Create arc(s) for the OG team 7

Quanta314159265

One of the complains about the series is Naruto/Sakura's unwarranted obsession with Sasuke before (edit: after) he defected.

Do you have concrete ideas to strengthen/develope their bonds (edit: before his defection) in meaningful ways? Maybe some new missions?

To distinguish it from filler arcs, feel free to describe how it would expand the lore/affect subsequent canon arcs.

Last edited:

WorldsStrongest

Man of Miracles
You would literally need to reinvent Sakura essentially from the ground up to have her entire character not be entirely dependent on Sasukes.

1 arc wouldnt really do it for her. Itd be a nice addition for her, but even Ino already has that going for her and shes still widely perceived as a Sasuke fangirl. And Sakuras even worse.

Every decision and conversation Sakura has in canon? Like 99% of them are about Sasuke. So again, while 1 arc that has nothing to do with Sasuke would be nice for her, it wouldnt fix the problems people have with her character. Shed basically just have 5 seconds of fame to herself then go right back to sucking that D.

You would need to revisit everything Sakura does and says to divorce her from that perception of her character. People feel like shes a shallow airheaded "pick me" because thats exactly what shes shown the sum total of her existence to be.

As for Naruto, he does enough without Sasuke tbh, all you would need to do is not have him cite Sasuke as his motivation during some of the shit he does in canon and hes in business...Also maybe cut out basically all of his decisions in FKS, like the infamous panic attack scene, and thatd be all she wrote. In particular, I think Narutos character is probably the strongest (post timeskip anyway) in the Pain arc, and during that entire arc I dont think he says Sasukes name once.

And as for their relationship as teammates...Like I said you would need to practically redo Sakuras entire character and every canon interaction to fix that. Most of her conversations with Naruto are about Sasuke...Or about their training to get close to Sasuke...or worrying about Sasuke...Or crying about Sasuke...

Speedyamell

👁👄👁
Before he defected..? There's nothing really out of the ordinary for sakura to have a crush on the cool badass kid or for naruto to be jealous and want to outplay him.

Corvida

Anda de dia la noche es mia
One of the complains about the series is Naruto/Sakura's unwarranted obsession with Sasuke before he defected.
No

The complaints about Naruto and Sakura determination in saving Sassuke AFTER he deflected

you CANT delete Sasuke´s obssesion with revenge and above all, the curse marking by Oro

Last edited:

Quanta314159265

No

The complaints about Naruto and Sakura determination in saving Sassuke AFTER he deflected

you CANT deleted Sasuke´s obssesion with revenge and above all, the curse marking by Oro
Before he defected..? There's nothing really out of the ordinary for sakura to have a crush on the cool badass kid or for naruto to be jealous and want to outplay him.

Sorry I actually meant their obsession after they defected. I was wondering how adding arcs before his defection could address the complaint.

Speedyamell

👁👄👁
Sorry I actually meant their obsession after they defected. I was wondering how adding arcs before his defection could address the complaint.
Oh, okay.
I'm not sure.. i think we were supposed to see them as having gotten quite close as team 7 with what we were given already... I also can't recall if there were implications of off panel adventures or not, but in this case, i guess it would depend on what more you think needed to be shown to act as they did..? I personally just think the story treated them as close already. Ofcourse T7 had the benefit of more on panel time, but I wouldn't expect sth like the sannin's past relationship or hiruzen's relationship with Orochimaru to be put into question just because we didn't see them bonding more in the past on panel, it's just the implication that they were close, and the efforts on said character's behalf are simply meant to emphasise said bonds.

Corvida

Anda de dia la noche es mia
Oh, okay.
I'm not sure.. i think we were supposed to see them as having gotten quite close as team 7 with what we were given already... I also can't recall if there were implications of off panel adventures or not, but in this case, i guess it would depend on what more you think needed to be shown to act as they did..? I personally just think the story treated them as close already. Ofcourse T7 had the benefit of more on panel time, but I wouldn't expect sth like the sannin's past relationship or hiruzen's relationship with Orochimaru to be put into question just because we didn't see them bonding more in the past on panel, it's just the implication that they were close, and the efforts on said character's behalf are simply meant to emphasise said bonds.
Exactly

Kishi was forced to start the chunin exams arc and it was commented another arc with team 7 adventures should have gone before,

but we se enough of their team routine enough simply by seeing things like this

next day

Enough to any of them-except Naruto-noticing when something is disturbed

or Sasuke having evealued each of the teams members-this supposed undestanding Illusion is refeenced later by Kakashi at Knoha´s sand invassion

Aegon Targaryen

Rider of Vhagar
I was just thinking about this. Kishimoto really could have used a new arc in PI (right after the Konoha Crush, but before the Akatsuki appear) where he could have taken on the following:

A) Build and flesh out Naruto and Sasuke's friendship unambiguously.

