death...

skeeterb20

i should get more manga time
Ok is it just me or is anyone kinda annoyed that not a single person dies on this show. Alright i understand the main characters, but even the bad guys or small roles. Lightning to the head at pinpoint accuracy...

This has been said a thousand and five times.

Yes, we all know. ^_^

Oda has said he doesn't kill off characters because he believes that it is more painful for you to loose a fight and live with that humiliation for the rest of your life then die and be at peace. And that's exactly what Luffy does.

Some characters should be dead though.

yokaiforte said:
Actually, it's not that often that anyone ever dies after getting struck by lightning.

well pinpoint to the head? or multiple times?

oh and thx for telln me Hitotsumami

skeeterb20 said:
well pinpoint to the head?

Wikipedia said:
In a direct hit the strikes the victim first. Counterintuitively, if the victim's skin is high enough, much of the current will flash around the skin or clothing to the ground, resulting in a surprisingly benign outcome.

or multiple times?
Ok. THAT may be farfetched, but is possible, as Usopp is extremely durable, and Sanji recovered after seeing Nami with his "Mellorine Radar", alright, I was kidding about Sanji.

Not to mention that Lightning usually comes up to 1 billion volts, where as Enel's max is 200,000,000 if I recall.

skeeterb20 said:
do you know about why the good guys who do the life sacrificing stuff live?is it just for a happy ending?

That's one thing I highly do not like.

For example, Pell. He should be only a happy memory.

Hitotsumami said:

Yea...I personally think Pell should've died for his great sacrifice, but it's still ok to have him alive...I think...

Hitotsumami said:

yah that is the best example...it stole all the thunder from his action

skeeterb20 said:
yah that is the best example...it stole all the thunder from his action

And unless he's coming back down the line somewhere,( don't spoil it for me) Pell's miraculous recovery does nothing for the story except make us think devil fruit users are immortal.

Ginjirou said:
And unless he's coming back down the line somewhere,( don't spoil it for me) Pell's miraculous recovery does nothing for the story except make us think devil fruit users are immortal.

Nothing to spoil for you. Pell comes back. Nothing else. Oh, and DF users aren't immortal.

Major Spoiler ahead, watch out, don't look if your not up to date with the manga.

Spoiler:
Enel, who is a logia user, died. Yeah, he did come back to life, but that was just because his devil fruit happened to be lightning, and it restarted his heart. If he had some kind of other one, I'm sure he would have died and stay died.

Also, Spandam mentioned that if one was to eat 2 Devil Fruits, they would also die

yokaiforte said:
Actually, it's not that often that anyone ever dies after getting struck by lightning.
People die more by eletrical appliances, because the shock lasts more than .0000001 of a second. While Enel's attacks are much longer in duration, and more than a few centimers in width, and I don't recall lightning being usually 1 billion volts or even close to that more often times than not...

Either way, plenty of people have died in One Piece.

Like I said before. You are generally safe in One Piece land unless you exist in a flashback.

In which case YOU ARE SCREWED.

...and so it should.

Pell living was retarded. I thought it was filler only but someone pointed it out to me in the manga recently, I guess i'd forgotten.

it seemed like such an afterthought.

Welp they saved the day, time for credits....oh wait lets just throw pell back in there and we wont show his face just his clothes as if we are hiding something

So far Deaths in the show usually are those in flashbacks and used for dramatic effect when needed. Personally the concept doesn't bother me, after years of Dragonball Z's "i'm gonna destroy you" or "i'm gonna send you to the next dimension" crap it's easy no to let it get to me.

Well.. I had to agree.. pell not dying is the only thing that used to bother me..

but seeing how the chapters and the arcs progress.. I don't really mind that anymore... moreover.. Oda has reasons for letting his characters not dying..

Back
Top Bottom