Could Sasori be affected by genjutsu or Ms Sharingan

DideeKawaii

Well fear not, this is not a Sasori-Tard thread. I was thinking about it yesterday....

Well since, genjutsu affect the flow of chakra, and redirected it to the opponent brain, that lead to various affect...i was thinking, that since Sasori is a puppet, he couldnt really be affected by it.

I mean he sealed his soul, in that thing, and he physically doesnt have a brain. I dont think his eyes are nervally connected as well, so i guess he cant be affected by Sharingan effects.

Well in other words, wouldnt Itachi get owned by Sasori. Not that i think Sasori is stronger, but isnt this the type of match that Itachi cant win....

Its not due to be in battledome or something, its not a contest between Sasori and Itachi. And i aint no Itachi hater, he is one of my favorite.

DideeKawaii said:
Well fear not, this is not a Sasori-Tard thread. I was thinking about it yesterday....

Well since, genjutsu affect the flow of chakra, and redirected it to the opponent brain, that lead to various affect...i was thinking, that since Sasori is a puppet, he couldnt really be affected by it.

I mean he sealed his soul, in that thing, and he physically doesnt have a brain. I dont think his eyes are nervally connected as well, so i guess he cant be affected by Sharingan effects.

Well in other words, wouldnt Itachi get owned by Sasori. Not that i think Sasori is stronger, but isnt this the type of match cant win....

Its not due to be in battledome or something, its not a contest between Sasori and Itachi. And i aint no Itachi hater, he is one of my favorite.

yes...i think he can b affected...

No.

Cos there is no (normal) chakra circulation system due to lack of brains, he's impossible to take over.

Yeah, he can be affected by the MS. The Amaterasu or Kakashi's black hole would kill him, and they are MS techniques.

uhhh the Sharingan does a lot of things besides genjutsu....

Itachi has all the jutsus hes copied and Amaterasu so I think Sasori is still going to lose bad. lets not forget about the Sharingans ability to see chakra flow also I don't think it would really help all that much with predicting Sasori's moves because he doesn't have a normal body for the sharingan to read and telegragh but the Sharingan still allows for better vision to pick up moves that are too fast for normal eyes

I'm sure there are SOME genjutsus, that require a normal chakra circulation system or normal body in order to work, that wouldn't work on Sasori.

But saying ALL genjutsu is kind of a stretch.

Kurenai's tree illusion genjutsu and Shodai's darkness genjutsu are area effective and seem to be irregardless of the requirements of "sensing" the genjutsu in order to be caught, so they have a probability of working.

ammaterasu, end of story.

i'm sure the ms ups the sharingan motion prediction ability, so yeah itachi would leave him a molten heep.

Sho said:
Kurenai's tree illusion genjutsu and Shodai's darkness genjutsu are area effective and seem to be irregardless of the requirements of "sensing" the genjutsu in order to be caught, so they have a probability of working.

I thought all genjutsu was put into the senses.

If the dark genjutsu was area effective. Nidaime shouldn't be able to attack. And Oro seemed to notice every thing that happened.

Kakshi's black hole would work. Amaterasu wouldn't because it's basically a fancy Katon, and, well, we know how those work :p

Seriously, from our explanation of how Genjutsu works, Sasori cannot be affected by any of them. He's utterly immune. End of story. The only question, are there genjutsu that don't follow how we were told Genjutsu work? And would they work? I don't think so.

Suiton Hasselhoff said:
I thought all genjutsu was put into the senses.

If the dark genjutsu was area effective. Nidaime shouldn't be able to attack. And Oro seemed to notice every thing that happened.

It was area effective since on chapter 123, page 11, Orochimaru states himself, "The darkness disappeared". Orochimaru didn't notice everything that was happening since he only saw what was happening after Sandaime grabbed the soul of Shodai. The two anbu watching the fight even state a couple of pages earlier that they couldn't see what was going on. It basically fulfills the same function as Zabuza's mist technique.

What I meant was that these genjutsus aren't bound by having to be seen by the user, or smelled, or heard, or tasted; it just happens to them, regardless of whatever they can or cannot "sense". For example, even if Kisame didn't see, hear, taste, or touch Kurenai, the genjutsu still would have happened.

Sasori can be effected. Here is why.
He had a chakra circulation, still. We all know genjutsu attacks the chakra flow, disturbing and mending it to fool the person's senses. Sasori's chakra circulation was still in place, its source being his heart, (since chakra is "soul", he needed it) and if the circulation is there, it can be fooled.

yes because althoguh his body may be mostly puppet parts of his original body still remain for the flow of chakra to occur. and he ha sto have a mind or he wouldn't be able to do anything. so yes he can be affected.

