About Gaara's sand shield

Vogue

Fame Kills
When he was fighting against Kimimaro, near the end when he popped out of the sand and was about to poke Gaara in the eye with his spear, how come Gaara's sand shield wasn't coming up to protect him? I'm sure it had enough time as Kimimaro went babbling on about how Orochimaru was like his idol or something.

He didn't have enough chakra to use the sand shield. He practically said he was at his limit. It's the same at the end of the fight with Naruto. He couldn't hold the sand up any longer. Hence Sakura being released from it. He used up all his chakra with his attacks on Kimimaro.

SwordKirby537 said:
Gaara said he was out of chakra.

The sand shield doesnt consume any of Garra's chakra, since hes not the one controlling it, its Shukkaku.The shield protects him wheter he wants it to or not.

The reason the shield didnt protect him was because he was using all of his sand to make him and Rock Lee float above the ground, therefore he didnt have any left to protect him.

actually from wat i remember, the sand shield was coming to protect him
any1 wanna check the manga page?

edit: yup, chapter 217, page 12, u can see it forming
kimmaro was just too fast i guess
also since the shield acts almost like a spidey sense, maybe it sensed that kimmaro had stopped attacking, and therefore the shield stopped forming b/c gaara was in no danger

RecklessNinja said:
The sand shield doesnt consume any of Garra's chakra, since hes not the one controlling it, its Shukkaku.The shield protects him wheter he wants it to or not.

The reason the shield didnt protect him was because he was using all of his sand to make him and Rock Lee float above the ground, therefore he didnt have any left to protect him.

This is the correct answer. All others are wrong.

Flash Step said:
This is the correct answer. All others are wrong.

Actually, pavister is right.

On Page 12 of chapter 217, you can clearly see the sand starting to rise from the big lump of sand holding Gaara up, preparing to shield him.

However, in the manga, Kimimaro died long before reaching Gaara's eyes. The anime people just screwed up, as usual. They've missed a lot of stuff before and they will miss it again.

Gaara's sand shield was forming. Kimimaro charged, died and then they cut to Orochimaru followed by Gaara and Lee sitting down on the ground.

FallenAngelII said:
Actually, pavister is right.

On Page 12 of chapter 217, you can clearly see the sand starting to rise from the big lump of sand holding Gaara up, preparing to shield him.

However, in the manga, Kimimaro died long before reaching Gaara's eyes. The anime people just screwed up, as usual. They've missed a lot of stuff before and they will miss it again.

Gaara's sand shield was forming. Kimimaro charged, died and then they cut to Orochimaru followed by Gaara and Lee sitting down on the ground.

I'll stick to my previous comment. Kishi is wrong then.

The shield wasn't protecting, because Kimimaro wasn't attacking. We've seen the same thing with Deidara, when a bird got very close to him and was ignore completely by the Shield until the moment it exploded.

It doesn't operate from Gaara's chakra and he has more than enough sand to fly and Shield himself at the same time.

How is Kishi wrong? The sand was keeping him floating. But when it sensed Kimimaro attacking, it rose to protect Gaara. I mean, you really think all of that sand is needed to keep a tiny kid like Gaara afloat (using chakra)?

FallenAngelII said:
How is Kishi wrong? The sand was keeping him floating. But when it sensed Kimimaro attacking, it rose to protect Gaara. I mean, you really think all of that sand is needed to keep a tiny kid like Gaara afloat (using chakra)?

sigh its called a joke, we all know Kishi cant be wrong :mad

well we can eliminate the whole theory of not having enough sand because gaara still had the gourd on his back and as we know from the chunnin exam it is sand as well.

i am going to go with most theories here and say that gaara's sand shield was forming but kimimaro was too fast for it. remember back in the chunnin wxam against rock lee the sand couldn't keep up.

the reason the sheild didnt form as the way like some have said is because kimimaro died before then so the sheild wasn't needed.

The shield definitely shouldv'e had enough time as kimimaro was babbling on. About how the sand didn't sense any danger, Gaara can still control it himself. He couldv'e used his own will to move it up if the sand wasn't moving by itself

NightNinja123 said:
The shield definitely shouldv'e had enough time as kimimaro was babbling on. About how the sand didn't sense any danger, Gaara can still control it himself. He couldv'e used his own will to move it up if the sand wasn't moving by itself

Why do people who have not read the manga come in here to discuss the manga? "I know I'm right 'cause I saw it in the anime!"

The sand was coming up to shield Gaara in the manga as Kimimaro lunged at him, spouting some kind of nonsense. Then he died and we cut directly from Kimimaro's face at the moment of death to Orochimaru in his new body and then to Gaara and Rock Lee sitting on the ground.

This is final, because it's in the manga.

Here's the problem. Gaara still had his armor of sand. That would not have been enough against the spear. Also if his sand had protected him, which it WOULD Have, he would have been dropped onto the bone spears. I still think his sand would have protected him vs that but Lee might have been hurt.

Main problem is to block the spear before he had to use his new Ultimate defense. He would not have had the extra sand, minerals and most importantly time to create it.

Orofan said:
Here's the problem. Gaara still had his armor of sand. That would not have been enough against the spear. Also if his sand had protected him, which it WOULD Have, he would have been dropped onto the bone spears. I still think his sand would have protected him vs that but Lee might have been hurt.

Main problem is to block the spear before he had to use his new Ultimate defense. He would not have had the extra sand, minerals and most importantly time to create it.

:huh what the hell are u talking about

Back
Top Bottom