B) Lightly tease Sasuke developing genuine affection for Sakura beyond that of a friend or teammate. Also have Sasuke tell Sakura (and us) what happened to his family much earlier on.

C) Do some world building. Send Team 7 to the Hidden Sand (only 3 days away) with a different leader - Kakashi has to stay in Konoha to do paperwork alongside the Elders as there is no Hokage now, as well as eventually confront Akatsuki. The leader should ideally be Kurenai, who otherwise is vastly underused and also can get Sakura AND Sasuke started on learning actual Genjutsu, as well as help Naruto at least improve his chakra control so him learning Rasengan so rapidly makes more sense in the arc with Jiraiya.

This could also be a great opportunity to explain using and fighting Genjutsu. It's not like Jiraiya's training really did anything for Naruto in that regard anyway, IMO. Kurenai's training could have easily replaced it.

Basically, Team 7 + Kurenai have to go to the Sand to take a highly classified scroll to them that essentially is a sign of trust and good faith, reigniting the Leaf-Sand alliance after the betrayal of the latter village. This could also be an opportunity for Naruto to actually MEET and properly befriend the (reforming) Gaara again before PII, making their friendship later on far more realistic. Even have Naruto bring up how he wants to be Hokage and then have Gaara realize he should try to be Kazekage like his new friend and rival.

Could also be a way to flesh both Kurenai and Gaara out, naturally, as well as introduce the Hidden Sand proper and tackle the themes of war and peace a lot earlier. Maybe even have Gaara be a little more tentative in his redemption for now and still a little too brutal against perceived threats (but ultimately far better than before as a person and in mental health), so his evolution comes across as more natural when we see him again.

D) Give Sakura and Kurenai fight scenes where they actually get to throw Genjutsu around and destroy some named Chunin and Jonin, respectively, in fair fights.

E) Not Team 7, but back in Konoha and during this time, give other characters more development too. Have the Hidden Rock send a small force to further destabilize the weakened Konoha (making the need for a new Hokage VERY apparent).

This can be the source of many good fights and development for Tenten, Hinata, Ino-Shika-Cho (who were kind of a failure as a team in PI), Kiba, Genma, Raido, and Asuma. Probably also tackle other plot points line making Hinata finally stand up to her father and call him out for his abusive behavior, as well as Asuma regretting he and his father weren't able to reconcile before the latter died. Everyone should get Ws here and get to show impressive techniques or stats, maybe Genma and Raido aside.

F) Not really a new arc, but kinda change the circumstances of Sakura and Sasuke's last meeting and what happened later. Have Sasuke actually take Sakura back to her room after KOing her, or at least ensure she is found by trustworthy ninja before leaving instead of leaving her on a bench...even risking jeopardizing his escape somewhat.

G) Also not a new arc, but as another poster suggested, add a new Sound 5 member (making it the Sound 6, which also sounds better due to the alliteration) who Sakura actually beats, but is too injured and weakened against afterward to go and back up Naruto.

Chadeavor

Have Sasuke participate in Konoha Council Meetings, dude's the son of the clan head, Fugaku and kinda represents them, at least we get an earlier and layered reason on why he wants to be Hokage and this makes his rivalry with Naruto better, have him alluded to inkling hints and discoveries of why most his clan got slaughtered, have him interact with Danzo with the dude actually wanting to have use for Sasuke or two, build that Obi-Wan/Anakin bond with Kakashi.

This version of Sasuke should not be so revenge-craze, I personally don't think Obito & Itachi could have slaughtered an elite clan, because it's too unrealistic for my tastes.

That way, Sasuke having to attend meetings and having an early responsibility to the remaining survivors of his clan would be more noble.

Him having to juggle between responsibility to his people and vendetta against Itachi would be a nice conflict dynamic.

I personally don't like Sasuke defecting because I also had that notion of Kishimoto losing his creativity for focusing on Sasuke and Naruto too much at the expense of other characters.

Fanfics have proven that a Sasuke that's not wilding out the village can be a good story.

Top Bottom