• CC
    PotW is back with a special edition Happy Holidays!
    ~Deadline to enter is Monday, December the 19th at 9 PM UTC.

Bleach Manga Complaints Thread

MShadows

Deathbat
At least the anime would try to make that shit entertaining, wouldn't stop Yhwach from somehow managing to be a worse villain than Aizen (which is quite the feat, I'll give him that). :maybe
I never really cared for Yhwach. Aizen was beastly tho.

If the anime ever drops they should contact Kubo right away and extend the art with all the tidbits that got scrapped by Kubo in the manga. Add in Zombie Izuru Kira, show the Squad Zero fights and reveal their Zanpakuto, reveal some unrevealed Bankais, don't rush the fuckin ending and give Ichigo's full power Hollow Bankai a proper power showcase, give the fathers some fights against the Elite, extend Hashwalt's role etc.

Adamant soul

He really wasn't, Aizen was boring as fuck and the second he was the only villain left was when the FKT arc turned to shit because Aizen isn't interesting or entertaining enough to carry a manga. Not to mention the "I planned out your life" thing which turned it into a nonsensical mess.

When the anime devotes an entire filler episode to trying to explain how that's possible and it still doesn't make any fucking sense, it's time to admit you should have just had Urahara be the one who made these things happen and Aizen just view Ichigo as a curiosity, nothing more. Not only does it make more sense, it'd give more justification for Ichigo going to Ginjo in the next arc and not trusting Urahara.

Keishin

He really wasn't, Aizen was boring as fuck and the second he was the only villain left was when the FKT arc turned to shit because Aizen isn't interesting or entertaining enough to carry a manga. Not to mention the "I planned out your life" thing which turned it into a nonsensical mess.

When the anime devotes an entire filler episode to trying to explain how that's possible and it still doesn't make any fucking sense, it's time to admit you should have just had Urahara be the one who made these things happen and Aizen just view Ichigo as a curiosity, nothing more. Not only does it make more sense, it'd give more justification for Ichigo going to Ginjo in the next arc and not trusting Urahara.
Everything but the rain flashback explained what Aizen meant with Ichigo though.

AuxunauxiaNoname

螺旋派侠客
Ok... didn't know I was allowed to post twice on one complaint thread...

Should I try to catch up to Bleach past the part Ulquiora died, prior to complaining at all about the manga, or should I just leave it at I think I might have read a few pages past that arc but after watching Byakuya get hurt and worrying about whether I'd have to watch him die too decided Tite Kubo is an asshole so I'd rather invest my time in reading fanfiction than investing my time in a man who probably has great-grandparents who caused the universe to shift in such a way that I could have different relatives today if not for... stuff that Tite Kubo had absolutely nothing to do with at all.

I complain that this manga causes me to think too much.

Nathan Copeland

Rank 50/Madara's Brother

If the anime ever drops they should contact Kubo right away and extend the art with all the tidbits that got scrapped by Kubo in the manga. Add in Zombie Izuru Kira, show the Squad Zero fights and reveal their Zanpakuto, reveal some unrevealed Bankais, don't rush the fuckin ending and give Ichigo's full power Hollow Bankai a proper power showcase, give the fathers some fights against the Elite, extend Hashwalt's role etc.
Royal guards were supposed to be the final villains, ishin and ryuken were supposed to fight

San Juan Wolf

They're even better when you're dead

I mean there was a certain charm to his trolling antics but his actual motivation and characterisation were absolute garbage, and the bullshit 4D Chess levels of Keikaku were a sign of incredibly poor storytelling abilities on Kubo's part.

He only really stands out as a villain because

1. Most of his co antagonists were either bland cookie cutter bad guys or Ulquoira, who was such an obvious attempt at pandering to the emo crowd and the little shits who adore such wankers that it was frankly embarassing.

2. He was the first real big villain of the series

3. His arc took 3 + years to end so that he was focused on a lot even with Bleach's glacial pacing.

4. When compared with him, the only other three villains are lesser Aizen clones, meaning the two Aizen wannabs in the Fullbringers and Yhwach. Yhwach is even more painfully underdeveloped than Aizen because we have basically zero idea about the Quincies where we at least knew a little bit about the Shinigami. Also doesn't help that while Aizen used Godmode to troll the ever loving fuck out of people and transform into Weird Condom Man, Butteflaizen and his final Tentacle form, Yhwach was such a boring, static sad sack of lazy he never did much beyond sit and not even twirl his stache,

12771a

The Warrior of Cosmos
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird how no shinigami notes any similarity b/w ichigo and isshin. We always see kaien comparisons. We know isshin was a captain at least 16 years before ch. 1 so rukia, toshiro, renji, byakuya, etc all knew him (can't imagine them not knowing how the other captains looked like since even a guy like ikkaku knew urahara used to be a captain). I mean like you'd think someone like ukitake would say he looks like the missing squad 10 captain Since rukia was living w/ ichigo she must've saw isshin so she may've kept his secret.
Also kubo's habit of off-paneling some fights in this manga got on my nerves some times. Especially with yammy. Felt like dude was deliberately trolling us there. Reveals him to be 0th and strongest espada, proceeds to get easily off paneled.

