Ch. 426 Manga Coloring [{ OP }]

Hitotsumami

Hahahahahahah!
Since One Piece section doesn't have a fanart section, I'll post my manga colorings here.

This is my second manga coloring, so I know it's a little choppy. Critique is welcome. I hope like this. ^_^

it looks nice and all, but you should use the smudge tool more :)

and try to use more shadings and highlights

this is a real good tut :

The ink lines ruin the lower half of the coloring. But the ships look good.

Freija said:
it looks nice and all, but you should use the smudge tool more :)

and try to use more shadings and highlights

this is a real good tut :

Thank you! I'll be sure to look into the tutorial. ^_^

Oh, and about the smudge tool. I tried to use it, but it doesn't do anything to the picture. Know the problem?

Zakuzaru said:
The ink lines ruin the lower half of the coloring. But the ships look good.

The ink lines in the lower half? What do you mean?

Oh, and about the smudge tool. I tried to use it, but it doesn't do anything to the picture. Know the problem?

your strength setting could be set too low, that or you are on the wrong layer for the art you want to smudge...

I'd say concentrate on getting more shadows and highlights into your work to start off, or at least making them more distinct

nice to see coloured OP at any rate ;)

`moridin said:
your strength setting could be set too low, that or you are on the wrong layer for the art you want to smudge...

I'd say concentrate on getting more shadows and highlights into your work to start off, or at least making them more distinct

nice to see coloured OP at any rate ;)

Allright, I'll see if that will fix up my smudge tool. Also, I'll see if I can make shadows and highlights more realistic. I recently recieved a tutorial that will help me greatly. ^_^

narusaku 313 said:
wow thats good 9.5/10

Thanks. ^_^

Hitotsumami said:
The ink lines in the lower half? What do you mean?

The manga is drawn with link. And they way Oda draws creates a lot of those ink lines, for example for wounds and scratches. Unless you remove/replace them, they make the overall coloring look worse.

IMO.

Zakuzaru said:
The manga is drawn with link. And they way Oda draws creates a lot of those ink lines, for example for wounds and scratches. Unless you remove/replace them, they make the overall coloring look worse.

IMO.

Ah, okay. I thought it was something I added. ^_^

I actually like those lines being there. But yeah, it's up to opinion. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom