• CC
    PotW is back with a special edition Happy Holidays!
    ~Deadline to enter is Monday, December the 19th at 9 PM UTC.

Bleach Manga Complaints Thread

Medjaynegus

Wonderweiss was not hurt at all by fighting Mashiro. He one shot her.

Yes

Hell no

He used bankai for that which is why nobody could see him until after getting slashed or stabbed

He fought Royd while Yhwach was with Aizen. He was with Aizen basically the whole invasion
Nope the light novels confirmed it was the real yhwach. Tosen still beat them though

ShaolinAce

One Crazy Fool
After aizen died I stopped reading the series. It pretty much ended for me. Is it even worth to continue on further? I mean I wasnt really enjoying myself when I did quit.

Divine Vasto

-There shouldn't be a very small limit to the vizard's masks
-Yammy shouldn't be the 0th espada (fucks the powerscaling more)
-Some of the vizards should've died in the arrancar arc (Love and Rose against Starrk and Hiyori against Gin)
-Ichigo should've gotten his powers from Urahara's training instead of Aizen
-Shunsui should've been more injured from Starrk's cero (maybe have a panel of him commenting on how bad the cero hurt him)
-Instead of the Shinigami, Orihime, Uryu, and Chad should've fought the fullbringers and Chad should've been more explored

Medjaynegus

-There shouldn't be a very small limit to the vizard's masks
-Yammy shouldn't be the 0th espada (fucks the powerscaling more)
-Some of the vizards should've died in the arrancar arc (Love and Rose against Starrk and Hiyori against Gin)
-Ichigo should've gotten his powers from Urahara's training instead of Aizen
-Shunsui should've been more injured from Starrk's cero (maybe have a panel of him commenting on how bad the cero hurt him)
-Instead of the Shinigami, Orihime, Uryu, and Chad should've fought the fullbringers and Chad should've been more explored
How does it mess the powerscaling, hes a dumb brute it means nothing against actual statatehy and tactics. Mayuri, kisuke, aizen, szayel, askin, and more have shown you can out maneuver stronger foes.
It was already hinted that his powers were naturally his when the old man said his own powers existed and that kisuke mentioned he wasnt hollwoifying like a normal hollow
Why would the future captain commander be heavily injured by a cero?
Some of the captains could of died
The mask limit makes sense they are imperfect. Products

Adamant soul

Reading the manga again in preparation for the anime coming back.
It honestly makes me sad to see Kon get so utterly wasted.
  • Fully sapient artificial soul designed for battle.
  • Betrayed by his creators for no real reason and forced to watch all his fellows die horribly.
  • Gained an immense respect for life as a result of the Soul Society's brutality
  • Thrown in a teddy bear and reduced to a comic relief mascot for the remainder of his panel-time. :facepalm
At least the Regai arc and some of the stand alone filler episodes tried to treat him as an actual fucking character, rather than a perverted punching bag.

Divine Vasto

Reading the manga again in preparation for the anime coming back.
It honestly makes me sad to see Kon get so utterly wasted.
  • Fully sapient artificial soul designed for battle.
  • Betrayed by his creators for no real reason and forced to watch all his fellows die horribly.
  • Gained an immense respect for life as a result of the Soul Society's brutality
  • Thrown in a teddy bear and reduced to a comic relief mascot for the remainder of his panel-time. :facepalm
At least the Regai arc and some of the stand alone filler episodes tried to treat him as an actual fucking character, rather than a perverted punching bag.
Eh, personally I'm not too fond of Kon himself. Sorry

Divine Vasto

Speaking of, I'm not enjoying how characters like Byakuya, Kenpachi, Hitsu get more spotlight than other interesting captains like Kyoraku, Komamura, or Unohana. Hell, they're pretty much the reason Chad never got a character arc.

Adamant soul

Eh, personally I'm not too fond of Kon himself. Sorry

Why not?

About the only thing I dislike about him as a character, is just how overly and creepily perverted he got AFTER being put in the teddy bear and confined to comic relief.