Medjaynegus

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird how no shinigami notes any similarity b/w ichigo and isshin. We always see kaien comparisons. We know isshin was a captain at least 16 years before ch. 1 so rukia, toshiro, renji, byakuya, etc all knew him (can't imagine them not knowing how the other captains looked like since even a guy like ikkaku knew urahara used to be a captain). I mean like you'd think someone like ukitake would say he looks like the missing squad 10 captain Since rukia was living w/ ichigo she must've saw isshin so she may've kept his secret.
Also kubo's habit of off-paneling some fights in this manga got on my nerves some times. Especially with yammy. Felt like dude was deliberately trolling us there. Reveals him to be 0th and strongest espada, proceeds to get easily off paneled.
Why do you assume everyone knew what isshin looked like. Renji didnt know who toshiro was during ss arc. Most captains dont see each other due to the size of seireitei. Rukia wasnt aware of isshin cause she wanst a seated shinigami nor had she meant him. I have no problem off paneling fights because most of them weren't that interesting in the first place. Yammy could get off paneled cause he wasnt an important character

Keishin

I mean there was a certain charm to his trolling antics but his actual motivation and characterisation were absolute garbage, and the bullshit 4D Chess levels of Keikaku were a sign of incredibly poor storytelling abilities on Kubo's part.

He only really stands out as a villain because

1. Most of his co antagonists were either bland cookie cutter bad guys or Ulquoira, who was such an obvious attempt at pandering to the emo crowd and the little shits who adore such wankers that it was frankly embarassing.

2. He was the first real big villain of the series

3. His arc took 3 + years to end so that he was focused on a lot even with Bleach's glacial pacing.

4. When compared with him, the only other three villains are lesser Aizen clones, meaning the two Aizen wannabs in the Fullbringers and Yhwach. Yhwach is even more painfully underdeveloped than Aizen because we have basically zero idea about the Quincies where we at least knew a little bit about the Shinigami. Also doesn't help that while Aizen used Godmode to troll the ever loving fuck out of people and transform into Weird Condom Man, Butteflaizen and his final Tentacle form, Yhwach was such a boring, static sad sack of lazy he never did much beyond sit and not even twirl his stache,
none of that is true. yhwach surprised everyone for being active much sooner than expected..

San Juan Wolf

none of that is true. yhwach surprised everyone for being active much sooner than expected..

How is none of what I said true. Please provide a detailed rebuttal including refferences to specific chapters for the sake of verification please.

Also

Yhwach is even more painfully underdeveloped than Aizen because we have basically zero idea about the Quincies where we at least knew a little bit about the Shinigami.

How is this an untrue statement ? We don't even know if the Quincies are alive like Uryu, or if they are denizens of the afterlife like the Shinnigami.

Because Kubo eventually forgot there was ever any difference between the two.

Adamant soul

No you're not because it doesn't make any sense. Yamamoto immediately recognised the Vaizards, you have non-Captains remembering Urahara as you said and yet NO ONE ever seems to make the connection between them despite the fact they should obviously remember Isshin as he was only a captain a couple decades ago.

It's possible that since Kaien is more fresh in their minds that he's the one they make the connection to. Ukitake and Rukia are still hung up about Kaien's death which is why he's the one they see when they look at Ichigo.

Now Kubo did reveal after the fact that Hitsugaya and Matsumoto recognised Isshin and simply said nothing. However this DOES NOT change the fact that numerous Soul Reapers who should remember Isshin still wrote Ichigo off as a human who gained Soul Reaper powers (look at Byakuya for example).

All Kubo had to do was make Isshin A LOT older and say he was a Soul Reaper HUNDREDS of years ago and that might have justified it. But as is there is literally no excuse for the Gotei 13 not collectively making the connection immediately and stopping the rampant underestimation of Ichigo that plagued them in the SS arc.

It was even more annoying when he off-panelled most of Uryu vs Haschwalth, leaving us to only see the part where they trade their broken ass schrifts back and forth which isn't even really a fight at that point. It's dumb as fuck especially as that fight was hyped and built up to for a good cunk of the arc. :facepalm

Last edited:

Keishin

How is none of what I said true. Please provide a detailed rebuttal including refferences to specific chapters for the sake of verification please.

Also

How is this an untrue statement ? We don't even know if the Quincies are alive like Uryu, or if they are denizens of the afterlife like the Shinnigami.

