• CC
    PotW is back with a special edition Happy Holidays!
    ~Deadline to enter is Monday, December the 19th at 9 PM UTC.

Bleach Manga Complaints Thread

Divine Vasto

I honestly feel like the killing stuff is pretty contrived. Like, you’re sending hollows to heaven and hell but you fear killing humans despite doing that would send them to heaven or hell. What’s the difference?!

Adamant soul

What was the point of bringing Yuuichi (the Cockatiel kid) back, just to say he couldn't find his mother? And then doing nothing with it?

It adds nothing to the story (we already know the Soul Reapers are mostly uncaring assholes), doesn't affect the development of any of the characters (not even Chad whose invested in the kid's well being and happiness) and only seems to be there to destroy the hopeful ending the kid's story had originally.

It's pointlessly bleak for no other reason than to be bleak. At least the anime has Chad give a nice little speech to Yuuichi about "not giving up" so there's some hope there but generally speaking, I hate it.

Honestly I would have liked to see Chad commit to doing everything in his power to help the kid find his mother. Just something to give Chad a goal of his own and more agency than trying to save Rukia "just 'cause it's important to Ichigo" and give the kid a true happy ending. :maybe

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Also Chad not getting a proper fight (hell the entire manga up to that point), before taking a trip to jobber central against Shunsui.

He could have fought Jidanbou, Iba, Omaeda so it's not like there was a shortage of options for him.

Adamant soul

I did like that the arrancar arc gave him some fights although I wish they were more memorable (aside from gatenebaine)

And that's the last he ever gets.

He was even being reduced to a meat shield for Tsukishima in what damn well should have been HIS ARC (cause he's the main Fullbring in this story, Orihime clearly wasn't going to be one originally).

The treatment of Chad in this series is fucking criminal. :notrust

Divine Vasto

He was even being reduced to a meat shield for Tsukishima in what damn well should have been HIS ARC (cause he's the main Fullbring in this story, Orihime clearly wasn't going to be one originally).

Yeah. He’s Bleach”s Yamcha unfortunately. Well at least he got some good fights in filler and some nice feats.

Adamant soul

Yeah. He’s Bleach”s Yamcha unfortunately.

Nah Yamcha was joke from minute one, was only out for a girlfriend and just sort of hangs around to get his ass kicked in every arc. Never really liked Yamcha that much.

Chad's more like Bleach's Kuririn.

And Renji is Bleach's Tienshinhan, though Renji is definitely a much more interesting character than Tien.
Well at least he got some good fights in filler and some nice feats.

I mean yeah, the anime treated characters better in general.

I doubt it. Inoue didnt do crap the whole series besides embarrass herself. i didnt assume shed start randomly being important all of a sudden. She was introduced power wise along with chad and stayed in the same all the way till the end.

The biggest crime was not making tatsuki important or give any relevance to ikumi who was a waste of panel space

Medjaynegus

-Both are people with interesting premise
-Both job almost all the time
-Both are robbed a lot
Those are honestly what come in mind
Chad doesn't job aLmost all the time he's only lost to shunsui, nnoitra, and yammy. He beat a 3rd seat, a division, a fraccion, Las noches guard, nd fought statue monsters. Shinji jobs more than him and so do the vaizards. He was never that interesting in the first place when compared to the shinigami

Adamant soul

-Both are people with interesting premise

Yamcha doesn't really have an interesting premise though. He's a bandit who wants a girlfriend, that's it.
-Both job almost all the time

Difference is Chad was actually portrayed strong to start with.

Yamcha was a joke from the minute he stepped foot on-panel.

Also Chad actually gets the occasional win, Yamcha doesn't even get that.
-Both are robbed a lot

Like I said before, Chad is much more comparable to Kuririn than to Yamcha.

> Both had strong portrayal to start with
> Both have at least 1 win in most of the arcs they feature in
> Both best friends to the main character of their respective series
> Both are the most likeable character of the main cast (at least until Piccolo and Vegeta showed up anyway)

Can someone explain to me why Aizen's arm changed shape , color and had a lot of veins/markings once he took the Hogyoku out of Rukia ?

Always wondered what the hell was that ?

Adamant soul

Can someone explain to me why Aizen's arm changed shape , color and had a lot of veins/markings once he took the Hogyoku out of Rukia ?

Always wondered what the hell was that ?

He used some device/specific method developed by Urahara to do this, so it was because of that.

Not sure WHY exactly it changes his hand but it does. :urahaha

Top Bottom