He really wasn't that bad in his intro, outside of having no respect for personal space (which could be justified as he's spent most of his life locked in a pill).

Kubo dialled his perverted streak up to 11 after that so we we'd all laugh wen he got beat up for it constantly.

Divine Vasto

Why not?

About the only thing I dislike about him as a character, is just how overly and creepily perverted he got AFTER being put in the teddy bear and confined to comic relief.

He really wasn't that bad in his intro, outside of having no respect for personal space (which could be justified as he's spent most of his life locked in a pill).

Kubo dialled his perverted streak up to 11 after that so we we'd all laugh wen he got beat up for it constantly.
Never said I dislike him. Maybe I should've rephrased what I said.
I'm not too big of a fan of him. Doesn't mean I dislike him. Just fairly ok as a character. Though yeah, he does deserve better

Adamant soul

Speaking of, I'm not enjoying how characters like Byakuya, Kenpachi, Hitsu get more spotlight than other interesting captains like Kyoraku, Komamura, or Unohana.

While I agree he hogged way too much panel-time, I wouldn't put Byakuya in the same boat as Kenpachi and Hitsugaya, given he actually is an interesting character in his own right.

Frankly Kyoraku did fine in terms of panel-time IMO.

I agree with the rest.
Hell, they're pretty much the reason Chad never got a character arc.

True

Imagine after encountering Yuuichi in Soul Society and realising he hasn't found his mother still, Chad took it upon himself to help him find her. Maybe when he was in the Seireitei, he'd be looking for some sort of records that would say which district they sent her to. This gives him more agency and a sense of being his own character rather than "he's just there because Ichigo is".

I would also have Chad fight Komamura rather than Kyoraku. They have more in common personalty wise, it gives Komamura something to do in the SS arc, while he'd still lose there's room for it to be more of an even fight (Chad would be the one who'd smash Sajin's helmet) and it would effectively mirror Ichigo's fight with Kenpachi (which Ichigo should have lost), leading to Komamura and Kenpachi fighting later.

Medjaynegus

While I agree he hogged way too much panel-time, I wouldn't put Byakuya in the same boat as Kenpachi and Hitsugaya, given he actually is an interesting character in his own right.

Frankly Kyoraku did fine in terms of panel-time IMO.

I agree with the rest.

True

Imagine after encountering Yuuichi in Soul Society and realising he hasn't found his mother still, Chad took it upon himself to help him find her. Maybe when he was in the Seireitei, he'd be looking for some sort of records that would say which district they sent her to. This gives him more agency and a sense of being his own character rather than "he's just there because Ichigo is".

I would also have Chad fight Komamura rather than Kyoraku. They have more in common personalty wise, it gives Komamura something to do in the SS arc, while he'd still lose there's room for it to be more of an even fight (Chad would be the one who'd smash Sajin's helmet) and it would effectively mirror Ichigo's fight with Kenpachi (which Ichigo should have lost), leading to Komamura and Kenpachi fighting later.
I doubt chad could break kommarua helmet or would even tag him. None of ichigos friends except maybe uryuu was captain level. Ichigo need multiple powerups to resch that level. Chad still would of got oneshotted regardless. I dont think soul society has records on those who live in rukongai, they just send them off

Adamant soul

I doubt chad could break kommarua helmet or would even tag him.

Why the hell wouldn't he be able to break his helmet, it's literally just made of wood?

As for being able to tag him, Komamura tends to tank attacks rather than avoid them anyway so that's not an issue.

This isn't a fight I'm saying Chad would win, but it would work as a way of exploring the characters of both Chad and Sajin, building a sense of respect between them given how similar they are and serve as motivation for Chad to get stronger later

The only attack Chad's going to throw that's going to deal actual damage is the last one (the blast even Kyoraku acknowledged would have hurt if he'd been hit by it). Except Sajin would tank that shit like the beast he is, with only some minor damage to show for it.
None of ichigos friends except maybe uryuu was captain level. Ichigo need multiple powerups to resch that level.Chad still would of got oneshotted regardless.

