• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • More languages + Cat Dank + Tooltip Feature for Reactions were added ! (see preferences) More to come!

• Please check this: link regarding changes in PotW and GotW schedules!
    - Contest Central

• "Lifestyle Lounge: Thread of the Month Contest!"
    Come make a fun thread in the Lifestyle Lounge! Deadline is September 30th, 2021.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Official Contest Central Changes

Majin Lu

Dark Magician Girl
Super Moderator
Hello.

With the update, we lost some things and we fought to have some back. We are still fighting (avatars), but it is time to announce some changes:

HTML Custom Usertitle

New price!!!

We lost this prize after the update. After a couple of months, it's back, pricer. Now, instead of it costing 3 CC points a month, it's now 10 CC points.

New size is max 174 x 80 and file size (this is also important) is max 249kb.
It continues to have 70 characters to code.
Edit (Jan 13, 2020): it was changed for 100 characters to code.

It is a prize that only Admins can activate. Each time you change the code, an admin has to approve it, so tag @Rinoa in the Café Prize Thread.

Also, do not abuse putting oversized stuff there.

HTML Custom Usertitle Extensions:

Members who bought HTML Custom Usertitle before the update will get it back + extensions:
Expired in November: Around +1 month
Expired in December: Around +2 months

New Prize

Now, costing 3 CC points for a month, there is the Coloured Custom Username. With that, you will have access to a colour palette. Bold and italics don't work with this prize, only colours.

Also, this prize do not work along HTML usertitle.

So after those changes, the current prize menu is this one:

1 Month
Coloured Custom Usertitle - 3 Points
Sparkles - 5 Points
HTML Usertitle - 10 Points
175x350 Avatar - 12 Points
---
2 Months
Coloured Custom Usertitle - 5 Points
Sparkles - 7 Points
HTML Usertitle - 14 Points
175x350 Avatar - 17 Points
---
3 Months
Coloured Custom Usertitle - 7 Points
Sparkles - 9 Points
HTML Usertitle - 17 Points
175x350 Avatar - 21 Points
---
Extra Name Change - 18 Points

Image sizes

Just as HTML Custom Usertitles max size file is 249kb, entries for graphic contests in GotW are also following this pattern. This is related to copyright issues and fair use laws.

CC Points

Master List
is updated with Participation Points of June-October period:

There is a new thread to help you all to keep track of your received points per month:

Other NF Contests

There os also another new thread to keep track of contests in other sections:

As I mentioned, we are still fighting to get avatars the way they were before the update, at least regarding optimization. We ask you to continue to give your feedback in the main Update Thread. Just remember to stay respectful there, please.

Last edited:

James Bond

007 - License to Shit Post
Hey @Majin Lu hope you are doing well, I know last year has been a bit mad but I was just wondering if we will ever see the return of holiday contests at some point again in the future?

Majin Lu

Dark Magician Girl
Super Moderator
Hey @Majin Lu hope you are doing well, I know last year has been a bit mad but I was just wondering if we will ever see the return of holiday contests at some point again in the future?
Hey! I hope we return with them, even Elusive Prizes, I just don't know when. Things are getting changed here and new forum name is one of them. The new EU copyright laws are affecting anything! It depends on "you know who"...

Now about the fun part of the event, being active and having fun, I'm most on mobile (data) for some months and when I get in a laptop (like right now) is when I take care of some stuff that needs one. I think I'll be fully back in 1 month.

August 2021: PotW & GotW New Schedules

Majin Lu

Dark Magician Girl
Super Moderator
PotW & GotW New Schedules

Starting this Saturday, Photo of the Week and Graphic of the Week will have new schedules:

PotW 161: August 7 - August 14
GotW 157: August 14 - August 21
PotW 162: August 21 - August 28
GotW 158: August 28 - September 4
PotW 163: September 4 - September 11
GotW 159: September 11 - September 18
[...]

We will one contest per week, in rotation, and both will have new deadlines. Old deadline for both contests was Sundays, at 9pm UTC. New deadlines for both are alternate Saturdays, at 9pm UTC.

Each contest will keep its duration of 1 week to submit entries.

Aesima

PotW & GotW New Schedules

Starting this Saturday, Photo of the Week and Graphic of the Week will have new schedules:

GotW 157: August 14 - August 21

GotW 158: August 28 - September 4

GotW 159: September 11 - September 18
[...]

We will one contest per week, in rotation, and both will have new deadlines. Old deadline for both contests was Sundays, at 9pm UTC. New deadlines for both are alternate Saturdays, at 9pm UTC.

Each contest will keep its duration of 1 week to submit entries.
:hhh

Majin Lu

Dark Magician Girl
Super Moderator
What are photo and graphic of the week?
Contests of photos taken by members and graphics created by members following themes:

why the change, just curious?
For some time already and for many reaons, there is a decrease in activity in contests.

For now, since the demand is low, making each contest in a different weak maybe will help with those members with schedule problems, at least.

Now, about changing the deadlines to Saturdays, there are 2 reasons: first is that now, with a new theme flash on mind, members will have the other day (Sunday) to take a picture/start to create a graphic. The other reason is that I've started a degree and I have classes Mon-Sat, so I wish to have Sundays to rest.

Top Bottom