Any thoughts on why Naruto still wears a bandage on his arm?

AniMom

Is it just cause he thinks he looks more ninja -like? It would seem like his scientific ninja tool arm would work better without the bandage LOL

DekuScrub

Hiding at the Owl Cafe...maybe
I suspect it probably looks ugly, uneven, or otherwise unnatural. It's left somewhat vague on how much the "Hashirama cells" we see towards the end of the series were influenced by the Juubi or White Zetsu. It probably looks like (or is) a Zetsu arm under there.

King Shark

People say it'd be pale white like a Zetsu arm but...Zetsus were already pale to begin with. So, I don't think Shodai cells turned it that colored. Before anyone mentions it, Danzo had Shin's arm and Shin himself is a pale mf. Therefore, I don't believe the notion that a artificial Hashi arm would be pale. Maybe, Hashi's tan skin would contrast with Naruto's lighter skin?

I got no clue if his bandaged arm has always been like this or he switched to a new prosthetic because Boruto supplemental material said his new arm incorporates traditional puppet and Hashi cell tech.

AniMom

They have made such big deal about Naruto having multiple versions of his arm, the latest one being upgraded with SNJ, but we have yet to see him use the upgrade except for testing it out then removing it again.

Originally, I thought it was bandaged on so it would not come off in battle, but then he easily and intentionally removed it during his test spar with Boruto.

I tend to agree with those of you that are saying it is more of a reminder of his resolve and also his bond with Sasuke.

Gen D

I suspect it probably looks ugly, uneven, or otherwise unnatural. It's left somewhat vague on how much the "Hashirama cells" we see towards the end of the series were influenced by the Juubi or White Zetsu. It probably looks like (or is) a Zetsu arm under there.
He has a robot arm.

MShadows

Deathbat
It’s a White Zetsu arm. Probably wants to keep it under the wraps because it would look weird and some people might question the decision of relying on something like that.

It is a reminder of what he lost. If Kishimoto wanted to, he could easily explain things away as Tsunade using her medical skills to add pigment to his hand.

cause it looks so kewl d00d :boltlenny
we have to remember this is marketed to teenagers lol, bandages provide some potential edge like a hidden scar.
functionally perhaps nardo has hidden some seal under there for a summon, i couldn't recall.
but damn does it look cool.

TheOmega

SB TATUM > your favorite rapper
It's a dirty Hashirama cell clone arm. Keeping it wrapped up lets us enjoy Naruto without being creeped out that he's using something that was for the villains.

The main question is why the fuck does the kid who could regenerate punctured lungs and recreate eyes need a prostetic instead of regenerating his arm like canon shows us he's capable of.

The oblivious ditzy hipster reasoning for the bandages is obviously that the arm is tied up to symbolize the Bonds that have helped him and been formed throughout his lifetime.

accountmaker

The In Between
It's a dirty Hashirama cell clone arm. Keeping it wrapped up lets us enjoy Naruto without being creeped out that he's using something that was for the villains.

The main question is why the fuck does the kid who could regenerate punctured lungs and recreate eyes need a prostetic instead of regenerating his arm like canon shows us he's capable of.

The oblivious ditzy hipster reasoning for the bandages is obviously that the arm is tied up to symbolize the Bonds that have helped him and been formed throughout his lifetime.
The implication is that he lost that hagoromo powerup after the sasuke fight.

DekuScrub

Hiding at the Owl Cafe...maybe
A lot of what is assumed about Naruto's "six paths" abilities is mostly fan conjecture, and the vast majority of the assumptions from those conjectures do not add up at all.

What many seem to forget us that Naruto was simultaneously communicating with all the biju during that final fight. Every time he was doing a move or attack that was out of his element (so to speak), he was communicating with the biju. They were actively working together, represented as one through Naruto.

Based on various scenes in Boruto, he no longer bothers the other biju unless absolutely necessary. (For example, we see him pull off Lava style in front of Delta.) He maintains some abilities, and Kurama is always available (until his death), but doesn't have all nine working together simultaneously at any point. And that's completely impossible now. Yes, he probably should have been bothering them during the Isshiki fight and that might have been intended as a personal flaw of sorts, as the end of all life in their world certainly involves them.

- - -

Anyway, barring all that, every time Naruto was injured and healed during a previous fight, there was something left to heal. Naruto's arm was entirely blown away at the end, and Kurama was drained to the point of unconsciousness. And before someone brings it up, Kakashi's eye was repurposed tissue. Naruto couldn't do that to himself or he'd probably shrink a foot.

Top Bottom