Yes I am aware of this, him winning is not the point.

If it were up to me, Ichigo wouldn't have beaten Kenpachi either. Hence why I said that fight and Chad's one with Sajin would mirror each other. Outside of the fact Chad and Sajin would come to respect each other while Ichigo uses Kenpachi as an example of what he definitely doesn't want to be. Both fights would motivate Ichigo and Chad to get stronger.

AND these fights would also serve the additional purpose of establishing both Captains before they fight later in the arc. Which would actually happen while Tosen simply disappears in the chaos (to reappear before Renji later).
I dont think soul society has records on those who live in rukongai, they just send them off

The records don't need to actually exist.

The point is just to give Chad a goal to work towards that he actually has a reason to be personally invested in that isn't "just because Ichigo is doing it".

You could have the records exist and Komamura could get them for Chad in the week between Aizen's reveal and their return home. Or they could not exist and Komamura could have his division help look for her.

It would also show a more positive side to the Soul Reapers, proving they're not all complete and utter cunts like Kenpachi and Mayuri. :maybe

Medjaynegus

Why the hell wouldn't he be able to break his helmet, it's literally just made of wood?

As for being able to tag him, Komamura tends to tank attacks rather than avoid them anyway so that's not an issue.

This isn't a fight I'm saying Chad would win, but it would work as a way of exploring the characters of both Chad and Sajin, building a sense of respect between them given how similar they are and serve as motivation for Chad to get stronger later

The only attack Chad's going to throw that's going to deal actual damage is the last one (the blast even Kyoraku acknowledged would have hurt if he'd been hit by it). Except Sajin would tank that shit like the beast he is, with only some minor damage to show for it.

Yes I am aware of this, him winning is not the point.

If it were up to me, Ichigo wouldn't have beaten Kenpachi either. Hence why I said that fight and Chad's one with Sajin would mirror each other. Outside of the fact Chad and Sajin would come to respect each other while Ichigo uses Kenpachi as an example of what he definitely doesn't want to be. Both fights would motivate Ichigo and Chad to get stronger.

AND these fights would also serve the additional purpose of establishing both Captains before they fight later in the arc. Which would actually happen while Tosen simply disappears in the chaos (to reappear before Renji later).

The records don't need to actually exist.

The point is just to give Chad a goal to work towards that he actually has a reason to be personally invested in that isn't "just because Ichigo is doing it".

You could have the records exist and Komamura could get them for Chad in the week between Aizen's reveal and their return home. Or they could not exist and Komamura could have his division help look for her.

It would also show a more positive side to the Soul Reapers, proving they're not all complete and utter cunts like Kenpachi and Mayuri. :maybe
But the soul reapers are evil cunts. Rukongai is large as hell. Why would kommarua care to help some random kid.

Adamant soul

But the soul reapers are evil cunts.

Their management (meaning Central 46 and the Noble families), for the most part, are uncaring self-centred cunts. Not disputing that.

Doesn't change the fact there are Soul Reapers that are genuinely good people like Rukia, Renji etc.

Considering this is the guy who held no ill will towards Tosen even after his betrayal and attempts to kill him, Komamura is almost certainly one of the exceptions.
Rukongai is large as hell.

A single Division has at least hundreds of squad members (one of the ways to become a Captain is to beat the current one in front of 200 Division members).

There are 200 districts of the Rukongai. I'd say that's enough to make the job easier.
Why would kommarua care to help some random kid.

They'd come to respect each other over the course of their fight, through their similarities (they're both outcasts who are devoted to the people who accept them in spite of their differences) similar to how Sajin originally befriended Tosen.

On top of that, given the whole reason Tosen defected was because of the Soul Reaper's broken legal system and faulty morals. I'd say Komamura would have plenty justification to do help Chad do the right thing by a citizen of Rukongai. The people who are supposed to be under the care of the Soul Reapers.

