A Patient Love

SomaX

plans on eating your brains...
Don't poke the leopard.

That night Naruto found a note in his room:
"Naruto, I have something important to tell you. Meet me Outside the village lines tonight at 7:00."

"What does this mean?", he thought. He thought of all the posibillities. Maybe it was a secret ninja mission only for him. Sasuke would be so jelous. Or what if it was Sasuke, maybe he was pulling a prank on him to get revenge for last Friday. Though, come to think of it, this looked nothing like Sasuke's handwriting. As a matter of fact, it looked more like Sakura's, with all it's loops and swirls. What if.....what if Sakura had finally given up on Sasuke and realized her feelings for him! Naruto couldn't wait. Thinking about his childhood dream (besides becoming Hokage) finally coming true was too much to bear. And so, he rushed of to the specified meeting place right then. It would only be a few hours. Hell, she may even show up early. "Oh, Sakura! Oh, Sakura, we can finally be together!" he said while running faster than ever before.

He sat on that hill for what seemed like hours(it really was hours but this is Naruto we're talking about), untill he sensed a familar chakara in the trees behind him. "Oh hey, Hinata!" he said.

"N-naruto..."

"Have you seen Sakura? I'm waiting for her and it's 7 o'clock so she should be here by now. I wonder if she got lost or held up with something......"

"N-naruto..."

"What ever it is, I'm sure she has a good reason. After all she did say she would meet me here......Well tecniquly, she didn't SAY it, but I got a note today and I figured it must be her."

"Naruto, it wasn't Sakura who sent you that note!"

"What?! Then who? Do you really know?"

"Uh! Y-yes. It w-was me."

"You? Really?! Then what's the message? It's a secret ninja mission, isn't it? I knew it!"

N-no, N-naruto. That's...that's not why I asked you here."

"Huh? Then what?"

"I asked you to come here, be-because...I have to tell you something......Naruto, I...I love you."

"R-really? I never would have guessed."

"So do you want to do something, sometime?"

"Su-sure."

"You don't seem so sure."

"Well, it's just that, all the time I've been a ninja I've only liked one girl, and that was Sakura. But ever since you fought Neji in the Chunin Exams, I've started to look at you, not so much as the weak little girl I thought you were, but as a strong, willful woman, exactly what I had seen in Sakura. I've know, and tried to deny, the fact that Sakura will only love Sasuke and will never have feelings for me. All my life, I've been shunned and hated. For awhile, I thought no one would ever love me. But now...now I know that there is someone that loves me, and that, though I didn't relize it at first.......I love them too...."

~~~~~~~~~

TIME:
pencil sketch: 1:15

ink: 45

coloring and details: 30

UTENCILS: #2 graphight pencil, black ink thin line pen, black sharpie, iPhoto Plus

Last edited:
Shouldn't that rather belong in the fanfiction section ? The pic is so small, it's hard to recognize your drawing in a size like that :(.

cathydecker said:
Did you write the little ficlet too? I like the humor of Naruto's interpretation of the note!

Yes I did actually.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Chieri Blossom said:
Shouldn't that rather belong in the fanfiction section ? The pic is so small, it's hard to recognize your drawing in a size like that :(.

No, because the art was what I was posting. The only reason I wrote that small fraction of a fanfic was because I feel that every picture needs a story, a reason, otherwise it has no point and no depth.
If you click on the link I posted that shows the picture on deviant art, you'll have the option of seeing it in an enlarged size.

azim86 said:
Looks just ok,I think ^^
I enjoyed reading the story tho.

Thanks for looking at it anyway.
Glad you enjoyed.

Dulce said:
You should make the picture bigger. the fic was cute

Photobucket won't let me make it bigger, but like I said before, If you click on the link I posted that shows the picture on deviant art, you'll have the option of seeing it in an enlarged size.
Glad you liked it.

Nice drawings and the story is pretty cool but the heads are kinda out of shape

Thanks copy nin. Yeah, I noticed that while I was inking it. I didn't feel like going back and fixing it though.

No, because the art was what I was posting. The only reason I wrote that small fraction of a fanfic was because I feel that every picture needs a story, a reason, otherwise it has no point and no depth.

I kinda of relate to what you're feeling...
Nice story, you should go check a look at the fic in my signature, i'm sort of doing the same thing as you do^^

It's good to know there are people out there who share my views.
If I get the chance I'll check it out, but it'll have to wait. I'm swamped with work.

*gasp* Otoutosan! :nuts So pretty. :wtf Why didn't you show this one to me?! :mad Know what? You should have posted the Haku picture. You have that one posted on deviant art right? :huh Well you should post that one on NF! It's much better than this one. :nod

@oneesan: I didn't have the fanfic that went with the Haku one when I posted this. I still might post it, but it will have to wait.

@matricha: Thank you. Good to know my work is being apriciated.

Well, i'll be honest. I didn't exactly understand the 'Patient Love' picture.
Naruto was cool, but Hinata looked dead. Her mind looks so empty. Nice though.
I'll give you 7/10 because of your effort..

@oneesan: It is finished, I just haven't had time to post it yet.

@nekosim: LOL! Art is not ment to be understood. As for the Hinata in contrast to Naruto thing, I did that slightly on purpose. You see, I wanted to give Naruto a more anime look and Hinata a more manga look. I'm not sure why...it just seemed to fit...

@warz: Actually, that fic was actually part of a fic that I'm currently writing. I'm hoping to post it here, if not on fanfiction.net or divientart. Hell, maybe I'll post it on all 3. :laugh

Back
Top Bottom