BlueBeast said:
yes because althoguh his body may be mostly puppet parts of his original body still remain for the flow of chakra to occur. and he ha sto have a mind or he wouldn't be able to do anything. so yes he can be affected.
He doesn't have a human mind. That much was stated in his fight.

not to mention the tsukiyomi isnt just a genjutsu. and sasori could be affected by it as its not a simple gen like any other but the mother of all genjutsus. if he still has chakra and a soul the tsukiyomi can prolly done to him. also the sharingan can always find the one who has the chakra container as it can be seen by the sharingan making it impossible to hide from itachi. and itachi does have the moves to finish sasori off. this also goes the other way around. but itachi has the upperhand.

Haohmaru said:
not to mention the tsukiyomi isnt just a genjutsu. and sasori could be affected by it as its not a simple gen like any other but the mother of all genjutsus. if he still has chakra and a soul the tsukiyomi can prolly done to him. also the sharingan can always find the one who has the chakra container as it can be seen by the sharingan making it impossible to hide from itachi. and itachi does have the moves to finish sasori off. this also goes the other way around. but itachi has the upperhand.
Yes, Tsukuyomi is just a genjutsu. A very strong genjutsu, but still a genjutsu.

This thread was not about who could kill who, it was about Sasori's susceptibility to genjutsu.

Ofkinheimer said:
Whatever state he is in, as long as he has "senses" that he "reacts" too, he can be affected by it.
Genjutsu doesn't attack senses. It attacks the brain through the senses. Sasori has senses, yes, but he still does not have a brain so the genjutsu could not affect him.

It was area effective since on chapter 123, page 11, Orochimaru states himself, "The darkness disappeared". Orochimaru didn't notice everything that was happening since he only saw what was happening after Sandaime grabbed the soul of Shodai. The two anbu watching the fight even state a couple of pages earlier that they couldn't see what was going on. It basically fulfills the same function as Zabuza's mist technique.

What I meant was that these genjutsus aren't bound by having to be seen by the user, or smelled, or heard, or tasted; it just happens to them, regardless of whatever they can or cannot "sense". For example, even if Kisame didn't see, hear, taste, or touch Kurenai, the genjutsu still would have happened

the darkness genjutsu as it states is an illusion that makes u think that all u see is darkness. u can be fooled even though u noe is is an illusion (the fight between naruto and itachi in second part). thats y the 2 anbu still cant see anything inside. the genjutsu still require to work on senses, inlcuding the tree one that kurenai uses.

that said, of course sasori can be affected by genjutsus....where do u think the chakra strings he controlled come from? his heart. which is the chakra source. and if he has chakra flow....u noe the rest....

Sho said:

I don't think so, simply because they aren't actually there. Itachi wasn't really caught in a tree, Kurenai just made him think he was caught in a tree for a second, in which case, he doesn't move. Same with the darkness genjutsu, it wasn't actually dark, it just appeared that way to the Sandaime.

Genjutsu affect the senses, if something actually affects the area, it's no longer considered a genjutsu, but a ninjutsu.

No, Sasori is not suseptible to Genjutsu. Tsukiyomi, included.

He doesn't have a conventional chakra system, which allows for the mechanics of Genjutsu to take place.

Genjutsu is a technique which targets the 5 senses, and then through them, affects the cranial nerves in the brain.

Sasori doesn't have a brain. The only part of him that remains human, is his chaka core.

In regards to the Darkness jutsu that Shodai used, if that is also a genjutsu, that means he must have affected at least one of Sandaime's 5 senses.
Genjutsu can also be an AOE attack.

Sasori is such a spawn of absurdness that's it's impossible to ever tell for sure.

If he didn't have a brain, he wouldn't be able to do...well, anything. If he had artificial intelligence he wouldn't have let himself be killed.

But then again it's a work of fiction. So it doesn't have to follow logic.

I always got the impression that Tsukiyomi affects and torchers the soul of the person? if sasori has a soul then id say yes hes done like dinner. Either way theres a slim chance that he could defeat itachi.

S.O.T.R.S said:
the darkness genjutsu as it states is an illusion that makes u think that all u see is darkness. u can be fooled even though u noe is is an illusion (the fight between naruto and itachi in second part). thats y the 2 anbu still cant see anything inside. the genjutsu still require to work on senses, inlcuding the tree one that kurenai uses.

