• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • LL
    Check out The Lifestyle Lounge Short Stories Competition!
    Deadline is July 26th, 2021 midnight, UCT..
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Convo Dragon Ball Convo #12: A Happy Ending... And Then...

Will the DBS anime return in 2021?

• Total voters

Fang

Titan
I did say it didn’t change its position :yumme
Of course.

But also because between the mid 90s (DBZ being close to ending) and the late 90s (right after GT ended), Touhou basically exploded with otakus in Japan. Also gap moe caused a generation shift in how perceptions with anime was in Japan, especially with its more hardcore fans and Touhou is the franchise that reaped this the most because Touhou started when DBZ and GT were ending.

KennethLT

Of course.

But also because between the mid 90s (DBZ being close to ending) and the late 90s (right after GT ended), Touhou basically exploded with otakus in Japan. Also gap moe caused a generation shift in how perceptions with anime was in Japan, especially with its more hardcore fans and Touhou is the franchise that reaped this the most because Touhou started when DBZ and GT were ending.
As a bonus, i think that the abundance of relevant characters in Touhou also help its fan art. Literally any character could be someone’s favorite and you would understand why.

Fang

Titan
As a bonus, i think that the abundance of relevant characters in Touhou also help its fan art. Literally any character could be someone’s favorite and you would understand why.
That and its a danmaku/bullet-hell shooter which revived that genre of games in Japan. Combine with it being built around Chinese and Japan folklore, Taoism vs Buddhism, etc...and Zun basically not being retarded with his fans like say how GW is with 40k ones right now or Disney with Star Wars ones and its not hard to see why 2hu is still massive.

Bill1001

That and its a danmaku/bullet-hell shooter which revived that genre of games in Japan. Combine with it being built around Chinese and Japan folklore, Taoism vs Buddhism, etc...and Zun basically not being retarded with his fans like say how GW is with 40k ones right now or Disney with Star Wars ones and its not hard to see why 2hu is still massive.
Wait whats the deal with GW?

Luiz

I haven't been reading the manga, but I decided to take a peek at chapter 64.

MUI actually displaying instantaneous defense AND attack??
:songoku

Toyo my boyo >>>>>>>>>>> 12 universes >>>>>>>>>> Toei
:vegetak

Last edited:

Fused

The Absolute God
Why are there so many boomers in this forum and in this section specifically by the way? It's like being in a museum surrounded by fossils 🤣

Pilaf

The Man in the Rain
Why are there so many boomers in this forum and in this section specifically by the way? It's like being in a museum surrounded by fossils 🤣

Does anyone here actually qualify as a baby boomer? I think a lot of us are Gen-X or older Millennial because Dragonball was originally airing on tv when we were kids.

KennethLT

Does anyone here actually qualify as a baby boomer? I think a lot of us are Gen-X or older Millennial because Dragonball was originally airing on tv when we were kids.
A good bunch of us are in our 20s and up. We are either gen Z (me) or millennials, with the occasional older people.

btw, fused is butthurt. He is venting the fact that he is lonely in these forums.

OLK

You gotta be in the mid 40s or older to be a baby boomer

Pilaf

The Man in the Rain
Like I said, they're pretty old, and people always forget Gen-X existed altogether.

Thanks to the internet, "Boomer" has become a jokey meme term for anyone who doesn't look like a teenager any more, but it's one of my pet peeves when it gets applied wrong, same as the grumpy old farts I work with who think the kids in high school are still Millennials. That ship has sailed and it's taking on water.

Top Bottom