• CC
    PotW is back with a special edition Happy Holidays!
    ~Deadline to enter is Monday, December the 19th at 9 PM UTC.

Crack Theory: Urahara can't or won't kill others personally

Final Fantasy

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe” XD
I thought about it and I can't remember ever when Urahara actually killed someone personally in canon. Than I thought about his shikai and bankai, maybe they are absurdly powerful, but with a huge flaw, Urahara can't kill anyone personally, it also possible that the restructuring power can't harm someone directly. I wondered why he wouldn't be nearly unstoppable if he used the restructuring ability offensively from a large distance away, this could explain that. It also goes along with the theme of his bodhisattva zanpakatou.

Keishin

Didn't he know of the hollowfication? When Aizen said 'you're just the type of person I thought you were' when Urahara understood what type of after effects of hollowfication does. Hollowfication kills people that are weaker than captain level.

Basior

I believe Urahara wanted to kill Askin but was just to weak. I think his attack on Wonderweiss and all attack on Aizen were with killing intent. Same with attacking Quilge.

Capa13

I believe Urahara wanted to kill Askin but was just to weak. I think his attack on Wonderweiss and all attack on Aizen were with killing intent. Same with attacking Quilge.
Absolutely. He literally states that he “didn’t think reiatsu cuffs would actually work anyways” but he is actively describing to Aizen what he was going for and how it was going to kill him. If reiatsu cuffs worked, there was no avoiding death, Aizen would’ve died and sooo he clearly wasn’t just trying to incapacitate him. Despite knowing it most likely wouldn’t work, he was hoping that maybe by some miracle they would kill him.

As for Askin, he just simply wasn’t capable of killing him. Not that he can’t kill him, but everything he was trying just wasn’t working.

Adamant soul

Nah he absolutely would or could, he just never got the opportunity to because everyone he fought he had reasons to hold back against or people who were too strong for him to kill/had ways to survive his attacks.

Or the one time with Quilge where he definitely intended to kill him and didn't expect him to survive having a hole blown through him because Urahara forgot what series he's in and how hard it is to kill any notable spiritual being in this universe unless the plot demands it. :maybe

Last edited:

Heaven or Hell

As a Shinigami, ex-member of the Onmitsukido and an ex-Captain, there is no way that Urahara hasn't killed people (benefit of the doubt that he only killed Hollows, though Lord knows where he got those human souls for the Soul Suicide vaccine).

Zeit

★★★★★
Next thread: Yhwach didn’t kill anyone, he simply put them in a state of not being alive.

Yhwach: "When I merge the three realms back together into one again after becoming God everyone I killed will be back so it retroactively doesn't count as killing them." :cellthink

Ayala

Still don't have the fucking words...
The dude's as bad as Shunsui, he snuck on Aizen with a mantle that hides Reiatsu and went for the kill off the bat. Closely followed Quilge fighting another dude and the moment he lost his cool he capitalised. Raised his stats to beatdown Askin and was tryna charge him until Askin further raised the poison level.

So yeah, he both can and is willing to kill you, by whichever means, that's what his speech to Askin says.

Top Bottom