Because Kubo eventually forgot there was ever any difference between the two.
what detailed rebuttal you didnt have any pts to rebuttal just empty words

what dont we know about quincies? they are skilled people from the kingdom of light, a world that yhwach conquered and became king of. shinigami had war with quincies that escaped and the last quincies were slaughtered 400 y's be4. the remaining soldiers (chosen sternritters) were hiding in the shadows of souls society.
they literally said uryu was the last remaining quinci and yhwach clearly has dibs on every1 except ryuken (seeing as he killed masaki by flexing)

like, did you even read the mangah we literally had flashback on the quincies right be4 sternritters were formed along with yhwachs flashback chapter where he was a baby

Bleach sucks.

Shoulda ended 10 years earlier than it did to be honest.

But cant fault kubo for wanting to simply draw cool designs and shit

Vault

Time: Donut of the heart
Kubo actually had a lot of story set up, they made him axe it in the worst way possible.
Not to mention he said he lost his original story drafts. Which is why after soul society you could tell the dip in quality and Kubo was making up shit as he went

son_michael

Embrace The Kai
Not to mention he said he lost his original story drafts. Which is why after soul society you could tell the dip in quality and Kubo was making up shit as he went

Didn't know that, explains alot. Even so I think he was setting up karin, Ryuujinjakka with Whach and just so many things were cut out.

San Juan Wolf

Yeah ima not buy that, the man said earlier he purposefully doesn't plan things ahead in order to "keep things fresh", and even admitted he came up with the Aizen twist at the last second just because it was the one thing people wouldn't expect.

Ima call bullshit :lmao

Vault

Time: Donut of the heart
Yeah ima not buy that, the man said earlier he purposefully doesn't plan things ahead in order to "keep things fresh", and even admitted he came up with the Aizen twist at the last second just because it was the one thing people wouldn't expect.

Ima call bullshit :lmao

Makes sense it could have started before. But what I'm saying is that the freestyling became even more glaring after soul society. So it's not bs

Medjaynegus

No you're not because it doesn't make any sense. Yamamoto immediately recognised the Vaizards, you have non-Captains remembering Urahara as you said and yet NO ONE ever seems to make the connection between them despite the fact they should obviously remember Isshin as he was only a captain a couple decades ago.

It's possible that since Kaien is more fresh in their minds that he's the one they make the connection to. Ukitake and Rukia are still hung up about Kaien's death which is why he's the one they see when they look at Ichigo.

Now Kubo did reveal after the fact that Hitsugaya and Matsumoto recognised Isshin and simply said nothing. However this DOES NOT change the fact that numerous Soul Reapers who should remember Isshin still wrote Ichigo off as a human who gained Soul Reaper powers (look at Byakuya for example).

All Kubo had to do was make Isshin A LOT older and say he was a Soul Reaper HUNDREDS of years ago and that might have justified it. But as is there is literally no excuse for the Gotei 13 not collectively making the connection immediately and stopping the rampant underestimation of Ichigo that plagued them in the SS arc.

It was even more annoying when he off-panelled most of Uryu vs Haschwalth, leaving us to only see the part where they trade their broken ass schrifts back and forth which isn't even really a fight at that point. It's dumb as fuck especially as that fight was hyped and built up to for a good cunk of the arc. :facepalm
What are u talking about, most of the gotei 13 didnt see his father. For example, shinji had no idea who isshin was. The only ones to interact with his dad was hitsugaya, ranguiku, and rukia. Why would they make a connection in ss arc, byakuya send he resembled kaien then took his powers. After that left him for dead. Next he comes back with powers and they are not aware. Why would he assume that isshin is the father? Isshin was in a gigai that erased his powers and kept him half human, why would ichigo be the immediate connection to isshin if byakuya swore off ichigo and kaein connection.

Medjaynegus

Makes sense it could have started before. But what I'm saying is that the freestyling became even more glaring after soul society. So it's not bs
I dont see the storytelling becoming freestyling nor really bad. We know kubo was forced to focus more on fights than storytelling and skip certain arcs he wanted to do. I believe the weekly schedule, him losing notes, his mental ability, editor pressure, and maybe a few more lead to bleach ending. But I'm still one who doesnt see anything wrong bleach nor its storytelling, reading back you can see plotoints that were long term, foreshadowing, chekov gun, etc. He doesnt get credit for foreshadowing, and use of othe literary devices.

Kubo actually had a lot of story set up, they made him axe it in the worst way possible.

