A Thread About Kakashi & Itachi *shock*

Divinstrosity

Itachi: God Of The Gods.
According to Wikipedia, Kakashi graduated from the academy at 5, and became Chuunin at 6?!?!?!?!?! That's utterly insane. On the other hand, Itachi graduated at 7, and became Chuunin at 10

Now, if all of that is true, why did Kakashi get owned by Itachi? I'm sorry, but if he became Chuunin at 6, their should be no one in the Narutoverse, who should be able to handle him, at this point. On top of that, he now has the sharingan, which should've made him even more of an unstoppable force....

What happened to Kakashi, that 'cause someone of lesser ability, like Itachi, to surpass him? Especially considering Itachi is younger, and more powerful. I know someone will say that it doesn't necessarily mean that Itachi was less talented, but graduating at the academy two years earlier, and become Chuunin, just ONE year afterward .... when it took Itachi three? I don't know ...

Your thoughts?

Well, since... No, thats not the reason...

There is of course.... Nope, thats not it either...

Plot no jutsu anyone?

it seems that after every one of kakashi's close friends died (mentioned in anime and manga right before the sasuke retrieval arc), he decidied to take it easy. this is probably when he stopped training to the insane degree.

itachi on the other hand has uncomparable experience with the killing of uchiha clan, his akatsuki initiation and the obligations that come with akatsuki membership which to my understanding involves a lot of combat with most likely high level ninjas.

i think that kakashi at 7 would make itachi of the same age lick his elbows.

Last edited:
Plasma-Stinger said:
Kakashi was probably stronger than Itachi back then, but now Itachi has the Mangekyou and Kakashi doesn't.

Well, wasn't Itachi taking him apart even before he used the Mangekyou? Remember the, "He hasn't shown his true power yet..." comment by Kakashi? In other words, even though he was giving them all he could handle, he had yet to reveal that ability. I doubt if Kakashi was referring to the Mangekyou, 'cause he seemed shocked when he realized that Itachi was about to use that technique ... so, what exactly was he referring to, and doesn't that mean that the Mangekyou was over-kill, almost? He already had three Jounin on their heels before he even unleashed that technique...

Divinstrosity said:
According to Wikipedia, Kakashi graduated from the academy at 5, and became Chuunin at 6?!?!?!?!?! That's utterly insane. On the other hand, Itachi graduated at 7, and became Chuunin at 10
Its not how you start, its how you finish. Sasuke graduated the academy at 12 and is said to have more potential than Itachi. Oro was called a once in a decade genius, yet admits inferiority to Itachi.
Divinstrosity said:
Now, if all of that is true, why did Kakashi get owned by Itachi? I'm sorry, but if he became Chuunin at 6, their should be no one in the Narutoverse, who should be able to handle him, at this point. On top of that, he now has the sharingan, which should've made him even more of an unstoppable force....
The sharingan should have made him an unstoppable, its valuable but drains his stamina alot. Also your assuming that growth is dispersed equally over one's lifetime. Look at Lee for an example, he started off slow but is one of the strongest genins now. There are periods in ones lifetime that they grow faster then other times(think of it as puberty).
Divinstrosity said:
What happened to Kakashi, that 'cause someone of lesser ability, like Itachi, to surpass him? Especially considering Itachi is younger, and more powerful. I know someone will say that it doesn't necessarily mean that Itachi was less talented, but graduating at the academy two years earlier, and become Chuunin, just ONE year afterward .... when it took Itachi three? I don't know ...
You should take this into consideration:
Spoiler:
Kakashi grew up in a time of war, when they needed all the ninjas they could get. All the same I have always felt that in actuallity Kakashi is the worlds greatest genius, however contrary to popular belief the sharingan stunted his growth.

The Truth said:
Its not how you start, its how you finish. Sasuke graduated the academy at 12 and is said to have more potential than Itachi. Oro was called a once in a decade genius, yet admits inferiority to Itachi.

Agreed.

The sharingan should have made him an unstoppable, its valuable but drains his stamina alot. Also your assuming that growth is dispersed equally over one's lifetime. Look at Lee for an example, he started off slow but is one of the strongest genins now. There are periods in ones lifetime that they grow faster then other times(think of it as puberty).

I'm not suggesting that growth is dispersed equally over one's lifetime. I'm well aware of child prodigies who show demi-god like potential in their youth, only to burn out, and have other's catch up to them. What I was intending to find out is, what 'caused his development to slow down, to the point that individuals with less talent, not only equalled him, but also surpassed him. As for Rock Lee, it's obvious why Lee is as strong as he is now. The same cannot be said as to why Kakashi isn't still the strongest of all ninja's ...or at least mentioned in the same breathe with the Sannin. At least not to me, anyway...

You should take this into consideration:
Spoiler:
Kakashi grew up in a time of war, when they needed all the ninjas they could get. All the same I have always felt that in actuallity Kakashi is the worlds greatest genius, however contrary to popular belief the sharingan stunted his growth.
[/QUOTE]

To me, that's even more of a reason that he should've stayed ahead of Itachi. Training is one thing, but battle experience is something altogether different(obviously). Perhaps training may sharpen one's skills, but battle definitely gives one(especially a GENIUS) invaluable experience & understanding of how to handle one's self in future confrontations. The fact that Kakashi was an elite genius, with much battle experience -- I feel -- should make him, at least, Sannin level. No?

It may depend on the time. Maybe when kakashi was graduating they were more lenient and when Itachi was in the academy they were harder on the students.

Not sure, just a thought

Divinstrosity said:
I'm not suggesting that growth is dispersed equally over one's lifetime. I'm well aware of child prodigies who show demi-god like potential in their youth, only to burn out, and have other's catch up to them. What I was intending to find out is, what 'caused his development to slow down, to the point that individuals with less talent, not only equalled him, but also surpassed him. As for Rock Lee, it's obvious why Lee is as strong as he is now. The same cannot be said as to why Kakashi isn't still the strongest of all ninja's ...or at least mentioned in the same breathe with the Sannin. At least not to me, anyway...
I'm not sure how much(if any) of the manga you've read do i won't spoil it for you. But Kakashi gained a great weapon in the Sharingan, he also gain weaknesses. His stamina is greatly effected, this can't be overstated. Jutsus that other genius ninjas can perform are out of the question for Kakashi because of his chakra capacity. Also Kakashi isn't as motivated as Itachi was(he used to be, but thats the manga) so his desire to grow stronger stopped along time ago. Up until recently Kakashi was content to simply do his best and take things as they come.
Divinstrosity said:
To me, that's even more of a reason that he should've stayed ahead of Itachi. Training is one thing, but battle experience is something altogether different(obviously). Perhaps training may sharpen one's skills, but battle definitely gives one(especially a GENIUS) invaluable experience & understanding of how to handle one's self in future confrontations. The fact that Kakashi was an elite genius, with much battle experience -- I feel -- should make him, at least, Sannin level. No?
Itachi is clearly on a differant level apart from Kakashi. But it was also a bad matchup, Kakashi himself said that fighting Itachi was a worse case scenario-a fellow sharingan user. Itachi has the same eye but none of the weaknesses Kakashi has.
As for experience, it can only take you so far. Kakashi is a great ninja but experience doesn't matter as much when your opponant is just flat out stronger than you.

Back
Top Bottom