Manga Berserk

~Avant~

Eveningstar
Yeah you can definitely tell the difference, speaks to the volume of Miuras unbridled mastery. The man was a force of nature.

Baks

I feel sorry Casca for having to see the guy that raped her appear like literally in front of her.

As for Guts reactions, well I cannot blame for him wanting to slice up Griffith's evil treacherous ass.

Finally regarding Zodd's appearance at the end of chapter 366, well I personally believe that he used the fast travel method that was mentioned in chapter 357 to get to Elf Island.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the other apostles like Grunbeld, the locus knight and archer guy as well as the rest of Griffith's army are right behind Zodd's heels tbh.

Keishin

is it me, or where they way too short? :hm

perhaps because the first chapter didn't have much of a dialogue? :hm

-----

also, is the manga going to be released monthly, or one chapter in every decade now? :meh
They already said they aren't going to write anything that they don't know they're supposed to say so I think we should get used to these type of chapters.

~Avant~

Eveningstar
Fuck the lack of dialogue did make the chapter blast by. It’ll be unfortunate if it really does continue on that trend. But make the most of what we can get I suppose

Mawt

Really liked these two chapters. I think they basically got as close as possible to replicating Miura's art, and I'm all for it.

One point of confusion for me tho was a lack of Griffith/Moon Boy's tears. At the end of chapter 364 we saw him tearing up. The tear kinda just disappeared.

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
Scans of 365 and 366 are out:

Shit, reading this was surreal. I never expected to read Berserk again. It's not quite the same but shit, you can tell that they're trying their best. The very start of the first chapter with the scene panning on Puck flying really gives this impression that this is the start of a new thing, I liked that touch.

As far as the character design goes, this is actually solid. A lot more than I thought. I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't hate Miura's late artstyle that was borderline Shoujo where everyone had soft, round features with every woman looking derpy as hell with huge lips.

Caska and Farnese actually got their sharp facial features back, making them a lot more appealing. And Griffith finally looks like he's a feminine but threatening man instead of a blow up doll.

Guts bounces between legitimatelly great to just derpy as fuck, especially the double spread on his face. But the worst page has got to be:

The art of the last page of the 2nd chapter looks like a bootleg of what it should have been for such a moment.

They really fucked up Zodd there. This is the one character that you could tell Miura had perfected, even during the late stage of his art.

I'd say that this doesn't compare to Miura's artistic peak during Millenium Falcon and The Tower of Conviction arc but stands above his latest shift which I kinda sorta hated with a passion. This made for a much better first impression than I thought it was gonna be.

This is gonna happen whether I like it or not so I'll try to be optimistic about it. It's just so weird to see this back knowing Miura is dead. I'll probably never get used to it.

Last edited:

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
That said, you can tell that the ambition of visual density is gone. They're trying their best to mimic Miura's absolutely austim of total spacial awareness but it just isn't there. It'll probably get better as it goes but they can't have these fast releases, the art will just take a hit and they cannot afford to fuck it up.

My greatest concern will be the storyboards, panel composition, fight choreography, the wide shots of battle moments. Miura has a very specific style of Before and After with his sword attacks that he literally kept using since volume 1. This goes beyond mere art imitation and this is probably where it'll be a lot more noticeable.

That's not even counting character expression and interactions. If Miura was behind this chapter, you just know that Griffith would be saying something emotionally detached to Guts, probably to placate the Moon Child's feelings over his parents.

Last edited:

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
Also, the branches of the World Tree are just above Elfhelm so everyone's about to get raped. There's a direct highway between Falconia and Elfhelm.

Last edited:

lightcrowler

Scans of 365 and 366 are out:

This is awesome. Fuck i’m hype.
Ofcourse it’s not of the same quality as Miuras writting/drawing, but this will absolutely do and i’m pretty sure that the new artists will get better with time.
I’m just happy that this series is getting a conclusion.

Rasendori

Mr. Tambourine Man
Damn. I appreciate the positivity but I’m not going to sit here and pretend that the art was anything less than poopy.

the bodies and paneling were worse than a standard Shonen.

hoping it gets better.

Top Bottom