken Bra would've had my interest if Salagir was able to keep in his pants for just one second. But he couldn't do that and IMMEDIATELY had Vegetto take the blame for all of her actions, resolving her of all guilt. So now this "I'm so sad and regretful" thing falls flat, because Salagir already made every character remove her culpability for her murderous rampage. So wtf is she even atoning for if the story made Vegetto the villain
This shit is garbage
I don't want to keep harping on Bra cause there's already enough of that and the Cell interaction was the part that made me scratch my head, but I think very early on in the story the signs that Bra's behavior was gonna be blamed on someone else weren't there.

Gohan talked Bra down when she threw a fairly understandable anger tantrum over Pan's death.

Vegetto stayed calm and didn't snap at her when she nearly killed him when they were fighting Buu and instead tried to use her next opponent as a lesson and test (which she totally failed and the funny thing is back then people thought Vegito was too forgiving towards her :lmao )

I think the issue might actually be that under those conditions, her immense anger issues had absolutely 0 justification? Vegetto was a good dad and everyone else was good too, so where did her issues stem from?

At some point, Vegetto got turned into a raging, immature asshole and all the blame got tossed on him like you said, but if you think about it, even in this new context it doesn't explain anything. The first time that Vegito snapped at Bra from what we have seen was after she already blew up a solar system and killed a planet of innocents + Goten, and she was already an arrogant asshole back then too, so we still don't really know the cause behind her behavior :psyduck

I think this could have been much more justifiable with just a bit of fine-tuning. There are already panels in DBM where Vegetto lamented the fact that he was so strong he was never gonna face a real challenge again in his life, so you could write that Bra felt pressured to become strong enough to give her dad the challenge he wanted and that it led to her having an extremely negative reaction when an opponent actually bested her in combat.

That would lead into the special chapter with those 3 stooges. She gets overwhelmed by them, snaps, turns SSJ2 and obliterates them, accidentally busting the solar system in the process because it's too much power for her to control. She's so lost in the achievement and growth in power that the level of death and destruction she caused passes her by, and I don't mean it in the way that the chapter did with that stupid "Oh so I surpassed Gohan?" bit, I mean like a kind of animalistic, overwhelmed reaction that you could expect from a super young child that just unleashed SSJ2 for the very first time.

That in turn would make Vegetto appearing and giving her the talk he did in the special hurt much more, because now instead of seeing her as an opponent he saw her as a danger to the universe, which is totally understandable.

Ofc the issue then would be that with such a good support network, Bra should realistically overcome these problems by the time of DBM anyway, but I think that it'd be better than what we got.

Sorry if this was long-winded, but I wanted to get my viewpoint on the whole Bra debacle across in one go because I really don't want to pay it much attention from now on :lmao

Top Bottom