• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Contest Dragon Ball Drawing Contest

Vote for your favorite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MShadows

Deathbat

Welcome to the Dragon Ball Drawing Contest !

RULES

⍟ The submissions must be Dragon Ball related (DB/Z/Super/GT/Heroes/etc.), however OC's or meme-ish characters are not accepted. On the other hand, game-only Dragon Ball characters from official game releases are fine.
⍟ This is a FREE THEME contest.
⍟ The drawings can be done either traditionally (pencil art) or digitally, in black & white or in color.
⍟ GIFs are not allowed.
⍟ No tracing allowed! Using references, however, is accepted.
⍟ The submissions must be made for this contest specifically. Old drawings are not accepted!
⍟ Do not post your entries in other threads!
⍟ The participants can sign their drawings if they wish to, but during the voting phase the signature will be hidden digitally in the best way possible. After the contest is over and the winners are announced, the drawings will be posted with their signatures revealed.
⍟ Do not reveal the contents of your submission to other members or imply which one is yours.
⍟ Send your submission to me @MShadows via PM with the title "Dragon Ball Drawing Contest".
⍟ The deadline for submitting your entry is August 17 at 12 PM UTC.

VOTING PROCESS

Dragon Ball section regulars will vote in a public poll for their favorite entry. The entries with the highest number of votes will be declared winners.
⍟ Participants cannot vote for their own submission in the public poll.
⍟ Member who joined July 29, 2020 onward cannot vote.
⍟ The poll will be open for 5 days. You cannot change votes, so be careful when voting!
⍟ Digitally done entries receive one extra point. Colored entries also receive one extra point as well!

PRIZES

The entries will receive the following prizes:

1st place: 12 CC points (or 1 month big avatar)
2nd place: 5 CC points (or 1 month sparkles)
3rd place: 3 CC points (or 1 month html usertitle)

Participation rep: 50,000 rep

If multiple participants tie for the same place then they will all receive their respective prizes.

Good luck!

:Mshad

ENTRIES

Entry #1

Entry #2

Entry #3

Entry #4

Entry #5

Gogeta

Shape shifter
I am going to be EXTREMELY subtle with my entry. I wager none of you will guess my entry.

James Bond

007 - License to Shit Post
So let's try to do the maths then..

5 minutes on Namek was 10 episodes (roughly 3 hours)

1 Namek hour would then be 36 hours

5 Namek days would be equal to 4,320 hours (180 days)

MShadows

Deathbat
Alright ladies and gents, we've reached the deadline therefore no further entries will be accepted!

The poll will be up shortly. Look forward to the voting process!

:Mshad

God Movement

CEO of the Corporation
They are all really good. As someone who has great taste and knows good art better than anyone please take that as a compliment. This is difficult. #5 is the best in my opinion from a technical standpoint, very detailed use of toning and shading. There's also a real depth to 18's eyes that stands out to me, and of course the trademark cold expression she has is captured perfectly. I can't fault it.

But I also like unique, creative art that makes me feel something and #4 does that for me. I can't say why exactly, but I just like it. It's emotive.

#4 and #5 are my definitive favourites.

I like the line work in #1, there was real effort put into making Gogeta's clothes seem "real". Also very creative how his suit jacket is an altered version of his fusion outfit. The lighting here is fantastic also. Real detail and effort put in here to make the image feel dynamic.

#2 could use some more shading depth, but I like how the hair is drawn and how the lighting is done to give her hair some sheen.

Lastly #3, probably the second best drawn from a purely a technical standpoint. Great linework and shading and Videl's likeness is captured well.

I feel like I have to go with #5 because it's the best drawn all-round. But #4 is definitely more of what I tend to like.

MShadows

Deathbat
We've got some very nicely done drawings here. All unique and ready to be admired!

Good luck to all the contestants and make sure to vote for your favorite in the poll.

Gogeta

Shape shifter
I really like the 5th one. Really like the style. Really nice toning, as well as chosen color palette. There is not much negative to say here. Her left eye seems a little off yet can't pinpoint exactly what, but even that is nitpicking.

I also really like the 3rd one. Nice lineart and simple but effective cel shading. I will say a cleaner lineart and a bit more shadow work would do wonders. For example, if the light is coming from the top right of the picture, everything under her neck and on the left shoulder would be in shadow.

The 2nd one has a nice hair, and i even like the stylized face, but the proportions/perspective are off, namely on the back and tits.

The 4th one probably had the most effort put in it out of all the entries, and i really like the one point perspective as well as your ability to fit in so many people in the drawing, but its more of a drawing with a DB character in it than a DB drawing.

Unless you were trying some back go the future shit im not grasping

Entry 1 has too much me-pandering and ofcourse its too homosexual so im most disappointed in it.

Loni

Suns
Entry 1 - It's got that Spike Speigel, from Cowboy Bebop, vibe. I don't condone or push smoking but the art has nice lighting.
Entry 2 - That's a nice Android 21, she's looking back with a neutral expression but there's fire in those eyes.
Entry 3 - It's Videl. Nice foreshortening in the arm and she is drawn in a nice style.
Entry 4 - It's Trunks. Nice scene, the foreground buildings and Bulma's bike look cool.
Entry 5 - A nice drawing and painting of Android 18. The hair and face are rendered really well.

Although there were only five entries, they were all top shelf, quality.

∞GODSPEED∞

The King 👑
They are all really good. As someone who has great taste and knows good art better than anyone please take that as a compliment. This is difficult. #5 is the best in my opinion from a technical standpoint, very detailed use of toning and shading. There's also a real depth to 18's eyes that stands out to me, and of course the trademark cold expression she has is captured perfectly. I can't fault it.

But I also like unique, creative art that makes me feel something and #4 does that for me. I can't say why exactly, but I just like it. It's emotive.

#4 and #5 are my definitive favourites.

I like the line work in #1, there was real effort put into making Gogeta's clothes seem "real". Also very creative how his suit jacket is an altered version of his fusion outfit. The lighting here is fantastic also. Real detail and effort put in here to make the image feel dynamic.

#2 could use some more shading depth, but I like how the hair is drawn and how the lighting is done to give her hair some sheen.

Lastly #3, probably the second best drawn from a purely a technical standpoint. Great linework and shading and Videl's likeness is captured well.

I feel like I have to go with #5 because it's the best drawn all-round. But #4 is definitely more of what I tend to like.
General manager you're into the arts?! If I sent you some pictures of my work would you critique it?

Top Bottom