MCU Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022)

Jake CENA

BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!
I read the 'leaked' script for the Deadpool cameo and it was epic. I really wish that were true especially The Office and XMen references lol

Velocity

The Writing Writer
Reed and Black Bolt weren't in the movie originally
As cool as it is that they can just insert actors into scenes digitally, hearing this sort of thing and seeing the behind the scenes footage just makes you realise that 90% of these comic book movies are actors in a room surrounded by green screen. Most of the time, when two characters are talking to each other, the actors aren't even in the same room. It's no wonder that Elizabeth Olsen did a lie detector test for Vanity Fair and they were surprised when she told them she has never met John Krasinski, despite being in the same movie.

I'm not going to knock the technical expertise and talent that goes into making that sort of thing work, but it does make you miss when they'd build sets for these things and use clever camera tricks or practical effects. It just seemed more real.

I guess Marvel just prefers to do it this way because nobody can really spoil your movies if they act out every scene alone and only know their own lines. I just can't imagine how difficult it must be to act like that. Even voice actors get some sort of feedback.

OLK

As cool as it is that they can just insert actors into scenes digitally, hearing this sort of thing and seeing the behind the scenes footage just makes you realise that 90% of these comic book movies are actors in a room surrounded by green screen. Most of the time, when two characters are talking to each other, the actors aren't even in the same room. It's no wonder that Elizabeth Olsen did a lie detector test for Vanity Fair and they were surprised when she told them she has never met John Krasinski, despite being in the same movie.

I'm not going to knock the technical expertise and talent that goes into making that sort of thing work, but it does make you miss when they'd build sets for these things and use clever camera tricks or practical effects. It just seemed more real.

I guess Marvel just prefers to do it this way because nobody can really spoil your movies if they act out every scene alone and only know their own lines. I just can't imagine how difficult it must be to act like that. Even voice actors get some sort of feedback.
Which makes Endgame even more impressive, since they got most of the actors in the final battle to actually be on set together. That's insane

Silver

It was okay

A lot of the plot points were a bit contrived, and things were happening just because. But that's happens when you have magical abilities without any defined rule set and can do w/e. There was a lot of action but I wish there was a bigger focus on the scale of their battles. Visuals were really good, though you come to expect that from a marvel film. The horror aspect I give props to them for trying but it was still meh over all, I wish they took it more seriously.

Still an enjoyable film

Last edited:

Velocity

The Writing Writer
I wonder why people keep forgetting that this Wanda who killed the Illuminati was a meat puppet and killing her actually doesn’t solve much
It solves less than you'd think since Strange later used the same Dreamwalking magic to possess the corpse of the other Doctor Strange, so Wanda could probably do it too.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
It solves less than you'd think since Strange later used the same Dreamwalking magic to possess the corpse of the other Doctor Strange, so Wanda could probably do it too.
Well, tbf there wouldn't be a corpse left to inhabit if Black Bolt had actually gotten a shot off. He pretty much atomized 838 Strange with his whisper. While we'll likely never see MCU Black Bolt's full power scream I get the feeling Wanda wouldn't be able to block/counter it as easy as she did 838 Captain Marvel's attacks. Just based off of hype.

But regardless Wanda would still at least be able to send demons to chase America Chavez like she'd already been doing before she started dreamwalking. So yeah, it'd just be a temporary solution.

~Gesy~

Freshly drenched in coochie water
I just watched dark world yesterday..very boring movie.

But yeah he turned it down because he wanted a bigger role

Top Bottom