Can Byakuya do it? [ep 95]

Can Byakuya completely beat Kariya on his own?

• Total voters

Mukuro

Death B4 A Million ?
I was just watching this brilliant episode again and noticed how Byakuya was put into a position similar to what happened when he fought Ichigo the first time. I think it's pretty clear that Kariya has Byakuya up against wall when he only uses his shikai. So what do you guys think? If Byakuya uses his bankai, how drastically will his chances of winning this fight alone change?

Basically, what I'm asking is, do we think Byakuya can beat Kariya on his own?

I say no, Senbonsakura doesnt work on him, and apparently he's as fast as Ichigo Bankai AND he cant really....die >_>
So I'd have to say, no....he cant he'd eventually lose.

Cool...you know when Byakuya fought Ichigo with his Bankai I think I remember him saying something about how he would make sure Ichigo was killed by a blade he wielded directly or something...if that's so, does it mean that he could attack with all of those swords at once? If he could, I think that could change things a lot.

I hate to say this... but they were pretty much equal. But Kariya can absorb spirit particles to heal himself or get some mad power boosts. He's going to win this battle.

You know, I was thinking. What if Byakuya used Senkei (the one with the dome) to defeat Kariya? In the dome, it's like your connection with the outside is cut off, right? So, if Kariya couldn't summon any spirit particles from outside, it means he's fated to lose.

But, this theory does has a big hole to it seeing that we never knew how Senkei works.

However, if Byakuya would stop being an arrogant guy and used Senkei first before Kariya could think of absorbing any spirit particles, thus having those countless swords (how many are there? O.O) crashed down on him, it's a sure win. But I can see this very unlikely since this is Byakuya we are talking about.

In the end, I would say it's very hard to decide.

eleanor said:
You know, I was thinking. What if Byakuya used Senkei (the one with the dome) to defeat Kariya? In the dome, it's like your connection with the outside is cut off, right? So, if Kariya couldn't summon any spirit particles from outside, it means he's fated to lose.

But, this theory does has a big hole to it seeing that we never knew how Senkei works.

However, if Byakuya would stop being an arrogant guy and used Senkei first before Kariya could think of absorbing any spirit particles, thus having those countless swords (how many are there? O.O) crashed down on him, it's a sure win. But I can see this very unlikely since this is Byakuya we are talking about.

In the end, I would say it's very hard to decide.

Jin has endless Wind as well. He's like Byakuya natural enemy.

Which is what makes him so damn cheap. Yet I don't see how those wind can stop blades from crashing down if it were done fast enough and caught Kariya off guard.

But like I said, it's very hard to decide. It can happen both ways and we can debate until the end of the world and we'll never get our answer.

eleanor said:
Actually Byakuya's senkei in the manga is really just an arrangement of thousands of swords. There really is no dome or whatsoever. The animators messed up that scene. Maybe it was easier to draw senkei with a dome....

But even if we assume connections are cut off inside that (nonexisting) dome, Kariya can still use spiritrons from the ground inside the (nonexisting)dome to heal up his wounds.

eleanor said:
Which is what makes him so damn cheap. Yet I don't see how those wind can stop blades from crashing down if it were done fast enough and caught Kariya off guard.

But like I said, it's very hard to decide. It can happen both ways and we can debate until the end of the world and we'll never get our answer.

I am SOOO ready for fillers to end

A really bad matchup for Kariya would be a guy like Tousen. No outside help, and no senses. Or Genryusai, because I don't think he'd want to block that blade with his bare hands.

@Itachi Amaterasu

Yeah, I remember that too. Seemed like he could make all those blades stab at once, but he thought it too dishonorable.

We still don't really know what Genryusai can do but. He's gotta be a bad ass.

I think they are at the same power level, i agree that Kariya is the worse opponent to Byakuya because of wind manipulation that can rid of his bankai, it's hard to tell who is gonna be the winner but i'll go for a Kariya's win just because of the filler plot, Kariya can't lose right now since the end of fillers are far away (ok, i hope not too far) and IMO in this arc it's Ishida who is gonna get revenge and wipe out Kariya.

eleanor said:
He'd have to be some sort of genius but, if Byakuya could spot a pattern for Kariya's winds perhaps he could ride the winds with his swords. :S
Zodd said:
Yeah, I remember that too. Seemed like he could make all those blades stab at once, but he thought it too dishonorable.
Ah okay. I wonder how powerful Byakuya can actually be then.

I think that Byakuya can beat him (not by much) but I don't think it's gonna happen. Ichigo's gonna steal the show and beat Kariya himself.

I think Byakuya can beat him, if he pulls off Senpai. But of course I dont think they will give him the chance to. They will just make Byakuya look like a second rate just as they did with Ichigo.

I really want byakuya to win but it doesn't work with the plot since ishida is supposed to be the one to beat kariya jin. But even without plot no jutsu, byakuya can't win since kariya can heal himself so kariya ftw

Jin is lucky he's only in fillers, if he can come stomping around Soul Society when Aizen was around, the fillers would have lasted 20 seconds, hehe.

Serious Aizen was on a whole other level, compared to him Jin wouldn't have been any different from the others.

I feel that it's quite hard to decide now .. since Soul Society is filled with spirit particles, Kariya will just absorb it whenever he's hurt by any attack to cure himself. Maybe a combination of Ichigo and Byakuya may be able to defeat him in a shot. :amuse

I have a personal prediction. The whole thing between both Ishida and Jin is that they both are far stronger in Soul Society. I think it'll be something like Super 17 in DBZ GT. For all intents and purposes Jin should be able to absorb Ishida's arrows right since they are spirit energy. BUT does he have an absorbtion limit? Ishida is going to power up a super arrow so huge that it will surpass Jin's ability to absorb, destroying him.

i have to say no, because after all kariya MUST have a truimph card of some sort, or get saved by somebody like daraku and that big guy. Even though senbonzakura is strong and can cut through the wind barrier, it would take a long time to drain all the spirit particles. And i dont think byakuya is smart enough to strike down Jin, well mostly i wont think ANYBODY would, but would stare in awe as he drains the particles. Before it gets repetitive and byakuya realizes that he has to cut him down while hes recovering, he (Jin) would be saved.

Doesn't matter now but I think it wa shown that Byakuya was more than a match for jin, his senbonzakura was stronger than Jin's doll and Byakuya was not about to give him any time to heal.

The Bounto are outclassed and outnumbered. He's not a match for Byakuya and the only way the Bounto can really hope to succeed is turn Soul Society in on itself.

there must be a way to keep him from absorbing that stuff!! Keep Karya busy enough to not even have time to heal! I like Byakuga more than that Karya Loser!

Back
Top Bottom