Medjaynegus

Their management (meaning Central 46 and the Noble families), for the most part, are uncaring self-centred cunts. Not disputing that.

Doesn't change the fact there are Soul Reapers that are genuinely good people like Rukia, Renji etc.

Considering this is the guy who held no ill will towards Tosen even after his betrayal and attempts to kill him, Komamura is almost certainly one of the exceptions.

A single Division has at least hundreds of squad members (one of the ways to become a Captain is to beat the current one in front of 200 Division members).

There are 200 districts of the Rukongai. I'd say that's enough to make the job easier.

They'd come to respect each other over the course of their fight, through their similarities (they're both outcasts who are devoted to the people who accept them in spite of their differences) similar to how Sajin originally befriended Tosen.

On top of that, given the whole reason Tosen defected was because of the Soul Reaper's broken legal system and faulty morals. I'd say Komamura would have plenty justification to do help Chad do the right thing by a citizen of Rukongai. The people who are supposed to be under the care of the Soul Reapers.
There are 320 districts of rukongai and they don't focus on districts past the 70th because they lack the manpower. You think the head captain would authorize such a thing or let kommarua do anything similar. Next Yamamoto, unohana, mayuri, kenpachi, byakuya, gin, tosen, aizen, and maybe shunsui/ukitake have shown themselves to be more than just following orders. Unohana/kenpachi/mayuri/aizen/Yamamoto are serial killers and ruthless criminals. Yhwach himself stated they were nothing but a group of thugs that later soften after the fall of the quincy, it isnt just the c46 or nobles. Next you underestimating the size of rukongai. The rukon and seireitei is the size of earth. Ignore seireitei inconsistent size the rukon would be the rest of earth. 200 soul reapers for a division cannot patrol 320 districts let alone a dozen. Rukia trained with kaien in one district that has it's own mountain range. The rukon is too large to just search for one person

Last edited:

12771a

The Warrior of Cosmos
i think kubo made shinigami aizen too strong. soloing the gotei 13 while barely using ks and no kido was ridiculous even if some of them like sajin and shunsui recently fought.
I think Kubo should've foreshadowed FGT b4 introducing it in the FKT. this reddit post had a good idea

Medjaynegus

i think kubo made shinigami aizen too strong. soloing the gotei 13 while barely using ks and no kido was ridiculous even if some of them like sajin and shunsui recently fought.
I think Kubo should've foreshadowed FGT b4 introducing it in the FKT. this reddit post had a good idea
He did not solo the gotei 13. He fought battle weary captains who just came back from fighning espada. He did use kido against ichigo and shunsui. On the reddit post comments.
1. We know it's possible to return powers by uryuuw training and the fact that kisuke already awakened ichigos powers in shattered shaft. Next rukia gave her powers to ichigo meaning something liek this could always happen again. Not sure people were surprised about this
2. It was never implied isshin lost his powers by fgt, kisuke himself stated that he hoped isshinndoesnt blame him for being weaker and losing his powers.
3. The vizard training was him trying to fight to protect. He wanted revenge against grimmjow/ulquiorra, save orihime, and protect his town. He was never trusted into the aizen plot, it's a natural progression of what aizen did against him in ss arc.
4. To foreshadow fgt you would need to give isshin more screentime and mention it before fkt.

Last edited:

son_michael

Embrace The Kai

Or you know a better idea would have been not to give Ichigo another getsuga tenshou.

Divine Vasto

I personally don’t mind FGT. Like I don’t need every damn thing forshadowed for me in Bleach. Hell Bankai wasn’t forshadowed and many fans didn’t have a problem. I still thought this was a decent idea and it went well with Ichigo’s character resolution

KennethLT

i dont think the FGT concept was bad at all, transcendence was the shit concept.
people had more problems with the scaling in that arc.

Medjaynegus

i dont think the FGT concept was bad at all, transcendence was the shit concept.
people had more problems with the scaling in that arc.
transcendence just means having some much reiatsu that you cant sense people. People actually believe that transcendence is an actual state.

Top Bottom