Of course it's an illusion. That's what genjutsu means. However it doesn't require you to listen to it, to touch it, to taste it, or to see the actual jutsu being performed for it to be used, unlike other genjutsus. That's what I'm saying. And an illusion is just imposing your reality upon someone else.

Sypher said:
I don't think so, simply because they aren't actually there. Itachi wasn't really caught in a tree, Kurenai just made him think he was caught in a tree for a second, in which case, he doesn't move. Same with the darkness genjutsu, it wasn't actually dark, it just appeared that way to the Sandaime.

Genjutsu affect the senses, if something actually affects the area, it's no longer considered a genjutsu, but a ninjutsu.

But as I said above, the genjutsu doesn't require you to sense it for it to be affective. It's not done through sight, not done through sound, not done through any of the senses. The opponent would still be caught into it even if they were a blind and deaf since the jutsu doesn't require sight based or sound-based, or even touch based contact like any of other genjutsu we've seen.

And genjutsu was actually described once as advanced type ninjutsu.

Sho said:

What I meant was that these genjutsus aren't bound by having to be seen by the user, or smelled, or heard, or tasted; it just happens to them, regardless of whatever they can or cannot "sense". For example, even if Kisame didn't see, hear, taste, or touch Kurenai, the genjutsu still would have happened.

I need to re-read that, but coudn't it be that Oro was just referring that the jutsu was cancelled.

And about the ANBU I thought it was to the trees that they couldn't see. :headscrat

Also there is Nidaime. How can he attack if he is also in the dark, or even Shodai (the caster).

There's stuff that I don't understand if it's area effective.

Grrblt said:
Yes, Tsukuyomi is just a genjutsu. A very strong genjutsu, but still a genjutsu.

This thread was not about who could kill who, it was about Sasori's susceptibility to genjutsu.

Genjutsu doesn't attack senses. It attacks the brain through the senses. Sasori has senses, yes, but he still does not have a brain so the genjutsu could not affect him.

It has been stated that Genjutsu uses the "senses" of the person to attack them mentally, which forces the physical body to create a reaction to that mental attack. If you assume it is the brain which creates this connection, they it is logical to assume that Sasori does have one, however small or reshaped or packed.

If you don't assume a brain, you HAVE to assume some sort of neurological or connected system transmitting messages within his "body" and "mind" (i.e. "thinking and then executing an action" implies a connection between his physical form and mental mindset, whatever it may be.) If that "connection" makes him "feel" pain in any way, shape, of form, that "sense of feeling" is what will be manipulated by the genjutsu and transmitted using the neurological connection to whatever is the original sources of his thoughts and feelings.

Absent Kishi explaning that Sasori cannot uses any of his senses, it is logical to assume there is a connection in the use of his senses and his true physical/mental form.

As to the Itachi vs. Sasori match up. I really don't understand why people feel as if Itachi would have an immediate advantage because of his Genjutsu and MS.

As explained by Chiyo, the Sharigan is extremely vunerable against multiple opponents. Puppeteers, especially those with contigent of puppets their disposal, have rarely shown that they typically place their "true" self as real or dominant attacker. Itachi's ability to utilize MS multiple times is limited given the effects it has on his chakra and body and I highly doubt that he be willing to expose himself to a random attack from a puppet while holding another under genjutsu.

I'm not claiming to predict who will win, however I will say that battles strategies will greatly depend on opportunities presented on each side, rather than the trump card of the individual.

Last edited:
Ofkinheimer said:
It has been stated that Genjutsu uses the "senses" of the person to attack them mentally, which forces the physical body to create a reaction to that mental attack. If you assume it is the brain which creates this connection, they it is logical to assume that Sasori does have one, however small or reshaped or packed.
Here's how genjutsu works.

[Ryo]​_Tonagura​_​_-​_05​_(XviD)[974634BA].avi

If you don't assume a brain, you HAVE to assume some sort of neurological or connected system transmitting messages within his "body" and "mind" (i.e. "thinking and then executing an action" implies a connection between his physical form and mental mindset, whatever it may be.) If that "connection" makes him "feel" pain in any way, shape, of form, that "sense of feeling" is what will be manipulated by the genjutsu and transmitted using the neurological connection to whatever is the original sources of his thoughts and feelings.
Sasori must have some form of thinking device, yes, but it does not have to work on chakra. It could be electrical, for example. Meaning a genjutsu that controls the chakra (see above) in a user's brain would not affect the electricity in Sasori's machine.
Or he could have some form of biological brain, but it is still not a live, human one and it does not have live, human brain chakra. A genjutsu would not understand how to attack it.

Back
Top Bottom