Asuma vs Hiruko

HollowArrow123

Same Distance as Sakura and Sasori

Asuma's goal is to Destroy Hiruko and destroy the needles

HollowArrow123

Asuma IMO is faster and better at CQC than Chiyo and her puppets and the range of Hien gives him the win here.
The chances of survival increases because the chunin and jonin vest are designed to protect shinobi's from things like senbons that have low piercing strenght. Didn't know why Sakura didn't wear one tbh?

Aegon Targaryen

The ''King'' of Inventors
The chances of survival increases because the chunin and jonin vest are designed to protect shinobi's from things like senbons that have low piercing strenght. Didn't know why Sakura didn't wear one tbh?

Huh, good question lol.

Maybe those vests inhibit mobility or strength? Both are very important traits for her.

Speedyamell

Regularly making wankers mad🤷‍♂️
Imagine actually believing that :mjlol

Dude got tagged by Chiyo's puppet Sakura but is somehow gonna beat someone who is at least as fast and much better at CQC :fatcat
Once again you keep nagging me with neg ratings and then quote me with silly shit like this.. chiyo casually reacts to supersonic attacks from sasori and also reacted to frs in the war. Her and asuma are not even in the same tier of speed talkless of him "being better".
Stop being annoying please, disagreeing with someone doesn't mean you have to spam ratings and be condescending from the start.. if you can't do that, maybe just leave me alone thanks:)

Aegon Targaryen

Once again you keep nagging me with neg ratings and then quote me with silly shit like this.

What?

chiyo casually reacts to supersonic attacks from sasori

Nothing casual about it. She was forced to block, Sasori even notes she messed up by not dodging it and that blocking it is bad.

and also reacted to frs in the war

No proof this ever happened.

Her and asuma are not even in the same tier of speed

The Databook literally puts them in the same tier though?

Stop being annoying please

Genuine question - how was I annoying?

ThirdRidoku

my main issue with Asuma winning this is the notion that he can close the distance on Hiruko without taking a single scratch, given that Asuma is mostly a CQC fighter. Sakura did it without a single scratch because of Chiyo guiding her in thanks to her massive experience, allowing her to predict the needle trajectories well in advance, which improved her reaction time to them significantly. She had a thorough understanding of the timing of Hiruko's attacks in other words. Asuma presumably should have much less experience against puppeter traps and the like, which means need to rely much more on his speed and reflexes than Chiyo did. And a single glancing blow could be his downfall.

HollowArrow123

@Aegon Targaryen Shouldn't Chunking his wind chakra blades towards Hiruko be enough to destroy Hiruko. 1 chakra blade alone can easily destroy stone as Asuma said he held back his strength and limited his chakra.

HollowArrow123

Eh, that's a little risky lol. That might cost him the blades for good if Hiruko can dodge or deflect them just right.
True. Asuma has the speed and maybe could see the needles direction as in DB when using Burning ash it states Asuma needs keen senses to read the air currents, insight to read the enemies movements, and an eye for battle tactics to ensure an ally isn't caught. Also Hiruko has no counter for Wind Release: Dust Storm.

Aegon Targaryen

True. Asuma has the speed and maybe could see the needles direction as in DB when using Burning ash it states Asuma needs keen senses to read the air currents, insight to read the enemies movements, and an eye for battle tactics to ensure an ally isn't caught. Also Hiruko has no counter for Wind Release: Dust Storm.

Yeah, good points. I wonder if Asuma could use Katon as a LOS blocker of sorts?

HollowArrow123

@Charmed IMO Sasori needs Aka Higi or Iron Sand to beat Asuma. Outside of that...
Imo iron Sand is what needed to kill Asuma but he won't die instantly I do give Asuma a slight chance if he can get close enough to chop up kaze or more of a chance if given an antidote. Higi imo are simple fodder no greater then fodder chunin-anbu level ninjas or Sound Jonins. There is a 100+ puppets and he could kill about 8 within seconds. I do feel Asuma can keep his own and either defeat them by being careful or take out many before he figures how the puppets are controlled. Sakura took down plenty and still needed growth. Chiyo was dominating. I feel Asuma has this down. The real issue I honestly see when people fight Sasori is not much his arsenal strength and how deadly it is but how people forget that chakra can run out and people think its infinite.

Vivo Diez

I don't think there is any evidence to support that Asuma can deflect or dodge all of the poisoned needles that Chiyo/Sakura was barely able to dodge with Chiyo's help who had knowledge of the puppet.

Shit like this he's gonna get tagged without knowledge for sure:

So basically a puppet master who's at least a whole tier above Asuma, with knowledge on Hiruko, could barely dodge it, there's no chance Asuma is going to be able to do it. And just one needle is fatal.

Last edited:

Gulash

If Asuma plays the range game he can win.
But if he goes for cqc i cant see him not getting scratched at least once.
Thats all that it takes.

Top Bottom