• CC
    PotW is back with a special edition Happy Holidays!
    ~Deadline to enter is Monday, December the 19th at 9 PM UTC.

Bankai Kenpachi vs Quilge

Divell

A Walking Jojo Reference
The jail held Fullbringer Ichigo until his Quincy powers awakened. Not sure how Kenpachi is supposed to escape when it’s stated that the jail is not made to hold a Quincy down.

WhiskeyThan

Imma trust Yhwach on this one.

Is Nozarashi more durable than FB Tensa Zangetsu? Wondering if it might chip, his Bankai is his body not his blade moreso right? Idk.

I took it as hax, which basically means if are not a Quincy, then you are not getting out to me.

Last edited:

WhiskeyThan

Considering how Kubo portrayed it, Urahara has more chance of getting out with his hax feat against Askin and his barrier that could not be escaped. Though even then maybe it would have to be something that he has that changes your Reiatsu to that of a Quincy temp via a pill like the hollow one or some kind of device.

At the very least conventional means would not work, such as slapping the ever living shit out of it like Ichigo did to exhaustion and that man has fuckloads of Reiatsu. He literally went from doing fuck all to instantly getting out with merely awakening Quincy abilities.

Kubo went hard to show that was needed imo

WhiskeyThan

Also J-Jail was given to Quilge by Yhwach, would he not be the "power" behind that power. I think we can take him at his word as the origin of that power.

Hopium for the anime to make Yhwach use schrifts or Yama's Bankai

Nevan

Are we pretending Fullbring Bankai Ichigo, especially pre Quincy powers, when he couldn't get past Quilge's blut is in any way comparable to Bankai Kenpachi?

There's a fucking RG Renji vs FB Ichgo thread going on right now on which pretty much everyone agrees Renji would give at least some difficulty to Ichigo, compare that to fucking Gerard breathing on him and Bankai Kenpachi just stomping Gerard for an entire chapter.

WhiskeyThan

Amount of energy seems to not be a factor.

Ichigo exhausted himself. He did nothing to the Jail until he got some Quincy Reiatsu, by which time he was weakened. That made the difference, just the nature of the energy.

It all depends how you take Kubo's portrayal and Yhwach's words. It is obviously not a regular cage, FB Bankai Ichigo was stronger than Quilge and without some kind of "hax" at work I cannot see why he could make cage capable of surpressing the guy beating him up.

Nevan

Amount of energy seems to not be a factor.

Ichigo exhausted himself. He did nothing to the Jail until he got some Quincy Reiatsu, by which time he was weakened. That made the difference, just the nature of the energy.

It all depends how you take Kubo's portrayal and Yhwach's words. It is obviously not a regular cage, FB Bankai Ichigo was stronger than Quilge and without some kind of "hax" at work I cannot see why he could make cage capable of surpressing the guy beating him up.
"Harribel was beating Hitsugaya up, without some kind of hax at work I cannot see why he could make cage capable of surpressing the girl beating him up."

Nevermind that Quilge's own Blut was withstanding Ichigo's attacks.

WhiskeyThan

"Harribel was beating Hitsugaya up, without some kind of hax at work I cannot see why he could make cage capable of surpressing the girl beating him up."

Nevermind that Quilge's own Blut was withstanding Ichigo's attacks.
Not at all comparable. Ice is ice.

This is a kind of Reishi cage. And unlike Quilge it cannot replenish itself, it literally persisted after he could not maintain it himself. He is sat in the middle of a dark space, with his Reiatsu being blocked (no one can hear him) and the damn thing persisted and maintained its effectiveness after the person who made it died.

Not at all like his blut, not at all like being encased in ice. Why are you even bothering to compare them when they function entirely differently?

WhiskeyThan

Yhwach was able to engrave many absurd abilities including an entire ranged Killer Queen, Reality Warping, event reversal, conceptual balance manip, dura negging and all sorts.

I do not see why a cage only one race/Reiatsu cannot escape is out of question when we have unblockable attacks, Intang and all kinds of stuff.

I mean, Askin can make himself neg entire powersets.

Nevan

Not at all comparable. Ice is ice.

This is a kind of Reishi cage. And unlike Quilge it cannot replenish itself, it literally persisted after he could not maintain it himself. He is sat in the middle of a dark space, with his Reiatsu being blocked (no one can hear him) and the damn thing persisted and maintained its effectiveness after the person who made it died.

Not at all like his blut, not at all like being encased in ice. Why are you even bothering to compare them when they function entirely differently?
Yeah and as far as we know and there's evidence for it's just a really durable reishi cage, never shown anything like hax.

WhiskeyThan

Yeah and as far as we know and there's evidence for it's just a really durable reishi cage, never shown anything like hax.
Reishi cages do not obstruct your Reiatsu or make it so people cannot hear you. Nor do they require a Quincy to break out of them. Nor does a Quincy need a letter engraving on their soul through a ceremony to trap someone in a Reishi cage. Something Quilge could make with Reishi manip without something extra has absolutely no chance of surviving many, many point blank Getsugas.

Cirsium

I have been thinking about it, but it could be Quilge's Jail was so resistant because he was in Vollstandig? We know Vollstandig increases the Schrift of a Sternritter (we can see that with Bambietta's Explode and As Nodt'd Fear), so maybe in base the Jail isn't as strong.

TrueTrueTrue

I don't think so, but I don't think his Jail matters at all. He was only able to use it on Ichigo when his guard was down as a sneak attack.

nyugimon

solos your favorite character
what i'm really curious about is could it hold muken aizen? he's not a quincy but he's also the 2nd strongest character behind only SK yhwach amirite?

WhiskeyThan

what i'm really curious about is could it hold muken aizen? he's not a quincy but he's also the 2nd strongest character barring SK yhwach amirite?
Probably, though you can also make the argument that the Reishi itself with break down under Godly Reiatsu.

Or his nature as being a transformed soul via Hogyoku could allow him to escape.

He’s likely to be as stuck as everyone else though, I mean it’s possible to reduce his power with a chair and technology if he’s not resisting.

Top Bottom