Don't ninjas all carry tiny little comms gadgets these days? Back up would be good...

Kimi Sama

A sphincter says what?
Remember those wee little comm devices Team Gai randomly had? Do those come as standard or what?

Cause... I dunno, normally before engaging two super elite criminals who you KNOW can walk up and down your ass, it's a good idea to call some back up.

Or are they the sort of thing that gets conveniently forgoten, when it comes to being incrediably useful, like Sandaime's magic all seeing crystal ball?

I should imagine it could take as much as a day for back up to reach them, its not like they are that close to Konoha. That said a coms device to at least give some warning would be a decent idea.

I believe those com gadgets also appeared in volume 2, when team 7 was assigned to find and catch a missing cat.

Also, wasn't Anko wearing one at some point?

Kimi Sama said:
Or are they the sort of thing that gets conveniently forgoten, when it comes to being incrediably useful, like Sandaime's magic all seeing crystal ball?

pfft, Sandaime only used that to:

A) Make sure nobody was stopping his totalitarian regime

B) Watch Naruto practice his sexy jutsu

Thats all, let it be known that the Manga sources state that Sandi was a Paranoid ruler.

Think how many Victoms of his Vengence he and his Anbu crushed into the dirt, Vehemently paving Konoha's road to Valor over the ash backs of the Vigilant and Virtuous!!

The range is too low. That is why they communicate with the Sand with birds.

Another question is, why didn't they have them on in the first place? To be able to communicate should be an advantage.

Usual type of reasoning of long shonen manga creators:

There are no mobile phones in Naruto.. Unless there are mobile phones in Naruto... However that doesnt mean there will always be mobile phones in Naruto... Unless there are mobile phones in Naruto...

the range isn't that big a deal team gai used them over massive distances when opening the akatsuki booby traps.

I'm surprised at how many people are pullig the "range is too long" card here. That arguement doesn't really hold very well - I mean, the ninja society is smart enough to develope tiny, thumb nail sized transmittors, but they haven't quite worked out the distance thing?
You can't go about create midget sized short range radios without having moderately sized long range ones fist.
If you apply any kind of logic too it, any kind of solider group with access to comm tec would have a comms soldier.

Then again they should all have a medic too... and they dont. Even after Tsunade said how brilliant an (apparently new) idea it would be.

Guess ninja's are selectively retarded when it comes to tech and organisation. Just like Shinigami.

kazuyamishima said:
Usual type of reasoning of long shonen manga creators:

There are no mobile phones in Naruto.. Unless there are mobile phones in Naruto... However that doesnt mean there will always be mobile phones in Naruto... Unless there are mobile phones in Naruto...
This answer wins.

every ninja should carry a little recorder so when they know they are about to get pnwd they could leave a little message for there family and friends like, " shit dawg, this is bullshit, this guy is strong as shit, pour some hennesey out for me" or something like "keep it wet" to Kurenai from asuma

fenristhewlf said:
pfft, Sandaime only used that to:

A) Make sure nobody was stopping his totalitarian regime

B) Watch Naruto practice his sexy jutsu

Thats all, let it be known that the Manga sources state that Sandi was a Paranoid ruler.

Think how many Victoms of his Vengence he and his Anbu crushed into the dirt, Vehemently paving Konoha's road to Valor over the ash backs of the Vigilant and Virtuous!!
Quote for the win.

And despite the Kimi Sama post, I 'll still register with the too-long-of-a-distance Camp.

Kimi Sama said:
I'm surprised at how many people are pullig the "range is too long" card here. That arguement doesn't really hold very well - I mean, the ninja society is smart enough to develope tiny, thumb nail sized transmittors, but they haven't quite worked out the distance thing?
You can't go about create midget sized short range radios without having moderately sized long range ones fist.
If you apply any kind of logic too it, any kind of solider group with access to comm tec would have a comms soldier.

This world is not our world. Real life logic fails here. It was stated by kishi that ninjas are only capable of making short range radios. Therefore, its safe to assume that some outside force is causing long range communication devices to fail such as underground mineral deposits, wierd magnetic poles or some crazy alien in outerspace farting radiowaves out his ass. Whatever the fuck it is its there and thats under the assumption that there radios work on the same principle as ours. It could even be a completely different technology than ours which makes them incapable of producing long range devices. Open up ur minds people. Believe it or not, this is fictional, anything goes.

PoopTart said:
Open up ur minds people. Believe it or not, this is fictional, anything goes.
Oh yes, I'm well aware you have to suspend your disbelief if you want to read fiction. Especialy fiction about magic ninjas.

But the fact it isn't reality doesn't excuse silly things like this. Radios would have come in handy in so many parts of the manga, and yet they have only been used twice (and only once with consequence). If Kishimoto didn't want ninjas to always have radios, he shouldn't have introduced them at all.

Oh, and a random thought - we've seen summoning scrolls can be used to summon people, right? So, radio + summoning scroll = instant backup no jutsu!

well theres a thread in the telegrams section as well as info in the latest chapter that basically solves this issue.. lol.

the cell phones are restricted to naruto filler endings.

if it wasnt it would be pretty badass to see kakashi whip out a sidekick and naruto running around with bluetooth headset.

Back
Top Bottom