Chapter Boruto Manga Chapter 71 (Release: June 20th 11am EDT / 3pm UTC - Official Link in OP)

At this point I gave up on the story... Just want to see what are they going pull out of their asses to make the good guys even relevant, everyone is stronger than them.
Most of the stuff that happened in this chapter was foreshadowed. The alliance between Code and Eida breaking, Daemon vs Code, Daemon's weakness etc. were foreshadowed. They were hinting at a possible divide between Code and Eida since like ch 63. Code beating Kawaki even though Eida was against this. Code using Daemon to reflect Kawaki's attack without Eida's permission etc.

Enlightened Almighty

So Code saying all the time he'll eat the earth's chakra fruit so is that an foreshadowing as well that he/someone else will definitely eat earth's chakra fruit, which we all know is impossible
Most of the stuff that happened in this chapter was foreshadowed. The alliance between Code and Eida breaking, Daemon vs Code, Daemon's weakness etc. were foreshadowed. They were hinting at a possible divide between Code and Eida since like ch 63. Code beating Kawaki even though Eida was against this. Code using Daemon to reflect Kawaki's attack without Eida's permission etc.

Arles Celes

The Psychologist
So Code saying all the time he'll eat the earth's chakra fruit so is that an foreshadowing as well that he/someone else will definitely eat earth's chakra fruit, which we all know is impossible
It will have to be either a Kaguya type of fruit (maybe more powerful as more high level people were born since then) that does not end all life on Earth or it will be a chakra fruit from another planet but also crazy powerful.

Arles Celes

The Psychologist
The latter seems plausible. But earth's>>>>>
Code might be already on some different planet/dimension. Maybe he will start harvesting some fruits there to build up his power.

In the Boruto movie we had Momo and Kinshiki with a Shinju in another dimension...likely to create a chakra fruit from said planet. Strangely "just" tons of bijuu chakra seemed enough then for that.

Maybe Code will also steal tons of chakra to create this kind of fruit.

It will keep him busy while the plot focuses in the meantime on some other stuff.

Enlightened Almighty

Seeing how slow the pacing is, if we ever get an Otutsuki God that'll be like around 10-15 years from now by then most here would have probably been busy with life and forget about this series lol

Arles Celes

The Psychologist
Seeing how slow the pacing is, if we ever get an Otutsuki God that'll be like around 10-15 years from now by then most here would have probably been busy with life and forget about this series lol
Do not be surprised when from super slow pace things will move on so damn fast in the span of like 2-3 chapters that you will be all like "WTF???!!! :fatcat

Altiora Night

Gwynbleidd
Currently, Kawaki's manifestation of Isshiki's dōjutsu depicts the eye as grey/silver, whereas the pupil remains gold/yellow.

As the eye continues to evolve, it'll likely become a full wheel like Isshiki's.

Enlightened Almighty

Kawaki has far greater destructive power than Code does, even now, so the likelihood it was him rather than Code is greater.
I think kawaki if he wants can destroy even now as well, just has to throw lots and lots of chakra rods and cubes and destroys the village
But destructive capacity argument ain't what I'm trying to make here, like who knows maybe after timeskip Code gets some good destructive power blasts or anything, so that's not my point

My point is that based from that scene and dialogues alone we're 100℅ sure it's gonna be kawaki, why he would do so, is the biggest mystery cause till now he's actually in the forefront of good guys and pro konoha

Unless the writers have decided to change and take a completely new route which is highly not likely

Altiora Night

Gwynbleidd
I think kawaki if he wants can destroy even now as well, just has to throw lots and lots of chakra rods and cubes and destroys the village
Since he'll be stronger in the time-skip, then he may become capable of producing an explosion bigger than this one:

Alas, there is no accurate way of knowing exactly how big the explosion in the picture is, but it's safe to say it's bigger than the explosion Kawaki generated to kill Garō.

My point is that based from that scene and dialogues alone we're 100℅ sure it's gonna be kawaki, why he would do so, is the biggest mystery cause till now he's actually in the forefront of good guys and pro konoha

Unless the writers have decided to change and take a completely new route which is highly not likely
Something will most likely happen in the next chapters and Kawaki may come to see the shinobi system as completely flawed and thus desires to get rid of it completely.

That said, I doubt Kawaki was alone.

Based on the state of Kawaki's and Boruto's clothings, it seems they fought others prior to fighting among each other.

Boruto likely fought against Kawaki's allies, whereas Kawaki fought against Boruto's allies.

Knowing Naruto, he likely tried to TnJ Kawaki.

kayz

From the way it looks, Code's limiters were simply suppressing the transformation with white hair and red eyes, rather than his Kāma.

When he obtained his Kāma, reactions took place such that they led to the transformation we saw recently, which is merely a power boost. In short, the Kāma he received was the impetus for this power.
If that's the case, could it possibly be the karma just boosted Code's own base power?
And that this white-hair transformation is actually Code's own power boosted to peak?
But does that mean Code could be special?

Altiora Night

Gwynbleidd
If that's the case, could it possibly be the karma just boosted Code's own base power?
And that this white-hair transformation is actually Code's own power boosted to peak?
But does that mean Code could be special?
He definitely is special.

Ordinary people would die from ingesting Bijū chakra, just as it happened to the fodder who ate a piece of Gyūki's flesh.

Meanwhile, the other kids Jigen tried to brand his Kāma with had a seizure and quickly died afterwards.

Ordinary people cannot handle Ōtsutsuki and Bijū power, and yet Code survived Jigen's ritual, which quickly killed multiple children.

As for the reactions that took place in his body as caused by the Kāma, I interpret it as Isshiki's pure power having had an incidence on Code's cells, which led to an awakening or mutation (without him becoming Ōtsutsuki) of sorts.

Last edited:

LawdyLawd

Imagine they reveal Code’s Uzumaki origins(bug runs his dna through ancestry.com) and he goes on to acquire a Uzumaki sealing jutsu to seal the juubling in him

Maybe he references Naruto and uses the same seal he had. Or Madara/Obito too

Last edited:

kayz

Imagine they reveal Code’s Uzumaki origins(bug runs his dna through ancestry.com) and he goes on to acquire a Uzumaki sealing jutsu to seal the juubling in him

Maybe he references Naruto and uses the same seal he had
That be cool if Code seals the juubi within himself.
We'll find out if becoming a juubi-jin gives one the full characteristics and benefits of being an Otsutsuki.

Enlightened Almighty

Since he'll be stronger in the time-skip, then he may become capable of producing an explosion bigger than this one:

Alas, there is no accurate way of knowing exactly how big the explosion in the picture is, but it's safe to say it's bigger than the explosion Kawaki generated to kill Garō.

Something will most likely happen in the next chapters and Kawaki may come to see the shinobi system as completely flawed and thus desires to get rid of it completely.

That said, I doubt Kawaki was alone.

Based on the state of Kawaki's and Boruto's clothings, it seems they fought others prior to fighting among each other.

Boruto likely fought against Kawaki's allies, whereas Kawaki fought against Boruto's allies.

Knowing Naruto, he likely tried to TnJ Kawaki.
I think that explosion is probably Mountain level Big, I mean depending on the camera angle it did reach to the clouds above

By any chance can it be that Boruto and Kawaki together fought Code/any other One villain, just like Naruto and Sasuke fought juubidara and kaguya before their final fight with each other

So something of a similar case here?

Top Bottom