Because he literally could not stop doing the same shit over and over again. Of course they would make him axe it if the final arc went on for 4 years without any sign of stopping or going anywhere and popularity clearly dropping due to his mediocre particulars. That's on him not SJ for wasting money on his series indefinately

Medjaynegus

Because he literally could not stop doing the same shit over and over again. Of course they would make him axe it if the final arc went on for 4 years without any sign of stopping or going anywhere and popularity clearly dropping due to his mediocre particulars. That's on him not SJ for wasting money on his series indefinately
It did not get axe, he stopped. We were never told it was axed but he wasn't physically able to continue and he didn't repeat everything. He wanted to do the ashido arc, not have as much fighting in fake karakura town arc, etc. This never happened

12771a

The Warrior of Cosmos
Am I the only one who thinks the power levels in bleach makes no sense. For some examples, base Lisa somehow surviving against a hollowified bankai ichigo when said ichigo was owning byakuya, Ulquiorra admitting inferiority to starrk/hallibel/barragan but starrk kinda seemed less stronger than him, that giant hollow thing just casually blowing away yama's flame fortess meant to hold captain class shinigami but it gets one shotted later by mashiro, gotei 13 performing better against elite sternritter than the rg espically when shunsui was earlier having trouble against robert. I also didn't like how it was revealed the reason kenpachi lost to ichigo was because he was holding back because he later seems to have no problem taking down characters stronger than that ichigo/around that level in an easier manner such as tousen, sajin/tousen, royd.

Keishin

Am I the only one who thinks the power levels in bleach makes no sense. For some examples, base Lisa somehow surviving against a hollowified bankai ichigo when said ichigo was owning byakuya, Ulquiorra admitting inferiority to starrk/hallibel/barragan but starrk kinda seemed less stronger than him, that giant hollow thing just casually blowing away yama's flame fortess meant to hold captain class shinigami but it gets one shotted later by mashiro, gotei 13 performing better against elite sternritter than the rg espically when shunsui was earlier having trouble against robert. I also didn't like how it was revealed the reason kenpachi lost to ichigo was because he was holding back because he later seems to have no problem taking down characters stronger than that ichigo/around that level in an easier manner such as tousen, sajin/tousen, royd.
-The visoreds are stronger than Byakuya I'm sure.
-Ulq is the 4th Espada, so he is weaker than the FKT Espada. Stark is the only espada who can spam thousands of ceros and in base he hard blitzed Ichigo and Kenpachi while kidnapping orihime which was what hyped his rank.
-The giant hollow that spawned dozens of menos grande blowing it away wasn't really showcased as a DC feat.
-RG fought the elites in base form while the Gotei went all-out (and as we saw even with bankais they didn't do that well against the elites either). Even urahara would have died if he wasnt so smart.
-Robert went vollstandig and took a shot at shunsui who felt Yama's death
-Kenpachi part has nothing to do with this because it was unconscious seals...

Medjaynegus

1. That was bankai hollow ichigo and the version lisa fought didnt show intelligence, and was busy fightning ichigo in the inner world.
2. Area of effect versus attack potency is a thing, also he was in las noches therefore had a power boost.
3. Next kenpachi won, ichigo went down twice in battle and had the hollow masks to stop the blow. Kenpachi has been hinted to get stronger after every fight and these is true in bleach period since the shattered shaft, kenpachi was fightning alone so him not using his full power isnt a shocker when he never achieved shikai nor bankai.
4. Hollowed blowing away Yamamotos flame might be an ability or something aizen designed, similar to mashiro. Next mashiro is extremely strong she was kicking base wonderweiss around.
5. None of the gotei 13 performed better, if anything oetsu and ichibei performed best, oetsu one shorted 3 of them and and nearly yhwach. Shunsui lost and nanao sword only weaken lille not killing him. Mayuri lost nemu and nearly died. Kisuke nearly died along with yoruichi, jushiro, and grimmjow. Both kisuke and mayuri strategy and tactics to win, kisuke planned ahead and mayuri prepped his ass off. He lost to robert because of being distracted and it looks like he doesnt have his games, next he never used kido or bankai.
6. He did not defeat sanji, sanjin left after noticing Yamamoto fightning. Tosen lost because he didnt go in for the kill, tosen took down captains in turn back the pendulum with his shikai but he was playing with zaraki long enough to figure out his bankais weakness. Zaraki did not fight royd he fought yhwach and lost. Zaraki trained during the months of aizens defeat in both manga and light novel. That's why he took down three sternritter.

Commander Shunsui

Next mashiro is extremely strong she was kicking base wonderweiss around.

Wonderweiss was not hurt at all by fighting Mashiro. He one shot her.

oetsu one shorted 3 of them

Yes

and nearly yhwach.

Hell no

tosen took down captains in turn back the pendulum with his shikai

He used bankai for that which is why nobody could see him until after getting slashed or stabbed

Zaraki did not fight royd he fought yhwach

He fought Royd while Yhwach was with Aizen. He was with Aizen basically the whole invasion

Top Bottom